Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 10:20 AM   #61
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by finallygoingtoWDW View Post
What kind of bath products (shampoo, shower gel etc) do they have? Are they a certain brand name?
They have those H20 bath products.
Old 04-08-2009, 10:39 AM   #62
oasispaul
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy4wdw View Post
Denise at Mousesteps has some new pics up of the Bay Lake Tower, construction at the pool area, and of the not yet opened Fantasia Market.

http://www.mousesteps.com/index.php?...=277&Itemid=65
Wow - apparently they ARE doing some major work to the "pool area". Looks like the rumor of entirely new landscaping may come to fruition after all. Whatever they're doing, it's definitely more than just a pool cleaning and paint job. Remember that rumor about how the new landscaping would include palm trees? Did you notice the pic of the new palm tree in front of Bay Lake Tower? Something tells me we might see a few palms sprout up next to the pool before too long.

CRFan - that cast member you spoke to might not have exaggerated after all - when it's all said and done, the Contemporary pool might rival the Poly pool after all!

So, my question for anyone who keeps tabs on these type of Disney Refurbs (or anyone in the landscaping business who knows how long these projects tend to take) - how long do you think it will take before the new pool area landscaping is completed? We leave in 3 weeks and booked a Bay Lake view hoping to have a pretty view of the Lake AND pool. Any chance we'll be gazing down at lush foliage - or are we more than likely going to be looking at construction fences and dirt? Either way, at least the pool is open and operating (knocks on wood)...
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-08-2009, 10:39 AM   #63
finallygoingtoWDW
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Resort Fan 4 Life View Post
They have those H20 bath products.
Thanks! Is there shower gel or bar soap only? Is there lotion, mouthwash, a shower cap?
Old 04-08-2009, 10:50 AM   #64
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by oasispaul View Post
CRFan - that cast member you spoke to might not have exaggerated after all - when it's all said and done, the Contemporary pool might rival the Poly pool after all!
That's why I belived him because he told me all this at an event in the Contemporary called Mickey's Pin Trading Night (were both pin collectors/traders) and I have seen him there before, so we have become good friends and he would be my source when I need to find out any information possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by finallygoingtoWDW
Thanks! Is there shower gel or bar soap only? Is there lotion, mouthwash, a shower cap?
There was shampo, shower gel and a bar of soap. I don't remember seeing mouthwash or a shower cap, however I might be wrong about that.
Old 04-08-2009, 11:28 AM   #65
brergnat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by finallygoingtoWDW View Post
Shower gel and bar soap are both provided. Lotion as well. No mouthwash or shower cap.
Old 04-08-2009, 04:34 PM   #66
birmantaz
Mouseketeer

Sorry if I missed it but does anyone know when the splash pool area will be completed? The other pool area is open now though? Thanks!
Old 04-08-2009, 06:24 PM   #67
DavidandDenise
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by brergnat View Post
Just wanted to post that I returned a few days ago from my first stay in a TOWER MK VIEW ROOM!

IT WAS AWESOME! We were in room 4637, 10th floor, practically dead center, first room you see when you get off the elevators. I thought this would be problematic (noise issues), but once you go in the room and close the door, you hear NOTHING. It was glorious. The soundproofing is awesome there.

!
Amazing. We just got back on the 4th and had room 4633 all last week. You may have even seen our little guy running up and down the hallway. He loved the resort almost as much as his parents did. As for us, we actually had a garden wing garden view room booked and were surprised with the upgrade of a lifetime. We were upgraded to the tower Magic Kingdom view. I'm sure having a child there for the first time got us some extra pixie dust. The resort is beautiful and can't be beat for anyone with kids who will be spending a lot of time at the MK. We walked every time and loved being able to hop on monorails with the stroller to get to EPCOT. Contempo Cafe was excellent. It was our first deluxe, and we are officially ruined for any other resort. Once you have a room that looks out onto the castle, nothing else will do.
Old 04-08-2009, 08:33 PM   #68
staceymarie
Mouseketeer

We just spent the best week-april 1-8- at the CR!!!

It was FABULOUS!! We were upgraded from a garden wing-garden view room to a tower MK VIEW!
We stayed in room 4226. It was on the 6th floor-right in front of Chef Mickey's and I have to say that all of the hype about Chef Mickey's being noisy escapes me. We never really even heard it.
For the monorail service and the quick access to the MK-you cannot beat the CR! My DD wanted a Minnie Mouse souvenier to take home and just informed me of this last night. No problem!! We just hopped onto the monorial at 9:30pm and took a little trip over to the Grand Floridian! We found Minnie and also a Mickey and even a miniature Minnie for my DD's American Girl Doll "Ruthie Smithens".

The fireworks were fabulous and the Contempo Cafe was so perfectly convenient.

My DD cried this morning when we were leaving--to be honest-My DH and I both jerked a tear too!
What a great time!!

We are bumming big time tonight. I keep thinking that I hear the monrail!
But, it's just the furnace-lol!

Will post pics when I get them all ready!!

Editing to add:I didn't know anything about others having issues with bed bugs and there were none in our room. We had a spectacularly clean room and I didn't see or get bitten by one bug of any kind the whole time!!

Last edited by staceymarie; 04-08-2009 at 08:46 PM.
Old 04-08-2009, 08:43 PM   #69
TJM1976
DIS Veteran

Old 04-08-2009, 08:58 PM   #70
pixie921
DIS Veteran

TJM1976 -- GREAT photo!!
Old 04-08-2009, 10:02 PM   #71
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by staceymarie View Post

It was FABULOUS!! We were upgraded from a garden wing-garden view room to a tower MK VIEW!
We stayed in room 4226. It was on the 6th floor-right in front of Chef Mickey's and I have to say that all of the hype about Chef Mickey's being noisy escapes me. We never really even heard it.
For the monorail service and the quick access to the MK-you cannot beat the CR! My DD wanted a Minnie Mouse souvenier to take home and just informed me of this last night. No problem!! We just hopped onto the monorial at 9:30pm and took a little trip over to the Grand Floridian! We found Minnie and also a Mickey and even a miniature Minnie for my DD's American Girl Doll "Ruthie Smithens".

My DD cried this morning when we were leaving--to be honest-My DH and I both jerked a tear too!
What a great time!!

Editing to add:I didn't know anything about others having issues with bed bugs and there were none in our room. We had a spectacularly clean room and I didn't see or get bitten by one bug of any kind the whole time!!
Thanks for posting that great review and I can't wait to see your pictures.
Old 04-08-2009, 10:04 PM   #72
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

TJM1976,
That's a very nice picture so thanks for posting it.
Old 04-09-2009, 07:05 AM   #73
TJM1976
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Resort Fan 4 Life View Post
TJM1976,
That's a very nice picture so thanks for posting it.
You are welcome! I took it 2 weeks ago on the boat from the Poly to MK.
Old 04-09-2009, 12:34 PM   #74
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJM1976 View Post
You are welcome! I took it 2 weeks ago on the boat from the Poly to MK.
I was thinking that you might have taken the picture on that boat.
Old 04-09-2009, 02:28 PM   #75
ShelsGoingToDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by staceymarie View Post

What a great time!!

I am very happy you had a such a great experience. You are so lucky to get upgraded. I was hoping for an upgrade because we had 2 birthday and a 1st time visit on our reservation (4th B-day & 1st visit & 60th B-day). I figured if I was ever lucky enough to get upgraded this might be my chance. No such luck though.

One thing I am noticing about others that went to the CR at around the same time as me is the people that have had exceptional housekeeping are staying in the tower whereas I got crappy housekeeping in the wing room as well as bed bugs! I am wondering if with all of Disney's lay offs if they are focusing their resources on the more expensive rooms and leaving us poor saps out? If that's the case I'd be scared to see what happens in the moderates or value resorts!

Don't get me wrong I am happy for everyone who had great service and upgrades etc. I am just a little disenheartened with my experience. In all my Disney stays this is the first time my stay wasn't perfect.

I haven't heard any response yet from Disney. Of course I sent the letter/pictures through snail mail so I'm sure it will take some time. I did send a copy of the letter and pictures in a fax to the Contemporary last Friday but no response from them either. I just hope they are taking care of that room!

On another note the bed bug is still very much alive in my ziploc (14 days now) and has laid several eggs. It has become my science experiment now to see how long this sucker will last! LOL!

Offsite ~ July 1983, June 1992, March 2001; Poly/ASMovies~Jan 2006;Poly~April 2006;Pop/Poly~Jan 2008;CR~March 2009;BC~Oct 2009;POP~July 2010;Harry Potter trip~Jan 2011;Endeavour Launch Trip~April 2011;Atlantis Launch Trip~July 2011;POR~May 2012; Disney Fantasy Cruise ~ May 2012;Joey's 13th Birthday Christmas Decor Trip ~ Nov/Dec.2012;Disneyland~May 2013 ~ Silly Sam's AoA Adventure Nov. 2013 ~ WONDERful Alaska May 2014
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: