DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-19-2009, 05:21 AM   #16
Sandisw

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nocruisecontrol View Post
We're seriously contemplating buying in to DVC. I believe are most likely times to vacation will be late March and mid/late September (even with the hurricane risk).

So would my best use year be September?

Barbara
Yes, September would be a great UY for you. You have until April 30th every year to bank points with this UY so both your preferred travel times fall within your 8 month banking window!

Good luck and happy planning!

Sandisw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 04:10 PM   #17
GirlfromTN
Mouseketeer

I am thinking that September would be a good use year for us, since we would probably like to go in Fall (after labor day), Winter (to see Christmas decorations), and early spring (before spring break crowds). Am I correct? Would another month be even better? We'd probably be likely to avoid the hottest months as well as the school breaks.
Polynesian - March 2009
ABD Backstage Magic - June 2009
DCL Wonder 3 night Bahamas - December 2009
Tokyo Disney - March 2010
GirlfromTN is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-23-2009, 05:00 PM   #18
Sandisw

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlfromTN View Post
I am thinking that September would be a good use year for us, since we would probably like to go in Fall (after labor day), Winter (to see Christmas decorations), and early spring (before spring break crowds). Am I correct? Would another month be even better? We'd probably be likely to avoid the hottest months as well as the school breaks.
Yes, September is also good for you. With September, you have until April 30th every year to bank points. All of the times you want to travel fall in the 8 month banking window for September, so if you had to cancel (at least 31 days out), you would still be able to bank your points!

Old 04-03-2009, 06:18 AM   #19
christa112
DIS Veteran

Bumping this Thread!!! This a good one
Old 04-03-2009, 08:11 AM   #20
maminnie
DIS Veteran

Buying Resale-same resort and use year

If someone could give me some advice on this one:

If you currently own a contract through DVC and you buy a resale for the same resort and same use year, can you combine the points when making a continuous reservation which requires points from both contracts?

I thought the answer was yes but a few comments on the boards are now confusing me a bit.

Thank you for your help.
maminnie
maminnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 08:26 AM   #21
chalee94
I thought all sand was ground up rocks
He's used to walking n00bies

Quote:
Originally Posted by maminnie View Post
If you currently own a contract through DVC and you buy a resale for the same resort and same use year, can you combine the points when making a continuous reservation which requires points from both contracts?
it has to be deeded the same and DVC has to put it under the same membership number. they will do this automatically if they notice it, but you should also communicate it to them in case they miss it.

if it's under the same membership number, then yes, you can pool points from both contracts to book a single night.

chalee94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 02:59 AM   #22
Silly Little Pixie
My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
You work yourself up more than it really is, and when it's over you think, huh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald is #1 View Post
In the case of AKV since not all of the rooms are available, then no you will not be receiving 2007 points. If the "unit" that you purchased was complete/open/available, prior to December 2008, then you would have received 2007 points. If the "unit" that you purchased was/will be completed after December 1, 2008, then you will not receive 2007 points.
So to clear my fuzzy head...

If I buy AKV now, with a December UY, I could get Dec. 2008 points, right? Since my unit would be complete/available before my UY begins.

If that is true that will seal the deal with my DH...
DCL Wonder 11/08, B2B 11/10, 3/11, Christmas 2011, 6/13
Magic 11/09, 3/10 Fantasy NYE 12/13
Dream B2B Triple Dip! 3/12

Silly Little Pixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 07:09 AM   #23
Sandisw

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silly Little Pixie View Post
So to clear my fuzzy head...

If I buy AKV now, with a December UY, I could get Dec. 2008 points, right? Since my unit would be complete/available before my UY begins.

If that is true that will seal the deal with my DH...
If you are buying AKL direct from Disney, and they still have December UY points available, then yes, you would receive a set of points for December 08 since that is the UY we are in right now (Dec 08 points are good from Dec. 1, 2008 - Nov. 30, 2009).

I don't believe they can be used until May 1st, when Kidini opens, but you would get your full set of points immediately, plus the incentives, and then another set of points come Dec 1st of this year.

It was the same for BLT purchasers. Some got points for the Feb 09 UY, but can't use them until the resort opens in August.

Good luck!!

Old 04-04-2009, 07:30 AM   #24
disneytraveler
will the real celeb please step forward!
Well i am creative and talented
I'm watching you!

I am thinking of DVC resales for either SSR or OKW. I usually go in September after Labor Day. I was thinking 100.00 per point would be good. Alot of the contracts have August or other months. How would this work for me. I did see a 50.0 per contract but not many.
Old 04-04-2009, 07:42 AM   #25
Sandisw

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneytraveler View Post
I am thinking of DVC resales for either SSR or OKW. I usually go in September after Labor Day. I was thinking 100.00 per point would be good. Alot of the contracts have August or other months. How would this work for me. I did see a 50.0 per contract but not many.
Yes, August would be a great UY for you if you travel around Labor Day. I think you mean you are looking at 100 point contracts, not paying $100.00 for each point.

SSR and OKW resales are passing ROFR around the high 60's, low 70's so I would not pay more than that for each point. SSR has lower MF"s than OKW and it's contract is longer (goes to 2054 vs. 2042--unless the OKW contract you are looking at is the extended version-then that will go to 2057--make sure you know which version it is).

You can find 50 point contract, but they do not come up that often and usually are picked up pretty quickly.

Good luck!

Old 04-04-2009, 08:19 AM   #26
disneytraveler
will the real celeb please step forward!
Well i am creative and talented
I'm watching you!

Thats right 100.00 point contracts.
Old 04-07-2009, 08:04 PM   #27
Silly Little Pixie

Do you get a choice in UY? I talked with a guide today, and he told me I can't get the current incentives if I choose December. He keeps pushing February UY even after I told him I think January is a very likely time for us to go in the future...

Can I ask what other UY are available? I am looking at AKV. I also mentioned October as a UY, but he skimmed over that. How firm do you have to be? I explained my thought about January but he kept saying I can just borrow from February, and if I don't have a trip booked for January then I can bank it, then borrow the next year's allotment if I change my mind and want a January trip.

Not sure I'm having the best luck with guides... I'm really not trying to be difficult, I'm just very thorough before I make a big purchase like this...

Old 04-07-2009, 08:18 PM   #28
Sandisw

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silly Little Pixie View Post
Do you get a choice in UY? I talked with a guide today, and he told me I can't get the current incentives if I choose December. He keeps pushing February UY even after I told him I think January is a very likely time for us to go in the future...

Can I ask what other UY are available? I am looking at AKV. I also mentioned October as a UY, but he skimmed over that. How firm do you have to be? I explained my thought about January but he kept saying I can just borrow from February, and if I don't have a trip booked for January then I can bank it, then borrow the next year's allotment if I change my mind and want a January trip.

Not sure I'm having the best luck with guides... I'm really not trying to be difficult, I'm just very thorough before I make a big purchase like this...
I would really push for the UY that you want. Borrowing points is difficult since once you borrow them, they can't go back. And, with a Feb UY, you would not have much time to use points from a January trip.

If they really won't let you have Dec, then I would at least say you want one of the fall ones (Sept or Oct). If your guide won't give you what you want, ask if you can talk to a manager to see if why you can't have the UY you want--unless it is sold out (and it doesn't sound like that is what you were told), I would really push for a UY that works for your travels.

DVC is expensive and being in a borrowing situation every year, to me, would not be a good thing.

Old 04-07-2009, 08:29 PM   #29
Silly Little Pixie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandisw View Post
I would really push for the UY that you want. Borrowing points is difficult since once you borrow them, they can't go back. And, with a Feb UY, you would not have much time to use points from a January trip.

If they really won't let you have Dec, then I would at least say you want one of the fall ones (Sept or Oct). If your guide won't give you what you want, ask if you can talk to a manager to see if why you can't have the UY you want--unless it is sold out (and it doesn't sound like that is what you were told), I would really push for a UY that works for your travels.

DVC is expensive and being in a borrowing situation every year, to me, would not be a good thing.
Thanks. I don't want to be stressed about keeping track of points, if I can pinpoint the months I think I am most likely to visit WDW (due to kids' school schedules) and keep it simple!

Old 04-08-2009, 12:41 PM   #30
Mtnman44
DIS Veteran

Tell him due to your travel plans you need a Dec use year and if they don't have it you'll buy resale, end of discussion. Oh, and you deserve any incentives as well. I'm guessing that they'll find you the right UY. You're the customer, the boss. Don't let them talk you into something you don't really want.

Good Luck

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: