Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 03-26-2009, 08:42 AM   #91
KellyJeanDVC
Firm Believer in Faith, Trust & Pixie Dust
 
KellyJeanDVC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 290

Chris - I'm so sorry you're still feeling so yucky. Being sick can really throw your whole life out of whack. I hope you get to feeling better really soon!

Mary - I hope the state of your company is stronger than you anticipate. Maybe there will be a little "silver lining" in there somewhere!

Yesterday was super busy for me and today will be no different. I've been taking on some freelance projects for friends/people I know. Yesterday I completed a four page newsletter for the dance studio. The director has been wanting to implement one and offered to barter with the kids' dance tuition in exchange. She's really happy with it and now has lots of other projects for me to work on. I'm designing some t-shirts through cafepress for our trip to Austria and organizing a fundraiser for her.

She has also asked Courtney to help teach the little girls for two more classes (she currently has one class she helps with and LOVES it). Courtney has a natural teaching ability with those little ones and its nice that the director trusts her to take on more responsibility....but more driving for me!

Today I need to do all my stuff that didn't get done yesterday...mostly listing some things on eBay. It doesn't sound like a big deal in itself, but trying to find the time inbetween running Courtney to dance and Cory to an eye exam always proves challenging.

I hope everyone has a great Thursday!
KellyJeanDVC is offline  
Old 03-26-2009, 02:33 PM   #92
dvc4life
Disney is my Happy Place
 
dvc4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Iowa
Posts: 3,829

Thanks guys. I think I am on the road to recovery. I keep taking the cold medicine and it is helping a little. Not coughing near as much, or as hard. Mary, thanks for the advice for tea, but I am not a tea drinker. I don't care for the taste of it.

Kelly, sure sounds like you are busy with the kids. I know how that goes. Luckily, my oldest will be 16 in May and will be getting her license to help out more with the running. Although she has been helping this week alot since she has a school permit and can drive to school and back on her own for school events. She can even take her sister to school for me. They grow up so fast!

Hope you have a great day!
__________________
Chris
dvc4life is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 03-26-2009, 04:56 PM   #93
wltdsnyfan



DIS Veteran
 
wltdsnyfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Illinois
Posts: 5,717

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvc4life View Post
Good Morning!

Today is the third day in a row that I have stayed home from work. Still not feeling good. It started in my chest and now has moved up to my head. Usually it is the other way around. But I always seem to do things backwards. This has been difficult for me because I usually don't get sick. Not even sure where this came from. But it can go back to wherever it came from that is for sure! Hopefully tomorrow I will be feeling better and feel up to going to work.

Hope everyone else is having a good week though!

And, I don't see any difference since the upgrade. Seems to be working the same to me.

Chris,

Wow! Sorry to hear you are still sick. Hope you feel better soon.

take care and rest.

flo
__________________
wltdsnyfan is offline  
Old 03-26-2009, 04:59 PM   #94
wltdsnyfan



DIS Veteran
 
wltdsnyfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Illinois
Posts: 5,717

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWLVR View Post
Good morning everyone - happy Thursday.

Looks like a busy day for me. I've got a couple of big meetings and we also have a "state of the company" meeting. We had about 6 people layed off this week so I'm thinking the state of the company will be a little scary just like most companies are these days.
Mary,

that things go your way. Let us know how the "state of the company" meeting went.

take care
flo
__________________
wltdsnyfan is offline  
Old 03-26-2009, 05:00 PM   #95
wltdsnyfan



DIS Veteran
 
wltdsnyfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Illinois
Posts: 5,717

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvc4life View Post
Thanks guys. I think I am on the road to recovery. I keep taking the cold medicine and it is helping a little. Not coughing near as much, or as hard. Mary, thanks for the advice for tea, but I am not a tea drinker. I don't care for the taste of it.

Kelly, sure sounds like you are busy with the kids. I know how that goes. Luckily, my oldest will be 16 in May and will be getting her license to help out more with the running. Although she has been helping this week alot since she has a school permit and can drive to school and back on her own for school events. She can even take her sister to school for me. They grow up so fast!

Hope you have a great day!
Chris,

My DH wnded up going to the doctor becaue he could not shake it. that is not the case for you.

take care
flo
__________________
wltdsnyfan is offline  
Old 03-26-2009, 05:04 PM   #96
wltdsnyfan



DIS Veteran
 
wltdsnyfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Illinois
Posts: 5,717

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyJeanDVC View Post
Yesterday was super busy for me and today will be no different. I've been taking on some freelance projects for friends/people I know. Yesterday I completed a four page newsletter for the dance studio. The director has been wanting to implement one and offered to barter with the kids' dance tuition in exchange. She's really happy with it and now has lots of other projects for me to work on. I'm designing some t-shirts through cafepress for our trip to Austria and organizing a fundraiser for her.

She has also asked Courtney to help teach the little girls for two more classes (she currently has one class she helps with and LOVES it). Courtney has a natural teaching ability with those little ones and its nice that the director trusts her to take on more responsibility....but more driving for me!

Today I need to do all my stuff that didn't get done yesterday...mostly listing some things on eBay. It doesn't sound like a big deal in itself, but trying to find the time inbetween running Courtney to dance and Cory to an eye exam always proves challenging.

I hope everyone has a great Thursday!
Kelly,

GOod for you on the newsletter! Share pics of you have. Hope it works out for you to make some $$$$ to.

That is great news for Courtney. It sounds like she enjoys doing it.

Have a good evening!

take care
flo
__________________
wltdsnyfan is offline  
Old 03-26-2009, 05:43 PM   #97
rbcheek
Just A Little Goofy
 
rbcheek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: El Cajon, Ca
Posts: 412

Well, I'm bummed out. We were supposed to go to Anaheim tonight for a special Grand Californian Resort preview for So Cal members, but everyone here got sick and we have to cancel.
Oh well, I guess I'll just be watching the Dis Boards tonight.
__________________
VB member since '02 - AKLV member since '07 2530 miles from house to home PO - '98 (1st WDW trip), AKL - '02 (Best resort - ever), OKW - '03 (1st DVC Trip), DCL & VB - '05 (1st Cruise), BCV - '06 (1st w/out kids)BCV- '07, AKV - '08 (1st time back as owners)
rbcheek is offline  
Old 03-26-2009, 05:46 PM   #98
KellyJeanDVC
Firm Believer in Faith, Trust & Pixie Dust
 
KellyJeanDVC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 290

Quote:
Originally Posted by wltdsnyfan View Post
Kelly,

GOod for you on the newsletter! Share pics of you have. Hope it works out for you to make some $$$$ to.

That is great news for Courtney. It sounds like she enjoys doing it.

Have a good evening!

take care
flo
Thanks Flo. I can give you the dance studio's website and you can look at the newsletter there if you want. It's www.DanceFactoryInc.com Click on the "Newsletter" link and you can see it right there.

How is work going so far? Are you still liking it?
KellyJeanDVC is offline  
Old 03-26-2009, 05:47 PM   #99
KellyJeanDVC
Firm Believer in Faith, Trust & Pixie Dust
 
KellyJeanDVC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 290

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbcheek View Post
Well, I'm bummed out. We were supposed to go to Anaheim tonight for a special Grand Californian Resort preview for So Cal members, but everyone here got sick and we have to cancel.
Oh well, I guess I'll just be watching the Dis Boards tonight.
Awww man! I'm so sorry to hear about that.
KellyJeanDVC is offline  
Old 03-26-2009, 05:48 PM   #100
wltdsnyfan



DIS Veteran
 
wltdsnyfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Illinois
Posts: 5,717

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbcheek View Post
Well, I'm bummed out. We were supposed to go to Anaheim tonight for a special Grand Californian Resort preview for So Cal members, but everyone here got sick and we have to cancel.
Oh well, I guess I'll just be watching the Dis Boards tonight.

Oh Boy! I feel so bad for you. I would be bummed to. Hope everyone gets better soon.

take care
flo
__________________
wltdsnyfan is offline  
Old 03-26-2009, 05:51 PM   #101
rbcheek
Just A Little Goofy
 
rbcheek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: El Cajon, Ca
Posts: 412

thanks
__________________
VB member since '02 - AKLV member since '07 2530 miles from house to home PO - '98 (1st WDW trip), AKL - '02 (Best resort - ever), OKW - '03 (1st DVC Trip), DCL & VB - '05 (1st Cruise), BCV - '06 (1st w/out kids)BCV- '07, AKV - '08 (1st time back as owners)
rbcheek is offline  
Old 03-26-2009, 05:54 PM   #102
wltdsnyfan



DIS Veteran
 
wltdsnyfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Illinois
Posts: 5,717

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyJeanDVC View Post
Thanks Flo. I can give you the dance studio's website and you can look at the newsletter there if you want. It's www.DanceFactoryInc.com Click on the "Newsletter" link and you can see it right there.

How is work going so far? Are you still liking it?

Kelly,

You did a wounderfull job. It looks great. for the poor little baby on the heart monitor.


Job is going well. Thanks for asking. Yes, I do like it. Don't know if it will go any were but I will take what I can.

take care
flo
__________________
wltdsnyfan is offline  
Old 03-26-2009, 06:45 PM   #103
dvc4life
Disney is my Happy Place
 
dvc4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Iowa
Posts: 3,829

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbcheek View Post
Well, I'm bummed out. We were supposed to go to Anaheim tonight for a special Grand Californian Resort preview for So Cal members, but everyone here got sick and we have to cancel.
Oh well, I guess I'll just be watching the Dis Boards tonight.

Bummer! I know what it is like to be sick and miss something. Tonight is my daughter's spring play and I just couldn't go. There is another performance tomorrow night so I hope to get to go then. I hope you are all feeling better real soon!!!!!!!!!!
__________________
Chris
dvc4life is offline  
Old 03-26-2009, 07:02 PM   #104
rbcheek
Just A Little Goofy
 
rbcheek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: El Cajon, Ca
Posts: 412

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvc4life View Post
Bummer! I know what it is like to be sick and miss something. Tonight is my daughter's spring play and I just couldn't go. There is another performance tomorrow night so I hope to get to go then. I hope you are all feeling better real soon!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks Chris, I guess it's more of a bummer missing your child's play. Hopefully someone is recording it for you.
__________________
VB member since '02 - AKLV member since '07 2530 miles from house to home PO - '98 (1st WDW trip), AKL - '02 (Best resort - ever), OKW - '03 (1st DVC Trip), DCL & VB - '05 (1st Cruise), BCV - '06 (1st w/out kids)BCV- '07, AKV - '08 (1st time back as owners)
rbcheek is offline  
Old 03-26-2009, 07:48 PM   #105
Donald is #1
DIS Veteran
 
Donald is #1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: NH
Posts: 6,921

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWLVR View Post
All three have been sent! I don't need anything you listed but keep me in mind if you come across an extra monkey or snake sculpture or some of the other horses.
Thank you! I'll let you know if I get any more of the ones that you are looking for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvc4life View Post
Good Morning!

Today is the third day in a row that I have stayed home from work. Still not feeling good. It started in my chest and now has moved up to my head. Usually it is the other way around. But I always seem to do things backwards. This has been difficult for me because I usually don't get sick. Not even sure where this came from. But it can go back to wherever it came from that is for sure! Hopefully tomorrow I will be feeling better and feel up to going to work.

Hope everyone else is having a good week though!

And, I don't see any difference since the upgrade. Seems to be working the same to me.
Sorry to hear that you are still not feeling well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbcheek View Post
Well, I'm bummed out. We were supposed to go to Anaheim tonight for a special Grand Californian Resort preview for So Cal members, but everyone here got sick and we have to cancel.
Oh well, I guess I'll just be watching the Dis Boards tonight.
Wow, I am sorry to hear that you will have to miss the preview. I hope that everyone gets better soon.
__________________
Upcoming trips: Aug 2012 - AKV Family Trip
Previous trips: Off-site, YC, Disney Institute, CBR, DCL Magic, DCL Wonder, WL, SSR, AKL, OKW, AKV, BWV, BCV, POR, VGC

Thanks Kimmar
Go Red Sox & Patriots!
Donald is #1 is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:50 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.