Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-18-2009, 08:52 PM   #1486
wmjivey
costume designer extraordinaire

Hi Sharon, we're another Zonie who will be on the cruise, GO CARDS

The Man

DLR - BW Stovall's Inn June 8-11, 2010; 5/23/09-5/30/09 - Tortola on the Magic ;11/11/06-11/18/06 Embassy Suites Grand Beach Vacation Resort; 3/19/06-3/24/06 Disneyland's 50th; 5/28/05-6/4/05: Inaugural DCL trip to Mexican Riviera; 5/28/04-6/11/04: offsite at WDW; numerous trips to DL
wmjivey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 10:14 PM   #1487
sklimuck
Mouseketeer

The Cards rocked today!! Stacey, Kaylah, & I are all from Cave Creek. What part of Phoenix are you from? Sorry I haven't joined in before. But now I found you all, so I will keep in touch.
NCL Pride of Hawaii 06/2007 Carnival Paradise 07/2007
NCL Star 06/2008 Carnival Paradise 9/2208

[img]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/sgp9547x2vnucigr.png[/img]
sklimuck is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-19-2009, 07:34 AM   #1488
wmjivey

We're on the other side of Phx, 101 & I-17. I was very lucky to work for my son's Boy Scout Troop at the game, well I didn't work the entire 4th quarter for some strange reason . Now I need to talk to wife into the fact a Cardinal's Game Jersey is Formal Wear

The Man

DLR - BW Stovall's Inn June 8-11, 2010; 5/23/09-5/30/09 - Tortola on the Magic ;11/11/06-11/18/06 Embassy Suites Grand Beach Vacation Resort; 3/19/06-3/24/06 Disneyland's 50th; 5/28/05-6/4/05: Inaugural DCL trip to Mexican Riviera; 5/28/04-6/11/04: offsite at WDW; numerous trips to DL
Old 01-19-2009, 09:59 AM   #1489
mommybunnyof2
Mouseketeer

FE Gifts

Sign us up for the FE gifts. I'm not really sure what we'll do, but I'll do some research and see what others have done. I'm sure my kids will get a huge kick out of it. Thanks for putting this together.

mommybunnyof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 06:41 PM   #1490
goofygal1975
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy7979 View Post
Bill and I have them. It's nice to not have to worry about it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmjivey View Post
Passports are like trip insurance to us, sure you will save lots money if you don't buy it, but something happens at the Baths how are you all gonna get home? Just a thought

The Man

Yeah, that was what I was thinking. We are trying to save money to see about buying into DVC asap...so my mind has been working overtime trying to see where we can save money. I think we'll get the passports as planned!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofygirl27 View Post
Hi Heather... please add us to the fish extender group... I've been working on my gifts for awhile now. It's starting to get really exciting now that the cruise is getting a little closer!
I'll get you added! I've been thinking about some gifts as well. I've got 2 ideas of things to make. My mom is even getting in on the fun trying to come up with some ideas (and she's not cruising with us! ha)
5/23/09 Magic Tortola

New Member 1/21/09
goofygal1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 02:02 AM   #1491
sklimuck
Mouseketeer

We're on the other side of Phx, 101 & I-17. I was very lucky to work for my son's Boy Scout Troop at the game, well I didn't work the entire 4th quarter for some strange reason . Now I need to talk to wife into the fact a Cardinal's Game Jersey is Formal Wear

Well of course the Cardinal's Jersey is okayed for formal night. I thought everybody knew that!

You're not that far from us..only 20 minutes or so. We just scoot over Deervalley Road to Cave Creek Rd & north. We just used to be us and the javelina (and of course Stacey & Jay), but now the whole world have moved into Cave Creek.

I can just imagine why the 4th quarter lured you away from the Boy Scouts, I was shoveling out my 16 year old daughter's bedroom & kept finding myself sitting on her bed, watching the game instead of shoveling. Lucky you for being able to be at that game!
NCL Pride of Hawaii 06/2007 Carnival Paradise 07/2007
NCL Star 06/2008 Carnival Paradise 9/2208

[img]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/sgp9547x2vnucigr.png[/img]
sklimuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 06:25 AM   #1492
wmjivey

Hey, Sharon are you guys flying Disney or on your own? My sweetie thinks we will be flying togethter if yall book Disney straight through like us

The Man

Old 01-20-2009, 07:18 AM   #1493
itdjbw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofygal1975 View Post
Yeah! It's great to be in cruise mode!!

Does everyone have passports? (not passporter..lol) We still need to get them for me, ds and dh. I read somewhere that you need to have them starting May 31 I think. I'm trying to decide if we should spend the money or not.
Well worth the money - it is valid for 10 years and makes it so much easier.
I have never been without a valid passport since I was 17 and both my kids got one at birth - my motto is 'born to travel - forced to work' ' have passport will travel'. I would hate to find a great deal on a trip and not be able to go because I never had a passport

I've been blessed!!!
itdjbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 07:20 AM   #1494
itdjbw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sklimuck View Post
Hi, I'm Sharon- my daughter Kaylah & I will be cruising with Stacey. To itdjbw (Tarryn) and JMTStone (Taylor) I will send DD Kaylah 16. around to meet them. She doesn't have a shy bone in her body- which is sometimes good and sometimes scarey. But I will tell her there are our teens her age- she will be very happy to know that. Within a day, she will have them meeting every other teen on the ship.
I'm sure the teens will have a blast

I've been blessed!!!
itdjbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 09:31 AM   #1495
justmestace

Thinks California needs Disney cruise ships!
Has snorkeled all over the Bahamas and the Caribbean

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofygal1975 View Post
I have some great news!!! I'm not sure if I posted this here or not...but we were really worried DH wouldn't get aproved for the cruise or the week after (we want to stay at WDW after the cruise). They just started a new process at the end of the year, and they pretty much said not to take all you time off at one time.

Well, he found out today that he is indeed approved for ALL the time he has aksed off of work!! (and he still has a day or so left over!).

Since we are cruising over MEMORIAL DAY, that is one less day he needs to use! So he gets the Thursday and Friday off before the cruise, the week of the cruise, and the next week off! We'll stay at Disney from Saturday we get off the cruise until that Friday morning!

I'm SOOOOO excited .... it is a big relief finally knowing we CAN go on the cruise! LOL

YAY!!!! It wouldn't have felt right without you!!!
justmestace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 09:33 AM   #1496
justmestace

Quote:
Originally Posted by sklimuck View Post
Hi, I'm Sharon- my daughter Kaylah & I will be cruising with Stacey. To itdjbw (Tarryn) and JMTStone (Taylor) I will send DD Kaylah 16. around to meet them. She doesn't have a shy bone in her body- which is sometimes good and sometimes scarey. But I will tell her there are our teens her age- she will be very happy to know that. Within a day, she will have them meeting every other teen on the ship.

And she won't have to be bummed about cruising with two "old ladies"....
Old 01-20-2009, 09:37 AM   #1497
justmestace

I'm back in town now until our trip to Disneyland in March.

I need to count the days....I totally lost track of when we'll be able to book shore excursions. We only have the one in St Thomas to worry about, so it shouldn't be a big deal.

The only other thing we need to do is book transportation from the Hyatt to the port. I'd always used FLTours, but from what I've been reading, that wouldn't be a good idea right now.
Old 01-20-2009, 09:40 AM   #1498
justmestace

OH...and I almost forgot....shame on me!!!

We found out the sex of my very first grandbaby-to-be yesterday, and a more accurate due date.

IT'S A BOY!!!!!!

And he is supposedly due on May 31st! I KNEW I should have arranged to fly straight from Florida to Nebraska!!
Old 01-20-2009, 10:08 AM   #1499
goofygal1975
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by justmestace View Post
YAY!!!! It wouldn't have felt right without you!!!
THANKS!

Quote:
OH...and I almost forgot....shame on me!!!

We found out the sex of my very first grandbaby-to-be yesterday, and a more accurate due date.

IT'S A BOY!!!!!!

And he is supposedly due on May 31st! I KNEW I should have arranged to fly straight from Florida to Nebraska!!
CONGRATS!!!! How exciting!!! It will be close, but first babies sometimes come a few days later!
5/23/09 Magic Tortola

New Member 1/21/09
Old 01-20-2009, 10:14 AM   #1500
goofygal1975
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm back in town now until our trip to Disneyland in March.

I need to count the days....I totally lost track of when we'll be able to book shore excursions. We only have the one in St Thomas to worry about, so it shouldn't be a big deal.

The only other thing we need to do is book transportation from the Hyatt to the port. I'd always used FLTours, but from what I've been reading, that wouldn't be a good idea right now.
We booked REAS, so we will be booking at 105 days, and I think that falls on Feb 1st.

DH is going to book our room soon for the 2 days before the crusie. It is near his mom's house outside of Orlando. We are driving down from AL, so we dont' have to worry about flights. It just seemed cheaper (and easier) to drive down since we'll be down for 2 weeks. Plus we may be bringing my mom and doggie down to my grandmas house in DeLand.

We still have lots of things to do to get ready though! Passport, dress clothes, etc.
5/23/09 Magic Tortola

New Member 1/21/09

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: