Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2009, 01:45 PM   #91
RMulieri
DIS Veteran

It is announced early April.No one can say for sure, until it is announced,but I am sure they will offer it again.
Old 01-12-2009, 01:56 PM   #92
khighgirl
Earning My Ears

Free Dining Upgrade

Quick question...if the free dining is just for the QS dining plan can we pay the difference to upgrade to one of the other dining plans?

Thanks,
Kelli
khighgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-12-2009, 01:59 PM   #93
wdwcps99
Earning My Ears

This free dining thing is news to me. I am booked at All Star Movies from October 13-23 on the MYW + Dining plan with 10 day PH tix. What can I do to possibly take advantage of this? Please give me all the advice you can! Thanks all.
wdwcps99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 02:42 PM   #94
VWB
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwcps99 View Post
This free dining thing is news to me. I am booked at All Star Movies from October 13-23 on the MYW + Dining plan with 10 day PH tix. What can I do to possibly take advantage of this? Please give me all the advice you can! Thanks all.
Hi... I have only done the Free Dining one time, last year. It is only offered during a limited time. I believe it starts around mid August and goes through end of Sept or beginning of October. Free Dining is where you book your package like you did but if it falls during this time frame you would not have to pay for the dining portion. You would have to call back and have Disney add the "Free Dining" option. If you used any kind of PIN or savings offer when you booked originally you would not be able to get both Free Dining and the PIN savings. We will not know if Disney is offering the Free Dining option until beginning of April. Just keep a watch on this thread and it should tell if when and if it is being offered.
Coronado Springs Sept. 2009
Coronado Springs Oct. 2010

VWB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 02:53 PM   #95
orourkco
Secretly Planning

READ IT HERE FIRST!
I just got off the phone with the disney people and I specifically asked if free dining comes can I switch and he said that they can bump it onto my reservation. I booked the room (40% off) and tickets and dining already. So, I guess we will have to wait to see what happens.
orourkco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 02:59 PM   #96
VWB
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by orourkco View Post
READ IT HERE FIRST!
I just got off the phone with the disney people and I specifically asked if free dining comes can I switch and he said that they can bump it onto my reservation. I booked the room (40% off) and tickets and dining already. So, I guess we will have to wait to see what happens.
WOW!!! I sure hope you are correct. That would be really nice!!! When I booked my reservation I explained to them that I wanted to use the 40% off PIN and that I was going to call back and add Free Dining if it is offered. The lady told me at that point that they could only use one "code" (PIN or FREE DINING) per reservation so I would have to pick which one I would want to use. I really hope that is not the case because that would be a GREAT DISCOUNT!!!
Coronado Springs Sept. 2009
Coronado Springs Oct. 2010

VWB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 03:02 PM   #97
lsutiggergirl
Mouseketeer

I've talked to 3 different cast members who said it would be one or the other....but yeah that would be great!
lsutiggergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 03:39 PM   #98
foxlore
Mouseketeer

DH and I just returned from a couple days at WDW... Stayed at CSR - so nice after remodel. The bed was kind of hard and if you're picky about pillows I'd bring your own - JMO. Otherwise it was quite nice.

At any rate, that's just a sidenote. We booked DDP with our trip and we made it worthwhile monetarily, but for the most part I don't know that I'd book the regular DDP again - I think I'd either upgrade to the Deluxe (on a shorter trip - no way we could eat that much for a longer period) or just use TIW etc...

Why? Well, first of all there's no appetizer with the standard plan anymore nor is the tip covered. We initially were going to eat at Spoodles, but cancelled and ate at Marrakesh. We generally drink water - so the drink for TS is moot for us. Dinner and dessert at Spoodles would have run about $26 for what we'd likely order. An average CS lunch would be around $12 with drink and dessert (with some exceptions) and a typical snack is $2-3... So, do the math - you're talking roughly $40 in food and DDP is $40 - not a savings...

So, figure out what you're going to eat and where and then decide whether or not it's worthwhile. We did make it very worthwhile. We went to Marrakesh - I agree with the recent reviews - it's not as good as it was before. However, it was still good - only negative was overcooked chicken. We got the Royal Feast $43 - found out afterwards that they are going to start charging $6 pp for the appetizer if you order it... They didn't charge us, but it's an FYI. Our bill was $97. We then had two snacks $7.50. Then went to DTD this afternoon for lunch at Wolfgang's... bill was $42. So, our dining was $146.50. Well worth the cost of the DDP... We only stayed 2 days (we're local) so split it between two days - ate OOP lunch yesterday and came home early today - weather is rather ugly...

We're now thinking of getting TIW for the future... We have to run the numbers and see what's most worthwhile overall... So, unless it's free dining and a discount on the room I'm just not sure it's worth the $$ overall anymore...
foxlore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 04:50 PM   #99
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

You won't get both the 40% off the room plus free dining. Disney does not stack discounts. You'd have to choose one discount or the other.
Old 01-12-2009, 11:57 PM   #100
anewmac
Ive got nothing planned whats an OCVP to do?

maybe going in August 9-19 and this would be awesome. I know I cant stack codes. We were going to book the room with military discoutn that just came out but if free dinning comes out that would be a better deal. save around 800. granted we have to pay full price for the hotel but still a better savings.
Old 01-13-2009, 09:43 AM   #101
diseverestfan
WDW Fan

Would we be eligible..........

Hi. We are non-DVC members but are booked at the Beach Club Villas September 13th to the 19th. Last week I got a PIN code for 40% off, but I was unable to use it at the Villas. Does anyone know if we might be able to get free dining? I have read the new sticky and it says free dining can't be applied to DVC reservations.
Old 01-13-2009, 10:31 AM   #102
Tomh
DIS Veteran

Of course, we won't really know for sure until there is an official announcement, but I would assume that they will allow you to apply it since you are not staying on DVC points, but instead paying rack rate for a DVC unit.
Old 01-13-2009, 10:37 AM   #103
diseverestfan
WDW Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomh View Post
Of course, we won't really know for sure until there is an official announcement, but I would assume that they will allow you to apply it since you are not staying on DVC points, but instead paying rack rate for a DVC unit.
Thanks.........I hope so!
Old 01-13-2009, 11:09 AM   #104
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by diseverestfan View Post
Hi. We are non-DVC members but are booked at the Beach Club Villas September 13th to the 19th. Last week I got a PIN code for 40% off, but I was unable to use it at the Villas. Does anyone know if we might be able to get free dining? I have read the new sticky and it says free dining can't be applied to DVC reservations.
It cannot be applied to DVC points reservations. I believe it's been available with full price package reservations at DVC resorts made through CRO. You'd have to check for availability once the offer is made.
Old 01-13-2009, 04:55 PM   #105
lacrosse_lady72
I <3 Disney

WOW, you would think people would have read the part about subscribing so that we didn't have to read endless posts about subscribing...................

Glad to know this is here though so I can check on it and be ready.

WDW: JULY/AUGUST 2002, MARCH 2004, MARCH/APRIL 2005, SEPTEMBER 2006, SEPTEMBER 2007, SEPTEMBER 2008, SEPTEMBER/OCTOBER 2009, APRIL 2010, SEPTEMBER 2011, SEPTEMBER 2013, SEPTEMBER 2015
DLR: APRIL 1998, DECEMBER 2005, JANUARY 2012, JANUARY 2013

lacrosse_lady72 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dvc members, free dining, passholders

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: