Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-21-2009, 02:01 AM   #1
ladybugmom
DIS Veteran

"Mommy, When Will It Be Our Turn?!"--May 16-23, 2009 PTR

Table of Contents:

Chapter 1: Introductions
Chapter 2: Booking Our Trip
Chapter 3: ADRs
Chapter 4: A postcard from Cinderella!!
Chapter 5: Another Princess Surprise!
Chapter 6: Crocs, Trip Binder, and Books
Chapter 7: Trip Goodies
Chapter 8: More Crocs!!
Chapter 9: GVB Concert
Chapter 10: Princess Birthday Party
Chapter 11: My New Bag!
Chapter 12: 45 Days!!
Chapter 13: Countdown Chain
Chapter 14: Wordless Wednesday
Chapter 15: Easter
Chapter 16: Can't Sleep!
Chapter 17: Wiggles Tickets!
Chapter 18: My Show
Chapter 19: Mickey Mail!
Chapter 20: Dining Punch Card
Chapter 21: Disney Custom Vent!
Chapter 22: Other Trip Clothes!
Chapter 23: Custom Update!
Chapter 24: WDW Transportation Wizard link
Chapter 25: Park Tip Links!
Chapter 26: Epcot Tip Link
Chapter 27: Dance Pictures
Chapter 28: Hannah Montana movie
Chapter 29: Bibs, Bloomers, & Bandanas
Chapter 30: Ultimate Disney Packing List
Chapter 31: Ultimate Disney Packing List #2
Chapter 32: More Shopping!
Chapter 33: Another Custom Update!
Chapter 34: Yet Another Custom Update!
Chapter 35: Fairy Godmother Katie!!
Chapter 36: Customs were delivered!!
Chapter 37: Customs Delivered #2!
Chapter 38: Mother's Day
Chapter 39: Pictures of Disney Customs!
Chapter 40: 5 Days!!
Chapter 41: Preschool Party & more bows!!
Chapter 42: Photobook opinions?!
Chapter 43: Garden Grocer
Chapter 44: Saturday night Wishes @ Poly
Chapter 45: 4-Year-Old Choir
Chapter 46: Last day of school & packing
Chapter 47: Ready for Disney!!
Chapter 48: We're Back!!
Chapter 49: Questions Regarding Photopass
Chapter 50: Link to TR!!

Hi!! Several people on here have encouraged me to do a trip report--so here goes nothing!! I hope you will subscribe!!

We are headed to WDW May 16-23, 2009 and will be staying at the Polynesian. Dh and I will be celebrating our 10th anniversary!! This will be the first trip for my 2 dd's and they could not be more excited!! This will be my third trip--my first trip was when I was 3 years old and my 2nd trip was the Spring of 1994. I was a freshman in high school and we had a choir competion at WDW. Dh has been several times but it has been awhile.

Time for introductions!!!

Me (Becky)--turning the big 30 in just a few months!! My family and I live in Memphis, TN (well--a suburb really). I am a former Kindergarten teacher and am now a SAHM! I enjoy blogging, bow making, theater, singing, volleyball, shopping, Alabama football (roll tide!!), Facebook (sooo addicted!) and photography. I am very active at my church where I sing solos/duets (with my dh) and sing in our Worship Choir. I am a perfectionist/OCD and take planning this trip very seriously!! (And it's oh so much fun!! ) Dh is constantly asking me, "Are you on that Disney board again?!" (I've been reading a TON of PTRs and TRs recently--plus it's sooo addicting--I know you can relate!) May cannot get here fast enough--so in the meantime I am living vicariously through many of my friends who have gone to WDW in the past few months (and many of you by reading your PTRs).

This is a pic of me from Christmas (I'm usually the one behind the camera)

DH (Brent)--35 and really looking forward to our WDW trip--even if he doesn't always act like it!! Brent is an engineer, Star Wars buff, and HUGE fan of the Crimson Tide (he and everyone in his family went to U of A). He coteaches our Sunday School Class, is a deacon at our church, and sings in the Worship Choir. Brent is the smartest person I know but is also down-to-earth and much more laid back than I. We met in 1996 (when he moved to TN from AL) and were married in 1999.

A pic of us at Christmas

DD (Ally)--4 1/2--a mini-me!! She looks like me and acts like me (scary!!). She will be starting Kindergarten in August and is already reading!! She loves princesses, taking dance (this is her 3rd year), American Girl dolls, drawing, reading, anything Disney, and singing in her preschool choir. She is quite the performer--this past Christmas she asked her choir director if she would be getting her own microphone for their choir performance!! Hee hee! She also loves to pretend she's Sharpay from HSM or Hannah Montana. She thrives on a schedule and when anything deviates from it--watch out! (she may be more OCD than me! YIKES!! What have I created?!?!) I named my PTR from a phrase I hear from her ALL THE TIME! "Mommy, when will it be our turn?!" The past few months I've had at least 7 friends who have taken trips to WDW--she's seen their pics and heard all about their trips and she is READY TO GO--TODAY!! Can't say I blame her! Her favorite princess is Ariel with Cinderella as a close 2nd! She is also my poser (see pics below).

Ally--age 2--Halloween

Ally--age 4--this past Halloween

Visiting AGPNY over Christmas

DD (Claire)--17 mo. (will be 19 mo. during our trip) and my baby!! She is a ball of energy and is my climber--she has no fear! She does not pose for pics like her big sis--what can I say?! Maybe it will come with time. She is also a lot louder than Ally was at this age but is much more cuddly than Ally was. She is precious!! She likes to sing along with us--I think she is going to be a soprano like me! She knows how to make anyone smile--especially if she's getting in trouble--such a stinker!! Many have asked me why we're taking her on this trip and I say why wouldn't we?! They say, "Don't you want to wait until she's older?". I'm like--Disney isn't going anywhere--we CAN come back (and believe me--we will)!

Claire LOVES her baby dolls!

on the car last Sunday morning (not the best pic--took it with my phone)

My girls (4 year and 1 year pics--my girls are exactly 3 years & 3 weeks apart--to the day)

Anywho, it is soooo very late here in TN (almost 3:00 a.m.) so I hope things have made sense!! BTW--I am such the night owl. I get most of my things done after my girls go to bed. I look forward to meeting many of you!!

Coming up--ADRs!!

Last edited by ladybugmom; 05-05-2010 at 12:06 PM.
Old 03-21-2009, 05:43 AM   #2
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

Your daughters are so beautiful!! It's so exciting that you are taking them on their first trip. I can't wait to hear more about your plans.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-21-2009, 07:21 AM   #3
kaysmommie
DIS Veteran

Hi Becky, great start so far. Your family is going to love staying at the Poly. I can see planning this trip has become addicting for you since you are up at 3am. There is so much to read on this board, right? What a beautiful family you have. I love that picture of your DD's , so cute. Of course the AGPNY one is adorable too, Kaylee has that outfit too but of course it was too hot to wear it when we went. Looking forward to more of your plans and hoping you booked a princess meal for your DD's. I posted on my trip report about the menu's and some thing you can do for your Anniversary. I just thought of something else, You can also book a Wishes fireworks cruise right from the Poly. They even decorate the boat. It might be expensive though around $250 I think. Probably there might not be time for that since it's your first trip in a while. Do have a reservation for Coral Reef? I can give you the number there to see about the personlaized menu's, let me know. Here are some of the cake thread links in case you want to order one. At least at Polynesian you can have it delivered to your room if you don't want to have it at say 'Ohana.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....8#post30801088

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2118274

Old 03-21-2009, 07:44 AM   #4
MiaBella05
DIS Veteran

joining in
Caribbean Beach - Oct. '08
Riverside - May '09

Old 03-21-2009, 07:48 AM   #5
Lifelong_Dreamer
DIS Veteran

Hi there! I followed you over from Nichole's report. We are going to be there the same dates.

You are going to love the Poly! Such a beautiful resort.
Old 03-21-2009, 07:59 AM   #6
mindyd
DIS Veteran

Hi,

Your Daughters are Adorable and I am looking forward to see what ADR's you got!
Old 03-21-2009, 08:18 AM   #7
mom2mek
Obsessed with Disney

Woo-hoo! I'm here too! I will come back to read though as I have to go prepare for the onslaught of about 10 kindergartners for my daughter's birthday party! Good times!!

Sara
Old 03-21-2009, 08:22 AM   #8
mommytothreeboys
DIS Veteran

Your girls are adorable! The first trip is SO exciting! We are taking our 2nd family vacation in a month and can't wait! Joining your PTR! Looking forward to riding along for the planning!
Old 03-21-2009, 09:37 AM   #9
MaryAz
DIS Veteran

Hi Becky!
Great start! Avery-my DD and Ally have much in common! Avery also starts K in Aug and is reading and writing already as well. She is just stating dance class and getting her first AMG doll for her bday. She is also very schedule oriented and loves going to sunday school! I hope we can meet up sometime when we are there! Her favorite princess is Ariel and thanks to my buddy Leanne will be in a beautiful Ariel dress to have bkfst at CRT. Her personality is more like my hubby-a little more quiet and shy. My little one is the mini me and a firecracker! SHe is the life of the party!
Avery wanted to say hi to Ally "Hi, I'm Avery-I like your Ariel costume, I am a little shy when I meet new people but I will say hi if I see you at Disney world"
Very excited to read more of your plans!
Old 03-21-2009, 11:34 AM   #10
ladybugmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
Your daughters are so beautiful!! It's so exciting that you are taking them on their first trip. I can't wait to hear more about your plans.
Thank you Lady Lallie!! I can't wait to see their faces when we get there!! I wanted to take this trip while Ally was so big into the princesses--well, and now I'm totally hooked on Disney, too!!
Old 03-21-2009, 11:43 AM   #11
ladybugmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaysmommie View Post
Hi Becky, great start so far. Your family is going to love staying at the Poly. I can see planning this trip has become addicting for you since you are up at 3am. There is so much to read on this board, right? What a beautiful family you have. I love that picture of your DD's , so cute. Of course the AGPNY one is adorable too, Kaylee has that outfit too but of course it was too hot to wear it when we went. Looking forward to more of your plans and hoping you booked a princess meal for your DD's. I posted on my trip report about the menu's and some thing you can do for your Anniversary. I just thought of something else, You can also book a Wishes fireworks cruise right from the Poly. They even decorate the boat. It might be expensive though around $250 I think. Probably there might not be time for that since it's your first trip in a while. Do have a reservation for Coral Reef? I can give you the number there to see about the personlaized menu's, let me know. Here are some of the cake thread links in case you want to order one. At least at Polynesian you can have it delivered to your room if you don't want to have it at say 'Ohana.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....8#post30801088

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2118274
Thanks Nichole!! Yes, this board is VERY addicting!! I spent all day yesterday reading PTRs & TRs!!! Thank you for all the info on restaurants, cakes, etc. (And or the links--makes it easier to find!!). We do not have a ressie for The Coral Reef--I will post our ADRs shortly! Yes, I booked 2 princess meals--CRT & Akerhaus!! Can't get enough princesses!! I wanted to post more last night (or should I say early this morning) but I was too tired!!
Old 03-21-2009, 11:44 AM   #12
ladybugmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiaBella05 View Post
joining in
Welcome!!
Old 03-21-2009, 11:45 AM   #13
ladybugmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifelong_Dreamer View Post
Hi there! I followed you over from Nichole's report. We are going to be there the same dates.

You are going to love the Poly! Such a beautiful resort.
Hi Lessa and welcome to my PTR! You'll be there the same week, too!? Great!! I am soooo looking forward to the Poly. I've heard great things!!
Old 03-21-2009, 11:46 AM   #14
ladybugmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindyd View Post
Hi,

Your Daughters are Adorable and I am looking forward to see what ADR's you got!
Thank you!! Hopefully I'll get to post them shortly!
Old 03-21-2009, 11:47 AM   #15
ladybugmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2mek View Post
Woo-hoo! I'm here too! I will come back to read though as I have to go prepare for the onslaught of about 10 kindergartners for my daughter's birthday party! Good times!!

Sara
Hi Sara!! Glad you made it over! WOW--good luck with the birthday party!! Hope it goes well!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: