Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-26-2009, 12:21 PM   #751
Maza
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayneg View Post
Where you getting them all from?
There will be more Disboarders than crew if we carry on.
Count them... ( actually i am hiding a part of 8...but will reveal all when i am allowed!)

But thats just the FE sign ups...the actuall DIS party is HUGE!!!
Millions of us....
Old 02-26-2009, 12:26 PM   #752
Maza
Mouseketeer

86!!! there are 86 of us so far! (94 with the mystery guests!)
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-26-2009, 12:33 PM   #753
wayneg
VMK AceCaptainWayne
I can't get my mouth to say healthy things

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maza View Post
86!!! there are 86 of us so far! (94 with the mystery guests!)
Glad I didn't offer to buy everyone a drink. It would have wiped out my $300 OBC and some.
  • 2005(Oct) Disney Magic + BW Lakeside, 2005 (Xmas) BW Lakeside, 2006(Aug) Courtyard By Marriott LBV + 1st RCCL cruise,
  • 2006(Oct) Disneyland, Cailfornia Howard Johnson, 2006(Xmas)Comfort Inn LBV,2007(Easter)Fairfield Inn, Marriott Village
  • 2007(Aug)Courtyard By Marriott LBV, 2007(Oct) Disneyland CA, HoJo/Vegas, Flamingo,2008(Easter) Windsor Hills, Disney Wonder, Fairfield Inn
  • 2008(Aug)Country Inn, 2nd RCCL, AKL, 2008(Oct)& 2008(Xmas)Fairfield Inn, 2009(May)Country Inn 2009(Aug)OKW, Disney Magic, Regal Sun
  • 2010(Easter) Hampton Inn LBV 2010(Aug) Royal Pacific & OKW 2011(Feb)H.I. Express LBV 2011(Aug)OKW, Disney Dream, HI DTD
  • 2011(Oct) Fairfield Inn 2012(Aug) Fairfield Inn, OKW 2012(Nov) Fairfield Inn 2013(Apr) Fairfield Inn LBV 2013(Aug) Swan & ESA LBV 2013(Oct) ESA LBV
  • 2014(Jul) Hilton Garden Inn LBV 2014(Sept) Disney Magic 14nt WBTA, Wyndham Bonnet Creek
wayneg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 01:34 PM   #754
kylelover1
Earning My Ears

Hi Wayne,
It's Marianne. I am wondering with the FE since I never did it before, are we buying 94 things? I don't mind, just trying to keep up.
kylelover1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 01:56 PM   #755
wayneg
VMK AceCaptainWayne

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylelover1 View Post
Hi Wayne,
It's Marianne. I am wondering with the FE since I never did it before, are we buying 94 things? I don't mind, just trying to keep up.
Hi Marianne
Maria is keeping a count on numbers her last total in post#749 was 25 adults and 29 children.
There are 94 Disboarders from this thread hopefully all having a meet onboard but not all taking part in the gift exchange.
  • 2005(Oct) Disney Magic + BW Lakeside, 2005 (Xmas) BW Lakeside, 2006(Aug) Courtyard By Marriott LBV + 1st RCCL cruise,
  • 2006(Oct) Disneyland, Cailfornia Howard Johnson, 2006(Xmas)Comfort Inn LBV,2007(Easter)Fairfield Inn, Marriott Village
  • 2007(Aug)Courtyard By Marriott LBV, 2007(Oct) Disneyland CA, HoJo/Vegas, Flamingo,2008(Easter) Windsor Hills, Disney Wonder, Fairfield Inn
  • 2008(Aug)Country Inn, 2nd RCCL, AKL, 2008(Oct)& 2008(Xmas)Fairfield Inn, 2009(May)Country Inn 2009(Aug)OKW, Disney Magic, Regal Sun
  • 2010(Easter) Hampton Inn LBV 2010(Aug) Royal Pacific & OKW 2011(Feb)H.I. Express LBV 2011(Aug)OKW, Disney Dream, HI DTD
  • 2011(Oct) Fairfield Inn 2012(Aug) Fairfield Inn, OKW 2012(Nov) Fairfield Inn 2013(Apr) Fairfield Inn LBV 2013(Aug) Swan & ESA LBV 2013(Oct) ESA LBV
  • 2014(Jul) Hilton Garden Inn LBV 2014(Sept) Disney Magic 14nt WBTA, Wyndham Bonnet Creek
Old 02-26-2009, 03:14 PM   #756
trimix
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayneg View Post
Hi Marianne
Maria is keeping a count on numbers her last total in post#749 was 25 adults and 29 children.
There are 94 Disboarders from this thread hopefully all having a meet onboard but not all taking part in the gift exchange.
That last sentence fits me. As fun as a gift exchange is, it's just one more thing to deal with and a few more things to pack. But I hope to meet most, if not all, of you at an onboard meet & greet.

Yesterday it started snowing before I left work, which is normally just under a one hour commute. Today, between icy roads and alternate schedules / bus routes for the local schools, I am staying home. What I would give to fast forward six months. Instead of freezing in temperatures that still haven't exceeded the freezing point, on the last Thursday of August I will be enjoying a day at sea with all of you!

Disneyland more times than I can count.
WDW 8/2008
Disney Magic - Western Caribbean 8/2009
Disney Wonder - West Coast repo 4/2011
trimix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 06:10 PM   #757
Donyale
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maza View Post
apparently so! we have a similar situation. our youngest DD will be 13...and was really looking forward to the Stack....her sister had a blast last year (at 13)...and she is a little disappointed! Apparently some parents have complained about the age range of the stack being to wide...the difference between a 13 year old and a 18 year old etc etc....and that the kids are not exactly supervised...although imo they are not exactly one on one in the younger clubs...which i think some parents mistakenly think they are!
we will have to see when we get there...but our DD was bored at times in the younger age club last year ( she was 11). Ofcourse she can always hang around with mum and dad!

Please tell me this is no true!! My daughter is 13 and was under the impression she will be in the stack with her brother who is 15. She looks older than 13, maybe I can get her "in"!! LOL
Donyale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 07:33 PM   #758
stsomewhere
DIS Veteran

Matt is looking forward to Ocean QUest. He was bored in the Lab.
stsomewhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 07:41 PM   #759
stsomewhere
DIS Veteran

OT-
I get a not home from Marina's teacher telling me that she has been missing a lot of school, but most of the are medical and excused.

She missed 6 days at the end of Jan. because she had influenza. She was very sick. She went home an hour early becasue I had to reschedule her ortho appointement due to illness.

Plus, 2 days for WDW and cruise

and she missed yesterday due to URI , the doctor wanted her to stay home today but she did not want to miss drama.

It is irratating- I can't control when she is sick. I can only keep her away from the other children.

Erik and I think that it could be her classroom. Matt was very sick when he had her. He caught strep so many times he had to have his tonsils out.(Marina got hers out at the same time). They kept giving it back and forth.

I hate when parents send their kids to school sick.
stsomewhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 08:23 PM   #760
trimix
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donyale View Post
Please tell me this is no true!! My daughter is 13 and was under the impression she will be in the stack with her brother who is 15. She looks older than 13, maybe I can get her "in"!! LOL
Sorry, it's true. Other parents don't think it is appropriate for 17 year olds to act like 17 year olds in front of 13 year olds, so Disney made a change and we heard about it about five or six months ago when people started talking about this change on the main DCL board.

WDW 8/2008
Old 02-28-2009, 02:33 PM   #761
Donyale
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by trimix View Post
Sorry, it's true. Other parents don't think it is appropriate for 17 year olds to act like 17 year olds in front of 13 year olds, so Disney made a change and we heard about it about five or six months ago when people started talking about this change on the main DCL board.
So she will be in the Lab? She was there last time I think and she was 8. I know she enjoyed herself then but not sure about now. Man, she was so happy knowing she'd be with her brother. Not sure when I'm going to tell her!!
Donyale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 07:42 PM   #762
mickeysgirl80
Earning My Ears

Hey all!!! I know it's been a long time since I posted. Between grad school and work, I don't have a lot of free moments. But I found one tonight and wanted to tell you all that my disney BFF and I will be going on our first Western Caribbean cruise!! I cannot wait. But I'm a little unsure about what to do in the ports. What do you all suggest we should do for the ports of call? THanks for this! God bless and happy Mickey!!!

Trips:
1/00(Millennium): All-Star Music
1/02 (Walt's 100th Birthday): All-Star Music
8/05: Coronado Springs
8/06: Port Orleans: French Quarter
8/07: DCL:Disney Wonder (First cruise ever!!!!)/WDW:Beach Club/Polynesian
2008: DCL:Mexican Riviera Cruise/Disneyland (First trip ever!!! Staying at the Disneyland Hotel!!!)
2009:DCL:Western Caribbean Cruise
2012: DCL: Weekend Cruise
2013: DCL: Alaska Cruise (Graduation Trip!!!!!!)
2014: RCCL: Bahamas WDW: All Star Sports
mickeysgirl80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 08:48 PM   #763
kylelover1
Earning My Ears

Okay want august to come really fast? We are expecting 10 to 14 inches of snow today? Should have a snow day tomorrow. Yipee, Kyle is so exceited about staying home. I know Matt was sick earlier (kyle had told me). I hope they are both better soon. Have to shovel again.
kylelover1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 09:02 PM   #764
trimix
DIS Veteran

Welcome Mickeysgirl, whatever your real name may be

What to do in port? Look at the available excursions and choose what interests YOU! Also, look online for alternative activities or excursions you can do with an independent operator.

Advice for everybody flying - check your flights from time to time.
Looking today I discovered schedule changes for both my flights to and from Orlando. The schedule change on the outbound trip will require me to leave about three hours earlier; hopefully tomorrow they will be able to rebook me onto an earlier flight out of Seattle so we can get to Orlando before midnight.
The schedule change for the flight home means we'll need to spend the night somewhere - hopefully one more night in Florida.

The nice thing - because of the schedule changes I hope to be on flights I would have preferred, but were considerably more expensive. Hopefully I'll have the same luck for the trip back.

WDW 8/2008
Old 03-02-2009, 03:02 AM   #765
wayneg
VMK AceCaptainWayne

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeysgirl80 View Post
What do you all suggest we should do for the ports of call?
Everyones different in ports, we tend to just get off the ship for an hour or 2 then back onboard to enjoy the empty ship, you will have to look at the excursions see if anything interests you.
Only thing we might do is the fishing trip at Castaway Cay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylelover1 View Post
Okay want august to come really fast? We are expecting 10 to 14 inches of snow today? Should have a snow day tomorrow. Yipee, Kyle is so exceited about staying home. I know Matt was sick earlier (kyle had told me). I hope they are both better soon. Have to shovel again.
We had a great week last week, made a big difference to the business best weeks takings for 7 months, then they go forcast bad weather again later this week
Quote:
Originally Posted by trimix View Post
Advice for everybody flying - check your flights from time to time.
Looking today I discovered schedule changes for both my flights to and from Orlando. The schedule change on the outbound trip will require me to leave about three hours earlier; hopefully tomorrow they will be able to rebook me onto an earlier flight out of Seattle so we can get to Orlando before midnight.
The schedule change for the flight home means we'll need to spend the night somewhere - hopefully one more night in Florida.

The nice thing - because of the schedule changes I hope to be on flights I would have preferred, but were considerably more expensive. Hopefully I'll have the same luck for the trip back.
We have had about 5 schedule changes since we booked last October, Delta have got to be the worst airline for changes. Just glad we have Biz class for price of coach or I wold not be happy with all the changes. We only paid $665pp then they jumped upto $2,431pp now back down to $1,737pp

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: