Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2009, 07:33 AM   #736
CustardTart

I am sooo proud, happy, relieved and impressed - it's a great day...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nskjerven View Post
back to normal, thanks for asking.
Good to hear, Nan...
Grand Floridian Resort & Spa - Christmas 1998 * Dolphin/Vero Beach - Easter 2000 * Polynesian - August 2001 * Grand Floridian Resort & Spa - August 2004 * Beach Club/DCL Wonder - May 2005 * Grand Californian Hotel - NYE 2005 * Polynesian - August 2006 * DCL Magic Western Caribbean - September 2007 * Yacht Club - October 2007 * Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa - December 2007 * Villas at Wilderness Lodge/DCL Wonder Double Dip - May 2008 * DCL Magic Mexican Riviera/Disneyland Hotel - August 2008 * Boardwalk Villas - October 2008 * Animal Kingdom Villas/Hard Rock Hotel Club - Easter 2009 * Bay Lake Tower/DCL Magic Eastern Caribbean & Tortola/Villas at Wilderness Lodge - September 2009 * Bay Lake Tower - June 2010 * DCL Magic Westbound Transatlantic - September 2010 * Old Key West - October 2010 * Sequoia Lodge/Paris - November 2010 * Boardwalk Villas/DCL Dream Inaugural Cruise - January 2011 * Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa/Villas at Wilderness Lodge - November 2011 * Boardwalk Villas - July 2012 * Animal Kingdom Villas/DCL Fantasy Western Caribbean - November 2012 * Boardwalk Villas/Bay Lake Tower - January 2014...
Old 02-07-2009, 08:48 AM   #737
EllaEnchanted
iDIS...resistance is futile!
Champagne Girls Rule!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibouncetoo View Post
You? NEVER!

You know, this dumb furlough we are doing isn't too painful when it's just one day per pay period. But when I think about the TOTAL take-home I'm out for the quarter....it's the same amount as my park hopper and dining plan. That's a PISSA!

But it's better than getting laid off. Gotta consider that with the present state of our economy.
Once in a while right in the middle of an ordinary life...love gives us a fairy tale.

Devout Co-Founding Member of THE CHAMPAGNE GIRLS! ... GET YOUR PINK ON!

Upcoming DIS Cruises
PLATINUM-15 cruises completed; Southern Caribbean 10/4/14 next; We moved near the mouse YAY!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-07-2009, 08:55 AM   #738
EllaEnchanted
Champagne Girls Rule!

Hi All....I know that I have been MIA for a while here....but it's good to be back. Four more months and we'll be paying for our cruise in full and booking our excursions and Palo and Spas. How exciting. Then we just have to pack and go.

I'm getting very excited.
Once in a while right in the middle of an ordinary life...love gives us a fairy tale.

Upcoming DIS Cruises
PLATINUM-15 cruises completed; Southern Caribbean 10/4/14 next; We moved near the mouse YAY!
Old 02-07-2009, 09:26 AM   #739
CustardTart

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllaEnchanted View Post
Hi All....I know that I have been MIA for a while here....but it's good to be back. Four more months and we'll be paying for our cruise in full and booking our excursions and Palo and Spas. How exciting. Then we just have to pack and go.

I'm getting very excited.
Hi Deb! Hope you're OK...

OMG, is that all!!! It's coming around quickly...
Grand Floridian Resort & Spa - Christmas 1998 * Dolphin/Vero Beach - Easter 2000 * Polynesian - August 2001 * Grand Floridian Resort & Spa - August 2004 * Beach Club/DCL Wonder - May 2005 * Grand Californian Hotel - NYE 2005 * Polynesian - August 2006 * DCL Magic Western Caribbean - September 2007 * Yacht Club - October 2007 * Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa - December 2007 * Villas at Wilderness Lodge/DCL Wonder Double Dip - May 2008 * DCL Magic Mexican Riviera/Disneyland Hotel - August 2008 * Boardwalk Villas - October 2008 * Animal Kingdom Villas/Hard Rock Hotel Club - Easter 2009 * Bay Lake Tower/DCL Magic Eastern Caribbean & Tortola/Villas at Wilderness Lodge - September 2009 * Bay Lake Tower - June 2010 * DCL Magic Westbound Transatlantic - September 2010 * Old Key West - October 2010 * Sequoia Lodge/Paris - November 2010 * Boardwalk Villas/DCL Dream Inaugural Cruise - January 2011 * Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa/Villas at Wilderness Lodge - November 2011 * Boardwalk Villas - July 2012 * Animal Kingdom Villas/DCL Fantasy Western Caribbean - November 2012 * Boardwalk Villas/Bay Lake Tower - January 2014...
Old 02-07-2009, 09:37 AM   #740
ibouncetoo
I get excited by the little things!
I follow directions well!!!
I'm not allowed to buy any more craft supplies till I actually MAKE something LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by CustardTart View Post

Yeh, and I'm still trying to whip the siblings into action. Can't get anybody to discuss excursions and stuff. Peg has a big project at work, and I know once that's done she'll be ready to focus on the trip...plus she's an experienced DCL cruiser, so she knows how much fun she's going to have.

I think when I visit Chicago in May, and Dianne gets to meet Cheri and Ian and Sukie, and we regale her with tales of our adventures, she'll be whipping up some enthusiasm.

Not so sure about brother Paul.......well, I know he'll be glad to see his LOVELY SISTERS!

Jackie '99-01AllStar Movies 02-03Many trips DLR '03 Nov AKL/Swan 04 April POFQ Oct offsite/Dolphin 05 Jan POP/WL,3DLR Nov POFQ/Wonder/POP 06 2DLR, Nov Magic DD 07 May DLR Dec SSR/Wonder 08 April DLR May Magic-WBPC Sept DLR 09 Sept WDW/Magic-Tortola Nov DLR 10 Jan Magic-Western, April EBTA 11 Jan 2Day Wonder April LA Repo/Alaska Nov Dream B2B 12 Wonder-Hawaii Dec Fantasy-SanJuan 13 2x DLR, Nov Dream 4 day

Old 02-07-2009, 10:10 AM   #741
iankh
It's never done till it's overdone

Quote:
Yeh, and I'm still trying to whip the siblings into action. Can't get anybody to discuss excursions and stuff. Peg has a big project at work, and I know once that's done she'll be ready to focus on the trip...plus she's an experienced DCL cruiser, so she knows how much fun she's going to have.

I think when I visit Chicago in May, and Dianne gets to meet Cheri and Ian and Sukie, and we regale her with tales of our adventures, she'll be whipping up some enthusiasm.

Not so sure about brother Paul.......well, I know he'll be glad to see his LOVELY SISTERS!

Or, as an alternative, we can drug her.

Old 02-07-2009, 10:13 AM   #742
ibouncetoo
I'm not allowed to buy any more craft supplies till I actually MAKE something LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by iankh View Post
Or, as an alternative, we can drug her.
Well, I don't think that will be necessary, but I'll get back to you on that.

Think I'd better put in a phone call to her this morning, I haven't checked in for a couple of weeks! YIKES....bad sister.

Jackie '99-01AllStar Movies 02-03Many trips DLR '03 Nov AKL/Swan 04 April POFQ Oct offsite/Dolphin 05 Jan POP/WL,3DLR Nov POFQ/Wonder/POP 06 2DLR, Nov Magic DD 07 May DLR Dec SSR/Wonder 08 April DLR May Magic-WBPC Sept DLR 09 Sept WDW/Magic-Tortola Nov DLR 10 Jan Magic-Western, April EBTA 11 Jan 2Day Wonder April LA Repo/Alaska Nov Dream B2B 12 Wonder-Hawaii Dec Fantasy-SanJuan 13 2x DLR, Nov Dream 4 day

Old 02-07-2009, 12:15 PM   #743
EllaEnchanted
Champagne Girls Rule!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CustardTart View Post

Hi Kaz....I'm good thank you for asking. I loved looking at your snow pics. Thanks so much for sharing.

YES it is coming around quickly now....that's all....just four more months until we pay and book and get this party started!!!! WOOHOO!!!!

Upcoming DIS Cruises
Old 02-07-2009, 12:18 PM   #744
EllaEnchanted
Champagne Girls Rule!

Quote:

I'm assuming that both Dianne and Paul are newbies to DCL....it will be so much fun sailing with them and seeing everything for the first time again thru their eyes. How fun!!!

Upcoming DIS Cruises
Old 02-07-2009, 12:34 PM   #745
ibouncetoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllaEnchanted View Post

I'm assuming that both Dianne and Paul are newbies to DCL....it will be so much fun sailing with them and seeing everything for the first time again thru their eyes. How fun!!!
Yep. This will be Di's first cruise ever! She is excited to give it a try but has been a little nervous about sea sickness issues. It is a testament to Peg's persusavie abilities to get her to 'test the waters' on a seven day cruise during hurricane season! And somehow the mention of Ian and Sukie being on the cruise helped persuade her (their reputations preceede them!) She has also met Cheri during a visit to Phoenix and is anxious to see her again. I've also told her about the great group of DIS folk and that there will be lots of playmates on board.

Paul has cruised before (not DCL) but his fiance Jill has not. I don't think Jill was expecting her first cruise to be with Disney though. I think they are imagining kids running wild through the ship, but Peg and I assured them that is not the case. I don't know if she'l be all that interested in the strong Disney theme, but I know she'll love the service and the great folks on this cruise. My brother did confess that he would not object to meeting Mickey Mouse...as he WAS sitting beside me all those years growing up watching the Mickey Mouse Club and Wonderful World of Disney! Plus he has been to WDW with his kids.

Well, hunger has arrived, so it's off to find some lunch!

Old 02-07-2009, 05:30 PM   #746
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

Jackie... tell him Minnie's cuter...

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Old 02-07-2009, 08:32 PM   #747
iankh
It's never done till it's overdone

Quote:
Yep. This will be Di's first cruise ever! She is excited to give it a try but has been a little nervous about sea sickness issues. It is a testament to Peg's persusavie abilities to get her to 'test the waters' on a seven day cruise during hurricane season! And somehow the mention of Ian and Sukie being on the cruise helped persuade her (their reputations preceede them!) She has also met Cheri during a visit to Phoenix and is anxious to see her again. I've also told her about the great group of DIS folk and that there will be lots of playmates on board.
Or ... we could just drug her!

Old 02-07-2009, 09:46 PM   #748
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

Ian... remind me to be careful and watch that margarita you hand me next time... drug her...

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Old 02-08-2009, 08:19 AM   #749
CustardTart

FAO: Everyone on the Eastbound Repo 2010...

I love the title of your thread!!!!!!

Makes me wanna tag along...
Old 02-08-2009, 12:32 PM   #750
cruisin'momto3
Earning My Ears

New here....

and new to Disney Cruising!! We are booked on this cruise and are looking so forward to it!! I am Ali, my husband is Stephen, and we have Lindsay (11), Preston (7), and Anna (4). Looking forward to getting to know all of you! Ali
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: