Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2009, 03:18 PM   #1411
winotracy
This is NOT an ask Tracy question!
Moi??? Talking too much?!? How can that be?
Skeet Shooting is not, I repeat not on our Disney Cruise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanneg View Post
I still haven't gotten my information packet.....am I the only one? (Does it come from DCL or our TA?)
It comes directly from DCL. I haven't gotten mine either. They aren't all sent out on the same date and with the holidays recently, it's not surprising many of us haven't gotten them.
winotracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 03:34 PM   #1412
goofygal1975
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I still haven't gotten my information packet.....am I the only one? (Does it come from DCL or our TA?)
What information packet?

I never even got confirmation in the mail when we changed our dates, but I was able to view it online. We just paid the cruise off last week....and received a confirmation page in the mail.

I haven't received anything else in the mail.

ETA: I didn't see the post above with the answer!
5/23/09 Magic Tortola

New Member 1/21/09
goofygal1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-07-2009, 04:51 PM   #1413
Lifelong_Dreamer
DIS Veteran

Quote:

We haven't received one either at least not recently. The only thing we have gotten is the original confirmation when we made the booking.
Lifelong_Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 05:18 PM   #1414
JMTStone
Mouseketeer

Package hasn't arrived

Mail seems to be slow here in Pittsburgh as well. I just talked to the Wedding Planner today (hee hee - wedding planner for Vow Renewal. I promise not to be a Bridezilla ) and she gave me good news. We are considered Concierge since we're having our Vow Renewal on the ship.

Whoo hoo.

About the teen meet and bags o' prizes. I'm in but someone needs to tell me what to do/bring since I am HORRIBLE at creative fun stuff like you've mentioned. I'm good at lists though. Give me a list and I can do things and check them off!
JMTStone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 06:46 PM   #1415
Hygiene99
I am quite the little Teapot
EVERYTHING DISNEY

May Repo Cruiser / Panama

We got the planing package from DCL..

Late last week...
Hygiene99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 10:08 PM   #1416
justmestace

Thinks California needs Disney cruise ships!
Has snorkeled all over the Bahamas and the Caribbean

I don't even keep the package any more. We've had so many of them, they're kind of useless.
But it is a fun thing for new cruisers. And a great reminder that we're getting closer!
justmestace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 08:44 AM   #1417
itdjbw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMTStone View Post
Mail seems to be slow here in Pittsburgh as well. I just talked to the Wedding Planner today (hee hee - wedding planner for Vow Renewal. I promise not to be a Bridezilla ) and she gave me good news. We are considered Concierge since we're having our Vow Renewal on the ship.

Whoo hoo.

About the teen meet and bags o' prizes. I'm in but someone needs to tell me what to do/bring since I am HORRIBLE at creative fun stuff like you've mentioned. I'm good at lists though. Give me a list and I can do things and check them off!
I can research some stuff for a scavenger hunt and some stuff for the teens to do and once we have an idea of how many will participate we can make a list of items

Maybe we should do one for the younger kids too

I've been blessed!!!
itdjbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 09:41 AM   #1418
CajunGirl2
DIS Veteran

I've been meaning to post this but keep forgetting. A fellow DISer from our 2006 cruise went on a Wonder cruise over Christmas. He said that DCL is making some cut-backs & that the pirate bandanas are no longer being given out on pirate night. We'll have to remember to bring our old ones ... saw Emily's the other day ... will have to see if I can find the others.

Stacey, do you remember what else Jim said they cut back on? I know there was something else.

Ang
May 2002 WDW ASMu * Sept/Oct 2004 WDW OKW thanks to Hurricane Jeanne * May 27-June 3, 2006 Disney Magic with the Blabbermouths * June 2007 WDW Pop Century * June 2008 WDW SSR * May 23-30, 2009 Disney Magic to Tortola & St. Thomas * June 2-9, 2012 Disney Fantasy
CajunGirl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 05:34 PM   #1419
goofygal1975
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by itdjbw View Post
I can research some stuff for a scavenger hunt and some stuff for the teens to do and once we have an idea of how many will participate we can make a list of items

Thanks for doing the research!! I'm not too great at coming up with ideas but can help if given directions

Quote:
Originally Posted by CajunGirl2 View Post
I've been meaning to post this but keep forgetting. A fellow DISer from our 2006 cruise went on a Wonder cruise over Christmas. He said that DCL is making some cut-backs & that the pirate bandanas are no longer being given out on pirate night. We'll have to remember to bring our old ones ... saw Emily's the other day ... will have to see if I can find the others.

Stacey, do you remember what else Jim said they cut back on? I know there was something else.

Ang
Hmmm...I'm not sure where mine and ds bandanas are, and Dh won't have one. Maybe I'll have my mom make us some...found some GREAT Pirate fabric at the store the other day!! I'll have to go back and get some more!

I think it's a great idea for the younger kids too!! That way they all get to have fun!! I'm ready to have some fun...and watch the kids have fun on the cruise!!

And I think it would be good to do
5/23/09 Magic Tortola

New Member 1/21/09
Old 01-08-2009, 06:06 PM   #1420
itdjbw
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Ang
Thanks Ang for that info
Will have to remember to bring ours too, I made us each a shirt for pirates night last DC with a pirate and our pirate names - need to check if they still fit and remember those too

I've been blessed!!!
itdjbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 06:10 PM   #1421
goofygal1975
DIS Veteran

I've been playing around on my web site and found a "forum" area. There used to be a chat area but they changed it to a forum. If we want to set up a place for the kids to chat we can do it there, if you guys want to.

Also I can post anything else there as well...such as FE names, any organized plans and group excursions...that way they won't get lost here

You do have to sign up there with an email address...and then you can use your profile name from here so we all know who is talking. I signed up my son to see what it would look like.

Let me know what you think. I don't want it to take away from posting here...just thought it might work for the kids and any main info.

Click HERE to see it!

Oh, and I CAN make it private on there (it's not right now...since I'm just messing around). Only people who have the link can get to it...that way it would be a bit more safer for the kids. I can post the link in my signature here or something that way we all can get to it.
5/23/09 Magic Tortola

New Member 1/21/09

Last edited by goofygal1975; 01-08-2009 at 06:54 PM.
Old 01-08-2009, 08:27 PM   #1422
wmjivey
costume designer extraordinaire

teen scavenger hunt

Tyler (15) and Toby (13) are very much interested in the scavenger hunt.

Will have to gather our pirate bandanas from 2005, just to be on the safe side.

DH just bought himself a new kilt for the cruise

DLR - Desert Palm Inn Suites 6/9-12/14, BW Stovall's Inn June 8-11, 2010; Alaska 9/2013; 5/23/09-5/30/09 - Tortola on the Magic ;11/11/06-11/18/06 Embassy Suites Grand Beach Vacation Resort; 3/19/06-3/24/06 Disneyland's 50th; 5/28/05-6/4/05: Inaugural DCL trip to Mexican Riviera; 5/28/04-6/11/04: offsite at WDW; numerous trips to DL
wmjivey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 06:06 AM   #1423
CajunGirl2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by itdjbw View Post

I'd be interested in one for the younger kids too but wouldn't know how to go about organizing. I'd be willing to help though.

Ang
May 2002 WDW ASMu * Sept/Oct 2004 WDW OKW thanks to Hurricane Jeanne * May 27-June 3, 2006 Disney Magic with the Blabbermouths * June 2007 WDW Pop Century * June 2008 WDW SSR * May 23-30, 2009 Disney Magic to Tortola & St. Thomas * June 2-9, 2012 Disney Fantasy
Old 01-09-2009, 06:07 AM   #1424
CajunGirl2
DIS Veteran

Oops ... double post for some reason.

Last edited by CajunGirl2; 01-09-2009 at 06:27 AM.
Old 01-09-2009, 08:19 AM   #1425
Disneyfalcon
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Ang
I just got off the Wonder yesterday morning. They gave us pirate bandanas. Not sure about the Magic though.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: