Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 08:04 PM   #136
mmmears
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCV23 View Post
mmmears, good health to you and your DH!
BCV23, Thank you for your kind thoughts.

* Disneyland * Walt Disney World * Disneyland Paris ** Disney Wonder Bahamas * Disney Wonder Alaska *
*Grand Floridian Resort* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Polynesian Resort * Yacht Club * Beach Club * Disneyland Hotel * Grand Californian Resort *
Old 04-06-2009, 08:08 PM   #137
lissiesmum
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It will be tight but I think you'll make it or close to it. There will not be many people at the bag check or turnstiles unless it's early EMH. And even if you're a few minutes late, you'll be fine. I think the restaurants understand the vagaries of WDW transportation.

Thanks BCV23. I guess I'd better practicing my speedwalking before I leave for WDW It is a little crazy that the breakfast starts at eight but they don't have the transport to get you there...I know when I stayed at the WL, they had character buses running early...maybe I could take the monorail over to the CR, take the boat to the WL, then take the character bus over from there? Maybe I'll pop over to the WL FAQ thread and see how early their buses start running, just as another option??? Although we'd probably have to wake up pretty early to do that. Nah, I guess I'll just be there at the TTC early enough to be sure to catch the first monorail out, and be ready to book it!
April 2011 - Easter at the Dolphin, Epcot fireworks view
February 2010 - Polynesian Resort, Tuvalu TPV
April 2009 - Polynesian Resort, Hawaii GV
September 2008, MNSSHP - Wilderness Lodge, Courtyard view

(me 41) (DH 41) (DD 8) (DS 10)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-06-2009, 08:24 PM   #138
lissiesmum
DIS Veteran

Just wondering....do any of you who have never stayed at the Poly ever wake up and think, "Am I really staying at the Poly?" It's like I have to pinch myself every day so that I know that my dream is finally coming true. The worst thing is, I'm a single mom traveling with my DD and I don't have an adult to share my excitement with! Thanks to all of my Poly friends who understand and share my wonderment of this whole planning process.
April 2011 - Easter at the Dolphin, Epcot fireworks view
February 2010 - Polynesian Resort, Tuvalu TPV
April 2009 - Polynesian Resort, Hawaii GV
September 2008, MNSSHP - Wilderness Lodge, Courtyard view

(me 41) (DH 41) (DD 8) (DS 10)
Old 04-06-2009, 08:58 PM   #139
TJM1976
DIS Veteran

ok, don't yell at me too loud... but why is it worth paying the extra money for concierge? I know you get the "personalized check in" and the snacks and the lounge area but wasn't sure if I was missing something or not. Also, from the pics I've seen of the concierge longhouses, the 2nd floor rooms do not have balconies, just the 3rd floors. Am I correct? just wanted to hear some opinions
Old 04-06-2009, 09:05 PM   #140
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJM1976 View Post
Also, from the pics I've seen of the concierge longhouses, the 2nd floor rooms do not have balconies, just the 3rd floors. Am I correct?
Yes you are correct about that.
Old 04-06-2009, 09:18 PM   #141
2manypets
DIS Veteran

Quote:
ok, don't yell at me too loud... but why is it worth paying the extra money for concierge? I know you get the "personalized check in" and the snacks and the lounge area but wasn't sure if I was missing something or not. Also, from the pics I've seen of the concierge longhouses, the 2nd floor rooms do not have balconies, just the 3rd floors. Am I correct? just wanted to hear some opinions
I've chosen to do Club Level this trip basically because I want to feel special and be pampered for a change. We'll only use the lounge for drinks and a small breakfast, but I also have some hard to get ressies that they're more likely to get than me. Also for the turn down service, view from the lounge. If it wasn't for the pin code though, we wouldn't be able to afford it.
Old 04-06-2009, 09:35 PM   #142
mmmears
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi. It's definitely a personal choice as to whether or not something is worth the cost. And it's really easy to say "yes -- I always want to stay CL" if you're not the one paying for it! So, I'll give you my opinion on this one. We've stayed at Club Level and regular rooms several times each at WDW.

In addition to the "snacks" which to some of us are more like meals (just depends on how much food makes a meal for you), you get the pre-planning help of the IPO. At the Poly specifically, you also get the beautiful lounge with a view of the MK fireworks and you know exactly which building you'll be staying in. Like all lounges, there are drinks available all day, CMs to help you with your questions or to make any last minute reservations you might need. It's just more detailed, personalized service, really. The IPO at AKL has bought a few items for me and they will be ready and waiting (hopefully) in our room when we check in. They are a surprise for my DD.

As to the cost... honestly, it's hard to justify it for me. At AKL, I'm only paying 40 or 50 dollars more per night, and I have no problem saying that it's worth it. When the difference becomes hundreds of dollars a night, I usually pass on CL, at Disney as well as at other destinations. Would I pay full price for this? No. But it's a nice perk, I want to be spoiled on this trip, and CL rooms were included in the 4/3 deal.

If someone offered to pay for it for me, I'd always stay club level. But since I don't have unlimited funds, I choose carefully when to stay there. We've spent about half our time at WDW in club-level and half in regular rooms and we've always had a great time. It's a nice "extra" but definitely not a necessity.

Hope this helps... Haven't stayed yet at the Poly, so I can't give you a definitive answer.

* Disneyland * Walt Disney World * Disneyland Paris ** Disney Wonder Bahamas * Disney Wonder Alaska *
*Grand Floridian Resort* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Polynesian Resort * Yacht Club * Beach Club * Disneyland Hotel * Grand Californian Resort *
Old 04-06-2009, 09:53 PM   #143
OandA
But Enough of This Palaver, Lets Get This Show On The Road

Quote:
It's not worth it. Unless of course you stay in the hotel and never go out and enjoy the reason you are at the Poly which of course is Disney. I don't hang out at the hotel and before bed I'd rather watch the fireworks from the beach on the Poly than in a lounge.
May 2012 Pop Century 5/10-5/21 | September 2012 Pop Century 9/13-9/23 |2011 Polynesian (10 days) | 2010 Pop Century (13 days) | 2009 Pop Century (7 days) · Polynesian (10 days) | 2008 Polynesian (7 days) | 2001 off-site | 2000 off-site | 1999 off-site | 1998 off-site | 1997 off-site | 1996 off-site | 1995 off-site | 1994 off-site · Fort Wilderness | 1993 Fort Wilderness | 1992 Fort Wilderness | 1991 Fort Wilderness | 1990 Fort Wilderness | 1989 Fort Wilderness | 1988 Fort Wilderness | 1987 Fort Wilderness | 1986 Fort Wilderness
Old 04-06-2009, 10:11 PM   #144
DonaldDoleWhip
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OandA View Post
It's not worth it. Unless of course you stay in the hotel and never go out and enjoy the reason you are at the Poly which of course is Disney. I don't hang out at the hotel and before bed I'd rather watch the fireworks from the beach on the Poly than in a lounge.
What's stopping someone staying CL from watching Wishes on the beach? In fact, this is a great option for guests staying CL because the beach is right next to Hawaii (the CL building).

Another benefit to staying CL is the longhouse location. It's my favorite - very close to GCH, beach, volcano pool, quiet pool, and MK boat dock.
Old 04-06-2009, 10:34 PM   #145
mmouse37
Mickey for Me!
Likes surprises

Quote:
That's an excellent idea.

WDW sells green bags too. I have a couple and love using them at home.

Selling them at CC would be a convenient too.
I have several of the red Mickey ones they sell at the Disney Store and use them for all my shopping...they make great tote bags as well on trips.

MJ
Disney Dream - 5 times - Official Maiden Voyage January 26, 2011
Disney Fantasy - 2 times

Old 04-06-2009, 10:46 PM   #146
mmouse37
Mickey for Me!
Likes surprises

Quote:
It will be tight but I think you'll make it or close to it. There will not be many people at the bag check or turnstiles unless it's early EMH. And even if you're a few minutes late, you'll be fine. I think the restaurants understand the vagaries of WDW transportation.

Would it be quicker to take a taxi to Beach Club and then walk in the back entrance to World Showcase?

MJ
Disney Dream - 5 times - Official Maiden Voyage January 26, 2011
Disney Fantasy - 2 times

Old 04-06-2009, 11:06 PM   #147
OandA
But Enough of This Palaver, Lets Get This Show On The Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldDoleWhip View Post
What's stopping someone staying CL from watching Wishes on the beach? In fact, this is a great option for guests staying CL because the beach is right next to Hawaii (the CL building).

Another benefit to staying CL is the longhouse location. It's my favorite - very close to GCH, beach, volcano pool, quiet pool, and MK boat dock.
Oh, nothing is stopping them. But you are paying a lot more to use the lounge. I'm saying that I did CL last time for 1/2 of our stay and found it useless. I didn't use any part of it. A lot of people near us did it for the lounge fireworks view and I liked it on the beach better.
May 2012 Pop Century 5/10-5/21 | September 2012 Pop Century 9/13-9/23 |2011 Polynesian (10 days) | 2010 Pop Century (13 days) | 2009 Pop Century (7 days) · Polynesian (10 days) | 2008 Polynesian (7 days) | 2001 off-site | 2000 off-site | 1999 off-site | 1998 off-site | 1997 off-site | 1996 off-site | 1995 off-site | 1994 off-site · Fort Wilderness | 1993 Fort Wilderness | 1992 Fort Wilderness | 1991 Fort Wilderness | 1990 Fort Wilderness | 1989 Fort Wilderness | 1988 Fort Wilderness | 1987 Fort Wilderness | 1986 Fort Wilderness
Old 04-07-2009, 06:40 AM   #148
WeRblam
Dis Veteran

How much for Valet parking and other parking questions

Does anyone know how much it is to Valet Park per day at the Poly?

Also, where is the parking lot? Is it large? Do you have to show your key along with the parking badge for your car like at the GF?

Thanks! Lisa
Old 04-07-2009, 07:31 AM   #149
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

WeRblam - Valet parking is $10 per day at all the deluxe resorts - but once you've paid for the day at your resort, you can valet for free at any other deluxe resort. Yes, you have to show your ID when entering - at least we did a couple weeks ago. Same process as at the GF, AKL, Contemporary, WL, BWI. (we drove to all those resorts our last two trips!)

The parking lot is across the driveway from the Poly, much closer than the GF. I'm not sure which area is self-park, hopefully someone else can answer that better.

mmmears - your philosophy about club level is exactly the same as ours!
*1996 Dixie Landings * 1998 Boardwalk Inn * 1999 Polynesian * 2000 Polynesian * '01 HRH * '02 GF * '03 AKL & BC * '04 Poly/AKL & Poly/BWI & POR * '05 AKL/Dolphin & POFQ * '06 Poly/GF & Christmas at the GF * '07 GF & HRH/BWI/WL/YC/GF & GF * '09 Poly/AKL & WL & GF * '10 AKL/GF & RPR/BC/GF *'11 GF & BC * '12 HRH/PBH & YC/GF * '13 GF/PBH
Thnx WDWKOOK! Forever in our hearts, JungleCruiser
Old 04-07-2009, 08:03 AM   #150
BCV23

Loves the magic of the trains
Would enjoy a magical meal at the castle
Loves the name Hatuey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lissiesmum View Post
Just wondering....do any of you who have never stayed at the Poly ever wake up and think, "Am I really staying at the Poly?" It's like I have to pinch myself every day so that I know that my dream is finally coming true. The worst thing is, I'm a single mom traveling with my DD and I don't have an adult to share my excitement with! Thanks to all of my Poly friends who understand and share my wonderment of this whole planning process.
Share away with us. Even those of us who won't be back for months love sharing the excitement I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmouse37 View Post
I have several of the red Mickey ones they sell at the Disney Store and use them for all my shopping...they make great tote bags as well on trips.

MJ
I haven't seen the red ones. I bet they're festive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmouse37 View Post
Would it be quicker to take a taxi to Beach Club and then walk in the back entrance to World Showcase?

MJ
No, it wouldn't. The cabs can't go as fast as the monorail (at least legally) and have to stop at a couple stoplights. And the walk to Norway from the BC front entrance is probably farther than from the front entrance to Epcot. The BC is closer to England and France but that's about it. We stay at BCV a lot. Norway is just as quick from the front of the park...probably quicker.

And the monorail is more fun..... and free.

Quote:
Originally Posted by k&a&c'smom View Post
WeRblam I'm not sure which area is self-park, hopefully someone else can answer that better.

mmmears - your philosophy about club level is exactly the same as ours!
Most of the area directly in front of the GCH is valet. The self park is closer to the guard shack and the bus stop. There's another lot to the right of the guard shack that's convenient for those in Rapa Nui and Tahiiti.

I too agree with mmmears about concierge.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: