Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2009, 01:21 PM   #31
♥sassy♥tink♥
I ♥ Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tia View Post
that sounds like a good reason to me! We might be in Knoxville on Sunday.
You can send me a PM if you want to try and get together... there is a great JoAnn Fabrics in West Knoxville! I like Hobby Lobby too, but they are not open on Sundays. I will bring our FE. I did mine without sewing either, but used the iron on hem tape. It looks pretty good from the front!

DCL
Western Caribbean (Magic): '07 ~ Eastern Caribbean (Magic): '09 ~ CC Double Dip (Dream): '11 ~ Western Caribbean (Fantasy): '12
Me DH DD DS
Old 04-17-2009, 06:58 PM   #32
bigAWL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahsmom View Post
Sure, I can add those to the 1st post. Does anyone happen to know what page they might be on in the old thread? There's a lot of pages to search through.
Here's some info from the thread on the Grand Gathering at Friday night's Illuminations. I think it starts at 7:30, is that right? Down lower is the Grand Gatherings number and information on signing up from Lissa. But I don't know if there's any room left in the case that someone else wanted to join in at this point.

Quote:
International Dinner and IllumiNations Dessert Reception
Taste food from all around the world in a buffet style dinner. In the past there have been American, Italian, German and Chinese selections. Your fun-loving hostess, Auntie Roz, will keep the eveningly lively and someone from your party might even be part of the show! Make sure your outgoing children are ready to perform -- and have your camera ready!

Classic Characters such as Minnie Mouse and Goofy have been known to show up right before the dance party begins! After dinner, there is also time for photos with the characters before heading out to your VIP viewing area for "IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth."

The highlight of this viewing spot is a beautiful and elegant dessert buffet. Wine and coffee are served around the chocolate fountain and other sweets. Sounds like a dessert lover's dream come true!

You're leaving so soon? After the fireworks, you do not have to hurry out. Relax! Fill up another plate! Do anything to avoid the mass exodus around you. Think about how peaceful your walk out of Epcot will be once the crowds are gone.

Prices are $59.99 (Adult ages 10+) and $29.99 (Children 3-9). Remember that theme park admission is required and is NOT included in the price of the Grand Gathering.
Quote:
Illumnations dinner- grand gathering event
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just got off the phone with WDW. Can't book this yet as it is not 180 days so i will call next Saturday and book it. I can not book it until those that want to be involved add the grand gathering number to their hotel reservation. If your a DVC member you can do this by calling member services others can call CRO. So you don't have to look for the number it is 824529.

Lissa
Quote:
After over an hour on the phone I finally get through to someone at member services that can help. They have made changes to their system and i was only able to book for my family because you now have to pay for this when you book it. If you are a DVC member call member services tell them you want to book the Illuminations dinner and desert reception. They will connect you to the right person. If you are not a DVc member you call this number 1-407-939-7526. Tell them the same thing. You will need our grand gatherings number. The date we are booking is 7/17. In case you need it my confirmation number for this is M9723692. Our grand gathering number is 824529. Oh why did Disney have to change things they couldn't have just left it alone and this would have been so much easier. Sorry i couldn't book this for everyone.

Lissa
1989 .......... Offsite?
2007 Jun .................................................. .................................................. ................. Newport Bay Club
2008 May-Jun .. Shades of Green ................. Wonder 4-night Bahamas Double-dip
2009 Jul ...... Shades of Green ................. Magic 7-night E. Caribbean Tortola
2010 Jun ........................................ Magic 12-night Northern Europe
2010 Dec ...... Saratoga Springs Resort ......... Magic 11-night S. Caribbean Holiday
2011 Jul ........................................ Wonder 7-night Alaska .................... Villas at Grand Californian
2011 Oct ...... Polynesian - AKV Kidani
2012 Jun ...... Bay Lake Tower .................. Fantasy 7-night W. Caribbean
2013 Mar ...... Beach Club Villas - BLT ......... Dream 4/3-night Bahamas Back-to-Back

Future Plans:
2014 Jun ........................................ Magic 12-night Med. Barcelona-Venice
2015 Jun-Jul .................................... Magic 11-night Norwegian Fjords & Iceland
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-17-2009, 07:31 PM   #33
noahsmom
2002 - Poly & Wonder; 2004 - Poly & Wonder; 2006 - AKL & Magic; 2007 - SSR & Wonder; 2008 SSR only; 2009 Kidani, SSR & Magic to Tortola; 2010 Double dip Wonder & WDW road trip

The grand gathering illuminations cruise sounds wonderful! Too bad we will already be in Port Canaveral. We'll warm the ship up for you though!
Old 04-17-2009, 08:38 PM   #34
jlawall
Captain Lucky, the Great Provider
I'm always up a for a show in NYC
You know, this group will live forever
we are a lively, blimey, crazy bunch

International Dinner and IllumiNations Dessert Reception
Taste food from all around the world in a buffet style dinner. In the past there have been American, Italian, German and Chinese selections. Your fun-loving hostess, Auntie Roz, will keep the eveningly lively and someone from your party might even be part of the show! Make sure your outgoing children are ready to perform -- and have your camera ready!

Classic Characters such as Minnie Mouse and Goofy have been known to show up right before the dance party begins! After dinner, there is also time for photos with the characters before heading out to your VIP viewing area for "IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth."

The highlight of this viewing spot is a beautiful and elegant dessert buffet. Wine and coffee are served around the chocolate fountain and other sweets. Sounds like a dessert lover's dream come true!

You're leaving so soon? After the fireworks, you do not have to hurry out. Relax! Fill up another plate! Do anything to avoid the mass exodus around you. Think about how peaceful your walk out of Epcot will be once the crowds are gone.

Prices are $59.99 (Adult ages 10+) and $29.99 (Children 3-9). Remember that theme park admission is required and is NOT included in the price of the Grand Gathering.

Quote:
Illumnations dinner- grand gathering event
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just got off the phone with WDW. Can't book this yet as it is not 180 days so i will call next Saturday and book it. I can not book it until those that want to be involved add the grand gathering number to their hotel reservation. If your a DVC member you can do this by calling member services others can call CRO. So you don't have to look for the number it is 824529.

Lissa

Quote:
After over an hour on the phone I finally get through to someone at member services that can help. They have made changes to their system and i was only able to book for my family because you now have to pay for this when you book it. If you are a DVC member call member services tell them you want to book the Illuminations dinner and desert reception. They will connect you to the right person. If you are not a DVc member you call this number 1-407-939-7526. Tell them the same thing. You will need our grand gatherings number. The date we are booking is 7/17. In case you need it my confirmation number for this is M9723692. Our grand gathering number is 824529. Oh why did Disney have to change things they couldn't have just left it alone and this would have been so much easier. Sorry i couldn't book this for everyone.

Lissa
Thx for reposting this.......I'm having BF and DD issues.......one can't come and I'm still waiting for confirmation on some of the others.......I should know by a week from now......I may change my ressie at WDW based on who's coming..........GG sounds great, I really want to be there.......
Old 04-17-2009, 09:06 PM   #35
WVMD

DIS Veteran

The Mods locked the previous thread - so nobody can accidently post there....

I hope that everybody has a great weekend. I head to Washington DC on Sunday for a few days - meetings and such....

Virgil

Past Cruises/Trips: Sept. 7, 2012 Canada, 06/12/2010 12 night Inaugural Baltic, 07/11/10 Kristin and Nicks Marriage cruise on the Wonder! 07/18/09 7 Night Eastern (St. Thomas and Tortola),08/01/08 Cities of Knights and Lights (ABD tour) 06/08/08 7 Night Mexican Riviera, 06/16/07 - 11 Night Mediterranean, 12/24/06 - Norwegian Sun (not an NCL fan...), 04/16/06 - Easter 4 day....The First Double Scoop Group 05/27/06, 10 Day Holiday Cruise 12/18/04 , 4 Day Wonder 04/11/04, 1st Cruise 3 day Wonder 09/25/03 Too many WDW visits to post.......
Old 04-18-2009, 03:14 AM   #36
3princessMommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlawall View Post
Thx for reposting this.......I'm having BF and DD issues.......one can't come and I'm still waiting for confirmation on some of the others.......I should know by a week from now......I may change my ressie at WDW based on who's coming..........GG sounds great, I really want to be there.......
JoAnn, we hope you can join us with your whole gang!!!! Keeping our fingers crossed that BF and DD can come too!

DHMe DD11 DD9 DD6 Nala Sasha Patches
1976:WDW OS; 1986:WDW OS; 1993:WDW CR; 2007:DLP NBC; 2008:WDW SOG; DCL Wonder DD; 2009:WDW SOG; DCL Magic Tortola; 2010:DCL Magic Baltic; DCL Magic Xmas; 2011:DCL Wonder Alaska; WDW AK; 2012: WDW BLT & DCL Fantasy Western Planned: 2013: WDW BCV & B2B DCL Dream; 2014: Magic Barcelona to Venice Repo
Old 04-18-2009, 03:22 AM   #37
bigAWL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVMD View Post
The Mods locked the previous thread - so nobody can accidently post there....

I hope that everybody has a great weekend. I head to Washington DC on Sunday for a few days - meetings and such....

Virgil
I'm heading to Washington for a conference in a couple weeks. I also get to visit my parents while there. It'll be my first trip out of Africa since last July. Unfortunately, I won't be able to bring the family. Of course, Joann#2 already had her trip to Germany, so don't worry about her.
1989 .......... Offsite?
2007 Jun .................................................. .................................................. ................. Newport Bay Club
2008 May-Jun .. Shades of Green ................. Wonder 4-night Bahamas Double-dip
2009 Jul ...... Shades of Green ................. Magic 7-night E. Caribbean Tortola
2010 Jun ........................................ Magic 12-night Northern Europe
2010 Dec ...... Saratoga Springs Resort ......... Magic 11-night S. Caribbean Holiday
2011 Jul ........................................ Wonder 7-night Alaska .................... Villas at Grand Californian
2011 Oct ...... Polynesian - AKV Kidani
2012 Jun ...... Bay Lake Tower .................. Fantasy 7-night W. Caribbean
2013 Mar ...... Beach Club Villas - BLT ......... Dream 4/3-night Bahamas Back-to-Back

Future Plans:
2014 Jun ........................................ Magic 12-night Med. Barcelona-Venice
2015 Jun-Jul .................................... Magic 11-night Norwegian Fjords & Iceland
Old 04-18-2009, 03:29 AM   #38
3princessMommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigAWL View Post
I'm heading to Washington for a conference in a couple weeks. I also get to visit my parents while there. It'll be my first trip out of Africa since last July. Unfortunately, I won't be able to bring the family. Of course, Joann#2 already had her trip to Germany, so don't worry about her.
Yeah - Don't worry about me, I just have to single-handedly get ready for our moving sale - which is May 8-9. DH will conveniently miss that. Of course, I'm working full-time and have three kids at home - but I'm superwoman so it's all good.

1976:WDW OS; 1986:WDW OS; 1993:WDW CR; 2007:DLP NBC; 2008:WDW SOG; DCL Wonder DD; 2009:WDW SOG; DCL Magic Tortola; 2010:DCL Magic Baltic; DCL Magic Xmas; 2011:DCL Wonder Alaska; WDW AK; 2012: WDW BLT & DCL Fantasy Western Planned: 2013: WDW BCV & B2B DCL Dream; 2014: Magic Barcelona to Venice Repo
Old 04-18-2009, 06:17 AM   #39
noahsmom
2002 - Poly & Wonder; 2004 - Poly & Wonder; 2006 - AKL & Magic; 2007 - SSR & Wonder; 2008 SSR only; 2009 Kidani, SSR & Magic to Tortola; 2010 Double dip Wonder & WDW road trip

The birds are chirpping, the grass is greening, and my daffodils are blooming! Could spring finally be here? I sure hope so! This morning we are going to meet BIL, SIL, & FIL for breakfast. They live about an hour north of us and FIL wants to meet at 7:30 so much for sleeping in. On any weekday DS is up by 5:30, he likes to read in bed before he gets up. He's not up yet this morning. Guess I better go wake him so we can get going. He has a lacrosse game at 11:30 and our foster son has lacrosse practice at 3:00. His game is tomorrow afternoon when it's supposed to be rainy with a high in the 50's.
Old 04-18-2009, 06:46 AM   #40
3princessMommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahsmom View Post
The birds are chirpping, the grass is greening, and my daffodils are blooming! Could spring finally be here? I sure hope so! This morning we are going to meet BIL, SIL, & FIL for breakfast. They live about an hour north of us and FIL wants to meet at 7:30 so much for sleeping in. On any weekday DS is up by 5:30, he likes to read in bed before he gets up. He's not up yet this morning. Guess I better go wake him so we can get going. He has a lacrosse game at 11:30 and our foster son has lacrosse practice at 3:00. His game is tomorrow afternoon when it's supposed to be rainy with a high in the 50's.
Sounds like a busy day!!!

I woke up this morning and said, "Wow!" I don't have anything planned for today! How can that be possible????? Of course, now it's half over and I haven't accomplished one single thing (except scheduling a playdate for the kids later this afternoon!)

Old 04-18-2009, 07:38 AM   #41
lwilliam
Goofylover
Done after 34-1/2 Years!
I stopped working about 10 minutes after I wrote my thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3princessMommy View Post
Yeah - Don't worry about me, I just have to single-handedly get ready for our moving sale - which is May 8-9. DH will conveniently miss that. Of course, I'm working full-time and have three kids at home - but I'm superwoman so it's all good.
Definition of this statement:

Mom
Old 04-18-2009, 07:43 AM   #42
3princessMommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwilliam View Post
Definition of this statement:

Mom

To be fair - DH is a tremendous help at home and rarely travels, so I will suck it up - just don't tell him that!

Old 04-18-2009, 07:44 AM   #43
mickeymo
DIS Veteran

Good Morning All! Nothing much planned for today. It's storming and should be all weekend. I guess that means cleaning and laundry which I didn't do all week. Then again, a couch and a good book might be a good idea. The Cubs are playing today, so I call the couch and the TV for gametime!!!

Our travel agent has our shore excursions and palo reservations. We decided to take her up on her offer of getting up in the middle of the night. With10 people, 4 staterooms, and the families all intermixed in the staterooms, she can work her magic. Plus, I won't get blamed if something doesn't happen quite right...
Old 04-18-2009, 07:53 AM   #44
lwilliam
Goofylover
Done after 34-1/2 Years!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3princessMommy View Post

To be fair - DH is a tremendous help at home and rarely travels, so I will suck it up - just don't tell him that!
Mine too....but it feels good to make 'em feel a LITTLE guilty!: lmao:
Old 04-18-2009, 07:55 AM   #45
lwilliam
Goofylover
Done after 34-1/2 Years!

Did anyone notice it is the 18th day of the month?

In exactly three months (today) we will all be meeting each other

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: