Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2009, 11:24 PM   #46
katypop
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by granmaz View Post
I think there are going to be a few of us at WDW before the cruise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibouncetoo View Post
A whole WEEK for me!

And for those of you who may be booking on property and buying tickets, you will most likely have free dining!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CustardTart View Post
Yes, we'll be there for 3 nights before the cruise, hopefully at BWV/BCV - I'm going to try and switch at the 7 month window. I will also be there with my DD for 7 nights after the cruise, this time at VWL - that's a 17 day vacation and I CANNOT WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm envious! I only have enough vacation time to arrive one day early, but I will spend it at one of the parks

Kathe

Old 01-06-2009, 11:33 PM   #47
ibouncetoo
I get excited by the little things!
I follow directions well!!!
I'm not allowed to buy any more craft supplies till I actually MAKE something LOL

Kathe, where are you going to stay Friday night?
Jackie '99-01AllStar Movies 02-03Many trips DLR '03 Nov AKL/Swan 04 April POFQ Oct offsite/Dolphin 05 Jan POP/WL,3DLR Nov POFQ/Wonder/POP 06 2DLR, Nov Magic DD 07 May DLR Dec SSR/Wonder 08 April DLR May Magic-WBPC Sept DLR 09 Sept WDW/Magic-Tortola Nov DLR 10 Jan Magic-Western, April EBTA 11 Jan 2Day Wonder April LA Repo/Alaska Nov Dream B2B 12 Wonder-Hawaii Dec Fantasy-SanJuan 13 2x DLR, Nov Dream 4 day

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-07-2009, 01:58 AM   #48
granmaz
Dis Veteran and Old Geezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CustardTart View Post
We're using up some points at the start of the cruise so, at the mo, have 1 night at SSR and 2 nights at VWL booked. I stayed at BWV with my sons last October and loved it so would really like to change to there for at least the first 3 nights... Fingers crossed. Otherwise I'll switch to all nights at SSR - DH hasn't stayed there yet and IMO the rooms are lovely...

Well I really loved our stay at SSR and was so very pleasantly surprised.

Location wise we love the Boardwalk though, but SSR is so peaceful after all the hustle and bustle.

Old 01-07-2009, 05:15 AM   #49
iankh
It's never done till it's overdone

We're going to be spending the week before the cruise down in WDW with a couple of broads that somehow latched onto us on the Panama cruise.

Not sure where we're staying yet. At this point I have more DVC points in 2009 than Midas. I'll be making our booking on Feb 7.

Old 01-07-2009, 06:08 AM   #50
ibouncetoo
I'm not allowed to buy any more craft supplies till I actually MAKE something LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by iankh View Post
We're going to be spending the week before the cruise down in WDW with a couple of broads that somehow latched onto us on the Panama cruise.

Not sure where we're staying yet. At this point I have more DVC points in 2009 than Midas. I'll be making our booking on Feb 7.
At least you didn't say two OLD broads!
Jackie '99-01AllStar Movies 02-03Many trips DLR '03 Nov AKL/Swan 04 April POFQ Oct offsite/Dolphin 05 Jan POP/WL,3DLR Nov POFQ/Wonder/POP 06 2DLR, Nov Magic DD 07 May DLR Dec SSR/Wonder 08 April DLR May Magic-WBPC Sept DLR 09 Sept WDW/Magic-Tortola Nov DLR 10 Jan Magic-Western, April EBTA 11 Jan 2Day Wonder April LA Repo/Alaska Nov Dream B2B 12 Wonder-Hawaii Dec Fantasy-SanJuan 13 2x DLR, Nov Dream 4 day

Old 01-07-2009, 06:10 AM   #51
granmaz

Quote:
At least you didn't say two OLD broads!
Well, he IS a gentleman!!!

Old 01-07-2009, 07:17 AM   #52
JLSE50
DIS Veteran ** I am a post menopausal woman--my brain leaks. ** I'm allergic to idiots, I just decided.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyRN1 View Post
Thanks Jan for doing all this for everyone. If no one else is putting ages, you don't need to put ours, but I don't mind either way.
We are also going to stay at WDW either pre-or-post cruise, haven't decided yet. We are not DVC members, but will probably stay at the Poly or possibly Shades Of Green. It was so great last Dec. to be able to go to the cruise desk at the Poly and get all of the check-in done before we left to go to the Terminal.
For those interested in the movie "Marley and Me"....my DH and I saw it today. We are major pet lovers, and laughed so hard during most of the movie. We could relate to Marley's "antics" I have to admit that I left the movie before it was over, knowing how it ended. I was a whimp.

Since people are doing ages now, I put yours in, but check to make sure I did it right.

thanks for your review of Marley and me. Pretty much cinches it I will not go.
DL--6x; WDW x 26; Fort Wilderness - a lot; DVC Members since 2000; OKW x 7; DVC Vero Beach x 5; DVC Wilderness Villas x 2; DVC Hilton Head x 1; DVC Boardwalk x 2; DVC Beach Club x 1; DVC Saratoga Springs x 1; SS Tree House x 1; Bay Lake Towers x 2; DCL MAGIC x 8; DCL WONDER x 4; DCL DREAM x 3; DS#1 engaged to DG (Darling Girl) on the WONDER 9/4/06; WESTBOUND PANAMA CANAL 5/10/08 MAGIC; EASTERN CARIBBEAN FAMILY TRIP 9/12/09 MAGIC; TRANSATLANTIC 4/10/10 MAGIC; 5/15/11 DREAM; North to ALASKA 8/9/11 WONDER; FAMILY TRIP 10/30/11 DREAM; HAWAII 4/ 29/12 WONDER; DVC MEMBER CRUISE 9/16/12; 6/27/13 - MAGIC in the Med (Venice) 10/26/14 Eastern Caribbean Family Cruise - ON THE MAGIC AGAIN!
Old 01-07-2009, 07:25 AM   #53
JLSE50
DIS Veteran ** I am a post menopausal woman--my brain leaks. ** I'm allergic to idiots, I just decided.....

Quote:
Keep in mind that free dining will most likely be going on then, and I don't think it is available if you stay at Shades Of Green (I think I just read that the other day). Just something to check out.
Free dining? Tell me more.

How DO you find out these things? You are amazing.

Jan--the-befuddled
DL--6x; WDW x 26; Fort Wilderness - a lot; DVC Members since 2000; OKW x 7; DVC Vero Beach x 5; DVC Wilderness Villas x 2; DVC Hilton Head x 1; DVC Boardwalk x 2; DVC Beach Club x 1; DVC Saratoga Springs x 1; SS Tree House x 1; Bay Lake Towers x 2; DCL MAGIC x 8; DCL WONDER x 4; DCL DREAM x 3; DS#1 engaged to DG (Darling Girl) on the WONDER 9/4/06; WESTBOUND PANAMA CANAL 5/10/08 MAGIC; EASTERN CARIBBEAN FAMILY TRIP 9/12/09 MAGIC; TRANSATLANTIC 4/10/10 MAGIC; 5/15/11 DREAM; North to ALASKA 8/9/11 WONDER; FAMILY TRIP 10/30/11 DREAM; HAWAII 4/ 29/12 WONDER; DVC MEMBER CRUISE 9/16/12; 6/27/13 - MAGIC in the Med (Venice) 10/26/14 Eastern Caribbean Family Cruise - ON THE MAGIC AGAIN!
Old 01-07-2009, 07:36 AM   #54
ibouncetoo

Jan, I just spend a LOT of free time on the DIS!

For the last several years WDW has offered the dining plan for free when you book rack rate resort and park tickets MYW packages in the month of September. For 2009 they will most likely be offering the "Quick Service" dining plan with value resort stays and the regular dining plan with Mod&Deluxe resort stays. The exact dates for this year have not been announced yet...think it usually happens by April. So if you are planing on staying on property pre/post cruise anyway, go ahead and book your resort of choice and tickets using the Magic Your Way section on the web-site (or call WDW).

IF you are staying DVC, you will have to purchase the dining plan, no 'free' dining available here.

Old 01-07-2009, 08:28 AM   #55
rotary2808
DIS Veteran

Quote:

For the last several years WDW has offered the dining plan for free when you book rack rate resort and park tickets MYW packages in the month of September. For 2009 they will most likely be offering the "Quick Service" dining plan with value resort stays and the regular dining plan with Mod&Deluxe resort stays. The exact dates for this year have not been announced yet...think it usually happens by April. So if you are planing on staying on property pre/post cruise anyway, go ahead and book your resort of choice and tickets using the Magic Your Way section on the web-site (or call WDW).

IF you are staying DVC, you will have to purchase the dining plan, no 'free' dining available here.
That's the only thing I don't like about DVC is you can never take advantage of the free dining plan, but it doesn't matter for us now anyways since we got the Tables in Wonderland card.

Old 01-07-2009, 08:29 AM   #56
rotary2808
DIS Veteran

Our p. 1 info looks correct.

Old 01-07-2009, 08:39 AM   #57
ibouncetoo

Jan, re page one.

I noticed you have Peg (TiggersPal) under me and then again alphabetically (which is fine) but the alphabetical listing has old room number and stuff. Also for listing brother Paul, would you change it to 'fiance' Jill instead of girlfriend?

Thanks!

Old 01-07-2009, 09:02 AM   #58
ragdoll
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Question here...Does anyone know if WDW usually offers discounts on hotels in Sept? I would prefer a discount. I really don't care for free dining. I don't like planning ahead and I need my daily Earl of Sandwich fix. Weird, I know.

Donna
Old 01-07-2009, 09:06 AM   #59
granmaz

I am sure there will be some discounts Donna. Just have to keep looking. usually they only come out a few months before, but with Disney feeling the downturn a little they could be out sooner.

We have had the dining plan on 3 trips and have now decided not to bother - we like the freedom. Lots of offsite places to eat at much better than at WDW, and also I was just so FED up!!!

Old 01-07-2009, 09:25 AM   #60
lg3
The '80's must have been harder on me than I remember, because I sure can't recall seawees

Hi everyone! Sorry to have been gone so long. We moved into the new house and sold the old one (finally!) and now collapsing from all the Holidays. All is well and we are starting to get psyched for the cruise. Usually we stay a few days at WDW first, but now that dd will be in 1st grade dh thinks we shouldn't pull her out of school for more than we already are. I'm going with the flow on that one, because we may be able to fit in a trip to DL over the summer if things go right.
Thanks Jan for getting this new thread together! Please add us to the FE list. We had such a blast with it on the last cruise, it was definitely worth the effort. I will need to add a ticker - what torture! Our pic (from DL last year):

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: