Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Choose a place for the meet & greet
Goofy Pool 3pm first day. 1 14.29%
Promenade Lounge 3pm first day. 5 71.43%
I like one of these locations but prefer to discuss a different time. 1 14.29%
I can't make any meet & greets. 0 0%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-12-2009, 07:08 PM   #16
Blueyed Girl
HAKUNA MATATA!

Thanks for the tips! I think we are leaning toward doing the Aquaventure thing in Nassau. When we start getting tired we will head back to the ship and enjoy some things there without too many people. Our main plan on Castaway Cay is to just lounge. We are doing the stingray adventure and will possibly walk around or rent bikes but I think mostly we will just be beach bums and enjoy being in such a beautiful place together.

I told DH yesterday that I have a bad good feeling about this cruise. He just looked at me. I said I have a bad feeling that it will be too good and will become our new addiction! He just laughed.
Old 04-06-2009, 09:49 AM   #17
disgrumpydad
He is perhaps the most capable and competent of the dwarfs

We are on board (DD age 13) & DW. Staying at AKV for 2 days before the cruise and visiting the coast on Saturday before the cruise. Any good seafood hangouts near the port?

Any other teen girls going/or been to "Aloft"? My DD is wondering what there is to do and possible meet a DIS'er before we go.

Many thanks in advance.

disgrumpydad is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-13-2009, 07:29 PM   #18
blossomz
Proud DVC owner since 2002!

Are you planning on booking Palo? I'm thinking since this is our first cruise..we might just be too busy!
Old 04-13-2009, 10:02 PM   #19
Blueyed Girl
HAKUNA MATATA!

We are skipping Palo this time around. Perhaps when DS gets a little older or has a relative/close friend to be in the kiddie clubs with.

Booking Excursions tomorrow morning!! Can't wait!
Old 04-14-2009, 10:19 AM   #20
Blueyed Girl
HAKUNA MATATA!

Did everyone get their shore excursions booked?? I got ours done this morning. We are doing the Aquaventure in Nassau and Stingray Adventure at Castaway Cay. I was going to reserve paddle boats at CC also but it was not listed on there. I'm hoping that doesn't mean they are all booked up!(?)

We are also going to arrive a day early and spend the night on the coast. Probaby at Cocoa beach. This will give me a chance to dip my toes in the ocean for the very first time before boarding the ship!

Our cruise doesn't seem to have a large booking. There seem to be plenty of staterooms left and there are only 3-4 of us on this thread. I wonder why? Maybe because we booked too close to July 4th? Just curious.
Old 04-17-2009, 09:09 PM   #21
blossomz

Well..we got our dolphin encounter at Blue Lagoon and we too got the Castaway Ray Stingrays! Maybe we'll see you there! From what I've been reading..it sounds like most of the other activities on castaway will be pretty much available. I can't wait!

Hmm...I was kind of wondering why there weren't many others as well! Maybe we'll have a nice not too crowded experience!
Old 04-19-2009, 08:48 PM   #22
dsheamac
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by blossomz View Post
Are you planning on booking Palo? I'm thinking since this is our first cruise..we might just be too busy!

Since this is our first cruise, we decided to do Palo for brunch. Due to the fact it is a short cruise and we don't want to miss any dinners with our kids.
dsheamac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 08:53 PM   #23
dsheamac
Earning My Ears

This is our first cruise and first time in Nassau. Has anyone ever gone to the Wynham or Sheraton for the day pass and use the pools and beach? We are probably waiting till we get there and see what the weather is and decide what to do then. Any other suggestions for family of five kids (7,14,15)
Old 04-21-2009, 01:02 PM   #24
Blueyed Girl
HAKUNA MATATA!

I thought about doing the day pass but just booked through DCL anyway. I will probably regret that later money-wise, but I just wanted to make everything easy for our first time.
Old 04-21-2009, 01:05 PM   #25
Blueyed Girl
HAKUNA MATATA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blossomz View Post
Well..we got our dolphin encounter at Blue Lagoon and we too got the Castaway Ray Stingrays! Maybe we'll see you there! From what I've been reading..it sounds like most of the other activities on castaway will be pretty much available. I can't wait!

Hmm...I was kind of wondering why there weren't many others as well! Maybe we'll have a nice not too crowded experience!
Yay for the Dolphin Encounter!! That was my first choice but DH talked me out of it until DS gets a couple of years older. DS insisted we do the stingrays so I guess we will see how that goes!

I'm hoping the paddle boats will be available. We were really looking forward to taking DS on one of those. He's been asking.

I can't wait until we are on the ship sipping fruity beverages and lounging around in the sun. We also got a verandah room so DH and I could sit out there mid-day while DS is taking his nap.
Old 04-21-2009, 04:50 PM   #26
blossomz

Oh...me tooo!!!
Old 04-24-2009, 10:21 PM   #27
dsheamac
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by disgrumpydad View Post
We are on board (DD age 13) & DW. Staying at AKV for 2 days before the cruise and visiting the coast on Saturday before the cruise. Any good seafood hangouts near the port?

Any other teen girls going/or been to "Aloft"? My DD is wondering what there is to do and possible meet a DIS'er before we go.

Many thanks in advance.
This is our first cruise. I have three DDs (7,13,15) the teens are looking into going to the aloft also, but are not sure what activities they will have for those ages. We also are going to disney world for a week prior to the cruise.
Old 04-24-2009, 10:56 PM   #28
Blueyed Girl
HAKUNA MATATA!

Old 05-03-2009, 07:09 PM   #29
JSBFLYERS10
Earning My Ears

We are going on this cruise with a 15 year old boy and a 16 year old girl

Read and post cruise reviews
dd dw : dd16 ds15
JSBFLYERS10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 10:33 AM   #30
blossomz

Can you believe we are almost only one month away!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: