Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2009, 09:18 AM   #91
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsjj View Post
thanx! i think you responded to my thread yesterday, w/wonderful info! anyways...thanx for the info on the locations of the various cabanas & such. but if i book thru disney, i don't think i have a choice of which building (i'm assuming they're buildings, the ones you mentioned...cabana 9b, casitas 1, 2, & 3, etc.) is one building preferred over another? we're a family of 4, DS7 (at time of travel), and DS9. not sure if that would make any difference? just thought i'll let you know, since you seem to know so much about this resort. i think i read that it's you & your DH's favorite, correct?
There are no "preferred" rooms at CSR. It is either standard or water view or king bed. If you book with a real live person (and not on the internet), you can ask that they put in a request that you would like to be in the "Casitas" or the "Cabanas". They should mark it down. You just have to realize that it is a "request" and not a guarantee. Yes, it is my DH's and my favorite resort. He offered me the Poly in September of last year when we went to celebrate our 25th anniversary and I chose to stay where we have had excellent service, love the resort--landscaping, layout, CM's, etc.--the CSR. We have a tentative trip planned for March, a 9 day stay in September and now I may get a chance to go in July for five days as my son is coaching a baseball team in a tournament at Disney--although I'll probably stay at the All-Star Sports with them (DH can't go) as it is one of the two resorts in the plan (the other being the Caribbean and I don't care for the Caribbean). Please do not hesitate to send me a private message if you have specific questions you would like to ask me. I'd be happy to try to help.
Old 01-04-2009, 12:44 PM   #92
labfan
Mouseketeer

"NEWS - The marina at CSR will only be open on a seasonal basis. Here are the dates through summer of 2009.
February 15-21, 2009
April 5-18, 2009
June 24 - July 11, 2009"

This is very disappointing. We were looking forward to staying here and being able to rent bikes to ride around the resort. We always like to take at least one day and explore the resort and biking is a fun way to do it.
Unfortunately we do not take vacations during these time periods.

It seems strange to only have the marina open for such a small time period. Do you think they will eventually do away with the marina? It doesn't seem like it would be worth it to only have it open about 6 weeks during the year.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-04-2009, 08:29 PM   #93
TooBoyz4us
Run! The Tag Fairies are everywhere!
Please stop licking your monitor. It's hard to clean the smudges off, and electrocution sounds painful.

Hi everyone!!!

I am getting real close to booking our next Disney trip!! We stayed at CSR in 2002, then tried WL in 2004.
But we really enjoyed CSR so much, and although a deluxe was nice, we want to go back to CSR again this trip.

A big difference for us this time is that we will be driving to Disney for the first time, after always flying in the past.
So, my questions for you revolve around the check-in / arrival process, and then parking and unloading luggage when driving.
I really didn't pay attention to the parking lots last time were at CSR, so I can't remember how convenient they are for loading and unloading your stuff.

Any tips or suggestions for a driving virgin

9/1997 @ CBR...10/2002 @ CSR ...9/2004@WL...9/2009@ CSR......
11/2013 @ POR

Last edited by TooBoyz4us; 01-04-2009 at 08:37 PM.
Old 01-04-2009, 08:50 PM   #94
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooBoyz4us View Post
Hi everyone!!!

I am getting real close to booking our next Disney trip!! We stayed at CSR in 2002, then tried WL in 2004.
But we really enjoyed CSR so much, and although a deluxe was nice, we want to go back to CSR again this trip.

A big difference for us this time is that we will be driving to Disney for the first time, after always flying in the past.
So, my questions for you revolve around the check-in / arrival process, and then parking and unloading luggage when driving.
I really didn't pay attention to the parking lots last time were at CSR, so I can't remember how convenient they are for loading and unloading your stuff.

Any tips or suggestions for a driving virgin

We rent a car every trip. You can check in and have one of the bell people drive you in the carts with your luggage. We just drive over to our section, close to our building, and unload our luggage and take it ourselves. It's not that much of a bother for us as there are just DH and I and we have two bags and a toiletrie bag (and I have my backpack). Thankfully, if we are on an upper floor, there are elevators.
Old 01-04-2009, 10:13 PM   #95
cheerful chickadee
I heart Disney World

me again, one more question about maya grill...can you make adr's for the buffet or is it first come first serve/seated sort of thing? our 90 day mark is approaching (yay) and I just need to know if I definitely need an adr for here or not. thanks!!
April 2012 CSR
Sept 2013 CSR
Old 01-04-2009, 10:14 PM   #96
kgle
My son's slave

Quote:
Originally Posted by labfan View Post
"NEWS - The marina at CSR will only be open on a seasonal basis. Here are the dates through summer of 2009.
February 15-21, 2009
April 5-18, 2009
June 24 - July 11, 2009"

This is very disappointing. We were looking forward to staying here and being able to rent bikes to ride around the resort. We always like to take at least one day and explore the resort and biking is a fun way to do it.
Unfortunately we do not take vacations during these time periods.

It seems strange to only have the marina open for such a small time period. Do you think they will eventually do away with the marina? It doesn't seem like it would be worth it to only have it open about 6 weeks during the year.
I am disappointed too. After seeing the pictures a while ago I really wanted to take my son on a bike ride since he has never been on a bike before. I thought it would be really neat to do for one of our down days. Oh well.
Old 01-05-2009, 03:38 AM   #97
Buzz2001
CSR MAN!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerful chickadee View Post
me again, one more question about maya grill...can you make adr's for the buffet or is it first come first serve/seated sort of thing? our 90 day mark is approaching (yay) and I just need to know if I definitely need an adr for here or not. thanks!!
You can do either.
Old 01-05-2009, 06:20 AM   #98
Lilolvr
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerful chickadee View Post
Its usually no problem. We've walked in and gotten seats. Its usually very empty.
Old 01-05-2009, 11:19 AM   #99
Worfiedoodles
DIS Veteran

I know I should have written this down many pages ago -- does anyone have the fax # to send room requests?

TIA!
Maria

Old 01-05-2009, 11:20 AM   #100
Lilolvr
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worfiedoodles View Post
I know I should have written this down many pages ago -- does anyone have the fax # to send room requests?

TIA!
Maria
1-407-939-1001
Old 01-05-2009, 11:46 AM   #101
Worfiedoodles
DIS Veteran

Ok, I'm finally on the right thread, and I had my faxing question answered. Thanks so much to Buzz and Kat, who are fonts of information! I can't wait until dh sees the resort -- I think this is going to convince him to come back to WDW for a few days this summer, even though he says he only wants to go to Universal. I'm counting on the fabulous accommodations, incredible pool, and delicious cuisine to convince him he can handle a few days here!

Maria

Old 01-06-2009, 07:36 AM   #102
TINKERIFIC
HOUSEHOLD CEO

Just back from CSR 12/28 - 01/03. Building 8A - room 8220.

PROS - Room is a great location. Close to pool, elevator, bus stop 4 (which is the 2nd to last stop going to the parks). Able to see HS NYE fireworks from window (which was great since we left Epcot early due to crowds & missed the midnight celebration). Great view of the beach/lake/el centro. Quesadillas at Pepper Market are wonderful!! Although we did not try it, the boats and surrey bikes looked like a lot of fun. Quiet resort, which amazed me considering the time of year. Beautiful grounds. Bus service was great, we never encountered standing room only when leaving the resort. There was never a lot of people at the park bus stops.

CONS - Not one towel animal, roaches in room (one was hiding one a new clean towel...I found it when I opened it after taking a shower...I about fell in the tub!!!), Pepper market staff, with the exception of the managers, was much to be desired. On the evening of 12/29, there was an all out brawl between workers in front of guests!! An older gentlemen who worked in the pizza area was not wearing gloves and touching people/objects then touching food without hand washing, YUCK! Although good, Maya Grill is WAY WAY overpriced!!! One day we were in our rooms resting when mousekeeping came by. I asked if they could come back in about an hour because me kids were napping and they said no, it was now or wait until tomorrow.

I would probably stay there again, but only during value season. Otherwise, it is overpriced. My DH is usually laid back about things, but he was very disappointed in this experience. He said he would never be back to CSR. IMO, that is ok because we brought back a present...a new home at AKV.
NUMEROUS TRIPS TO DLR AS A CHILD; DLR 07/02 - DH & DD 1ST DISNEY EXPERIENCE; POP 12/05 DD8 8TH B-DAY & 1ST WDW TRIP; POFQ 02/07 DS 1ST TRIP & DD GYM MEET; DLR 06/07 DS 1ST B-DAY; POP 02/08 DD GYM MEET; CSR 12/08 NYE AND DD GYM MEET;DLR GCH-CONCIERGE 6/09 DS 3RD B-DAY; AKV 6/10 FATHERS DAY & DS 4TH BDAY - ME/DH/DD/DS/DF/DB/DSIL/DN; OKW 11/10 1ST F&W ADULTS ONLY; AKV 06/11 WDW WATER PARK 1ST TIMERS!
Old 01-06-2009, 08:15 AM   #103
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Sorry about the roaches--but I guess that could happen anywhere (snakes at the Contemporary, etc.).

That is uncalled for in the Pepper Market. I've often said that the only thing that upsets me about the CSR is some of the employees at Pepper Market. We just avoid them by taking our food to go 99% of the time.

I'm glad you didn't let it ruin your trip and that you had a good time.
Old 01-06-2009, 08:17 AM   #104
Lilolvr
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TINKERIFIC View Post
We did have a wonderful time!! It is Disney, how can anyone ever have a bad time!!
Awesome! There is a rumor that they may change the Pepper Market and make it into a Boma style buffet. Not sure if it will happen though but the PM always seems to be hit or miss.

FL is loaded with palmetto bugs (Fl roaches). It happens at all resorts.
Old 01-06-2009, 08:21 AM   #105
TINKERIFIC
HOUSEHOLD CEO

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Sorry about the roaches--but I guess that could happen anywhere (snakes at the Contemporary, etc.).

That is uncalled for in the Pepper Market. I've often said that the only thing that upsets me about the CSR is some of the employees at Pepper Market. We just avoid them by taking our food to go 99% of the time.

I'm glad you didn't let it ruin your trip and that you had a good time.
Here is Texas, it is not uncommon to see those big tree roaches. They often find their way inside. Now had this been the case at CSR, I would have just gone about my normal day, because I am used to that. On the other hand, they were those small roaches. Here in Texas that is a sign of filth and uncleanliness. That is what freaked me out. Anyone who lives in Texas will definately know what I am talking about.
NUMEROUS TRIPS TO DLR AS A CHILD; DLR 07/02 - DH & DD 1ST DISNEY EXPERIENCE; POP 12/05 DD8 8TH B-DAY & 1ST WDW TRIP; POFQ 02/07 DS 1ST TRIP & DD GYM MEET; DLR 06/07 DS 1ST B-DAY; POP 02/08 DD GYM MEET; CSR 12/08 NYE AND DD GYM MEET;DLR GCH-CONCIERGE 6/09 DS 3RD B-DAY; AKV 6/10 FATHERS DAY & DS 4TH BDAY - ME/DH/DD/DS/DF/DB/DSIL/DN; OKW 11/10 1ST F&W ADULTS ONLY; AKV 06/11 WDW WATER PARK 1ST TIMERS!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: