Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2009, 04:47 PM   #3691
kmdintx
Earning My Ears

Contempo Cafe snacks for breakfast

Anybody know what kind of breakfast items I can get for a snack credit at Contempo?
Old 04-03-2009, 06:36 PM   #3692
islandbound1day
Mouseketeer

Just Returned Home from First CR Stay

I just returned home from our first on site Disney stay. We stayed at the Contemporary. We had a Magic Kingdom Tower View on the 11th floor in room 4747. It was wonderful. I have to admit that I am VERY PICKY about hotels and do tend to nit pick about things but the CR was great. We had no sign of bed bugs in our room (thank goodness) and I loved the decor. I travel often and found the decor even better than some high end hotels that I have stayed in on business. My main concern with booking the Contemporary was the fear of noise. I am a very light sleeper and I asked many questions about the noise issue on this board and received mixed opinions. I experienced NO OUTSIDE NOISE at all. I was thrilled! The rooms were sound proof and I could not have been more pleased. My 10 year old was thoroughly pleased with the pool and the arcade and did not want to leave. We could have stayed at any of the deluxes but I chose the Contemporary and I was very happy with my decision. I gave my son the choice on where to stay next and figured he might want to try the Poly or Grand Floridian but he say he wants to go back to the Contemporary. That says a lot since he thinks the pool and slide are really awesome at the Poly but really loved the CR.

There were only a couple of negatives that I experienced. The first is the bus transportation to Downtown Disney on Saturday 3/28. The bus took over an hour to arrive and I had to go to the desk to get assistance in order to even get the bus there. I was meeting my parents there who were driving over from Jacksonville and my son had not seen them since Christmas so he was anxious to get to Downtown. Once on the bus it was another 30 minutes so that experience was painful. The other negative is the Contempo Cafe. I feel like they need more selections and specifically the desserts. They are the same everyday and those cupcakes looked awesome but after the first couple of days, I wanted something different. Overall the food at the Contemp was tastey. My son loved the french toast and I think the waffles were excellent.

I hope quick Contemporary review helps future travelers.

Proud BLT Owner!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-03-2009, 07:19 PM   #3693
ShelsGoingToDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandbound1day View Post
I just returned home from our first on site Disney stay. We stayed at the Contemporary. We had a Magic Kingdom Tower View on the 11th floor in room 4747. It was wonderful. I have to admit that I am VERY PICKY about hotels and do tend to nit pick about things but the CR was great. We had no sign of bed bugs in our room (thank goodness) and I loved the decor. I travel often and found the decor even better than some high end hotels that I have stayed in on business. My main concern with booking the Contemporary was the fear of noise. I am a very light sleeper and I asked many questions about the noise issue on this board and received mixed opinions. I experienced NO OUTSIDE NOISE at all. I was thrilled! The rooms were sound proof and I could not have been more pleased. My 10 year old was thoroughly pleased with the pool and the arcade and did not want to leave. We could have stayed at any of the deluxes but I chose the Contemporary and I was very happy with my decision. I gave my son the choice on where to stay next and figured he might want to try the Poly or Grand Floridian but he say he wants to go back to the Contemporary. That says a lot since he thinks the pool and slide are really awesome at the Poly but really loved the CR.

There were only a couple of negatives that I experienced. The first is the bus transportation to Downtown Disney on Saturday 3/28. The bus took over an hour to arrive and I had to go to the desk to get assistance in order to even get the bus there. I was meeting my parents there who were driving over from Jacksonville and my son had not seen them since Christmas so he was anxious to get to Downtown. Once on the bus it was another 30 minutes so that experience was painful. The other negative is the Contempo Cafe. I feel like they need more selections and specifically the desserts. They are the same everyday and those cupcakes looked awesome but after the first couple of days, I wanted something different. Overall the food at the Contemp was tastey. My son loved the french toast and I think the waffles were excellent.

I am glad you were bed bug free! LOL! We also commented on how quiet the resort was. We stayed in the garden wing so I wasn't really worried about noise but we hearn no one. Really felt like we were the only people there until we went to a public area.

My kids agree about the pool. It wasn't crowded at all which was nice! The time we did try the Poly pool the line for the slide was 20 minutes long and that was in January! The pool itself was crowded too. It was nice and relaxed at the CR.

We took the bus to HS and it arrived pretty quick for us but there were a ton of people waiting when we arrived and I overheard many complaining that they'd been waiting a long time for that bus. Other bus we took was to Blizzard Beach to play the Winter Summerland golf and it was quick. Never tried DTD.

Offsite ~ July 1983, June 1992, March 2001; Poly/ASMovies~Jan 2006;Poly~April 2006;Pop/Poly~Jan 2008;CR~March 2009;BC~Oct 2009;POP~July 2010;Harry Potter trip~Jan 2011;Endeavour Launch Trip~April 2011;Atlantis Launch Trip~July 2011;POR~May 2012; Disney Fantasy Cruise ~ May 2012;Joey's 13th Birthday Christmas Decor Trip ~ Nov/Dec.2012;Disneyland~May 2013 ~ Silly Sam's AoA Adventure Nov. 2013 ~ WONDERful Alaska May 2014
Old 04-03-2009, 07:47 PM   #3694
DonaldDoleWhip
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Thanks for your awesome review - glad that you enjoyed CR for the most part.

We were in room 4747 once - it's the BEST non-concierge room at the hotel! Highest regular floor, far from Chef Mickey's, and closest room to MK with beds facing the castle (in room 4748, the beds face the other way, so 4747 is better for that reason).
Old 04-03-2009, 08:41 PM   #3695
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Thank you for posting that great review.
Old 04-04-2009, 07:37 AM   #3696
mom2aredhead
DIS Veteran

For the buses, we found it to be a bit easier to walk over to MK and catch one of the buses there. Depending on where we were going it was direct vs. stopping at Poly and GF first, and I found they came a bit more frequently.

"Nobody on his deathbed ever said, "I wish I had spent more time at the office." - Paul Tsongas
Old 04-04-2009, 10:25 AM   #3697
Bricket
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
!!!!! for notifying management about the bed bugs
Yes, thank you very, very, very much. Because I assure ALL OF YOU, Mr. Walt Disney (God rest his soul) included, if my son is bitten by a bed bug or anything that looks like one while staying at any DW Resort that I will be throwing a big, honkin' fit, everyone will know about it and IT WON'T BE PRETTY.

And that is a promise.

Get rid of your bugs CR...not cool.
Old 04-04-2009, 11:17 AM   #3698
Bricket
Mouseketeer

Ok, so I read that the pathway to the MK has been found to be confusing to guests lately. Something about sections being fenced off and "detours" having to be taken. Is this still going on?

Also, can CR guests still use pools at Poly? And isn't there another neighboring resort's pool CR guests can use?
Old 04-04-2009, 12:37 PM   #3699
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bricket View Post
Also, can CR guests still use pools at Poly? And isn't there another neighboring resort's pool CR guests can use?
Since the Contemporary pool has re-open I doubt they can use the pool at the Polynesian. Also there is no other pool not located there that they can not use.
Old 04-04-2009, 02:08 PM   #3700
Bricket
Mouseketeer

Cool, thanks.

So no more using Poly or FWL pools now.

I figured as long as there were fences up, work was being done and guests could use neighboring hotels' pools. And you're saying no...only CR pools now, refurbishing or whatever they were doing is now over?
Old 04-04-2009, 02:43 PM   #3701
ShelsGoingToDisney
DIS Veteran

Both pools are up and running. There is still some fencing that is covering some areas where they are doing some landscaping work and what I think may be a splash area in the future from what I've read here. It doesn't get in the way of using the pools or slide so I am guessing they see no need for you to go to Poly or elsewhere.

As for the walkway I've never used it before this trip so I can't compare but there was some fencing along the walkway but I didn't feel like I was sent on a detour. Seemed like the regular walkway with fencing off to one side where it looks like the BVT parking lot and stuff is. Wasn't hard to find for us.

Offsite ~ July 1983, June 1992, March 2001; Poly/ASMovies~Jan 2006;Poly~April 2006;Pop/Poly~Jan 2008;CR~March 2009;BC~Oct 2009;POP~July 2010;Harry Potter trip~Jan 2011;Endeavour Launch Trip~April 2011;Atlantis Launch Trip~July 2011;POR~May 2012; Disney Fantasy Cruise ~ May 2012;Joey's 13th Birthday Christmas Decor Trip ~ Nov/Dec.2012;Disneyland~May 2013 ~ Silly Sam's AoA Adventure Nov. 2013 ~ WONDERful Alaska May 2014
Old 04-04-2009, 03:23 PM   #3702
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Back in December the entrance to the parking lot by the Bay Lake Tower was closed off, so you had to turn in a bit earlier and the entrance was on the walkway. However that did not cause any confusion on the walkway to and from the Magic Kingdom.
Old 04-04-2009, 06:23 PM   #3703
lrab1126
I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse.

islandbound1day thanks for your great review !! Did you request that specific room? I have read some others who have also stayed in that room and loved it.
Old 04-04-2009, 07:42 PM   #3704
islandbound1day
Mouseketeer

I actually did not request that particular room. The only requests that I made was a high level room on the opposite end of Chef Mickeys. When I checked in around 1:00 that day, I was originally told that I would be assigned a room on the 9th floor but it was not ready. When I checked back around 3:00 the room was still not ready and I explained that I had gotten sick earlier and I really would just like to be put in another room that was ready. Room 4747 was the one they put me in. I could not have been more pleased. I loved lying in my bed and watching the fireworks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrab1126 View Post
islandbound1day thanks for your great review !! Did you request that specific room? I have read some others who have also stayed in that room and loved it.

Proud BLT Owner!!
Old 04-04-2009, 11:10 PM   #3705
RussellDisney
Contemporary tastes on an All Star budget!

Just back home about 4 hours ago from 6 nights at the CR. Our first time there, and first Deluxe. IT...WAS...AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!

We loved the hotel and my son literally cried when we left this afternoon! :-(

I'll post more later. Trip was great!

Like my avatar? I took that pic!!

July 1978 - Offsite and hotter than blue-blazes
December 1993 - Offsite and perfect weather
September 2005 - All Star Movies, first trip with the wife and kids
December 2007 - Westgate Lakes Resort with me, DW, DD6, DS4 and two DFriends
Spring Break 2009 - Best trip ever at the Contemporary Resort - MK view! In fact, here's my Trip Report to prove it: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2141348
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: