Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-13-2009, 05:13 PM   #106
lacrosse_lady72
I <3 Disney

I'm just looking to clarify here...

So if I book 2 nights right now for the WL at rack rate and have a one-day myw ticket, later on if FD is offered, I can upgrade to FD without having to re-reserve the room?

I heard the WL is one of the trickier resorts to reserve rooms for FD.

Also, I can select the Deluxe DP if I want and pay the difference between the basic and deluxe, correct?

Thanks all!

WDW: JULY/AUGUST 2002, MARCH 2004, MARCH/APRIL 2005, SEPTEMBER 2006, SEPTEMBER 2007, SEPTEMBER 2008, SEPTEMBER/OCTOBER 2009, APRIL 2010, SEPTEMBER 2011, SEPTEMBER 2013
DLR: APRIL 1998, DECEMBER 2005, JANUARY 2012, JANUARY 2013, NOVEMBER 2013

lacrosse_lady72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 05:51 PM   #107
LegoMom3

Me and mine are way overdue

This was not my experience. Last year I had a package already reserved, and was told that if FD came out, it would have to be re-booked, because there are only a certain # of rooms allocated to this special. But I think I've read of others who did "add on" so it's either a misunderstanding or a difference in how CM's and TAs handle it.

Also, I believe FD has needed a minimum of 3 nights to qualify in the past?

The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-13-2009, 09:15 PM   #108
la79al
DIS Veteran

Free dining dates?

I know there is no guarantee that free dining will be offered next year. But I am wondering what the traditional dates have been for this. I am trying to decide on taking our trip end of June or early August and if I can get the room cheaper AND get free dining, that will be the clincher.
Old 01-14-2009, 02:48 AM   #109
raph_b
Proud Redhead

Is free dining open to UK residents?

What I mean is , if free dining comes out, would I be able to call up the US number and book a free dining package?

Or is it only open to US residents?

Thanks
Feb 1999 - DLRP - Sequoia Lodge (4 nights)
May 2007 - DLRP - Daytrip
Sep 2008 - WDW - Offsite (2 weeks)
Mar 2009 - DLRP - Hotel New York (3 nights)
Nov 2009 - DLHK - Daytrip
Sep 2010 - WDW - Last trip before its time to have babies!

Thank you O' great Tag Fairy - You have made this Proud Redhead a very happy bunny!!
raph_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 07:08 AM   #110
clrklady
Earning My Ears

I received an email with a 40% pin. So what I'm seeing here is that I should book a room and then if free dining becomes available (my time frame is sometime in September possibly) I can then choose to upgrade to a package and get the free dining....or keep the 40%. Can someone verify that I am on the right track?

Would the 40% apply to the whole package if I chose to book that rather than a room only?

This is the first time I've received a pin#, and although I didn't intend on visiting WDW this year, I really hate to pass up this offer.....
clrklady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 07:48 AM   #111
foxlore
Mouseketeer

Well one thing to consider when choosing between June and September is the weather. Personally, free dining wouldn't be enough to entice me to come to WDW during hurricaine season. We live here now and I'm planning to leave next summer for a couple weeks the tail end of July and early August, because it's hot and rainy... My feeling is this is our summer "vacation" and it's raining every day... So we're heading north. LOL If DS wasn't in school I'd go August and September... October still has more rain than we're having this time of year, but nothing like August and September. May and June were nice... Still, it's one heck of a trade-off for 9 months of great weather! You couldn't pay me to move north permanently again!

At any rate, don't be swayed by the lure of free dining... Really consider what's important to you. A trip to Disney, no matter the "deal", is still expensive. I know I want to get the most out of it and being stuck in a hotel room during thunderstorms (remember it's not just rain here) isn't my idea of a vacation... Then again everyone is different!
foxlore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 08:12 AM   #112
clrklady
Earning My Ears

I guess I've just been very fortunate in my travels to Florida. Believe me, I was born, raised, and still live in upper Illinois and I know the hassles of cold winters! I think I would prefer the hot and humid weather in Florida (my sister lives close to Orlando, and she leaves the state during the summer because her son has asthma) I know Sept/Oct/Nov is the hurricane season...but I've been to WDW in all three of those months, and while it was touch and go a few times, it over all has been pretty good. Hey, I went in April during my birthday week last year and it poured rain for a solid 24 hours! So I would say it's pretty much a crap shoot most of the time. You never know what you will get until you are there...I also went in Sept of last year, and the weather was beautiful! So I figure you just go when you can and hope for the best!
clrklady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 10:49 AM   #113
moneysaver3
Earning My Ears

Subbing to the thread for the announcement!

Amy
moneysaver3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 03:10 PM   #114
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lacrosse_lady72 View Post
I'm just looking to clarify here...

So if I book 2 nights right now for the WL at rack rate and have a one-day myw ticket, later on if FD is offered, I can upgrade to FD without having to re-reserve the room?

Thanks all!
Probably not for 2 nights. The free dining promotion has a 3 night minimum.
Old 01-15-2009, 11:27 AM   #115
DISNEYNY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nezy View Post
I am subscribing to this threwad.
For the last 2yrs we have gone in late Aug and got Free Dining. We have never been offered the bounceback rate. Not a mention of it. Is this only given in Sept?oct or for certain guests?
We have gone late August for the last three years. We were offered bounceback at POP last year. We are booked for Aug 23 - 30 for this year. I don't know how they decide who gets the offer.
2000 & 01 OFF SITE, 02 ASSP, 03 ASMU, 04 POP, 05 POR, 06 ASMO, 07 ASMU AND SSR, 08 POP,Dec 08 ASSP , Aug 09 CBR & ASSP , Dec 09 POP Feb 10 ESPN wknd, Aug 10 AKL-ASMU Free dining, POR Dec 10 FDP Disneyland July 11

DISNEYNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 11:35 AM   #116
DISNEYNY
DIS Veteran

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by la79al View Post
I know there is no guarantee that free dining will be offered next year. But I am wondering what the traditional dates have been for this. I am trying to decide on taking our trip end of June or early August and if I can get the room cheaper AND get free dining, that will be the clincher.
In 2007 FD started on Aug 26. In 2008 it was Aug 24. I was offered bounceback last year and the offer I got for 2009 started on Aug 23. I would love it if they would offer earlier dates...in 2006 I believe it started on Aug 13. I would prefer to go earlier in August too...if they do I will be switching my dates.
2000 & 01 OFF SITE, 02 ASSP, 03 ASMU, 04 POP, 05 POR, 06 ASMO, 07 ASMU AND SSR, 08 POP,Dec 08 ASSP , Aug 09 CBR & ASSP , Dec 09 POP Feb 10 ESPN wknd, Aug 10 AKL-ASMU Free dining, POR Dec 10 FDP Disneyland July 11

DISNEYNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 11:42 AM   #117
SGMCO
Vintage Style is Sweet--Rumbleseat Fashions

The ONLY way I Knew about the Bounce back offer was that I
hang out here on Dis. I had to go to the Customer Service Desk
and ask about it and was given a Flier--they were out of fliers
and had to run me off a copy. But I got the BB Offer.
Old 01-15-2009, 12:32 PM   #118
RMulieri
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by clrklady View Post
I received an email with a 40% pin. So what I'm seeing here is that I should book a room and then if free dining becomes available (my time frame is sometime in September possibly) I can then choose to upgrade to a package and get the free dining....or keep the 40%. Can someone verify that I am on the right track?

Would the 40% apply to the whole package if I chose to book that rather than a room only?

This is the first time I've received a pin#, and although I didn't intend on visiting WDW this year, I really hate to pass up this offer.....
You can't have both the 40% and free dining ...you have to choose.The 40% off is only off the room portion of the pkg.You need to sit down and crunch some numbers to see which would be more worthwhile for you.
Old 01-15-2009, 12:33 PM   #119
RMulieri
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by raph_b View Post
Is free dining open to UK residents?

What I mean is , if free dining comes out, would I be able to call up the US number and book a free dining package?

Or is it only open to US residents?

Thanks
UK residents have their own free dining promotion. I believe that was already offered to UK residents for 2009.
Old 01-15-2009, 02:15 PM   #120
Tomh
DIS Veteran

I booked starting on the 23rd of Aug, so I'm hoping that they offer it starting on the 23rd like the bounceback. I'm sure that the food all tastes 30% better when you are getting it for free

Tags
dvc members, free dining, passholders

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: