Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2009, 08:26 AM   #76
JLSE50
DIS Veteran ** I am a post menopausal woman--my brain leaks. ** I'm allergic to idiots, I just decided.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyRN1 View Post
Thanks Jan for the front page. I hope I didn't discourage you too much from seeing Marley-it really was a funny movie, and I enjoyed it up until the last 10 mins or so. I was the only one who left-just a whimp I guess, but we had to put one of our dogs down several years ago, and it was horrible

BTW, for those "in the know"-----what is the tables in Wonderland deal that has been mentioned? Thanks,Vicki
Not to worry. We don't go to movies much and the ones we see are Disney or Pixar's. We never owned a dog and while our son and his wife have two and we are fine with them, I do not have the connectedness to dogs that dog owners have so a dog movie would probably not do much for me.

I do not mind knowing what movies are about anyway--so, no problemo.

Everyone: check your page one entries--info in post 1 and photos in post 2 for accuracy--typos run rampant at my house--and check my self-tag--I am a post menopausal woman and my brain leaks. (That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.) Make sure your names are included if you want them.

Jan
DL--6x; WDW x 26; Fort Wilderness - a lot; DVC Members since 2000; OKW x 7; DVC Vero Beach x 5; DVC Wilderness Villas x 2; DVC Hilton Head x 1; DVC Boardwalk x 2; DVC Beach Club x 1; DVC Saratoga Springs x 1; SS Tree House x 1; Bay Lake Towers x 2; DCL MAGIC x 8; DCL WONDER x 4; DCL DREAM x 3; DS#1 engaged to DG (Darling Girl) on the WONDER 9/4/06; WESTBOUND PANAMA CANAL 5/10/08 MAGIC; EASTERN CARIBBEAN FAMILY TRIP 9/12/09 MAGIC; TRANSATLANTIC 4/10/10 MAGIC; 5/15/11 DREAM; North to ALASKA 8/9/11 WONDER; FAMILY TRIP 10/30/11 DREAM; HAWAII 4/ 29/12 WONDER; DVC MEMBER CRUISE 9/16/12; 6/27/13 - MAGIC in the Med (Venice) 10/26/14 Eastern Caribbean Family Cruise - ON THE MAGIC AGAIN!
Old 01-08-2009, 09:38 AM   #77
rotary2808
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLSE50 View Post
Not to worry. We don't go to movies much and the ones we see are Disney or Pixar's. We never owned a dog and while our son and his wife have two and we are fine with them, I do not have the connectedness to dogs that dog owners have so a dog movie would probably not do much for me.

I do not mind knowing what movies are about anyway--so, no problemo.

Everyone: check your page one entries--info in post 1 and photos in post 2 for accuracy--typos run rampant at my house--and check my self-tag--I am a post menopausal woman and my brain leaks. (That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.) Make sure your names are included if you want them.

Jan
You can add early dining to ours, if you don't mind.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-08-2009, 06:55 PM   #78
EllaEnchanted
iDIS...resistance is futile!
Champagne Girls Rule!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibouncetoo View Post
JOHN!

Miss ya...luv ya......

How's Deb? She hasn't posted in a few days and you know how we worry about each other.

gotta run.....drive by posting......

Hi Jackie.....miss you and love you too.....I've been so very sick. I think it was a stomach flu. I caught it from Jan! hahahaha.

Jan I'm so sorry that you and your family had it during your Christmas visit and that we were not able to get together. I hope you're feeling better now. I loved the pictures of Sophia.....thanks for sharing.

Oh and thanks so much for sharing the stomach flu too.....hahaha.....I had it really bad.....migrains, head spins, nauseous, chills, weakness.....it lasted almost a week also. Glad that I'm on the mend now and starting to feel a little better. I didn't mean to go MIA intentionally.....just couldn't lift my head off the pillow without getting violently ill. It wasn't pretty.
Once in a while right in the middle of an ordinary life...love gives us a fairy tale.

Devout Co-Founding Member of THE CHAMPAGNE GIRLS! ... GET YOUR PINK ON!

Upcoming DIS Cruises
PLATINUM-15 cruises completed; Southern Caribbean 10/4/14 next; We moved near the mouse YAY!
Old 01-08-2009, 07:10 PM   #79
ragdoll
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllaEnchanted View Post

Hi Jackie.....miss you and love you too.....I've been so very sick. I think it was a stomach flu. I caught it from Jan! hahahaha.

Jan I'm so sorry that you and your family had it during your Christmas visit and that we were not able to get together. I hope you're feeling better now. I loved the pictures of Sophia.....thanks for sharing.

Oh and thanks so much for sharing the stomach flu too.....hahaha.....I had it really bad.....migrains, head spins, nauseous, chills, weakness.....it lasted almost a week also. Glad that I'm on the mend now and starting to feel a little better. I didn't mean to go MIA intentionally.....just couldn't lift my head off the pillow without getting violently ill. It wasn't pretty.
Yuck, that sounds horrible enough for one day let alone a week. Glad you are feeling better!

Donna
Old 01-08-2009, 08:33 PM   #80
katypop
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Sorry you've been so sick Deb, but glad you're on the mend now.
Kathe

Old 01-08-2009, 08:59 PM   #81
ibouncetoo
I get excited by the little things!
I follow directions well!!!
I'm not allowed to buy any more craft supplies till I actually MAKE something LOL

Glad you are feeling better Deb!

Well, got one piece of business settled for this trip...where our signature dining will be during the pre cruise WDW stay....CITRICOS. Can't wait to try it.

Oh, Kathe....remember what I PM'd you about...well the rest of the team is A-OK with that plan should I have to go to the Hyatt.

Got the first vacation of the year booked today. A week in Chicago in May to play with sister Dianne, Cheri (who will be dog sitting for Ian & Sukie part of the time) and Ian & Sukie when they return from their WDW vacation. If three Tortolians gather in the same place.....does that make it a DIS MEET?

Jackie '99-01AllStar Movies 02-03Many trips DLR '03 Nov AKL/Swan 04 April POFQ Oct offsite/Dolphin 05 Jan POP/WL,3DLR Nov POFQ/Wonder/POP 06 2DLR, Nov Magic DD 07 May DLR Dec SSR/Wonder 08 April DLR May Magic-WBPC Sept DLR 09 Sept WDW/Magic-Tortola Nov DLR 10 Jan Magic-Western, April EBTA 11 Jan 2Day Wonder April LA Repo/Alaska Nov Dream B2B 12 Wonder-Hawaii Dec Fantasy-SanJuan 13 2x DLR, Nov Dream 4 day

Old 01-08-2009, 10:18 PM   #82
JLSE50
DIS Veteran ** I am a post menopausal woman--my brain leaks. ** I'm allergic to idiots, I just decided.....

Quote:

WOW--sounds like you had it worst of all. Sarah had vomiting and ~~~ (you know) so bad she was hospitalized and on IVs as she could keep nothing down. When the rest of us got it we were living in the bathroom, thank goodness we did not have the migrains and head spins! Each of us had it for 24 to 48 hours. So sorry you got it so bad.

Good to see you now. How are you doing? How is the leg?
Jan
DL--6x; WDW x 26; Fort Wilderness - a lot; DVC Members since 2000; OKW x 7; DVC Vero Beach x 5; DVC Wilderness Villas x 2; DVC Hilton Head x 1; DVC Boardwalk x 2; DVC Beach Club x 1; DVC Saratoga Springs x 1; SS Tree House x 1; Bay Lake Towers x 2; DCL MAGIC x 8; DCL WONDER x 4; DCL DREAM x 3; DS#1 engaged to DG (Darling Girl) on the WONDER 9/4/06; WESTBOUND PANAMA CANAL 5/10/08 MAGIC; EASTERN CARIBBEAN FAMILY TRIP 9/12/09 MAGIC; TRANSATLANTIC 4/10/10 MAGIC; 5/15/11 DREAM; North to ALASKA 8/9/11 WONDER; FAMILY TRIP 10/30/11 DREAM; HAWAII 4/ 29/12 WONDER; DVC MEMBER CRUISE 9/16/12; 6/27/13 - MAGIC in the Med (Venice) 10/26/14 Eastern Caribbean Family Cruise - ON THE MAGIC AGAIN!

Last edited by JLSE50; 01-08-2009 at 10:19 PM. Reason: She will be so delighted to know I posted this--NOT--so do not mention it on the cruise, OK?
Old 01-08-2009, 10:22 PM   #83
JLSE50

I think I have everyone's photos on post 2 and info on post 1 in order. Please check yours and be sure I got it right. Asterisk at the beginning means you have checked in and let us know you are still on the cruise. If anyone knows for sure of people who have canceled we can delete them. I wonder if we should send PMs to those folks and invite them over or just wait for them to find us.....

I will be at the garage tomorrow getting the oil changed and having them look for an antifreeze leak as we smelled it during our trip.

Have a good day all--
Jan
Old 01-09-2009, 05:23 AM   #84
NotSoLittleMermaid
DIS Veteran

Quote:
hey WHERE'S CHERI?

she hasn't returned my phone call, carnflabbit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by iankh View Post
Cheri! Cheri! Cheri!

(let's see if that invokes her)
Quote:
Originally Posted by katypop View Post

Hi neighbour (notice that's neighbour not neighbor)

Yes, where is Cheri?

Kathe

Quote:
OK....I'm going to go hunt down Cheri now!

Quote:
Well, I'm off to veg in front of the TV and see if Cheri gets my e-mail/voice-mail...can't find her home number...AGAIN!

Hi! I'm here! Cheri, age 59 (at the moment), late dining, FE, looking forward to 3 weeks with some of my favorite people!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iankh View Post
We're going to be spending the week before the cruise down in WDW with a couple of broads that somehow latched onto us on the Panama cruise.
Just don't call me late to dinner!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katypop View Post
Okay if you want to be thorns it's up to you I don't know how Cheri feels, but personally, I'd rather be a gerbera daisy or perhaps a snapdragon!

Kathe
Yeah, what she said!!!
Old 01-09-2009, 05:25 AM   #85
granmaz
Dis Veteran and Old Geezer

Hi Cherie, missed you!!

Old 01-09-2009, 07:21 AM   #86
ibouncetoo
I'm not allowed to buy any more craft supplies till I actually MAKE something LOL

OMG! Cheri was awake at 4:something AM! Oh wait....she probably hadn't gone to bed yet.

Morning Tortolians....had a dream about us all last night, even those of you I haven't met. (Your parts were 'played' by celebrity guest stars.) We were having lots of fun at the embarkation day DIS meet and were late for muster drill....we got in big trouble...so I woke up to avoid confronting authority!
Jackie '99-01AllStar Movies 02-03Many trips DLR '03 Nov AKL/Swan 04 April POFQ Oct offsite/Dolphin 05 Jan POP/WL,3DLR Nov POFQ/Wonder/POP 06 2DLR, Nov Magic DD 07 May DLR Dec SSR/Wonder 08 April DLR May Magic-WBPC Sept DLR 09 Sept WDW/Magic-Tortola Nov DLR 10 Jan Magic-Western, April EBTA 11 Jan 2Day Wonder April LA Repo/Alaska Nov Dream B2B 12 Wonder-Hawaii Dec Fantasy-SanJuan 13 2x DLR, Nov Dream 4 day

Old 01-09-2009, 07:52 AM   #87
1Grumpy John
Grumpketeer

Quote:
JOHN!

Miss ya...luv ya......

How's Deb? She hasn't posted in a few days and you know how we worry about each other.

gotta run.....drive by posting......
Hi Jackie miss you guys too! Deb covered your answers but I had to add my 2 cents

I hope we get to spend some time just chatting this trip
Grumpy John What! you expected Prince Charming?DisDads club member #34
B2B October 2010 - Bahamas - PLATINUM reached; EASTWOOD MANOR Special Turkey Day Celebration
Jan 2011-DREAM Maiden Voyage; B2B Apr 2011-LA-Van Repo/May 2011-Alaska; April 29, 2012 Hawaii
Old 01-09-2009, 08:13 AM   #88
ibouncetoo

Well, John, you know we will....because I know EXACTLY where to find you two....near the pool, BBC in hand!

OK, here's a Question of the Day for everyone:

Where will you be staying the night before the cruise?

My family plan is to all stay together at the Hyatt...but I think there will be discussion later on to see if anyone else is coming early for a visit to WDW pre-cruise. Peg and Jose are thinking of staying after the cruise to see Cape Canaveral and Epcot. I'm hoping to convince them to do Epcot pre-cruise and Cape Canaveral post-cruise. Now, if anybody has DVC points to rent and I could get them into BC or Boardwalk Villas THAT would help!
I remember Peg enjoyed our stay for one night at Animal Kingdom, even without a park visit....and Magical Express from the airport is free....and we could then do group transportation to the port with some DIS pals....limo/mini van/private bus. How am I doing on the 'persuasions'?

Old 01-09-2009, 08:40 AM   #89
rotary2808
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Well, John, you know we will....because I know EXACTLY where to find you two....near the pool, BBC in hand!

OK, here's a Question of the Day for everyone:

Where will you be staying the night before the cruise?

My family plan is to all stay together at the Hyatt...but I think there will be discussion later on to see if anyone else is coming early for a visit to WDW pre-cruise. Peg and Jose are thinking of staying after the cruise to see Cape Canaveral and Epcot. I'm hoping to convince them to do Epcot pre-cruise and Cape Canaveral post-cruise. Now, if anybody has DVC points to rent and I could get them into BC or Boardwalk Villas THAT would help!
I remember Peg enjoyed our stay for one night at Animal Kingdom, even without a park visit....and Magical Express from the airport is free....and we could then do group transportation to the port with some DIS pals....limo/mini van/private bus. How am I doing on the 'persuasions'?
I don't know if we're coming in early yet or not. It's so much easier, but then it's also more time to take off, hmmm...options, options, options.

Old 01-09-2009, 10:06 AM   #90
granmaz
Dis Veteran and Old Geezer

We are now on the WB Transatlantic in 2010. We made the decision to cancel the Baltic and do that instead. Hard decision, but the TA is half the price for 2 more days.

Have to work out the dreaded one way airfares though.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: