Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-15-2009, 07:54 PM   #76
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess&her4princes View Post
Hi Everyone!

Hope everyone is having a nice day so far! I'm having a busy day...today is Todd's 34th birthday so the boys and I have been busy baking a cake, picking up a few extra gifts and wrapping presents. We're going to have his favorite meal (hot roast beef sandwiches and bbq chips-- it's a good thing he's sooo easy to please!!!) for dinner tonight along with a homemade marble chocolate cake. Yum!! Great for the diet!!

On another note, I've been very busy training for my first 5K race, my friend (who also has 3 little boys) and I have to decided to get off our hiney's and get our bodies (or what is left of them!! LOL!) in shape and I've always wanted to run, so here goes nothing. I'm not a runner (ran in early HS, but it's been 20 years!) so this is a big deal and I'm not one to exercise, other than walking, so I'm proud to say I've been training for a month now and sticking to it. My legs already feel stronger and so far, I'm enjoying it. Our race is 5/17, so I've got just over a month to get to where I need to be....say a prayer I can do it!!

I just noticed my ticker now says less that 5 months until my trip!! It's going to fly by these next few months...between planning, school getting out and summer, it will be here before I know it. I can't wait!! Thanks for reading along!!

Happy birthday, Todd!!!

Good for you, training for the race! That is awesome!!!

Less than five months?? Yippee!!

2xcited2sleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 09:38 PM   #77
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Aww, thanks, I will tell Todd you said happy birthday!! And Happy 13th to your little man!! WOW....a teenager....I can't even imagine (although I'm SURE it snuck up on you!!!), enjoy your birthday celebration tonight, doing anything special?
Nope, nothing special tonight, both boys had baseball practice, so we were split, DH being with DS13 and me with DS8. We had a dinner for family on Friday. DS got to pick the menu and open gifts from grandparents & aunts and uncles. In lieu of a big party with his friends this year, he opted for new bedroom furniture instead. He graduated from bunk beds to a queen, so he's in heaven!

I hope Todd's birthday celebration went well!
Register to remove

Old 04-16-2009, 04:17 AM   #78
tinkerbells mum
DIS Veteran

Quote:
20 years!! You need to plan a trip...we can help you!!
I am planning!!!! if i've got my dates right we leave 2 years today i'm going with my dd (she'll be 10) my mum and dad, my sister, BIL, nephew and neice. i'll turn 40 on the trip and my neice will turn 13. i've got 2 years to read every post on here and get all the inside info!! thanks for the offer of helping me plan, really appreciate that and will defiantely take you up on the offer i've been to DLRP 3 times recently (last trip March 2009) and just love it there xx
May 1989 WDW, off site April 1998 DLRP, Sequoia LodgeDec 2005 DLRP, Santa Fe Feb 2009, HNY June 2009 DLRP Cheyenne April 2011 WDW, POFQ Feb 2012 DLRP, Cheyenne April 2013 WDW POFQ Aug 2013 DLRP Kyraid, planning Easter 2015 at POFQMe DD (Tigger 17) Mushu

tinkerbells mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 07:07 AM   #79
julezdisney
Boo to the b!

Quote:
Hi!!! Thanks for coming over and joining us!!! Mom is really into this....which makes me even more excited about our trip, knowing she's just as into it (well, maybe not as much as I am, but getting there!!), we're going to have such a wonderful memorable trip, I'm sure of it!

Yay for your September trip, too!! You're going on our 9 year anniversary....Todd and I married on 9/23 and Disneymooned on 9/24!! It's a nice time of year to visit....are you doing a PTR? Would love to follow, if so.....

Thanks again for coming by!!
Yup, I'm doing a PTR/TR- the link's in my siggie. And you got married on my birthday!! 9/24!
julezdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 10:39 AM   #80
Lcaemom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi Everyone!

Hope everyone is having a nice day so far! I'm having a busy day...today is Todd's 34th birthday so the boys and I have been busy baking a cake, picking up a few extra gifts and wrapping presents. We're going to have his favorite meal (hot roast beef sandwiches and bbq chips-- it's a good thing he's sooo easy to please!!!) for dinner tonight along with a homemade marble chocolate cake. Yum!! Great for the diet!!

On another note, I've been very busy training for my first 5K race, my friend (who also has 3 little boys) and I have to decided to get off our hiney's and get our bodies (or what is left of them!! LOL!) in shape and I've always wanted to run, so here goes nothing. I'm not a runner (ran in early HS, but it's been 20 years!) so this is a big deal and I'm not one to exercise, other than walking, so I'm proud to say I've been training for a month now and sticking to it. My legs already feel stronger and so far, I'm enjoying it. Our race is 5/17, so I've got just over a month to get to where I need to be....say a prayer I can do it!!

I just noticed my ticker now says less that 5 months until my trip!! It's going to fly by these next few months...between planning, school getting out and summer, it will be here before I know it. I can't wait!! Thanks for reading along!!
Hope your DH had a great Bday!!! It seems like you all have alot of bdays...they must all be between December and April...they must all be over with til next year?!?
That is so amazing about the 5K...I'm so proud of you!!! You'll have to tell me your secret for sticking with it! I've started doing that so many times and just can't seem to stick to it.
Your trip WILL be here before you know...summer is right around the corner!...that always goes by sooooo fast...and then it will be September!!! Better start packing! Actually, I better start packing...we're leaving in 13 hours...and I haven't started yet!
TR: Our first family of 6 trip, including a proposal on 12/12/12 at 12:12 http://www.disboards.com/showthread....4#post46997114
PTR: Our first family of 6 Christmas Vacation Dec 2012!!!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3015456
Lcaemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 11:35 AM   #81
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
Happy birthday, Todd!!!

Good for you, training for the race! That is awesome!!!

Less than five months?? Yippee!!
Hi Christine!! Thanks for the birthday wishes for Todd, he had a nice day!! And thanks for cheering me on with my race...I just hope I can finish it, that's my ultimate goal, I don't care if I run it all, just want to finish!! Less than 5 months..woohoo!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerGirl View Post
Nope, nothing special tonight, both boys had baseball practice, so we were split, DH being with DS13 and me with DS8. We had a dinner for family on Friday. DS got to pick the menu and open gifts from grandparents & aunts and uncles. In lieu of a big party with his friends this year, he opted for new bedroom furniture instead. He graduated from bunk beds to a queen, so he's in heaven!

I hope Todd's birthday celebration went well!
That will be me in a few years trying to figure out which way to go with which boy!! LOL!! Your DS bedroom furniture sounds so grown up, how nice, a great gift!! Todd had a nice little family celebration, itw as caotic, as anything is in our house these days with three little boys......

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbells mum View Post
I am planning!!!! if i've got my dates right we leave 2 years today i'm going with my dd (she'll be 10) my mum and dad, my sister, BIL, nephew and neice. i'll turn 40 on the trip and my neice will turn 13. i've got 2 years to read every post on here and get all the inside info!! thanks for the offer of helping me plan, really appreciate that and will defiantely take you up on the offer i've been to DLRP 3 times recently (last trip March 2009) and just love it there xx
Yay for 2 more years!! Time flies and before you know it, it will be here....my baby is almost 2 and I don't know where those years went!! It will be a great trip with everyone and fun to plan...keep us posted! Never been to DLRP...fun!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by julezdisney View Post
Yup, I'm doing a PTR/TR- the link's in my siggie. And you got married on my birthday!! 9/24!
Will try and sneak a peak later on, thanks! Off to gymnastics now with the little boys.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lcaemom View Post
Hope your DH had a great Bday!!! It seems like you all have alot of bdays...they must all be between December and April...they must all be over with til next year?!?
That is so amazing about the 5K...I'm so proud of you!!! You'll have to tell me your secret for sticking with it! I've started doing that so many times and just can't seem to stick to it.
Your trip WILL be here before you know...summer is right around the corner!...that always goes by sooooo fast...and then it will be September!!! Better start packing! Actually, I better start packing...we're leaving in 13 hours...and I haven't started yet!
You're right Leighan, we do have a lot of birthdays! But unfortunately, we're not done! Cole will be 2 on 6/27, so one more to go!! LOL!! Ethan is in November, then Lucas in December, mine in January and then Todd.....and it starts all over.....heehee!! Thanks for your being proud of me for my training....it's tough but I'm SO glad I'm sticking with it, this is the longest I've stuck to anything and I'm pretty proud of myself. There are always a million excuses as to why I can't find time, but it's time I found time for myself, too. Which is a very hard thing to do as a Mom....as you well know!!! I hope I stick to it..it's been a great outlet for me, as well.

13 more hours!!! You better go pack girlie! Are you going to sneak in a quick TR within your TR so we can hear all about it? Pleeaaasseee? Have a wonderful time and safe travels!!!

Hope to update more later...off to Gymnastics for Lucas but Todd is home late toinght, so maybe after the kids go to bed. Hope you're all well!!!
princess&her4princes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 12:39 PM   #82
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Purchases to date....

double post....

Last edited by princess&her4princes; 04-17-2009 at 12:52 PM.
Old 04-17-2009, 12:47 PM   #83
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

Cute purchases! I bet they will love them! Did you get anything for yourself?? Oh and thanks... now I'm off to Disneyshopping.com.

Old 04-17-2009, 12:51 PM   #84
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Purchases to date....

Now I know my trip is over 4 months away, but I've been busy picking some things up for it....better to be prepared, right?

I made some purchases last night through Disneyshopping.com, they had some great sales plus I got a 25% off code, even off sale stuff, so figured I'd see if I could get some things. They had adults tshirts 3 for $20! I thought I would surprise Mom & Jodi with a little gift when we got there, not sure they will wear them to the parks or not, but even for bed, they are fun and the price was right!!

This is what I got for Mom...

Here is Jodi's....she's not a traditional kind of girl, so thought this was fitting for her....

and for myself....thought this was cute!

I also found some cute Mickey sweatshirts on clearance and decided to pick them up for the boys, these will be given to them when I get home from my trip. Saves me (a lot!) of money while on vacation, they are Disney and thought it was a nice inexpensive way to let them know Mommy was thinking of them while she was gone. I'll probably get them all something else small while there. They were only $6.99 on clearance!!

I also have picked myself up my 1st Vera Bradley bag for my trip....I bought the mini hipster in the Kennsington pattern, I thought it would match with most outfits (brown and black toned). Even though it's the mini version, it's fits SO much....I tried it out on a quick trip to Boston with my Mom about a month ago. It fits all the essentials...camera, cell phone, money, credit cards, sunglasses, chapstick, small bottle of sunscreen, gum...what else does a Mom need? Especially a Mom without kids on vacation!! I got this Ebay for about $15, bargain, huh?!!

And last but not least....my friend, LL, mentioned on her PTR that a store here in MA had Crocs on sale for $10 a pair!! So I made a quick trip out to see what was left....I ended up with these...not my first choice, but they have grown on me and thought they would look cute with capris, especially!! And although I haven't worn them out and about, in the house they were super comfy!! I have a pair of brown mary janes I bought for my 1st family trip and loved them, I wore them on my last two trips and loved them for Disney, they are pretty warn out at this point, so I may need to see whatelse I can find before September. Aren't they cute?

That's it so far, but off to a great start, huh? That's all for now....I hope everyone has a great weekend!!!
Old 04-17-2009, 12:53 PM   #85
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
Cute purchases! I bet they will love them! Did you get anything for yourself?? Oh and thanks... now I'm off to Disneyshopping.com.
You're fast! I knew I had accidentally posted something and you caught me I wasn't done yet....oops!! Sorry!! CHeck out my new post...did you find anything cute there for yourself? You can't beat the prices...happy shopping!!
Old 04-17-2009, 02:42 PM   #86
pmama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I have a pair of brown mary janes I bought for my 1st family trip and loved them, I wore them on my last two trips and loved them for Disney, they are pretty warn out at this point, so I may need to see whatelse I can find before September. Aren't they cute?

That's it so far, but off to a great start, huh? That's all for now....I hope everyone has a great weekend!!!
SOOO cute! I may have to get some of those
pmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 03:05 PM   #87
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

I love the Crocs you got! Those will look very cute with capris. I have been eyeing that style for awhile now.

I had some kids I had to buy souvenirs for when I went in 2005. I ended up getting some stuffed animals on clearance at the Disney Store along with some towels and they never knew any different! Plus I didn't have to lug home souvenirs.

The tees are super cute! I love them, especially the Tink one for you.
Lady Lallie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 09:20 AM   #88
ILuvCrush
DIS Veteran

HI Kristen!!

I'm not sure how I missed you starting this...but I'm here now!
I'm going to subscribe and get caught up tonite...I wanna go outside and play in the sunshine this morning

Paula
ILuvCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 10:50 AM   #89
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

Quote:
You're fast! I knew I had accidentally posted something and you caught me I wasn't done yet....oops!! Sorry!! CHeck out my new post...did you find anything cute there for yourself? You can't beat the prices...happy shopping!!
Ooops. Too obsessed for my own good. Love the t-shirt you got for yourself. Score on the sweatshirts for the kids. I love your crocs- they're adorable! I didn't end up shopping yesterday but I think I may now...

Old 04-18-2009, 01:54 PM   #90
cdotla
Trish

Congrats on signing up for your 1st 5k. Before you know it, you will be coming up with excuses to do Disney races - LOL!

The only races I have ever done were Disney races, and to be honest, the main (ok, only!) reason I signed up was because it was yet another Disney experience! Nothing like having yet another excuse to take a trip to WDW!!!
cdotla is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: