Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 04-05-2009, 08:59 PM   #61
kandcmch
Mouseketeer
 
kandcmch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 121

WEll, I think we will go to the poly with the hopes of getting what we request. But we do understand we may not get them at all. Geee I hope tink can help us out! Find that out in 6 days!
__________________


DH
, ME , DD 10

FIRST TRIP TO DISNEY APRIL 2009 POLY
kandcmch is offline  
Old 04-05-2009, 09:21 PM   #62
mmmears
DIS Veteran
 
mmmears's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: California
Posts: 8,254

Quote:
Originally Posted by kandcmch View Post
WEll, I think we will go to the poly with the hopes of getting what we request. But we do understand we may not get them at all. Geee I hope tink can help us out! Find that out in 6 days!
That's how I feel, too. I know it's going to be crowded, and if we don't get all our requests, I'm going to try to be just as happy as if we did. 4 more days!!!
__________________


* Disneyland * Walt Disney World * Disneyland Paris ** Disney Wonder Bahamas * Disney Wonder Alaska *
*Grand Floridian Resort* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Polynesian Resort * Yacht Club * Beach Club * Disneyland Hotel * Grand Californian Resort *
mmmears is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 04-05-2009, 09:36 PM   #63
OandA
But Enough of This Palaver, Lets Get This Show On The Road
 
OandA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Lakes Region, New Hampshire
Posts: 726

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOODY13 View Post
Has anyone ever taken anything like coffee and a sweet roll from concierge and eaten it out at the tables by the quiet pool ? I enjoy having my coffee by the pool in the morning but I don't want to do it if I'm not supposed to. Also is the menu for concierge evening food offerings that is posted on the first page of this thread acurate? I noticed it is from 04/14/2008. Thanks for your help.
As long as you aren't taking in a backpack and filling it up, then you should be fine. We saw a lot of people coming in and grabbing a snack or drink and heading out to the beach or back to their rooms. I wasn't a fan of the concierge's offerings so I didn't take anything with me. Not worth the high amount of money in my opinion.
__________________
Me 26 Wife 23
Disney vacation history
May 2012 Pop Century 5/10-5/21 | September 2012 Pop Century 9/13-9/23 |2011 Polynesian (10 days) | 2010 Pop Century (13 days) | 2009 Pop Century (7 days) · Polynesian (10 days) | 2008 Polynesian (7 days) | 2001 off-site | 2000 off-site | 1999 off-site | 1998 off-site | 1997 off-site | 1996 off-site | 1995 off-site | 1994 off-site · Fort Wilderness | 1993 Fort Wilderness | 1992 Fort Wilderness | 1991 Fort Wilderness | 1990 Fort Wilderness | 1989 Fort Wilderness | 1988 Fort Wilderness | 1987 Fort Wilderness | 1986 Fort Wilderness
OandA is offline  
Old 04-05-2009, 09:38 PM   #64
tekoa
DIS Veteran
 
tekoa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Western Massachusetts
Posts: 658

Hi all we have been back a week from our stay at the Polynesian. We had room #1811 in Rarotonga. At first I was not thrilled with this location, but it really was very nice. Very close just steps from the GCH. Steps to the bus station and laundry room. This was our first stay at a monorail resort, and I am now spoiled. We walked to the TTC to get the EPCOT monorail. Not a bad walk at all. Watched the fireworks from the beach several nights.
Enljoyed Capt. Cooks. The noodle stir fry chicken dish is yummy. The Hawaiian flat bread was good also. Of course the Tonga Toast and dole whips are the best. Have had both of these before, but having them steps away at the GCH was fantastic. Dole Whips available 24-7. Can't beat that.

Thought the parks were busy. The EPCOT flower and garden did not seem to have as much as last year (maybe it's me!)

Had a blast at the American Idol Experience. Lots of fun try this if you get the chance. Also at the studios saw beauty and the beast for the first time. I don't know why we never went before, what a GREAT show.

Saw Monster Ins. laugh factory for the first time. Very corny, but funny. Made me laugh out loud a couple of times.

To all that are going soon. Have fun.
tekoa is offline  
Old 04-05-2009, 09:39 PM   #65
BCV23


Loves the magic of the trains
Would enjoy a magical meal at the castle
Loves the name Hatuey!
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Illinois
Posts: 18,918

Quote:
Originally Posted by lissiesmum View Post
good evening friends! I was hoping you could give me a rundown of times it takes on/waiting for the monorail. Specifically, how many minutes from:
the GCH to the GF?
the GCH to the MK?
the TTC to Epcot?
If you're standing at the monorail station and there's no monorail, approx how long before it circles back? Are there usually a lot of people waiting, if so, how much extra time would you add? I have an 8:00am character breakfast booked at both the MK and EPCOT and want to make sure I give myself enough time to get there.
As usual, thanks for your help. You guys are great and I look forward to reading this thread throughout the day. I always feel like I've missed so much by the time I'm able to log on at night after I put DD to bed!
GCH to GF is probably a minute tops once the monorail is running. Boarding and waiting times vary.

GCH to MK depends on how long it takes the monorail to load at the GF as well.

For an 8am reservation in the MK, I'd be at the monorail station by 7:30. That should give you plenty of time for the wait, ride, bag check, turnstiles and walk.

For your Epcot reservation, the walk inside the park will take longer than everything else most likely. I think I'd plan on being at the TTC by 7:15. The ride itself is longer...maybe 8 minutes or so? Bag check, turnstile and then a good 10-15 minute walk to Norway.

But I would check on the transportation board to see how early the Epcot monorail is running these days. That breakfast used to begin at 8:30 and it could be that the monorail isn't running by 7:15.

As for wait times for the monorail, they are usually running 3 or 4 MK trains at one time it seems to me. We've seldom waited more than 5 minutes. It's rare to have to wait for the next one.



Quote:
Originally Posted by TJM1976 View Post
Whew!! Time flies when you are readings all these postings!!! question... I've noticed that some of the Poly rooms have a "balcony" and some have a "fence". Fence meaning there is no room for a patio chair. Is it luck of the draw if you are assigned a balcony or fence room? Or if you book a lagoon view, those have balconies?

I realize 1st floor rooms have the small patio.
Three of the larger building do have balconies on the second and third floors so your odds are greater than you might think.

Mostly I wanted to say that the patios are actually a nice size....much bigger than at most WDW resorts.
__________________
BCV23 is offline  
Old 04-05-2009, 09:43 PM   #66
BCV23


Loves the magic of the trains
Would enjoy a magical meal at the castle
Loves the name Hatuey!
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Illinois
Posts: 18,918

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekoa View Post
Hi all we have been back a week from our stay at the Polynesian. We had room #1811 in Rarotonga. At first I was not thrilled with this location, but it really was very nice. Very close just steps from the GCH. Steps to the bus station and laundry room. This was our first stay at a monorail resort, and I am now spoiled. We walked to the TTC to get the EPCOT monorail. Not a bad walk at all. Watched the fireworks from the beach several nights.
Enljoyed Capt. Cooks. The noodle stir fry chicken dish is yummy. The Hawaiian flat bread was good also. Of course the Tonga Toast and dole whips are the best. Have had both of these before, but having them steps away at the GCH was fantastic. Dole Whips available 24-7. Can't beat that.

Thought the parks were busy. The EPCOT flower and garden did not seem to have as much as last year (maybe it's me!)

Had a blast at the American Idol Experience. Lots of fun try this if you get the chance. Also at the studios saw beauty and the beast for the first time. I don't know why we never went before, what a GREAT show.

Saw Monster Ins. laugh factory for the first time. Very corny, but funny. Made me laugh out loud a couple of times.

To all that are going soon. Have fun.
It sounds like you had a great vacation. On which side of Raratonga were you? Thanks for your report.
__________________
BCV23 is offline  
Old 04-05-2009, 09:59 PM   #67
BigSnacks
Just back From Best Trip Ever
 
BigSnacks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 24

New On-line Check In

Have any of the Poly faithful used the new on-line check in? Do you think it makes a difference as far as getting the longhouse that has been requested? Is there a seperate line at registration for guests that have used the on-line check in? Does it speed up the process?
BigSnacks is offline  
Old 04-05-2009, 10:12 PM   #68
juliebee
Mouseketeer
 
juliebee's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: oregon
Posts: 201

Here is the new Concierge Lounge Menu (updated 3/21/09)

Sunday
BBQ Pulled Pork with Whole Grain Buns and Asian Cole Slaw
Vegetable Spring Rolls
Tropical Pineapple Fruit Tray
Assorted Cheese Tray
Vegetable Platter

Monday
California Rolls and Cucumber Avocado Rolls
Make Your Own Asian Noodle Bowl
Tropical Pineapple Fruit Tray
Assorted Cheese Tray
Vegetable Platter

Tuesday
Slow Roasted Barbeque Pork Ribs
Hot and Sour Soup with Chicken
Tropical Pineapple Fruit Tray
Assorted Cheese Tray
Vegetable Platter

Wednesday
Spirit of Aloha Chicken Drumsticks
Spirit of Aloha Fried Rice
Tropical Pineapple Fruit Tray
Assorted Cheese Tray
Vegetable Platter

Thursday
Vegetable Lo Mein
Create your Own Asian Style Lettuce Wraps
Tropical Pineapple Fruit Tray
Assorted Cheese Tray
Vegetable Platter

Friday
'Ohana Marinated Turkey Skewers with Peanut Sauce
Jasmine Rice with Coconut Curry Sauce
Tropical Pineapple Fruit Tray
Assorted Cheese Tray
Vegetable Platter

Saturday
Kona Sticky Wings
Kona Curry Shrimp Chowder
Kona Salad with Fresh Fruit, Maytag Blue Cheese
Smoked Almonds, Mixed Greens with a Citrus Vinaigrette
Tropical Pineapple Fruit Tray
Assorted Cheese Tray
Vegetable Platter
__________________
~Julie
plus DH and 2 sons (ages 18 and 7)

last trip: March 20-28, 2009 - Poly LVC
next trip: Spring Break 2011
juliebee is offline  
Old 04-05-2009, 10:24 PM   #69
juliebee
Mouseketeer
 
juliebee's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: oregon
Posts: 201

Quote:
Originally Posted by lissiesmum View Post
good evening friends! I was hoping you could give me a rundown of times it takes on/waiting for the monorail. Specifically, how many minutes from:
the GCH to the GF?
the GCH to the MK?
the TTC to Epcot?
If you're standing at the monorail station and there's no monorail, approx how long before it circles back? Are there usually a lot of people waiting, if so, how much extra time would you add? I have an 8:00am character breakfast booked at both the MK and EPCOT and want to make sure I give myself enough time to get there.
As usual, thanks for your help. You guys are great and I look forward to reading this thread throughout the day. I always feel like I've missed so much by the time I'm able to log on at night after I put DD to bed!
here is a website that allows you to plug in two places and see the traveling time. I found it to be pretty accurate. http://www.ourlaughingplace.com/asp/twiz.aspx

I will also say that I thought the transportation was wonderful! The buses had little to no wait at all during our whole trip!

And another side note, on one occasion we walked to the TTC and they were stopping everyone and not letting most people walk up the ramps to the monorail. It was about 8:15am. They gave us no explanation, so I went up to the guy blocking the gate and asked why some could go through and he said they were resort members only. So we hold up our Key To The World and he whisks us through the gate. It only happened one time, but be sure if someone is blocking the gates to the ramps and you see others allowed in that you show your KTTW.
__________________
~Julie
plus DH and 2 sons (ages 18 and 7)

last trip: March 20-28, 2009 - Poly LVC
next trip: Spring Break 2011
juliebee is offline  
Old 04-05-2009, 10:25 PM   #70
tekoa
DIS Veteran
 
tekoa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Western Massachusetts
Posts: 658

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCV23 View Post
It sounds like you had a great vacation. On which side of Raratonga were you? Thanks for your report.
We were on the side facing the pool. Could not really see it as we were on the first floor. The high fireworks were visible over the top of the longhouse.
tekoa is offline  
Old 04-05-2009, 10:28 PM   #71
mmmears
DIS Veteran
 
mmmears's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: California
Posts: 8,254

juliebee -- thanks so much for posting the updated menu! It's really helpful for planning our evenings! Thank you for taking the time to do this.
__________________


* Disneyland * Walt Disney World * Disneyland Paris ** Disney Wonder Bahamas * Disney Wonder Alaska *
*Grand Floridian Resort* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Polynesian Resort * Yacht Club * Beach Club * Disneyland Hotel * Grand Californian Resort *
mmmears is offline  
Old 04-05-2009, 10:32 PM   #72
mmmears
DIS Veteran
 
mmmears's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: California
Posts: 8,254

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliebee View Post
And another side note, on one occasion we walked to the TTC and they were stopping everyone and not letting most people walk up the ramps to the monorail. It was about 8:15am. They gave us no explanation, so I went up to the guy blocking the gate and asked why some could go through and he said they were resort members only. So we hold up our Key To The World and he whisks us through the gate. It only happened one time, but be sure if someone is blocking the gates to the ramps and you see others allowed in that you show your KTTW.
Thank you SO much for this information. We plan on walking early to the Epcot monorail, and I'm so glad you mentioned this! We like to get to the parks early and would be miserable if we ended up waiting when we didn't have to!
__________________


* Disneyland * Walt Disney World * Disneyland Paris ** Disney Wonder Bahamas * Disney Wonder Alaska *
*Grand Floridian Resort* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Polynesian Resort * Yacht Club * Beach Club * Disneyland Hotel * Grand Californian Resort *
mmmears is offline  
Old 04-05-2009, 11:29 PM   #73
WOODY13
Mouseketeer
 
WOODY13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: 1600 Seven Seas Dr.(I wish) Geneva,IL.
Posts: 290

Thanks CR resort fan 4 life and OandA for your quick responses. Also thanks juliebee thanks for posting the updated menu.
WOODY13 is offline  
Old 04-06-2009, 05:06 AM   #74
Tess
DIS Vet - 1997
Still thinking happy little thoughts. . .
The Tag Fairy sees and loves Tess too!
 
Tess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: A Buckeye in Wolverine Country
Posts: 3,953

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaffinito View Post
I hate snow. I hate Michigan. How I ever got stuck (and remained) in this Godforsaken cesspool of a state is beyond me.

Ok. Rant over.

I will second the sentiments expressed above.
__________________
Tess is online now  
Old 04-06-2009, 05:14 AM   #75
kaffinito
Grant me the Serenity to Accept the Reservations I Cannot Change
Lock yourself in there for a few minutes and sing a happy song until the angry gerbils in your head stop stomping on your brain!
 
kaffinito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Way Too Far North
Posts: 6,303

Only three more sleeps until we leave! I can't wait!

I just have to fine tune how I'm going to spring the surprise on the boys and I'm all set. Still have to pick up note cards to write down the rough schedule and the ADR's and get cash from the bank for the daily envelopes though. I'll try to do that today so I can unpack and repack again.

Thanks for all of the info from julibee and BCV23 on the monorail wait times too! I'm still getting used to the idea that I can hop with a ferry and a monorail to get where I want to go. I'm not at all used to that!
__________________
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post43546405 Me DS19 DS11 Zolly Claire Silo Schtunky Jack Anya (Onion) Mushka [/B] Thanks JanetB, KOOK and Pas130! GO LIONS!!!

kaffinito is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
When Everyone is going to Disneyland Resort Paris! Miffy2003 Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board 3427 02-01-2012 06:18 PM
The Scrolling Tag Request Thread Strikes Again creativeamanda Community Board 620 03-20-2011 07:19 PM
10/24/2009 Bash on the Boat (I'm with B.O.B.) Thread #21! captchris Disney Cruise Meets 3739 04-20-2009 08:46 PM
Off site resort - Nickhotel - help! Ivette1980 Orlando Hotels and Attractions 27 04-05-2009 03:15 PM
The *NEW* Polynesian Resort FAQ thread - *SEPT 2008* SeaSpray Disney Resorts 3726 04-05-2009 07:28 AM

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:43 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: