Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2009, 01:26 PM   #136
djstweety
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaithTrustnPixieDust View Post
Hello Everyone!

Boy am I ready for vacation. Life is just soooo busy.

Right now we are having a sleepover for my DS's 10th birthday. We took the kids to dinner and then to the see Monsters vs. Aliens in 3D. The kids had a great time. It's after midnight and only one of the boys has gone to bed so far. The others are still going strong.

I figured this was a good time to check the DIS.

We do not have a free day/night all week. I love the activities but boy do they catch up with you.

DS (10) - Cub Scouts; Little League Baseball (moved up to the majors this year); Spring Soccer, PREP (also referred to as CCD)

DD (5) - Tball - Wow only one activity for her right now. Last year was gymnastics, ballet, and ice skating lessons. I am thankful she only has one activity.

As for me, I am the Webelos Den Leader for scouts, the Team Mom for DS's BB team (well as of last night when the coach called and asked), Co-Chair for school fundraiser, I work full time and I am also working on my Masters Degree (when I have time to take a class)

So to say I am ready for vacation is an understatement.

I can relate to a lot of what you all are going through....DD was home sick one day this week and she is still not feeling 100%, anticipating layoffs at work, traveling a lot for kids activities, etc.

I am not trying to rush things to get to our cruise. I mean we have so many fun and exciting activities throughout the year. But I can not wait to sit back and relax. It is great knowing the kids can go to the clubs and have a great time and I will not feel quilty while I am relaxing at the Spa, pool, enjoying a cocktail. Ahhhhhh!

I will be taking some vacation time in June but that is for Webelos Resident Camp - 4 nights/5 days of camping. DS and I went last year and it was fun but exhausting. This is the roughing it type of camping. Not many of our parents are willing to take the kids to this camp. Kids would love it but the parents are not up for the 'roughing it' part. It's great fun and the best part is there are no TVs.

Well, we have to be at the baseball fields first thing in the morning for our Clean Up Day. We have to get them ready for Opening Day which is next Saturday. Then it's about three games a week through mid June.
So, I better sign off for now and get some sleep.

I usually don't have time to type things on the DIS generally just read what eveyone else is doing. But I've been wanting to tell you all a little bit about the kids and I.

Look forward to meeting you all on the cruise and seeing some of you at BCV before the cruise.

Regards, Lisa

I remember those days Girl Scouts, Boy Scouts, Mothers Club, dance school, karate, scoccer, It was alot of fun, But I know I can not keep that pace today. Sometimes I wish I was still doing it. And then I think again ...what am I crazy

Sept 20th 2014 on the Magic

It's all Gary's Fault

Dec 8th 2014 on the Dream
Old 03-28-2009, 01:35 PM   #137
djstweety
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wltdsnyfan View Post

Hello my fellow SSM09 Cruisers!

Below is the list of people that are participating in the Fish Extender exchange so far.
If you sent me and e mail or PM and do not see your name please re send. I do not have it, sorry.
Also, everyone has two in the room except were I have it listed.
If you need the information on what the Fish Extender is all about or would like to know who to notify if you would like to par take, please see the first post on the first page of this thread.

So far there are 21 cabins.

wdwlvr
wltdsnyfan

donald is #1
bsusanmb
ravross
rbcheek
cquick
cathyn
Beastly
Time4DisneyNow
Boosgram
kellyjeanDVC - Plus DS13, DD11
djstweety
BCVOwner2002
ehagerty
NYJets20032
Miker1251 – Plus DGrand sons 10 and 5
Miker1251 (Step-daughter and Husband)
Seaulater
2princess2pirates – Plus DS6, DD5
BigDogHu – Plus DS2

flo

Wow thats great, I better start working a little harder. I am only prepared for a total of 22 cabins so far,,,Must make more..........oops can't say suprise.

It's all Gary's Fault

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-28-2009, 01:43 PM   #138
Donald is #1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Glad you were able to do the change

take care
flo
I think on Monday, that I will be landing at O'hare at about 8:15 or so. On Friday, I will probably be there around noon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djstweety View Post
Wow thats great, I better start working a little harder. I am only prepared for a total of 22 cabins so far,,,Must make more..........oops can't say suprise.
Hmmm, I'm getting curious. I still need to figure out mine. I am debating between 2 different things.

Thanks Kimmar
Go Red Sox & Patriots!
Old 03-28-2009, 02:05 PM   #139
ohiominnie
It's interesting when you google yourself
I'd rather be at WDW
Spent all day at an amusement park yesterday
My DH gets kitty litter kidney stones

Not doing much here today. Mike has to work from 1-11. It's just the kids and me at home. Nick was dx with strep yesterday, and while he doesn't feel horrible, I'd just as soon not run around. Give him time to rest up a bit.

Getting ready to go listen for some sonic booms in about 10 minutes. They will be our first ones!
Old 03-28-2009, 02:13 PM   #140
wltdsnyfan

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by djstweety View Post
Dianne,

I am prepared for 24! SO I have to start to think for more to. Not even sure I can do what I have done any more. I have to check.

take care
flo

Last edited by wltdsnyfan; 03-28-2009 at 02:22 PM.
Old 03-28-2009, 02:15 PM   #141
wltdsnyfan

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiominnie View Post
Not doing much here today. Mike has to work from 1-11. It's just the kids and me at home. Nick was dx with strep yesterday, and while he doesn't feel horrible, I'd just as soon not run around. Give him time to rest up a bit.

Getting ready to go listen for some sonic booms in about 10 minutes. They will be our first ones!
That sounds like fun listening to the sonic booms.

hope Nick feels better soon.

Take care
flo

Last edited by wltdsnyfan; 03-28-2009 at 02:23 PM.
Old 03-28-2009, 04:15 PM   #142
wltdsnyfan

DIS Veteran

I just watched the Magic leave the port on the Port Canaveral Web cam. I have never watched this. It was fun.

take care
flo
Old 03-28-2009, 05:20 PM   #143
WDWLVR
DVC @ The Boardwalk
Have veranda will cruise
We cruised under a DVC flag - how cool is that?!?

Well those of you on facebook know how I spent my day. We went and got an iPhone. It is something we've talked about for a while and now seemed like a good time.

I've had a fun afternoon with it and I'm so glad we got it.

Robbie - I'll be thinking of you as you land at O'Hare. Enjoy your very short visit to our area.

Flo - I love watching the Magic and Wonder sail. Haven't done it in a while.

Those of you staying by the port the night before the cruise I recommend heading over to Grills to dinner and to watch the Magic leave. We've done it before a couple of our Wonder cruises.

Karen - sorry to hear that Nick is sick. I'm sure the antibiotics are helping. to our smoothie son.
Old 03-28-2009, 05:33 PM   #144
wltdsnyfan

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWLVR View Post
Well those of you on facebook know how I spent my day. We went and got an iPhone. It is something we've talked about for a while and now seemed like a good time.

I've had a fun afternoon with it and I'm so glad we got it.

Flo - I love watching the Magic and Wonder sail. Haven't done it in a while.
Mary,

We all need new toys now and then. Glad you like it.

The closest I can come to IPones it the Samsung by Sprint.

I love watching the Magic and Wonder sail. But I have always seen it from the two palms cam.

Enjoy your evening.

take care
flo
Old 03-28-2009, 06:40 PM   #145
cquick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiominnie View Post

OH MY! We were at Lowe's and I was just pushing the cart out to the car when we heard two VERY LOUD booms! Car alarms were going off all over, I had completely forgotten the shuttle was coming in today! What a surprise!
Old 03-28-2009, 06:44 PM   #146
cquick
DIS Veteran

I am going to call on Monday to see if I can get another stateroom. Our massage therapist would like to come with us as caregiver for Patrick, so Chuck and I can have more time to ourselves. We just got back from a 7 day and we realized we need a caregiver to cruise with us. I am sure there's a waitlist.

Any good ideas? Connie
Old 03-28-2009, 07:29 PM   #147
wltdsnyfan

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cquick View Post
OH MY! We were at Lowe's and I was just pushing the cart out to the car when we heard two VERY LOUD booms! Car alarms were going off all over, I had completely forgotten the shuttle was coming in today! What a surprise!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cquick View Post
I am going to call on Monday to see if I can get another stateroom. Our massage therapist would like to come with us as caregiver for Patrick, so Chuck and I can have more time to ourselves. We just got back from a 7 day and we realized we need a caregiver to cruise with us. I am sure there's a waitlist.

Any good ideas? Connie

Hi Connie!

Gald to see you drop in. That must have been something hearing that noise and not know what it was and the alams all going off! Not sure what the heck I would have done.

Not ideas on getting a room. Just wanted to send some your way. Hope you can get one.

take care
flo
Old 03-28-2009, 08:17 PM   #148
djstweety
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Dianne,

I am prepared for 24! SO I have to start to think for more to. Not even sure I can do what I have done any more. I have to check.

take care
flo
I have already done two different things...I may need to do one of them again.

It's all Gary's Fault

Old 03-28-2009, 08:44 PM   #149
BigDogHU75
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hope DS feels better!

Thanks for the congrats on the job.

Glad you got what you wanted for after the cruise. How many nights will you be there before the cruise? We added a night two. We will be there two night.

Have a good day.

take care
flo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald is #1 View Post
Well, I called MS this morning I was able to move over to BCV for the night before the cruise. This way we will be closer to the Saturday meet. Plus maybe I will actually get to Jellyrolls.
We will be staying at BCV two nights before the cruise.

Robbie, I am glad you were able to change your ressie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvc4life View Post
Good Saturday Morning Everyone!

Well, just to let you know, I am feeling much better today. I did go to work yesterday and did fine. Just tired. So, I must be on the road to recovery! But for three days, ughhhh, I was miserable. Thanks for all the good wishes!

Well, today I have to go in to work too. We usually don't work weekends but today is National Passport Day so my boss wanted to be open to allow people who can't come in during the week an opportunity to apply for Passports today. She asked for volunteers, which there are only four of us in the office, and I was the only one who volunteered. Since we are salary I can't get over time, which is ok, because she said she would give me comp time. Which, hey, 5 hours off of a normal week day when I need to do something with the kids and not have to use vacation or personal time, why not. Especially when Brooke starts softball this year, her games are played during the day so I will need the time off to go to them.

Have a great day!
Chris, glad you are felling better.

Hope everyone had a good Saturday. We did not do much. Just went out to do a little grocery shopping and I added some vacation pics on Facebook. Now, I am getting ready to put DS to bed and get my clothes ready for church tomorrow.
2013 July 4th Family Celebration at WDW, 2012 Disney Fantasy Birthday Cruise, 2011 Disney Dream Cruise, SSR, Member Crusie 2010, & AKV, A Trip of DVC Firsts - BCV, MNSSHP, Sept. '09 Members Cruise, & Kidani, Plans are Made to be Broken ... Feb. 2009, 2002 Land & Sea Honeymoon
Old 03-28-2009, 09:39 PM   #150
FaithTrustnPixieDust
Those that plant kindness gather love! Look for the Extraordinary in the Ordinary!

Hi Flo!

At 2:00am I had to make the last two go to sleep. I would have let them stay up later but we all had to get up early in the morning for practice, field clean up, etc. I think they were all back up before the sun came up this morning. I crawled out of bed at 7:00 to get my shower and then make them breakfast. I made the mistake of promising pancakes for breakfast. Ugh. Cereal will be on the menu for the next sleep over.

Turns out it was raining early this morning so no practice for one of the boys. Our field clean up still took place but I was so lucky. For the field my DS will be playing on they told us we did not have to stay. They were working on the dugouts and did not want the kids out on the field. So, I turned right back around, crossed the street, and headed back home. I have to say this is my favorite sport in town. It is wonderful being able to just walk across the street for the games. It saves so much time. And if you forget something. You can run home and get it.

Soccer game tomorrow. Calling for thunderstorms around the time of the game so we may get tomorrow off too.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: