Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 04-18-2009, 07:40 PM   #31
kar0066
Mouseketeer
 
kar0066's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 246

I went to Disney last year 12/5-12/13 and we are going the same time this year. It is Pop Warner week, but it was not nearly as bad as what I expected. I like this week because it is not crowded, prices are low, and the Christmas decorations are beautiful.

I also lucked out with flights. I can't believe how the prices change every day. I live 5 minutes from Lehigh Valley Airport - but they do not have a direct flight to MCO and the flights are always more expensive than Newark and Philly. This week, for whatever reason, the flight was cheaper from Lehigh Valley. Having a layover stinks, but you can't beat being able to get home in 5 minutes after coming home from vacation.

I also booked thru AAA. They were able to save me another $75 compared to the on-line price.

I am wondering if Disney is going to extend any of their specials till December. My AAA TA did say she would be able to honor any new specials that come out. Is that true?
kar0066 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 03:52 PM   #32
PrincessSuzanne
Guess I will be eating crow tonight
Good thing I can be quiet when necessary
 
PrincessSuzanne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Phenix City, Alabama/War Eagle...Go Tigers
Posts: 9,555

Quote:
Originally Posted by kar0066 View Post
I went to Disney last year 12/5-12/13 and we are going the same time this year. It is Pop Warner week, but it was not nearly as bad as what I expected. I like this week because it is not crowded, prices are low, and the Christmas decorations are beautiful.

I also lucked out with flights. I can't believe how the prices change every day. I live 5 minutes from Lehigh Valley Airport - but they do not have a direct flight to MCO and the flights are always more expensive than Newark and Philly. This week, for whatever reason, the flight was cheaper from Lehigh Valley. Having a layover stinks, but you can't beat being able to get home in 5 minutes after coming home from vacation.

I also booked thru AAA. They were able to save me another $75 compared to the on-line price.

I am wondering if Disney is going to extend any of their specials till December. My AAA TA did say she would be able to honor any new specials that come out. Is that true?

They usually do have some great offers for December, but last year they didn't for the time you are going because of Pop Warner and the heavy bookings during that time. There were some great specials for the week after, some included free dining. And yes, you can change as many times as you want up until your final payment is due, I know that because I always change my resort several times. There were 3 of us last year and we got AKL pool view 3 adults plus regular dining plan for $2600 for 8 nights/9 days, that was an AP rate, so no tickets added, but the WDW AP site wanted about $300 more than that, this was booked by my AAA agent.

Suzanne
__________________

Last edited by PrincessSuzanne; 04-20-2009 at 04:08 PM.
PrincessSuzanne is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 04-20-2009, 04:04 PM   #33
PrincessSuzanne
Guess I will be eating crow tonight
Good thing I can be quiet when necessary
 
PrincessSuzanne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Phenix City, Alabama/War Eagle...Go Tigers
Posts: 9,555

Sorry Duplicate Post
__________________
PrincessSuzanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 08:43 AM   #34
NCDisfan11
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Greensboro, NC
Posts: 22

Booked a birthday blowout for my wife Dec 2-8 at the CR first time staying on site. Second trip to WDW together. Cant wait. Dec is too far away!
NCDisfan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 09:14 AM   #35
MyMuse
From here...to there!
 
MyMuse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: North NJ (I don't know any Sopranos! or Real Housewives!)
Posts: 3,382

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by kar0066 View Post
I went to Disney last year 12/5-12/13 and we are going the same time this year. It is Pop Warner week, but it was not nearly as bad as what I expected. I like this week because it is not crowded, prices are low, and the Christmas decorations are beautiful.

I also booked thru AAA. They were able to save me another $75 compared to the on-line price.
I know this sounds dumb, but what is Pop Warner week?

That's great about your AAA! Mine is not so hot. Considering, it's their headquarters, I'm not sure why I'm not blown away by them. They could not care less whether I book with them or not. Plus, they don't book dining.
__________________
My Twitter: @MyMuse18
D23's Geek of Week for April 12, 2012!
MyMuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 12:54 PM   #36
PrincessSuzanne
Guess I will be eating crow tonight
Good thing I can be quiet when necessary
 
PrincessSuzanne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Phenix City, Alabama/War Eagle...Go Tigers
Posts: 9,555

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyMuse View Post
I know this sounds dumb, but what is Pop Warner week?

That's great about your AAA! Mine is not so hot. Considering, it's their headquarters, I'm not sure why I'm not blown away by them. They could not care less whether I book with them or not. Plus, they don't book dining.
Pop Warner is a little league type group of teens and they have their "Superbowl" at WDW every December. This also includes football and cheerleading competitions.

Sounds like you need a new AAA agent. Mine is great, I would be happy to share her if you want to PM me, I will share her info with you. She is more than happy to help in any way possible. She would do alot more for me if I would let her, but I prefer to do some things myself.

Suzanne
__________________
PrincessSuzanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 01:31 PM   #37
MyMuse
From here...to there!
 
MyMuse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: North NJ (I don't know any Sopranos! or Real Housewives!)
Posts: 3,382

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessSuzanne View Post
Pop Warner is a little league type group of teens and they have their "Superbowl" at WDW every December. This also includes football and cheerleading competitions.

Sounds like you need a new AAA agent. Mine is great, I would be happy to share her if you want to PM me, I will share her info with you. She is more than happy to help in any way possible. She would do alot more for me if I would let her, but I prefer to do some things myself.

Suzanne
Thanks for the info! I was considering a December stay (I'm a little WDW crazy this year).

I never booked a trip with AAA. I always start with them, but they underwhelm me. I end up with an online travel agency. I don't know if AAA agents can cross regions?
__________________
My Twitter: @MyMuse18
D23's Geek of Week for April 12, 2012!
MyMuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 04:24 PM   #38
PrincessSuzanne
Guess I will be eating crow tonight
Good thing I can be quiet when necessary
 
PrincessSuzanne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Phenix City, Alabama/War Eagle...Go Tigers
Posts: 9,555

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyMuse View Post
Thanks for the info! I was considering a December stay (I'm a little WDW crazy this year).

I never booked a trip with AAA. I always start with them, but they underwhelm me. I end up with an online travel agency. I don't know if AAA agents can cross regions?
I am pretty sure they can cross regions. I was originally with AAA South, because there is an office in the next state over, but when my rep left there, the next one to take over was less than helpful, so I switched to one in my state. She has helped other Dis'ers in other states, as did my original rep. If you change your mind, just let me know.

Suzanne
__________________
PrincessSuzanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 07:58 AM   #40
WelovMickey!
DIS Veteran
 
WelovMickey!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: 6hrs away from my home in the castle
Posts: 1,042

Talking

Am here! This trip has a lot of firsts for us in it.This is going to be our first Christmas trip. I think that every Disney lover should see the Christmas decorations at least once. I hope I booked at a slow time. 12/5-12/13. Then this is our first time without my mom (gamma ) I am scared she has always been great, fun and makes the trip so much more enjoyable. And of course helps with the kids. BIG PLUS!! My husband wanted to go without gamma this time. I told him its going to be a lot harder without gamma but he insists. So we'll see Oh and this is our first time as DVC members We own part of Bay Lake Tower!! So I will be here from time to time checking my ticker!

Oh I forgot and its going to be my birthday!! I am not telling my age!

Last edited by WelovMickey!; 04-24-2009 at 08:40 PM.
WelovMickey! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 08:03 AM   #41
WelovMickey!
DIS Veteran
 
WelovMickey!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: 6hrs away from my home in the castle
Posts: 1,042

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsksomeday View Post
We will be at the Polynesian Resort Dec. 13th - 19th celebrating 5 years together .
Hi mrsksomeday,

I see your avatar. Are you blessed with someone with autism? My son is autistic he will be three in July. Happy Autism Awareness Month!
WelovMickey! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 03:15 PM   #42
princesslover
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 628

Quote:
We booked ours in February. We'll be there November 29 - December 5. We're staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge.

I'm still debating whether or not we're going to do MVMCP.
Quote:
Nov. 30 - Dec. 12 WL My daughter's first trip. She will be turning 4 Dec. 2. I'm so excited.
Hi! We're going to be at the WL from November 30-December 7. Our first trip ever, and my DD is turning 3 on December 6.
princesslover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 03:53 PM   #43
mrsksomeday
My Prince uses a power wheelchair!
 
mrsksomeday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Southern Illinois
Posts: 7,636

Quote:
Originally Posted by WelovMickey! View Post
Hi mrsksomeday,

I see your avatar. Are you blessed with someone with autism? My son is autistic he will be three in July. Happy Autism Awareness Month!
My DBF has worked at a summer camp for persons with disabilities, he has Cerebral Palsy and is in a motorized wheelchair. I worked with him one summer and lost my heart to two boys with Autism. Also, I am friends with people here on the boards that have boys with autism. I wanted to help with awareness .
mrsksomeday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 08:38 PM   #44
WelovMickey!
DIS Veteran
 
WelovMickey!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: 6hrs away from my home in the castle
Posts: 1,042

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsksomeday View Post
My DBF has worked at a summer camp for persons with disabilities, he has Cerebral Palsy and is in a motorized wheelchair. I worked with him one summer and lost my heart to two boys with Autism. Also, I am friends with people here on the boards that have boys with autism. I wanted to help with awareness .
Well, I just want to say Thank-You
WelovMickey! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 08:47 PM   #45
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!
 
khertz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: South Louisiana
Posts: 5,205

We'll be there! We are staying at Wyndham Bonnet Creek Dec 4th-14th. I'm ridiculously excited!!
__________________
Me DH DS (3)
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge Adventures at 40"! May 2014 TR
khertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:55 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.