Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-06-2009, 11:15 AM   #121
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'Mermaid75 View Post
Ahhhh....admit it...you MISS being a Northern Loon!
Oh yes..in the middle of July when its 100million degrees outside with 100% humidity and I can't even walk to my mailbox without having to take a shower afterwards....yes then I miss being a Northern Loon!

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
jenjolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 11:18 AM   #122
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Speaking of weather. . . Do you CBR Snowbirds want to have an alternate meeting place incase of inclement weather??? What do you think Wendy?
Momof2Disneyboys is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-06-2009, 11:54 AM   #123
MAGGIED
DIS Veteran

Shelly... this is my first visit to CBR so I am in unfamiliar waters.... I asked my boys if they wanted to come for the Snowbird meet and they looked at me like I was crazy.... except DH.... he said he might come.... I would be surprised if he did... I think the teenagers want to go around and explore the resort....

Is there someplace where there are umbrella or a covered area.... what about by the pool.... like I said... I really don't know the set up of the resort... time to start looking at a map....

speaking of the resort.... my guys really don't care about Nemo fashioned curtains and bed linens.... so other than that what changes have been made to the rooms? I ask because I really like the location of Trinidad north on the map but I know those rooms haven't been done.....

MAGGIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 12:06 PM   #124
sharadoc
Visiting Disney World since 1986, happily driving every trip since 1994.

2 weeks from today ....

I will be standing in line picking up my lunch to carry over to a table at Sleepy Hollow so I can meet my Snowbird friends before the parade!!!

In the meantime - panic!!!!!

Watch Osborne Lights 2013 Winter Wonderland! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcF2eEkqtWk

6X POFQ; 3X ASMu FS, FW cabin; 2x BWV, OKW; 1X BCV, YC, CR-TPV, SSR plus many offsite in the 80's
sharadoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 12:10 PM   #125
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGGIED View Post
Shelly... this is my first visit to CBR so I am in unfamiliar waters.... I asked my boys if they wanted to come for the Snowbird meet and they looked at me like I was crazy.... except DH.... he said he might come.... I would be surprised if he did... I think the teenagers want to go around and explore the resort....

Is there someplace where there are umbrella or a covered area.... what about by the pool.... like I said... I really don't know the set up of the resort... time to start looking at a map....

speaking of the resort.... my guys really don't care about Nemo fashioned curtains and bed linens.... so other than that what changes have been made to the rooms? I ask because I really like the location of Trinidad north on the map but I know those rooms haven't been done.....
Well I'm not sure where would be a good place to meet if it is raining. Maybe the best bet would be the food court. We could get a table and chat a bit!

The new rooms have the Nemo border and bedspread. That's it as far as Nemo is concerned. The curtains are a wavy ocean blue. The carpet is new, the beds are new, the furniture is new, the TV is new and flat screen I believe. So if you don't mind the older bedspread and some older carpet, you would probably be good in Trinidad North.
Old 01-06-2009, 12:13 PM   #126
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharadoc View Post
2 weeks from today ....

I will be standing in line picking up my lunch to carry over to a table at Sleepy Hollow so I can meet my Snowbird friends before the parade!!!

Amen to the PANIC part LOL!!!!!! I'm hoping to be able to make the parade...I'll have to see what is going on that day in my itinerary...it amazes me that I don't have this all memorized by now LOL

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
Old 01-06-2009, 12:17 PM   #127
Momto2PrncChrmgs
DIS Veteran

Just checking in...went to the Dr for exam and blood tests. When we got to the lab we "encouraged" then to use a vein finder...Their reply to my hubby, "Oh Andy we don't ever use those." I told them-you get one try then you get it. This will not be a fishing expedition. THEY GOT IT!! I was so relieved. We waited around town, ran some errands, ate at McD's, went back to the Dr-No results yet. But then Andy just called, they called him at work and everything came back 100% NORMAL!!! YEAH!!!

Thanks for all the encouragement, hugs and prayers. You guys are the best support system!!

(And we forgot the take the blanket for his lovie but he did get a present at WalMart-a CARS race set)! Gotta spoil the baby! He was great!

1977-Off Site May 2000-Off Site April/May 2005-ASMo May 2007-POP May 2008-POP Jan. 2009-CBR Jan. 2011-POP Jan. 2013-POR Sept. 2014-POP
Momto2PrncChrmgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 12:19 PM   #128
trixiequilts
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto2PrncChrmgs View Post
Just checking in...went to the Dr for exam and blood tests. When we got to the lab we "encouraged" then to use a vein finder...Their reply to my hubby, "Oh Andy we don't ever use those." I told them-you get one try then you get it. This will not be a fishing expedition. THEY GOT IT!! I was so relieved. We waited around town, ran some errands, ate at McD's, went back to the Dr-No results yet. But then Andy just called, they called him at work and everything came back 100% NORMAL!!! YEAH!!!

Thanks for all the encouragement, hugs and prayers. You guys are the best support system!!

(And we forgot the take the blanket for his lovie but he did get a present at WalMart-a CARS race set)! Gotta spoil the baby! He was great!
Woo-hoo!

My Trips: January 2009, October 2010, August 2011, February 2012, December 2012, November 2013, May 2014.
trixiequilts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 12:23 PM   #129
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:

That is great news!
Old 01-06-2009, 12:34 PM   #130
Northern Disney Girl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharadoc View Post
2 weeks from today ....

2 WEEKS!
I am so there! Can't wait!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
Amen to the PANIC part LOL!!!!!! I'm hoping to be able to make the parade...I'll have to see what is going on that day in my itinerary...it amazes me that I don't have this all memorized by now LOL
Oh PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE ! Jenny, PLEASE can you come? Then we could go ride Haunted Mansion after together! PLEASE!
Old 01-06-2009, 12:39 PM   #131
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:

HOORAY!!Thank goodness - Isn't it amazing what a few prayers and hugs from the snowbirds can do?
I was just at Target on my lunch break (as I often am) and found some great stuff in the dollar section. Little reed diffuser/airfreshener things, a dishwashing wand/sponge that you put soap in, (I'm so bringing that to wash out mugs in our room!) I got my journal, shout wipes, stick-up air freshners,...

I have been able to cross some stuff off my list - even though I keep adding other things to it! I did make my puppy his appointment for shots so that will be done before we go. Usually they will clip his nails too. My mom (who's keeping him while we're gone) will appreciate that!!

Last edited by Mndisneygirl; 01-06-2009 at 12:51 PM.
Mndisneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 12:53 PM   #132
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

Back from work. It was not busy at all. I guess everyone is all shopped out! We got flip flops and bathing suits today (I bought myself an orange pair and a white pair of flops)! It made me even more excited for the trip! I made a trip to Home Depot and snatched up a bunch of Mickey Heads. I decided that I'm going to attempt to scrapbook. I'm going to need some help from my mom for sure. She's very crafty and makes wonderful scrapbooks. Then, I headed over to AC Moore just to check out the scrapbook stuff. I'm going to spend WAY too much money on this stuff. They had the cutest Disney paper and stickers. The ideas for pages just started flowing through my brain!!!! I figure that if I make a scrapbook, I'll be less sad about being home. I get to re-live all the memories that we made and we'll have it forever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
Oh well GUESS WHAT TODAY IS!!!!!

SINGLE DIGIT DANCE DAY!!!!! Today I am 9 days away from Disney!!!
YEA for single digits!!! Remember when we all celebrated double digits?!

Quote:

That is wonderful news. I'm glad that everything is ok.

Completed Trip Reports
A Sept 2013 Solo Trip to the World It's A Cat World After All A Sept 2012 TRCelebrations Galore & Free Dining Too! A Sept 2012 PTR
Take Small Children By The Hand...a Sept Trip Report "I Want To Go Back!!!...a Sept 2010 PTR
Heat,Headaches but So Much Fun! My June Birthday TR Wishes Do Come True!...a Birthday PTR A Surprise Fit for a Princess...PTR and TR
1984-1st trip, 1987-offsite, 1991-offsite, 1992-Contemporary (won that trip!), 1997-ASMu, 2002-offsite (DH's 1st trip),
2006-offsite (DD's 1st trip), Jan 2009-offsite, June 2009- Birthday trip at Pop,Sept 2010-Pop Century,Aug 2012-Boardwalk Inn,Sept 2012-POFQ (DS's 1st trip),Sept 2013-CR (Earmarked Conference), March 2014-DCL AEP on the Magic
Dancegrl624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 12:57 PM   #133
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Disney Girl View Post
2 WEEKS!
I am so there! Can't wait!

Oh PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE ! Jenny, PLEASE can you come? Then we could go ride Haunted Mansion after together! PLEASE!
Are you promising me a ride on Haunted Mansion after the parade...cuz you know I don't mess around when it comes to the Haunted Mansion and I would do about anything to get myself on that ride again and again...you have to promise Kim!!!!!!!

Glad to hear the great news about Keaton!!!!

Old 01-06-2009, 12:59 PM   #134
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancegrl624 View Post
Back from work. It was not busy at all. I guess everyone is all shopped out! We got flip flops and bathing suits today (I bought myself an orange pair and a white pair of flops)! It made me even more excited for the trip! I made a trip to Home Depot and snatched up a bunch of Mickey Heads. I decided that I'm going to attempt to scrapbook. I'm going to need some help from my mom for sure. She's very crafty and makes wonderful scrapbooks. Then, I headed over to AC Moore just to check out the scrapbook stuff. I'm going to spend WAY too much money on this stuff. They had the cutest Disney paper and stickers. The ideas for pages just started flowing through my brain!!!! I figure that if I make a scrapbook, I'll be less sad about being home. I get to re-live all the memories that we made and we'll have it forever.

YEA for single digits!!! Remember when we all celebrated double digits?!

That is wonderful news. I'm glad that everything is ok.
I bought flip flops on Ebay last night with priority shipping so I'm hoping they will get here way before I have to leave!! They were cute Minnie Mouse...I'm thinking I'm going to wear those to my pedicure appointment at the GF spa that way I can show off my pretty toes LOL

Old 01-06-2009, 01:03 PM   #135
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

Are the hours for DTD posted anywhere? I can't seem to find them on the disney website.

Completed Trip Reports
A Sept 2013 Solo Trip to the World It's A Cat World After All A Sept 2012 TRCelebrations Galore & Free Dining Too! A Sept 2012 PTR
Take Small Children By The Hand...a Sept Trip Report "I Want To Go Back!!!...a Sept 2010 PTR
Heat,Headaches but So Much Fun! My June Birthday TR Wishes Do Come True!...a Birthday PTR A Surprise Fit for a Princess...PTR and TR
1984-1st trip, 1987-offsite, 1991-offsite, 1992-Contemporary (won that trip!), 1997-ASMu, 2002-offsite (DH's 1st trip),
2006-offsite (DD's 1st trip), Jan 2009-offsite, June 2009- Birthday trip at Pop,Sept 2010-Pop Century,Aug 2012-Boardwalk Inn,Sept 2012-POFQ (DS's 1st trip),Sept 2013-CR (Earmarked Conference), March 2014-DCL AEP on the Magic
Dancegrl624 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: