Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2009, 12:50 PM   #1486
disneynuts777
I have never had this done
I have the toppers in my bedroom

Okay...so I took the plunge and changed our ressie from SSR to CSR. There were going to be 7 of us and now there are 9. So our 2 bedroom at SSR no longer worked and the THV did not appeal to our group.
Since there our 9 of us we are a GG. I booked all the ressies. We needed three rooms!! They all have different ressie #'s but are liked together with our GG number.

I am so nervous about this!!! The two other families that are coming along are 2 of my sisters and there families. There families have never been before.
I am an addict and am now feeling the pressure of everything needing to be perfect for them.

I have requested Ranchos 6A/B hoping that it will be quiet but still close enough for a couple of teens to easily get to the pool/arcade. Being near the food is not important.

I have requested that 2 of the three rooms connect. This way the Teens could watch the younger niece and put her to bed and still have a space of there own while the grown ups go out for a nice meal a couple of nights.
What are the chances of the third room being next door? It would be really nice if all the rooms were beside each other. View and floor level are not a factor.

Does anyone know if a double aerobed would fit by the window. I know I read that a single would fit. I am thinking that if I shoved the desk over to touch the bureau there might be enough room. Two teen DD's will not share a bed. The double fit in a 1 bdrm at SSR which is where we normally stay.

Is there anything that I am missing that I should be thinking of????

I am really looking forward to trying a new resort....I am just afraid of the unknown..espessially when others are relying on me:eek

Sorry to ramble....I am feeling very over whelmed today( I am trying to layout our ADR list as well!!!!)

[img]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/3va2gj8lcy4138me.png[/img]
Old 04-11-2009, 01:07 PM   #1487
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneynuts777 View Post
Okay...so I took the plunge and changed our ressie from SSR to CSR. There were going to be 7 of us and now there are 9. So our 2 bedroom at SSR no longer worked and the THV did not appeal to our group.
Since there our 9 of us we are a GG. I booked all the ressies. We needed three rooms!! They all have different ressie #'s but are liked together with our GG number.

I am so nervous about this!!! The two other families that are coming along are 2 of my sisters and there families. There families have never been before.
I am an addict and am now feeling the pressure of everything needing to be perfect for them.

I have requested Ranchos 6A/B hoping that it will be quiet but still close enough for a couple of teens to easily get to the pool/arcade. Being near the food is not important.

I have requested that 2 of the three rooms connect. This way the Teens could watch the younger niece and put her to bed and still have a space of there own while the grown ups go out for a nice meal a couple of nights.
What are the chances of the third room being next door? It would be really nice if all the rooms were beside each other. View and floor level are not a factor.

Does anyone know if a double aerobed would fit by the window. I know I read that a single would fit. I am thinking that if I shoved the desk over to touch the bureau there might be enough room. Two teen DD's will not share a bed. The double fit in a 1 bdrm at SSR which is where we normally stay.

Is there anything that I am missing that I should be thinking of????

I am really looking forward to trying a new resort....I am just afraid of the unknown..espessially when others are relying on me:eek

Sorry to ramble....I am feeling very over whelmed today( I am trying to layout our ADR list as well!!!!)

Take a deep breath! Relax. You'll do great. Read reply #1059 on this thread:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....b#post30970613

RIP Genie
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-11-2009, 01:42 PM   #1488
disneynuts777

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Take a deep breath! Relax. You'll do great. Read reply #1059 on this thread:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....b#post30970613
Thanks...Katmark. You have actually already helped me out just from reading this entire thread!!!!

I do not know how post #1059 helps me as I already stated that I knew a single would fit from JameLynn reply on a crib.
My question was if I shoved the desk over do you think a double would fit? I really do not want to buy another air mattress when I have already have a really good double.

Old 04-11-2009, 01:50 PM   #1489
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks...Katmark. You have actually already helped me out just from reading this entire thread!!!!

I do not know how post #1059 helps me as I already stated that I knew a single would fit from JameLynn reply on a crib.
My question was if I shoved the desk over do you think a double would fit? I really do not want to buy another air mattress when I have already have a really good double.

Sorry...didn't realize that said twin. I've not seen the new rooms yet (they started the rehab after we were there), but I would imagine a double would fit if you move the ottomans and move the desk over. You might, in fact, just have to move the ottomans and the chair and put the mattress on an angle. Here's a slightly different view of the room. I think it will work.

RIP Genie
Old 04-11-2009, 03:42 PM   #1490
disneynuts777

Thanks....I do think that it will work. We might just need to work it a bit. During the day we will just fold up the linens and deflate the mattress. I love that the aerobed inflates and deflates in less than a minute!!!
Also..I will bring linens for the aerobed but could I request a couple of pillows from Mousekeeping?
Just out of curiousity would a 15-20 minute stroll from the ranchos get me to el centro?
Do you know if you can use the gym after hours? BIL is SWAT and will need to workout even during his vacation
I appreciate your input

Old 04-11-2009, 03:46 PM   #1491
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks....I do think that it will work. We might just need to work it a bit. During the day we will just fold up the linens and deflate the mattress. I love that the aerobed inflates and deflates in less than a minute!!!
Also..I will bring linens for the aerobed but could I request a couple of pillows from Mousekeeping?
Just out of curiousity would a 15-20 minute stroll from the ranchos get me to el centro?
Do you know if you can use the gym after hours? BIL is SWAT and will need to workout even during his vacation
I appreciate your input

There are usually extra pillows on the bed as well (I think there were six pillows on our king bed last year and four on each of the fulls the year before)as the rack in the bathroom. But I'm sure you could ask Mousekeeping for extras if you need them.
I think 15 minutes is about right. It really isn't that bad of a walk. The resort is so beautiful that I tend to forget how much time it takes me. But since it takes me five minutes from Casitas 5 and the Ranchos are next to Casitas 5 but back a little, I think 15 would be a good estimate.
I don't know about the gym after hours as we don't use it (I use the massage, but not the gym).

RIP Genie
Old 04-11-2009, 04:05 PM   #1492
caribear
I love WDW!

Quote:
The slide opens when the lifeguards come on duty and close when they go off duty. The marina is open certain weekends and holidays.
Thanks for the reply! I am hoping the slide will be open in the evening after we get back from the parks!
Disney Magic 2/6/10 - Western Caribbean 8 night adventure!, Disney Wonder - Bahamas 5/06, Caribbean Princess- Eastern Caribbean 12/05, Adventure of the Seas - Southern Caribbean 12/01, Sovereign of the Seas - Pre-Honeymoon cruise 03/01, Carnival Sensation- Western Caribbean 9/98
Old 04-11-2009, 04:12 PM   #1493
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by caribear View Post
Thanks for the reply! I am hoping the slide will be open in the evening after we get back from the parks!
Lifeguards are on duty from 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.

RIP Genie
Old 04-11-2009, 05:29 PM   #1494
JamesLynn
Mouseketeer

The Fitness Center is 24-hours.
After 9pm and until about 6am, you have to use your room key to gain access as it will not be staffed. Between those times, you use it at your own risk.
Old 04-11-2009, 06:51 PM   #1495
disneynuts777

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesLynn View Post
The Fitness Center is 24-hours.
After 9pm and until about 6am, you have to use your room key to gain access as it will not be staffed. Between those times, you use it at your own risk.
Thank you
One more question I can check off and transfer to my answered list!!

If BIL goes at an off hour I will have DH go and spot him!!

Old 04-11-2009, 07:08 PM   #1496
mmtravel
Mouseketeer

Thanks everybody!

This is my first post but I've been visiting for a few months now preparing for my trip. We just got back this morning from a 4/3 trip and stayed at CSR.

Thanks to all of you, DH, DS (6) and I enjoyed our room on the ground floor of Cabanas 9A, close to the quiet pool and laundry, and just a quick walk from El Centro and the Dig Site. We were originally assigned a non-renovated room in Ranchos 7A but asked nicely and were moved to Cabanas at check-in. When we first booked, I picked deluxe for the queen beds since DH is 6'4" (started with CR, then changed to WL) but after reading this thread decided to save $1000 and move to CSR. We'd stayed there years ago, before kids, during a freezing Feb., and hadn't loved it - but this time it was terrific. Room was comfortable, Dig Site was fun, food at the Pepper Market was good (though the scavenger hunt style of ordering wasn't my favorite). The savings paid for our dining plan and nearly all the bells and whistles on our park tickets.

Also thanks to all the great tips on the boards, we were there during the busiest week of the year and never waited more than 10 minutes for any ride except two (my husband waited 30 minutes for Rock & Roller Coaster in the singles line and 20 minutes for Expedition Everest at opening). In fact, we did almost an entire MK plan from touringplans.com by 10:30AM yesterday. We were leaving the parks for a break most days when the crowds were streaming in. We enjoyed the afternoon at Blizzard Beach yesterday and an afternoon at Disney Quest on Tuesday, visited family at the beach on Thursday but spent every other day park hopping. Rented a car for part of the week but also used Magical Express and the transportation system which were great.

An unforgettable vacation - thanks so much to everyone for your great information!
Old 04-11-2009, 07:17 PM   #1497
motofox4
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Sorry so slow in answering guys...I've got a sick dog and have been busy with her.

[/B]
Kat,
Just wanted to say I hope your dog's okay.. i hate when dogs are sick
Old 04-11-2009, 07:27 PM   #1498
motofox4
DIS Veteran

about "glen" the alligator... can anyone tell me where "he's" usually hanging out, if it's in one specific area that he's seen most?? I'd love to see him when we're there, although that's not 'til the end of november, but i'd still like to see him. i just have this weird fascination with alligators.
Old 04-11-2009, 07:56 PM   #1499
ciera321
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by motofox4 View Post
about "glen" the alligator... can anyone tell me where "he's" usually hanging out, if it's in one specific area that he's seen most?? I'd love to see him when we're there, although that's not 'til the end of november, but i'd still like to see him. i just have this weird fascination with alligators.
A previous poster said that they saw him between the Dig Site and the Cabanas.

Old 04-11-2009, 08:00 PM   #1500
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by motofox4 View Post
When we saw him in September, he was always in the Lake swimming around...usually close to the edge on the Casitas side. If you walk over the bridge from the Casitas to the Ranchos (on your way to the Dig Site) and look over the bridge to the left, we saw several turtles "sunbathing" on the rocks.

RIP Genie
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: