Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-15-2009, 04:57 PM   #121
THEVACATIONFAMILY
Mouseketeer

I can't wait....Hopefully I can get some kind of code for the first week of May...Will be my daughters first and I haven't been since 2005-2006..I am counting down the days 107 and a wake up

Halloween At Disney World!!!!!!
Who can ask for anything more?

THEVACATIONFAMILY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 05:27 PM   #122
southernnomore
Earning My Ears

Smile Stupid Question

Ok so this may or may not be a stupid question but... how does the free dining work? Do you get to eat free while you are staying at a resort? Surely there is more to it. Thanks for clarifying.
southernnomore is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-15-2009, 06:01 PM   #123
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnomore View Post
Ok so this may or may not be a stupid question but... how does the free dining work? Do you get to eat free while you are staying at a resort? Surely there is more to it. Thanks for clarifying.
If there is a free dining promotion offered, guests qualifying for that promotion may book a full-price room plus tickets package and the regular dining plan is thrown in for free. WDW has required a minimum 3 night stay and maximum 14 night stay for free dining. Availability of the packages is limited - during the general public free dining period in late August through September, some of the resorts do sell out of promotion rooms. You must pay full price for the room (free dining is not combinable with other discounts), and everyone on the reservation age 3 or over must purchase some type of park ticket.

Free dining has not been offered for booking by the general public anytime outside of August/September/first week of October, but it has been offered at other times by targeted PIN offers and to Disney Visa cardholders.

Last edited by TDC Nala; 01-15-2009 at 06:10 PM.
TDC Nala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 08:24 PM   #124
southernnomore
Earning My Ears

Thank you, that is helpful. The park tickets you purchase, is there a certain amount of days you have to buy or have to be a hopper? Since we are planning to go in Sept. that would be a great deal!
southernnomore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 08:44 PM   #125
TDC Nala
Diet Coke on Ice or Else

DISboards Moderator

You can buy any length of ticket, but you must buy at least a one-day base ticket.
Old 01-16-2009, 09:04 AM   #126
rbramblett
Mouseketeer

[QUOTE=beroh2253;29486649]Keep an eye out for April around the 6-9th and even earlier for the Visa Rewards card holders. I hope the regular DDP like the Bounce back offered.[/QUOTE

How does Disney Visa notifiy you? I got a card for this exact reason. Thanks.
Old 01-16-2009, 04:37 PM   #127
beachgrl001
DIS Veteran

Well I have decided to join in the wait for free dining.

I had originally booked BBFD but DH was laid off for 3months so I cancelled. Now he is at a new job and as long as it continues to work out we will be able to take the kids to WDW we could really use a vacation after all the stress of the past few months! This would be our 3rd time with free food
Old 01-16-2009, 05:45 PM   #128
candielips
DIS Veteran

Subbing.
We booked back in Nov 2008 for Aug/Sept 09 on the watch for the free dining. If not I have the room booked at the 40% off room. And yes I know I cannot combine both codes, but I booked it as such just in case the free dining does not get offered or if it is more economical for me to stay w/ the 40% off.
Old 01-16-2009, 06:06 PM   #129
Nitewarrior
Earning my Ears

Is this free dining like just snack or what? We are staying at CBR Sept 12 -17. Dont know much about it
Old 01-16-2009, 06:26 PM   #130
TDC Nala
Diet Coke on Ice or Else

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitewarrior View Post
Is this free dining like just snack or what? We are staying at CBR Sept 12 -17. Dont know much about it
It is the full regular Disney dining plan - one CS meal, one TS meal and one snack for each night of your stay.
Old 01-16-2009, 10:38 PM   #131
tkitty
DIS Veteran

OK, i am nuts , Can't get any package (room and tickets) that is cheap enough for my plan as I deviously thought up a moment ago. Foiled again.
Guess I'll just pay for dining if we really want it, after all, the 2 bdrm Villa is free! hehe
Grew up near DL-Disneyland grad nite jr hi 1973-High school 1976 *1999 Land & Sea pkg - Contemporary/Disney*2005 First Disneyland trip with Grandson*2006 WDW Aug. POFQ*2008 Disneyland trip (first for granddaugter)*WDW-OKW & ASMu Oct 2009*Best DL trip ever May 2010* 1st MHP-DL! Oct 2011* OKW/POFQ Grandkids trip Oct 2012

tkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 12:37 AM   #132
Jen'sgirls
Earning My Ears

Free dining ??How does it come about or how can you get it!!

Hosw does this free dining come about and must you have already booked your trip and go with their dining plan??This is the 1st time we are taking our 3 girls and free or anything that will save us some money would be wonderful
Thanks in advance
P.s someone had also mentioned something about bouncing Back??again I haven't a clue please Help
Jen'sgirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 06:17 AM   #133
frogchick75
Earning My Ears

I know this is a crazy pipe dream and question but do you think they would ever give the Deluxe DDP as free? I know crazy thinking, but a girl can dream, right?
frogchick75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 07:00 AM   #134
stepdisney
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
I instantly turned into "one of those moms"
I think I'm going to start looking for ways to fit jive into my daily vocabulary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen'sgirls View Post
Hosw does this free dining come about and must you have already booked your trip and go with their dining plan??This is the 1st time we are taking our 3 girls and free or anything that will save us some money would be wonderful
Thanks in advance
P.s someone had also mentioned something about bouncing Back??again I haven't a clue please Help

This year will mark our 4th free dining trip so ask away.

How does this free dining come about?

Free dining is a promotion Disney offers in various ways, (a) Bounceback (b) Offer to Disney Visa Card Holders (c) Offer to random customers through regular mail or email also known as a PIN NUMBER offer (d) Offer to general public. I'll explain each one.

Bounceback means that you took a trip to Disney and booked future trip before you checked out of your Disney Resort. This entitles you to some sort of discount for your future trip. While we were on vacation this past September, we booked our vacation for Aug/Sept 2009 which qualified us for free dining THIS YEAR.

If you have a Disney Visa, you receive discount offers throughout the year before the general public receives the offers. One offer has been free dining. Last year, we booked our free dining trip before the general public was offered the free dining offer which gave us choice of resorts before they were all sold out.

This year, for the first time, they have been offering free dining through pin offers which means they send random mailings to some customers or emails which entitle you to discounts. You have to use the pin number on your email or postcard to book the discount and it is not transferable.

Last, but certainly not least, they will offer free dining to the general public. The commercials will broadcast on TV, if you go to the web site, you will see the offer. At this time, anyone can book free dining which means you book your vacation at a Disney resort at regular rack rate and add at least a 1 day ticket for everyone on reservation and you will receive the DDP free. In the past, this has been the regular Disney dining plan which is 1 counter service, 1 table service and 1 snack credit per day for every night you stay at the Disney resort for ALL on your reservation.

Must you have already booked your trip and go with their dining plan??

Not sure what you are asking but I think you are saying is it for trips already booked. Some book their trips and then call in and add the discount codes and some book fresh when the offer comes out. Remember, there is no promise that the resort you have booked will have rooms available for the offer. Each resort is only allotted a certain amount of rooms to book for free dining offers. Having said that, I have booked twice with general public offers and booked ahead of time and didn't have to change resorts, they just added the code to my existing reservation and we got free dining.

I hope I helped some. If not, keep asking. I'll try to explain.

Hope all your Disney wishes come true.

June 2000 1st trip off site~Oct. 2005 POP~ Aug/Sept. 2007 WL~Aug/Sept. 2008 AKL ~Aug/Sept. 2009 Kidani Village~Aug/Sept. 2010WL/Grand Gathering~ Aug. 2011 YC Aug. 2012 YC CL~Aug. 2014 AKL
stepdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 11:21 AM   #135
my3squeals
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepdisney View Post

This year, for the first time, they have been offering free dining through pin offers which means they send random mailings to some customers or emails which entitle you to discounts. You have to use the pin number on your email or postcard to book the discount and it is not transferable.
Actually they have done this in the past. We booked in 2005(first year of free dining) with a pin code postcard very early on and way before it was released as a general public code.

So anything is possible
my3squeals is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dvc members, free dining, passholders

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: