Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-02-2009, 08:15 PM   #271
KINGBOBOFTHENORTH
DIS Veteran

I have a phone conference scheduled for this Thursday with my Disney rep. Based on the new rumors I reported, I was going to again try to rent Motion. Now there may be some even better options available! This is exciting......WOW! I'll report back on here this Thursday night.

BobK/Orlando
KINGBOBOFTHENORTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 09:23 PM   #272
jfinke
DIS Veteran

Good luck!
jfinke is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-03-2009, 06:41 AM   #273
Jason71
Brother to pirates and corsairs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulemara View Post

If it wasn't raining right now I'd go to DTD just to check the doors of AC and see if they have black stuff over the other 2 doors or if it's still only over the revolving doors.
Yes, all doors covered as of Sunday. Also, rumor is from now on private shows will load from the "back door" (on the waterfront). No more incidents of security leaving the door open and people walking in, lol.
Jason71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 08:09 AM   #274
stoudt6
Mouseketeer

I know the thread topic is PI clubs , but I was wondering if someone can tell me what is going on with Atlantic Dance over at the Boardwalk. Everytime I have taken the time to walk to the entrance and look in I don't see many people. my Questions are the following: Does it get full at all? If not why not close it or perhaps move one of the former PI clubs there. While i'm at it there has been a long standing rumor about ESPN club moving to West side repalcing DisneyQuest, if that would happen maybe a second cub could be moved there.
stoudt6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 10:42 AM   #275
zulemara
Oh Boy! I'm a WDW sailor!
Had a Thriller of a time on the Wonder

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoudt6 View Post
I know the thread topic is PI clubs , but I was wondering if someone can tell me what is going on with Atlantic Dance over at the Boardwalk. Everytime I have taken the time to walk to the entrance and look in I don't see many people. my Questions are the following: Does it get full at all? If not why not close it or perhaps move one of the former PI clubs there. While i'm at it there has been a long standing rumor about ESPN club moving to West side repalcing DisneyQuest, if that would happen maybe a second cub could be moved there.
you can find all the answers to your questions at http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2048392

If you have any others feel free to post them there and I will respond as best I can. I am door host there tonight, so come visit me!

As for AC, I went to PI last night and there is still only black stuff on the revolving doors, not the two doors to the right of that. At first glance it looks like it, but when you stand directly in front of the doors, you can still see in.

zulemara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 02:59 PM   #276
Brian_WDW74
Theme Parks Co-Moderator
Oh, I'm detecting nuttiness.

DISboards Moderator

Another update from Screamscape. Hopefully some life will come back to PI.
Quote:
Downtown Disney & Pleasure Island News - (2/3/09) We’ve heard from a couple of people today confirming that Disney has reopened private bookings for the Adventure’s Club and maybe other venues through to the end of the fiscal year. One source was walking through PI the other evening when they spotted a few suits getting a tour of the site, standing outside one of the club for a time talking when suddenly the outside lights of the club all came back on. It certainly looks like Disney is looking over their options to bring the area back to life in some form.

Brian_WDW74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 04:30 PM   #277
zulemara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian_WDW74 View Post
Another update from Screamscape. Hopefully some life will come back to PI.
/double faint
omg I'm gonna scream, and then I'm gonna cry, and then I'm gonna scream again!

Old 02-04-2009, 09:14 AM   #278
PDJPrinceCharming
I'll be easy to spot. Come & say hello...
Ok I might be losing my mind here & that is very possible

Although I support the re-opening of PI(especially if they bring back the CW) I would inquire on how the pricing would work. Would people pay cover charge for each club or would they offer the all club pass? Let's just say that they open Mannequins, 8-Trax, CW & AC. Would only 4 clubs convince you to buy that "& More" option or would you be willing to drop the money on paying for an all club pass? I welcome the return of PI because it was really depressing taking those pics back in December seeing an empty place, especially the pin cart in front of CW. Here's hoping by September when I go back down, that PI is alive & well.

Movies 2006 & Christmas 2013, Music 2007 & Sports Christmas 2008
Pop 2008, 2009(20th Trip), 2010, 2011(It's a Non Kinda Thing!), Christmas 2012(Podcast Cruise 4.0), 2013, 2014 & Christmas 2014
Art of Animation 2012(Disney Sea Across The Universal)
Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo 2013 Kidani Village Christmas 2013
Boardwalk Villas Christmas 2013
Old Key West Villas Christmas 2013 & 2014
Villas at Grand Floridian Christmas 2013
Polynesian Resort Christmas 2012
Paradise Pier at Disneyland Resort- Christmas 2009
Cabana Bay Beach Resort at Universal- 2014 & Christmas 2014

My YouTube Channel: Pop www.youtube.com/user/SirOwenDisney
PDJPrinceCharming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 10:13 AM   #279
zulemara

If disney was smart(and they rarely seem to be these days) they would just reopen BET(new mannequins), Motion(new 8-trax), and AC and charge 10 dollars/club. With all the press and all the angry people about PI leaving, I bet they would pay it, especially the AC fans. It's what disney does best, raise the price and lower what you get for it(fantasmic anyone?)

I think that's a little ahead of things though. Lets just get those clubs open for A) private events and B) the public and then worry about ticketing I think. I certainly hope something good comes sooner rather than later.

Also a note: PI live's contract has been renewed for 2 months. I won't say who told me, but lets just say you never know who will walk through the doors of atlantic dance on a tuesday night!

Old 02-04-2009, 12:23 PM   #280
Brian_WDW74
Theme Parks Co-Moderator
Oh, I'm detecting nuttiness.

DISboards Moderator

Here's a new rumor posted yesterday by the Orlando Sentinel about Mannequins.

Quote:
Rumor has it that Harley-Davidson has sniffed around the abandoned Mannequins building at Pleasure Island with thoughts of opening a restaurant at the Downtown Disney location. (They already have a retail outlet on the Island). Kind of hard to imagine, but at least that revolving dance floor might get work representing a wheel. Why, look here: part cafe, part museum.

Related unofficial word that other clubs at PI will continue to be rented out for private and corporate events into the fall.

Brian_WDW74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 04:17 PM   #281
zulemara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian_WDW74 View Post
Here's a new rumor posted yesterday by the Orlando Sentinel about Mannequins.
ANYTHING that goes into the 8-trax or mannequins buildings will NEVER get a fraction of a penny from me!

Old 02-04-2009, 08:49 PM   #282
LoriS
Why is the rum always gone????

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGBOBOFTHENORTH View Post
I have a phone conference scheduled for this Thursday with my Disney rep. Based on the new rumors I reported, I was going to again try to rent Motion. Now there may be some even better options available! This is exciting......WOW! I'll report back on here this Thursday night.

BobK/Orlando
Can't wait to hear what you find out!!!!

LoriS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 12:26 AM   #283
Maistre Gracey
Still trying to figure out the mystery of the 'Downy Ball' and the Tag Fairies??!!
Kevin Bacon looks just like me<

Trying not to get my hopes up...

MG

Maistre Gracey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 10:09 AM   #284
AdventurerKat
Cries in her Jello shots
Adventurers Club Addict
Thinks she is invisible to the Tag Fairy, but she's not!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDJPrinceCharming View Post
Although I support the re-opening of PI(especially if they bring back the CW) I would inquire on how the pricing would work. Would people pay cover charge for each club or would they offer the all club pass? Let's just say that they open Mannequins, 8-Trax, CW & AC. Would only 4 clubs convince you to buy that "& More" option or would you be willing to drop the money on paying for an all club pass? I welcome the return of PI because it was really depressing taking those pics back in December seeing an empty place, especially the pin cart in front of CW. Here's hoping by September when I go back down, that PI is alive & well.
Personally, I would pay a cover to get into the AC. I actually used to basically do that way back when before I had an AP for PI and they did not have that "plus five" option. Once in a while I'd end up in 8trax or CW for a bit, but I was pretty much shelling out the $20.00 (or whatever it was for a PI night pass back then) to get into the AC each night I went. And I'd do it again now if they brought it back.
Old 02-05-2009, 11:46 AM   #285
Jason71
Brother to pirates and corsairs...

So a rumor on another board says auditions were announced for VJs, DJs and comedic performers. Supposedly the VJs are for Atlantic Dance...but DJs and comedic performers? Hmmm...

Can anyone with contacts in Entertainment confirm or get more info?
Jason71 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: