Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 04-16-2009, 07:18 PM   #121
spaceace510
por favor mantenganse alejado de las puertas
 
spaceace510's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 646

Jack Spence of All Ears has posted another update of BLT and DVC within CR. Also he reports on the new Fantasia Market

http://land.allears.net/blogs/jacksp..._april_14.html
__________________
DLR: 1995
WDW-Contemporary: 8-2003 8 nights
WDW-Polynesian: 6-2006 7 night

DCL-Magic--Western: 7-2006 7 night
DLR-Grand Californian: 4-2008 4 night
DLR-Grand Californian: 7-2009 5 night


spaceace510 is offline  
Old 04-16-2009, 09:23 PM   #122
seadd67
DIS Veteran
 
seadd67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Seattle,wa
Posts: 3,546

We were looking Into staying for our Halloween trip,but It looks like we might only be able to stay In the garden area compare to the tower,Is it worth It? compare to staying like at WL?
seadd67 is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 04-16-2009, 09:57 PM   #123
Babyboo
DIS Veteran
 
Babyboo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Northampton, England
Posts: 547

Hi, we are currently at the Contemporary and will be until Saturday am.

I have taken photos of the current in room dining menu as I know somebody was asking for up to date info not so long ago and will post when I get home

If anybody whats any other info let me me know and I will try and find out.

Melissa x
__________________


July 2011 - 3 Nights Miami & 14 Nights Beautiful Reunion Resort Villa
Feb 2011 - 7 Nights Contemporary MK View ( Daddy & Daughter Trip)
Jul 2010 - 13 Nights Reunion Resort Villa & 3 Nights Portofino Bay Dr Seuss Suite
Aug 2009 - 10 Nights Beach Club
Apr 2009 - 7 Nights Contemporary Atrium Club, 3 Nights Portofino Bay & 6 Nights Dominican Republic
Aug 2008 - 17 Nights Yacht Club & 2 Nights Potofino Bay Dr Seuss Suite
Dec 2007 - 3 Nights Animal Kingdom CL, 3 Nights Portofino Bay & 11 Nights Grand Floridian SL
June 2007 - 7 Nights Grand Floridian Theme Park View
Jan 2007 - 2 Nights Animal Kingdom CL (our first on site experience ) & 6 Nights Omni Resort
May 2004 - 1 Night Portofino Bay & 14 Nights Highlands Reserve Villa
March 2001 - 14 Nights Enclave Suites

Babyboo is offline  
Old 04-16-2009, 10:04 PM   #124
seadd67
DIS Veteran
 
seadd67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Seattle,wa
Posts: 3,546

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babyboo View Post
Hi, we are currently at the Contemporary and will be until Saturday am.

I have taken photos of the current in room dining menu as I know somebody was asking for up to date info not so long ago and will post when I get home

If anybody whats any other info let me me know and I will try and find out.

Melissa x
hope your haveing a awsome time!!, what part of the resort are you staying?,and how far(time wise) would you say the walk to the garden wing Is from the monirail?.
seadd67 is offline  
Old 04-16-2009, 10:08 PM   #125
ShelsGoingToDisney
DIS Veteran
 
ShelsGoingToDisney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,342

Quote:
Originally Posted by seadd67 View Post
hope your haveing a awsome time!!, what part of the resort are you staying?,and how far(time wise) would you say the walk to the garden wing Is from the monirail?.

We stayed in the garden wing a couple weeks ago. We were in the farthest building out and it took up 5 minutes or so to walk up to the tower and up to the monorail platform that is above the 4th floor. HTH!
__________________
Shel
Sean Joey Alayne Sam




Offsite ~ July 1983, June 1992, March 2001; Poly/ASMovies~Jan 2006;Poly~April 2006;Pop/Poly~Jan 2008;CR~March 2009;BC~Oct 2009;POP~July 2010;Harry Potter trip~Jan 2011;Endeavour Launch Trip~April 2011;Atlantis Launch Trip~July 2011;POR~May 2012; Disney Fantasy Cruise ~ May 2012;Joey's 13th Birthday Christmas Decor Trip ~ Nov/Dec.2012;Disneyland~May 2013 ~ Silly Sam's AoA Adventure Nov. 2013 ~ WONDERful Alaska May 2014
ShelsGoingToDisney is online now  
Old 04-16-2009, 10:08 PM   #126
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 39,674

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaceace510 View Post
Jack Spence of All Ears has posted another update of BLT and DVC within CR. Also he reports on the new Fantasia Market

http://land.allears.net/blogs/jacksp..._april_14.html
Thanks for posting that link.
CR Resort Fan 4 Life is offline  
Old 04-16-2009, 10:22 PM   #127
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 39,674

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babyboo View Post
Hi, we are currently at the Contemporary and will be until Saturday am.

I have taken photos of the current in room dining menu as I know somebody was asking for up to date info not so long ago and will post when I get home

If anybody whats any other info let me me know and I will try and find out.

Melissa x
I just want to say I hope your having a great time and if you get a chance can you ask some of the Cast Members at the bell stand this question. Back in December there were no spaces to park by Bay Lake Tower in the north parking lot and part of that reason is because of all the construction happening there. However one of the Cast Members working as a valet said they opened up more spaces next to the valet parking area, so those use to be valet parking spots and are now regular parking spots. Anyway I was wondering are those old valet parking spots going to be a permanent place for guests to park or once the construction of Bay Lake Tower is over they will go back to only being valet parking areas, since more spaces in the north parking lot should open up.
CR Resort Fan 4 Life is offline  
Old 04-16-2009, 10:23 PM   #128
seadd67
DIS Veteran
 
seadd67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Seattle,wa
Posts: 3,546

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelsGoingToDisney View Post
We stayed in the garden wing a couple weeks ago. We were in the farthest building out and it took up 5 minutes or so to walk up to the tower and up to the monorail platform that is above the 4th floor. HTH!

Thanks thats not to bad,we did that at POP.
seadd67 is offline  
Old 04-17-2009, 07:38 AM   #129
oasispaul
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Cleveland
Posts: 402

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babyboo View Post
Hi, we are currently at the Contemporary and will be until Saturday am.

I have taken photos of the current in room dining menu as I know somebody was asking for up to date info not so long ago and will post when I get home

If anybody whats any other info let me me know and I will try and find out.

Melissa x

Thanks Babyboo! Can you take pictures of the pool-area for us (including the renovation going on) and ask one of the CM's when the pool area renovation is scheduled to be completed, and exactly what it will entail? (i.e. are they adding a kids splash zone, new landscaping or anything else? Is the renovation supposed to completed by a certain date?). We're going to be down there in 2 weeks with our little girl and and we'd love to know what to expect!

Thanks a million!
oasispaul is offline  
Old 04-17-2009, 08:35 AM   #130
pixie921
DIS Veteran
 
pixie921's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,316

Quote:
Originally Posted by oasispaul View Post
Thanks Babyboo! Can you take pictures of the pool-area for us (including the renovation going on) and ask one of the CM's when the pool area renovation is scheduled to be completed, and exactly what it will entail? (i.e. are they adding a kids splash zone, new landscaping or anything else? Is the renovation supposed to completed by a certain date?).
I'd love to know this, too.

Hope you're having a magical trip, Babyboo!
__________________
Amy
pixie921 is offline  
Old 04-17-2009, 07:46 PM   #131
Cmbar
DIS Veteran
 
Cmbar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Maryland
Posts: 3,592

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Resort Fan 4 Life View Post
What about that kids splash play area, when will that be built?
Is there going to be a Kids splash area at the Contmp? I know there is going to be one at BLT, but I didn't know they were putting one in the Contmp. Thats awesome!
__________________
VBR and VGF August,2014, AKV Jambo Dec 2013, Wonder-Alaska Jul 13, Fantasy Jun-12, BCV Jan-11, Dream! Apr 3,2011, Western Magic DCL-Oct 30-2010,POP/BCV -June 10 SSR-Jan 10, BLT-Nov 09, POP June 09, All Star Sports Mar 09, Western Magic - Nov 08 SSR/Marriott Cypress Harbour Jul-08, GF-Nov 07, WL-Nov 06, CBR -Feb 06 POFQ/BWV -Feb 05, POP-Mar 04, DoubleTree DTD, Mar 03, POR-Mar 01 Dixie Landings (POR) HONEYMOON -Oct 1992


Cmbar is offline  
Old 04-17-2009, 09:50 PM   #132
ohiotinkfan
"Tinking about Disney"
 
ohiotinkfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 238

Just Back! Great Time!

DD and I just returned on Sunday from a wonderful stay at the CR resort. We had booked a Bay Lake view and were upgraded to a MK at check in on Tuesday late night!!!!

Room was great, housekeeping fine too. No towel animals, just your basic cleaning and refreshing of the room. We were on the 7th floor near the elevator. Noise was not a problem for us and we are late sleepers! The fireworks were beautiful and very enjoyable on the balcony!

Loved the Contempo Cafe! We both had the flatbread pizza several times and they were very tasty! We also had a hamburger once (shared) and it was also good. We didn't care for the bun, but I knew that might be the case from reading these amazing boards. If I ordered the hamburger again I would ask about other bun options. The Cafe had a lot of choices for lunch and dinner and the ordering process was very easy. We didn't eat breakfast (later sleepers!) so I can't comment on it.

The pool area is open but they are still working on adding some things. You can use the pool but you need to walk around the construction blockers.

If you have any questions let me know.
ohiotinkfan is offline  
Old 04-17-2009, 10:01 PM   #133
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 39,674

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmbar View Post
Is there going to be a Kids splash area at the Contmp? I know there is going to be one at BLT, but I didn't know they were putting one in the Contmp. Thats awesome!
That's why I heard was going to be apart of the pool renovation.
CR Resort Fan 4 Life is offline  
Old 04-17-2009, 10:02 PM   #134
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 39,674

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiotinkfan View Post
DD and I just returned on Sunday from a wonderful stay at the CR resort. We had booked a Bay Lake view and were upgraded to a MK at check in on Tuesday late night!!!!

Room was great, housekeeping fine too. No towel animals, just your basic cleaning and refreshing of the room. We were on the 7th floor near the elevator. Noise was not a problem for us and we are late sleepers! The fireworks were beautiful and very enjoyable on the balcony!

Loved the Contempo Cafe! We both had the flatbread pizza several times and they were very tasty! We also had a hamburger once (shared) and it was also good. We didn't care for the bun, but I knew that might be the case from reading these amazing boards. If I ordered the hamburger again I would ask about other bun options. The Cafe had a lot of choices for lunch and dinner and the ordering process was very easy. We didn't eat breakfast (later sleepers!) so I can't comment on it.

The pool area is open but they are still working on adding some things. You can use the pool but you need to walk around the construction blockers.

If you have any questions let me know.
Thanks for posting your review and congragulations on the upgrade to the Magic Kingdom View.
CR Resort Fan 4 Life is offline  
Old 04-18-2009, 08:23 AM   #135
Babyboo
DIS Veteran
 
Babyboo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Northampton, England
Posts: 547

Quote:
Originally Posted by seadd67 View Post
hope your haveing a awsome time!!, what part of the resort are you staying?,and how far(time wise) would you say the walk to the garden wing Is from the monirail?.
We're having a great time. We have a Theme Park View Room on the 11th Floor, the views are great and we can't beat the location of the hotel.

My Hubby and DD6 walked from the Garden Wing enterance to the monorail and timed it at 4 minutes.


Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Resort Fan 4 Life View Post
I just want to say I hope your having a great time and if you get a chance can you ask some of the Cast Members at the bell stand this question. Back in December there were no spaces to park by Bay Lake Tower in the north parking lot and part of that reason is because of all the construction happening there. However one of the Cast Members working as a valet said they opened up more spaces next to the valet parking area, so those use to be valet parking spots and are now regular parking spots. Anyway I was wondering are those old valet parking spots going to be a permanent place for guests to park or once the construction of Bay Lake Tower is over they will go back to only being valet parking areas, since more spaces in the north parking lot should open up.
We haven't found anybody that can answer this, but noticed that during our stay the construction vehicles have been cleared from the North Wing car park and is now being used as car parking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oasispaul View Post
Thanks Babyboo! Can you take pictures of the pool-area for us (including the renovation going on) and ask one of the CM's when the pool area renovation is scheduled to be completed, and exactly what it will entail? (i.e. are they adding a kids splash zone, new landscaping or anything else? Is the renovation supposed to completed by a certain date?). We're going to be down there in 2 weeks with our little girl and and we'd love to know what to expect!

Thanks a million!
OK, the pool area. We have taken some photos, but probably won't be able to post until we get home in 11 days. There are still lots of construction areas, but we have not seen anybody working on anything during our week stay. The Cabanas look great. The main pool is open along with the slide and 1 hot tub.

When we spoke to a CM last night she said they haven't decided exactly what is going to done in the areas under contstruction, maybe a kids area and at the moment as they have no firm plans or are not working on the area there isn't a completion date. She also said that they haven't decided whether or not to replace or just update the main slide. So I guess work hasn't finished on the main pool yet.

How true all of this is I'm not sure, it may just be they don't know what the plans are. But I would find it hard to believe that anything is going to be completed in the next two weeks, or even anytime soon. But then this is Disney and things can change overnight.
__________________


July 2011 - 3 Nights Miami & 14 Nights Beautiful Reunion Resort Villa
Feb 2011 - 7 Nights Contemporary MK View ( Daddy & Daughter Trip)
Jul 2010 - 13 Nights Reunion Resort Villa & 3 Nights Portofino Bay Dr Seuss Suite
Aug 2009 - 10 Nights Beach Club
Apr 2009 - 7 Nights Contemporary Atrium Club, 3 Nights Portofino Bay & 6 Nights Dominican Republic
Aug 2008 - 17 Nights Yacht Club & 2 Nights Potofino Bay Dr Seuss Suite
Dec 2007 - 3 Nights Animal Kingdom CL, 3 Nights Portofino Bay & 11 Nights Grand Floridian SL
June 2007 - 7 Nights Grand Floridian Theme Park View
Jan 2007 - 2 Nights Animal Kingdom CL (our first on site experience ) & 6 Nights Omni Resort
May 2004 - 1 Night Portofino Bay & 14 Nights Highlands Reserve Villa
March 2001 - 14 Nights Enclave Suites

Babyboo is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Alphabet Game Disney World/Land Shops, Resorts, & Restaraunts.. II ryley26 Theme Parks Community 3798 08-21-2010 03:40 PM
The *ALL NEW* Polynesian Resort FAQ thread - *APRIL 2009* SeaSpray Disney Resorts 3773 09-22-2009 04:15 PM
Ultimate Resort Poll - Deluxe frisco Disney Resorts 70 04-09-2009 08:21 AM
Question about resort mugs - do they offer milk with the coffee or only cream? lucky978 Disney Resorts 4 04-05-2009 12:14 PM
The *NEW* Polynesian Resort FAQ thread - *SEPT 2008* SeaSpray Disney Resorts 3726 04-05-2009 07:28 AM

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:58 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.