Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 11:07 AM   #91
LJD2143
DIS Veteran & DVC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaffinito
I usually "hop" over to DTD when I want to go there, and I try to get there at least once during my stays.

I'll usually take the bus from whatever park I'm at to POR or POFQ, and then hop on the boat to get there. I found it painful to take a bus to DTD from everywhere except from AKL.
kaffinito,
Sorry this may be a little OT, but can you tell me more about the boatride from POFQ to DTD? It sounds like something we may want to do! I've never been to the PO resorts, so I'm curious as to how often the boats run and how long it should take?

For our upcoming trip I wanted to spend one morning at DHS, and then hop over to DTD for an early dinner at T-Rex. Then I realized there will be no bus to DTD from DHS, and thought we'd have to take a taxi. However, your suggestion of a bus to POFQ and then a boat to DTD sounds like it could be fun!

ETA: Sorry if I'm interrupting your packing!
2000 Wilderness Lodge 2006 Polynesian 2007 Polynesian 2008 Polynesian/Disney Wonder 2009 Grand Floridian SugarLoaf
2010 Wilderness Lodge 2011 Bay Lake Tower 2012 Boardwalk Villas 2012 Beach Club Villas 2013 Boardwalk Villas 2014 Aulani 2014 Animal Kingdom Villas
Old 04-06-2009, 11:21 AM   #92
AllSaints
Beverly=Delicious

For those of you in Michigan, I hope the winter storm passes you by. I live in SE WI and they said we were going to get 5-7 inches of snow. We got nothing, nada, zippo, zilch. I will pass along warm thoughts that you have the same luck. We are so sick of winter here too!

Hello and Disney Wishes from another Cheesehead. I live in Oak Creek and yay for no more snow!
Register to remove

Old 04-06-2009, 11:26 AM   #93
CNYGuy
When can I go back again???

Thanks for the thoughts...we've gotten about 4 inches, heavy, slushy, messy, not exactly a spring day...

Guess I could go to Disney instead.
2002 - CR (Anniversary)
2006 - CR (Conference)
2008 - GF (Concierge)
2012 - GF (Kids + Grandparents = Tired)
2013 - Poly- CL at Hawaii
Old 04-06-2009, 11:30 AM   #94
mmouse37
Mickey for Me!
Likes surprises

Quote:
Originally Posted by OandA View Post
As long as you aren't taking in a backpack and filling it up, then you should be fine. We saw a lot of people coming in and grabbing a snack or drink and heading out to the beach or back to their rooms. I wasn't a fan of the concierge's offerings so I didn't take anything with me. Not worth the high amount of money in my opinion.

We did Club Level at the Yacht Club in October and I really enjoyed it...loved a few glasses of wine each evening!!! But, after looking over the menu of the offerings at Poly CL I don't think I will pursue upgrading to CL if it becomes available (I have been checking daily). I think I will just keep my GV room and use that extra money on other things. We are only going to be there 3 days and I think we are going to do the parks more commando style than when we had more time to enjoy the resort.

MJ
Disney Dream - 5 times - Official Maiden Voyage January 26, 2011
Disney Fantasy - 1 time

)“DON'T BE SAD IT'S OVER, BE HAPPY IT HAPPENED!!
Old 04-06-2009, 12:03 PM   #95
mmouse37
Mickey for Me!
Likes surprises

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliebee View Post
Someone was asking about how close the TTC was to the Poly and walking time, I found a pic that I took last week that shows how really close they are. The pic was taken from the monorail ramp at the TTC looking towards the Poly.

and while I am here adding pics, here are two from the patio of room 1506 in Hawaii.

Back in 2004 we had to ride out a hurricane (Jeanne) at the Poly. We were supposed to board the Disney Magic the next day (Sat) but because of the storm is was not returning to Port Canaveral but to Ft. Lauderdale on Monday, instead of Saturday. We were driving past WDW when I got the call from DCL so we pulled into WDW and I commented to my hubby that if I had to ride out a hurricane I was going to do it at the Poly!!! It was wild the night of the storm...but we felt 100% safe the whole time.

When we arrived off the street with no ressie I wasn't even sure we could even get a room but they had one and they placed us in Tahiti in room 3038...the last room on the third floor closest to the ferry landing.....

We were going to spend the day just hanging around the resort because the storm was due to hit late that night and we had not purchased tickets as we were heading for the cruise but when we saw how empty the ferry was all morning going to MK we decided to purchase a one day ticket and had the best day at the MK...no lines...it was sort of eerie as the sun would disappear and the clouds would start to roll in with increasing winds all day....you could feel the storm approaching...very eerie but exciting too!! They closed the park down earlier than normal but we got a full days worth in.

I only mention all this as at first I thought we were so far away from everything being all the way at the end in Tahiti but it turned out fine. The walk to GCH was not that bad and we were so close to the TTC/ferry landing The view from our room was fantastic (when the storm passed)...looking towards the Magic Kingdom.

Here are some pics...see how empty the ferry was....

Our room was the one you see at the very end (closest to camera) of the building on the third floor.

We pretty much had the ferry to ourselves on the way over....except for some chipmunks.....LOL!!! There was no one behind us on line waiting for the ferry...how weird is that!!!

And lastly, our room number...don't know what happened to all the pics I took of what the Poly looked like after the hurricane...a mess...but within a day all debris was picked up and pool was blue again (turned green from all the debris of the storm). Amazing turn around time getting the resort back to perfect condition....

MJ
Disney Dream - 5 times - Official Maiden Voyage January 26, 2011
Disney Fantasy - 1 time

)“DON'T BE SAD IT'S OVER, BE HAPPY IT HAPPENED!!

Last edited by mmouse37; 04-06-2009 at 12:10 PM.
Old 04-06-2009, 12:04 PM   #96
Tess
DIS Vet - 1997
Still thinking happy little thoughts. . .
The Tag Fairy sees and loves Tess too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNYGuy View Post
Thanks for the thoughts...we've gotten about 4 inches, heavy, slushy, messy, not exactly a spring day...

Ditto that here. . . It is melting fast though. . . , but it's not done yet either.
Old 04-06-2009, 12:07 PM   #97
kaffinito
Grant me the Serenity to Accept the Reservations I Cannot Change
Lock yourself in there for a few minutes and sing a happy song until the angry gerbils in your head stop stomping on your brain!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJD2143 View Post
kaffinito,
Sorry this may be a little OT, but can you tell me more about the boatride from POFQ to DTD? It sounds like something we may want to do! I've never been to the PO resorts, so I'm curious as to how often the boats run and how long it should take?

For our upcoming trip I wanted to spend one morning at DHS, and then hop over to DTD for an early dinner at T-Rex. Then I realized there will be no bus to DTD from DHS, and thought we'd have to take a taxi. However, your suggestion of a bus to POFQ and then a boat to DTD sounds like it could be fun!

ETA: Sorry if I'm interrupting your packing!
That's ok - I repack a few times a day! Just waiting to leave!

The boat ride to DTD is from POFQ or from POR. The ferries leave every 20 minutes, although in peak times they run more boats. They also have a boat from OKW too. It's a nice relaxing ride to DTD, it takes about 15 to 20 minutes depending on the driver, and along the way you get to see some sights and some wildlife. Last summer we saw an otter, a huge snake, and a small alligator. There were some really rare cranes too along the way. The boat passes by the Treehouses and SSR as well.

It's my favorite method of "hopping" to DTD. I'd rather take the bus to POR and then take the boat any day! Then from DTD we take the resort bus "home" (Of course we "have to" stop in at POR's food court to get some chocolate frosted brownies before getting on the boat- they are so good!)

So if you have a free afternoon, and don't mind a little bit of "hopping" then the boat is a nice way to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNYGuy View Post

Very heavy mushy snow. I just keep telling myself "just three more sleeps"...

Old 04-06-2009, 12:30 PM   #98
mmmears
DIS Veteran

kaffinito,

Does it make any difference if we bus to POFQ or POR (in time, hassle, walking, waits, etc.). I'm thinking that we may end up trying this out if we have the time, and I've always wanted to see POFQ.

Does the boat stop at POFQ or POR first? And does it run all day long?

Sorry to pelt you with questions while you're packing!

See you at the Poly!

* Disneyland * Walt Disney World * Disneyland Paris ** Disney Wonder Bahamas * Disney Wonder Alaska *
*Grand Floridian Resort* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Polynesian Resort * Yacht Club * Beach Club * Disneyland Hotel * Grand Californian Resort *
Old 04-06-2009, 01:31 PM   #99
Luvamouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaffinito View Post
Only three more sleeps until we leave! I can't wait!

I just have to fine tune how I'm going to spring the surprise on the boys and I'm all set. Still have to pick up note cards to write down the rough schedule and the ADR's and get cash from the bank for the daily envelopes though. I'll try to do that today so I can unpack and repack again.

Thanks for all of the info from julibee and BCV23 on the monorail wait times too! I'm still getting used to the idea that I can hop with a ferry and a monorail to get where I want to go. I'm not at all used to that!
Your boys will be sooooo excited! How cool! My 14 YO wants to know why she must go to school for the morning...Then again, she is the one that is dying to be picked up from school early to go to WDW! You know how cool it is when you are a kid to be the one going!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmouse37 View Post
We did Club Level at the Yacht Club in October and I really enjoyed it...loved a few glasses of wine each evening!!! But, after looking over the menu of the offerings at Poly CL I don't think I will pursue upgrading to CL if it becomes available (I have been checking daily). I think I will just keep my GV room and use that extra money on other things. We are only going to be there 3 days and I think we are going to do the parks more commando style than when we had more time to enjoy the resort.

MJ
I debated a ton about switching to CL and I love the offerings, but the GV rooms are truly gorgeous IMHO, grab some wine to keep in the room and enjoy from the beach

kaffinito and mmmears-- you both have me trying to figure out when we can fit in DTD via POR now...that sounds so lovely...

I am so excited! 3 more nights here too! Cold, torrential rain... thunder...ick. Makes 85 sound good! Shoot, I'd be happy with 75!!
February 2011--Back to the Poly says the Birthday Girl! Daytona 500 and WDW for DD's 16th B-Day
February 2012- Couldn't resist! Daytona 500 and Contemporary MK View. Scratch that-- Back to the Poly Again!

January 2013... Somebody stop me! DD's 1st Year in College, let's keep our life "normal" and go to WDW! Poly Again? I'd love to try POR... Looks like CR MK View. Nope, now it's GF Lagoon View!

Last edited by Luvamouse; 04-06-2009 at 01:33 PM. Reason: apparently I can't spell...
Old 04-06-2009, 01:35 PM   #100
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOODY13 View Post
Thanks CR resort fan 4 life and OandA for your quick responses. Also thanks juliebee thanks for posting the updated menu.
You're welcome.
Old 04-06-2009, 02:03 PM   #101
2manypets
DIS Veteran

I imagine this has been asked over and over again, but is there a expresso machine in the Club Level lounge?
Old 04-06-2009, 02:05 PM   #102
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2manypets View Post
I imagine this has been asked over and over again, but is there a expresso machine in the Club Level lounge?
Yes there is.
Old 04-06-2009, 02:24 PM   #103
two*little*birds
LOL I am the ultimate ride wimp!

Has anyone ever done the fishing trips (on the lagoon)... with their kids? Is it expensive? DH would love to take DS (7) on our upcoming November trip.

Can you use your CS credits to eat at Captain Cooks? Also can you easily take stuff back to your room, meaning do you get a bag or tray to carry it? We're not big on CS meals in the parks, so we thought this might be a good alternative.

Lastly, which building houses the laundry facilities at the Poly?
2010 ~ WINDSOR PALMS (November 4th - 18th)
2011 ~ WYNDHAM BONNET CREEK (October 9th - 23rd)
2012 ~ INDIAN CREEK (October 7th - 21st)
2013 ~ WYNDHAM BONNET CREEK (October 12th - 26th)

Old 04-06-2009, 02:28 PM   #104
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by two*little*birds View Post
Can you use your CS credits to eat at Captain Cooks? Also can you easily take stuff back to your room, meaning do you get a bag or tray to carry it? We're not big on CS meals in the parks, so we thought this might be a good alternative.
Yes you can use your CS credits at Captin Cook's and yes you can take food back to your room. As for how you take it back I once saw someone trying to carry it on a tray, however she must have had a lot of items and dropped her food.
Old 04-06-2009, 02:48 PM   #105
2manypets
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Resort Fan 4 Life View Post
Yes there is.

Thank you!! That's wonderful news.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: