DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-12-2009, 02:10 PM   #10
CarolA

Hasn't been overlooked by the Tag Fairy

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisi View Post
I don't know that I would have bought....and I certainly would not buy at today's prices and with today's bargains on travel.

We do prefer the Deluxe rooms to the DVC rooms. I like daily mousekeeping

Knowing what I know now, I think I'd be as happy offsite in a house for cheaper as I am with DVC. And with the bargains Disney is offering right now, I'd think I'd take my chances on bargains.

Well... the "Deluxe" rooms are one of the MAIN reasons I am glad I did buy. Sorry, but Disney's "Deluxe" is a THREE STAR hotel. Yes it's "pretty" but after that it fails EVERY standard for a Deluxe hotel EXCEPT pricing and MAYBE location. And boy do they have PRICING down to an art. At Disney "Deluxe" it's "pay more receive less" and IMHO I was tired of getting ripped of and that was BEFORE the current rates. Even with the "Deals" they are not in the price range for the quality they provide.

Don't believe me, pick a random day. Go search. There are TWO Mobil 4 star hotels in Orlando. Ritz and Peabody. I did several "random" searchs for days this summer. Ritz came up in the $250 range for a standard room. Disney Deluxe... .up to $500 for a STANDARD room. Sure the 4/3 sounds good, but if the "rack rate" is $400 and you pay that for four nights your averge rate is STILL $228 for a room that's not as nice. (I have stayed at Disney "deluxe" and the Ritz. In every way including POSSIBLY location Ritz exceeds or is equal to Disney. Disney has the edge if your ONLY goal for the trip is Disney but.... even then it's very "park" specific. Epcot resorts have great access to Epcot but if you want to go to MK you will be shoved on a bus with folks from up to FOUR other hotels. Gee that's "Deluxe" service?

Seriously I posted once a point by point comparsion on the Resort board... it's funny how poorly Disney measures up. (Even housekeeping is lax. At a Deluxe resort you get daily housekeeping and AUTOMATIC evening refresh including new towels, turndown etc. It's not "if you remember to call and we remember to do it" )

A deal based on an inflated price is just like the loss leaders your "appliance store" does. What's the REAL value?

My average per cost night for DVC is probably well under $100 by now and actually goes DOWN over time even when you add in the annual fees! Heck I could add daily housekeeping and still undercut Disney "deluxe" pricing!

Now I still travel extenisvely outside of Disney. My big vacation this year. Two weeks in Spain and Portugal with NO Disney at all!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: