Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2009, 08:42 AM   #91
KellyJeanDVC
Firm Believer in Faith, Trust & Pixie Dust

Chris - I'm so sorry you're still feeling so yucky. Being sick can really throw your whole life out of whack. I hope you get to feeling better really soon!

Mary - I hope the state of your company is stronger than you anticipate. Maybe there will be a little "silver lining" in there somewhere!

Yesterday was super busy for me and today will be no different. I've been taking on some freelance projects for friends/people I know. Yesterday I completed a four page newsletter for the dance studio. The director has been wanting to implement one and offered to barter with the kids' dance tuition in exchange. She's really happy with it and now has lots of other projects for me to work on. I'm designing some t-shirts through cafepress for our trip to Austria and organizing a fundraiser for her.

She has also asked Courtney to help teach the little girls for two more classes (she currently has one class she helps with and LOVES it). Courtney has a natural teaching ability with those little ones and its nice that the director trusts her to take on more responsibility....but more driving for me!

Today I need to do all my stuff that didn't get done yesterday...mostly listing some things on eBay. It doesn't sound like a big deal in itself, but trying to find the time inbetween running Courtney to dance and Cory to an eye exam always proves challenging.

I hope everyone has a great Thursday!
Old 03-26-2009, 02:33 PM   #92
dvc4life
Disney is my Happy Place

Thanks guys. I think I am on the road to recovery. I keep taking the cold medicine and it is helping a little. Not coughing near as much, or as hard. Mary, thanks for the advice for tea, but I am not a tea drinker. I don't care for the taste of it.

Kelly, sure sounds like you are busy with the kids. I know how that goes. Luckily, my oldest will be 16 in May and will be getting her license to help out more with the running. Although she has been helping this week alot since she has a school permit and can drive to school and back on her own for school events. She can even take her sister to school for me. They grow up so fast!

Hope you have a great day!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-26-2009, 04:56 PM   #93
wltdsnyfan

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvc4life View Post
Good Morning!

Today is the third day in a row that I have stayed home from work. Still not feeling good. It started in my chest and now has moved up to my head. Usually it is the other way around. But I always seem to do things backwards. This has been difficult for me because I usually don't get sick. Not even sure where this came from. But it can go back to wherever it came from that is for sure! Hopefully tomorrow I will be feeling better and feel up to going to work.

Hope everyone else is having a good week though!

And, I don't see any difference since the upgrade. Seems to be working the same to me.

Chris,

Wow! Sorry to hear you are still sick. Hope you feel better soon.

take care and rest.

flo
Old 03-26-2009, 04:59 PM   #94
wltdsnyfan

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWLVR View Post
Good morning everyone - happy Thursday.

Looks like a busy day for me. I've got a couple of big meetings and we also have a "state of the company" meeting. We had about 6 people layed off this week so I'm thinking the state of the company will be a little scary just like most companies are these days.
Mary,

that things go your way. Let us know how the "state of the company" meeting went.

take care
flo
Old 03-26-2009, 05:00 PM   #95
wltdsnyfan

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks guys. I think I am on the road to recovery. I keep taking the cold medicine and it is helping a little. Not coughing near as much, or as hard. Mary, thanks for the advice for tea, but I am not a tea drinker. I don't care for the taste of it.

Kelly, sure sounds like you are busy with the kids. I know how that goes. Luckily, my oldest will be 16 in May and will be getting her license to help out more with the running. Although she has been helping this week alot since she has a school permit and can drive to school and back on her own for school events. She can even take her sister to school for me. They grow up so fast!

Hope you have a great day!
Chris,

My DH wnded up going to the doctor becaue he could not shake it. that is not the case for you.

take care
flo
Old 03-26-2009, 05:04 PM   #96
wltdsnyfan

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyJeanDVC View Post
Yesterday was super busy for me and today will be no different. I've been taking on some freelance projects for friends/people I know. Yesterday I completed a four page newsletter for the dance studio. The director has been wanting to implement one and offered to barter with the kids' dance tuition in exchange. She's really happy with it and now has lots of other projects for me to work on. I'm designing some t-shirts through cafepress for our trip to Austria and organizing a fundraiser for her.

She has also asked Courtney to help teach the little girls for two more classes (she currently has one class she helps with and LOVES it). Courtney has a natural teaching ability with those little ones and its nice that the director trusts her to take on more responsibility....but more driving for me!

Today I need to do all my stuff that didn't get done yesterday...mostly listing some things on eBay. It doesn't sound like a big deal in itself, but trying to find the time inbetween running Courtney to dance and Cory to an eye exam always proves challenging.

I hope everyone has a great Thursday!
Kelly,

GOod for you on the newsletter! Share pics of you have. Hope it works out for you to make some $$$$ to.

That is great news for Courtney. It sounds like she enjoys doing it.

Have a good evening!

take care
flo
Old 03-26-2009, 05:43 PM   #97
rbcheek
Just A Little Goofy

Well, I'm bummed out. We were supposed to go to Anaheim tonight for a special Grand Californian Resort preview for So Cal members, but everyone here got sick and we have to cancel.
Oh well, I guess I'll just be watching the Dis Boards tonight.
VB member since '02 - AKLV member since '07 2530 miles from house to home PO - '98 (1st WDW trip), AKL - '02 (Best resort - ever), OKW - '03 (1st DVC Trip), DCL & VB - '05 (1st Cruise), BCV - '06 (1st w/out kids)BCV- '07, AKV - '08 (1st time back as owners)
Old 03-26-2009, 05:46 PM   #98
KellyJeanDVC

Quote:
Originally Posted by wltdsnyfan View Post
Kelly,

GOod for you on the newsletter! Share pics of you have. Hope it works out for you to make some $$$$ to.

That is great news for Courtney. It sounds like she enjoys doing it.

Have a good evening!

take care
flo
Thanks Flo. I can give you the dance studio's website and you can look at the newsletter there if you want. It's www.DanceFactoryInc.com Click on the "Newsletter" link and you can see it right there.

How is work going so far? Are you still liking it?
Old 03-26-2009, 05:47 PM   #99
KellyJeanDVC

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbcheek View Post
Well, I'm bummed out. We were supposed to go to Anaheim tonight for a special Grand Californian Resort preview for So Cal members, but everyone here got sick and we have to cancel.
Awww man! I'm so sorry to hear about that.
Old 03-26-2009, 05:48 PM   #100
wltdsnyfan

DIS Veteran

Quote:

Oh Boy! I feel so bad for you. I would be bummed to. Hope everyone gets better soon.

take care
flo
Old 03-26-2009, 05:51 PM   #101
rbcheek
Just A Little Goofy

thanks
VB member since '02 - AKLV member since '07 2530 miles from house to home PO - '98 (1st WDW trip), AKL - '02 (Best resort - ever), OKW - '03 (1st DVC Trip), DCL & VB - '05 (1st Cruise), BCV - '06 (1st w/out kids)BCV- '07, AKV - '08 (1st time back as owners)
Old 03-26-2009, 05:54 PM   #102
wltdsnyfan

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyJeanDVC View Post
Thanks Flo. I can give you the dance studio's website and you can look at the newsletter there if you want. It's www.DanceFactoryInc.com Click on the "Newsletter" link and you can see it right there.

How is work going so far? Are you still liking it?

Kelly,

You did a wounderfull job. It looks great. for the poor little baby on the heart monitor.

Job is going well. Thanks for asking. Yes, I do like it. Don't know if it will go any were but I will take what I can.

take care
flo
Old 03-26-2009, 06:45 PM   #103
dvc4life
Disney is my Happy Place

Quote:

Bummer! I know what it is like to be sick and miss something. Tonight is my daughter's spring play and I just couldn't go. There is another performance tomorrow night so I hope to get to go then. I hope you are all feeling better real soon!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-26-2009, 07:02 PM   #104
rbcheek
Just A Little Goofy

Quote:
Bummer! I know what it is like to be sick and miss something. Tonight is my daughter's spring play and I just couldn't go. There is another performance tomorrow night so I hope to get to go then. I hope you are all feeling better real soon!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks Chris, I guess it's more of a bummer missing your child's play. Hopefully someone is recording it for you.
Old 03-26-2009, 07:48 PM   #105
Donald is #1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWLVR View Post
All three have been sent! I don't need anything you listed but keep me in mind if you come across an extra monkey or snake sculpture or some of the other horses.
Thank you! I'll let you know if I get any more of the ones that you are looking for.

Quote:
Good Morning!

Today is the third day in a row that I have stayed home from work. Still not feeling good. It started in my chest and now has moved up to my head. Usually it is the other way around. But I always seem to do things backwards. This has been difficult for me because I usually don't get sick. Not even sure where this came from. But it can go back to wherever it came from that is for sure! Hopefully tomorrow I will be feeling better and feel up to going to work.

Hope everyone else is having a good week though!

And, I don't see any difference since the upgrade. Seems to be working the same to me.
Sorry to hear that you are still not feeling well.

Quote:
Wow, I am sorry to hear that you will have to miss the preview. I hope that everyone gets better soon.

Thanks Kimmar
Go Red Sox & Patriots!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: