Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2009, 12:19 PM   #76
travel with kids
DIS Veteran

Love the site..have a few questions @ CSR

First let me say, AWESOME site!!

I have a few questions. We chose CSR because it was a conveniton resort. While we will be vacationing, DH will still need to take several conference calls for his business and I will be finishing my thesis . We asumed that because it was a convention resort that it would have wifi. However, my BIL just returned and said that they still had the wire connections in the rooms and had no signs of wifi . While on this thought, do you know if they have a business center that has a fax and printer?

While we are in the Orlando area, my DH's step brother and his family would like to visit. How does one visit a WDW resort for a day? Would they be able to use the pool? We also noticed that the beach rental will be closed during our visit. Does tihs mean that we can not rent boats or bikes? I sure hope not. This was one of the selling points.

One last question.. This trip was a request of ds's for his high school graduation (we were blown away when he said he wanted to go to WDW, rather then a cruise or to Europe! ). What can we do that would be special for him (either at CSR or within WDW)? When we made our ressies we mentioned this to them. WDW called us back to confirm the information and that it will be noted at the resort. I have no clue waht this will entail, if anything. But, we would like to do something special.
Old 01-03-2009, 12:28 PM   #77
katieandemismom
DIS Veteran

Switched my bounceback

We were going to bounceback to POP at the kids' request, but after seeing the renovated rooms, I called and switched to CSR. I really think we'll be more comfortable with the queen sized beds, and the modern look is fabulous - just hoping the renovations don't get slowed down and are complete by the last week of Sept / first week of Oct. We're going for 9 nights - so excited here! My dh and older dd are very excited about the Jaguar slide (let's hope the love bugs aren't as bad by it as they were last Sept when we stopped by to check the place out).

My youngest dd has mild hypotonic cp which basically means she ends up exhausted mid-day. The last few trips we've used her stroller as a wheelchair and get special accomodation for it while in the parks. I'm hoping to be able to do so again this year as long as she doesn't get too big by then. I've requested a first floor room close to the bus stop and Dig Site so that we can minimize her running around the resort and tiring out as much as possible (and also keep us from having to carry all 50 lbs of her too often). I also asked for a corner room (that's my thing - I love natural light!). Hopefully at least some of our requests will be met - I'll be sure to fax them the week before we arrive.

I was amazed - we dropped our waterparks and more options and preferred room at POP. The cost of CSR was only $178 more after tax for the whole trip (and we don't have to worry about getting the fridge for dd's meds). It sounds pretty darn good to me!

Loving my DVC - OKW and BWV!!!!!!!

Last edited by katieandemismom; 01-03-2009 at 12:34 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-03-2009, 01:42 PM   #78
Buzz2001
CSR MAN!!

I have a few questions. We chose CSR because it was a conveniton resort. While we will be vacationing, DH will still need to take several conference calls for his business and I will be finishing my thesis . We asumed that because it was a convention resort that it would have wifi. However, my BIL just returned and said that they still had the wire connections in the rooms and had no signs of wifi . While on this thought, do you know if they have a business center that has a fax and printer? Wi-Fi is available to Guests staying at CSR. Guests with Wi-Fi enabled laptop computers or PDA's will be able to access the Internet from the common areas at CSR. Smart City is the vendor providing this service and 24-hour technical support for those Guests who need it. Smart City will bill the Guest using a secure credit card transaction via the on-screen Internet connection. Requirements: Requires a wireless interface card (WIC), available for purchase in the resort's business center. Price: $4.99 for the first 60 minutes or $9.95 for 24 contiguous hours. Coronado Springs areas include the Main Lobby, Convention Center hallway, the Dig Site (Feature Pool), Francisco's. The business center has everything you will need.

While we are in the Orlando area, my DH's step brother and his family would like to visit. How does one visit a WDW resort for a day? Would they be able to use the pool? We also noticed that the beach rental will be closed during our visit. Does this mean that we can not rent boats or bikes? I sure hope not. This was one of the selling points. They can just tell the guard they are meeting you for lunch or dinner. Its best to check at the front desk about the pool. Yes, that means no boats, bikes or fishing.

One last question.. This trip was a request of ds's for his high school graduation (we were blown away when he said he wanted to go to WDW, rather then a cruise or to Europe! ). What can we do that would be special for him (either at CSR or within WDW)? When we made our ressies we mentioned this to them. WDW called us back to confirm the information and that it will be noted at the resort. I have no clue waht this will entail, if anything. But, we would like to do something special.
Old 01-03-2009, 04:51 PM   #79
vicb
DIS Veteran

Just in the beginning stages of planning a Feb. 2010 trip (no vacations for us in 2009 as we are a GM family ). This thread is great, has convinced us to stay mod for the first time, have always stayed BC, BW or Poly.

So a question about connecting rooms... can you get two rooms with the 2 queen beds that are connecting or will one room be a king (thus at a higher rate) if we request connecting.

Thanks.
Old 01-03-2009, 05:06 PM   #80
EstherS
Mouseketeer

We have 2 Queen rooms booked and asked for them to be connected.

I know when we changed to this set up we were asked if we wanted any of the rooms to be kings.

almost 4 months till we go so I will know if it worked then.
April 2009 CSR took Daughter on her first trip to Disney!
Oct 24th - 30th 2010. TRIP CANCELED for medical reason's.
2012 & 2013 trip postponed laid off of my job.

So now planning a trip for 2014 or 2015 depending on when I find a job.
Old 01-03-2009, 06:14 PM   #81
travel with kids
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ******** View Post
While we are in the Orlando area, my DH's step brother and his family would like to visit. How does one visit a WDW resort for a day? Would they be able to use the pool? We also noticed that the beach rental will be closed during our visit. Does this mean that we can not rent boats or bikes? I sure hope not. This was one of the selling points. [b]They can just tell the guard they are meeting you for lunch or dinner. Its best to check at the front desk about the pool. Yes, that means no boats, bikes or fishing[b]
Thanks for the information. I was afraid this might be the case of bike and boat rentals. This is too bad. Well, maybe it means that it will not be so busy.
Old 01-03-2009, 06:17 PM   #82
dr28326
She is our Princess!

Need help with room request

I will be using an ECV on our trip and would like to be near the 1st bus pickup and last drop off so as to try not inconvenience people waiting while loading the scooter. I would also like to be near the restaurant and dig site and a pool for granddaughter. Looks like I am asking for it all huh?
Any suggestions as to what I should request? I guess the bus issue would be the most important.
Old 01-03-2009, 06:42 PM   #83
vicb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by travel with kids View Post
Thanks for the information. I was afraid this might be the case of bike and boat rentals. This is too bad. Well, maybe it means that it will not be so busy.
How did you know the bike rentals would be closed? Where did you find that info... just curious.

As for something special for your son hopefully the resort will have something waiting for him in the room but... how about a special cake at one of the restaurants? I'm sure there is a way to do that ahead of time so it was personalized.

Good luck.
Old 01-03-2009, 07:35 PM   #84
medtech0509
Earning My Ears

I will be honeymooning at CSR at the end of May and noticed that the Marina will be closed, which I find odd since May is a warm month. I was wondering if we can use the sea raycer vouchers from our package at another resort?
Old 01-03-2009, 08:02 PM   #85
travel with kids
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicb View Post
How did you know the bike rentals would be closed? Where did you find that info... just curious.
This is from post # 1 of this thread.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ******** View Post

6) NEWS - The marina at CSR will only be open on a seasonal basis. Here are the dates through summer of 2009.

February 15-21, 2009
April 5-18, 2009
June 24 - July 11, 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by medtech0509 View Post
I will be honeymooning at CSR at the end of May and noticed that the Marina will be closed, which I find odd since May is a warm month. I was wondering if we can use the sea raycer vouchers from our package at another resort?
I too think it is odd, but perhaps a way to cut costs...I am not sure. I wish that the resorts would simply limit, and completely shut down their facilities. We too have vouchers from our package that we will not be able to use. DH and I will have to weigh if the marina activies are that important or not. They were high on our list.
Old 01-03-2009, 08:05 PM   #86
rsjj
DIS Veteran

we're leaning towards CSR for our very first trip to wwd...trying to read thru this humongous thread...but of course, i didn't. i'm sorry, it's just way too much info here.

quick question...if we plan on staying there, and i understand there is construction/renovation should i be asking for a specific area of the resort, to avoid the construction/renovation site? if so, which area should i even ask for? and what is the pepper market? thanx in advance!!
Old 01-03-2009, 08:10 PM   #87
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsjj View Post
we're leaning towards CSR for our very first trip to wwd...trying to read thru this humongous thread...but of course, i didn't. i'm sorry, it's just way too much info here.

quick question...if we plan on staying there, and i understand there is construction/renovation should i be asking for a specific area of the resort, to avoid the construction/renovation site? if so, which area should i even ask for? and what is the pepper market? thanx in advance!!
First, the construction/renovation should not interfere with your vacation. They usually work from 8 or 9 a.m. through 5:00 p.m.--while you are at the parks. It is bascially removing/replacing carpet, painting, installing sliding doors between bathroom/bedroom, new furniture, etc. I would watch these boards to see where they are at with the renovations. As of now, Cabanas 9B is complete as is the 4th floor of Casitas 1, 2 and 3 and part of Cabanas 9A. They halted rehab during the holidays and are starting up again soon (if they haven't already).

Pepper Market is the CSR's food court.
Old 01-03-2009, 08:11 PM   #88
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by medtech0509 View Post
I am sure that you can use your voucher at one of hte other resorts. I would go with the Contemporary or Polynesian--much larger area of water.
Old 01-03-2009, 08:16 PM   #89
Buzz2001
CSR MAN!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr28326 View Post
I will be using an ECV on our trip and would like to be near the 1st bus pickup and last drop off so as to try not inconvenience people waiting while loading the scooter. I would also like to be near the restaurant and dig site and a pool for granddaughter. Looks like I am asking for it all huh?
Any suggestions as to what I should request? I guess the bus issue would be the most important.
The first bus stop is #2 for the parks.

Check out this thread.
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...05&postcount=3
Old 01-03-2009, 10:24 PM   #90
rsjj
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
First, the construction/renovation should not interfere with your vacation. They usually work from 8 or 9 a.m. through 5:00 p.m.--while you are at the parks. It is bascially removing/replacing carpet, painting, installing sliding doors between bathroom/bedroom, new furniture, etc. I would watch these boards to see where they are at with the renovations. As of now, Cabanas 9B is complete as is the 4th floor of Casitas 1, 2 and 3 and part of Cabanas 9A. They halted rehab during the holidays and are starting up again soon (if they haven't already).

Pepper Market is the CSR's food court.

thanx! i think you responded to my thread yesterday, w/wonderful info! anyways...thanx for the info on the locations of the various cabanas & such. but if i book thru disney, i don't think i have a choice of which building (i'm assuming they're buildings, the ones you mentioned...cabana 9b, casitas 1, 2, & 3, etc.) is one building preferred over another? we're a family of 4, DS7 (at time of travel), and DS9. not sure if that would make any difference? just thought i'll let you know, since you seem to know so much about this resort. i think i read that it's you & your DH's favorite, correct?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: