Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 12-12-2008, 12:43 PM   #121
NikkiLovesWDW!
"Are you seeing an increase in lateral forces?" "Sure am!"
 
NikkiLovesWDW!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Garwood, NJ
Posts: 9,413

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvMySoldier07 View Post
Welcome! Im going to be at the Poly also the 19th-25!
Yay!! I will see you there! Have you ever stayed there before? I did once when I was 13. We stayed in Tahiti but I think that was before they changed the names of the buildings. I'm debating over whether or not to put in a request or just hope they might give us a nice room because it's our honeymoon.

Just booked airfare a few weeks ago. You never really get the deals I hear other people get flying Continental our of Newark. Paid about $230 a ticket, which I'm fine with. It was the lowest I'd seen in a while so I wanted to just buy them so I wouldn't have to keep checking every day and then if they went up again, I would be so mad at myself.

I'll post my tentative ADRs and plan later!

So exciting! I've had this trip booked since March! It finally is started to feel real!
NikkiLovesWDW! is offline  
Old 12-12-2008, 05:01 PM   #122
LuvMySoldier07
Lisa
 
LuvMySoldier07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 319

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikkiLovesWDW! View Post
Yay!! I will see you there! Have you ever stayed there before? I did once when I was 13. We stayed in Tahiti but I think that was before they changed the names of the buildings. I'm debating over whether or not to put in a request or just hope they might give us a nice room because it's our honeymoon.

Just booked airfare a few weeks ago. You never really get the deals I hear other people get flying Continental our of Newark. Paid about $230 a ticket, which I'm fine with. It was the lowest I'd seen in a while so I wanted to just buy them so I wouldn't have to keep checking every day and then if they went up again, I would be so mad at myself.

I'll post my tentative ADRs and plan later!

So exciting! I've had this trip booked since March! It finally is started to feel real!
I've never stayed at the Poly but have always wanted to. I am soooooo excited to be staying there. We booked a garden view room and I put in a request that we are near the GCH. I'm sure that if you tell them its your honeymoon they will try and make your stay more special.
I havent booked airfare yet, but I plan on flying Southwest from LI Macarthur Airport. You mentioned newark so you might be from around here.
Definitley keep us updated on your plans and ADR's. Im going with my DBF so it will be nice to hear what another couple is planning on doing.
LuvMySoldier07 is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 12-12-2008, 05:16 PM   #123
Grandma4ever
One day closer and still counting!!!
 
Grandma4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Kansas City,Missouri
Posts: 4,399

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikkiLovesWDW! View Post
How did I miss this thread!

Count us in for our honeymoon!! We are taking the 6:30am flight the morning after our wedding (I know, we are nuts) and checking in for 5 nights at the Poly from July 19-25. Then we are sailing on the DCL Western and topping it off with one more day in Epcot before heading home.

I made DFi finally sit down with me last week so we can plan our meals. I want to be ready with them. I am hoping they will be back to 180 days by the time I'm ready to book.

Right now I have a AAA rate but am hoping for an AP rate.

So excited!!
Welcome to our group. I have added you to our list on page 3 post 39. Don't forget to check for a meet thread for your cruise. They can be a whole lot of fun. Congrads on your upcoming marrage. Lois
__________________
Land & sea/ Carribean Beach / Wonder 8/03; WDW POP Century & Magic 8/04 (Eastern); Magic 10/05 (Eastern / Halloween); Magic 9/06 (Eastern); WDW 9/2/07 Port Orleans FQ & Magic 9/8/07 (Western) ; WDW 9/20/08 POP Century, Magic 9/27/2008 Alternative Western, & 10/04/2008 Western; All Star Music 7/8/09, All Star Music 12/9/09, Disneyland 5/19/10 to 5/23/10, Magic 10/23/2010 (Eastern) & Magic 10/30/2010 (Western) 9/14/12 POFQ & 9/22/12 (Eastern) Fantasy, 10-25-2014 (Western) & 11-1-2014 (Eastern) Fantasy Mouser

Grandma4ever is offline  
Old 12-12-2008, 05:29 PM   #124
NikkiLovesWDW!
"Are you seeing an increase in lateral forces?" "Sure am!"
 
NikkiLovesWDW!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Garwood, NJ
Posts: 9,413

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvMySoldier07 View Post
I've never stayed at the Poly but have always wanted to. I am soooooo excited to be staying there. We booked a garden view room and I put in a request that we are near the GCH. I'm sure that if you tell them its your honeymoon they will try and make your stay more special.
I havent booked airfare yet, but I plan on flying Southwest from LI Macarthur Airport. You mentioned newark so you might be from around here.
Definitley keep us updated on your plans and ADR's. Im going with my DBF so it will be nice to hear what another couple is planning on doing.
I already let them know it's the honeymoon so I'm hoping they'll put us in a nice spot. We are also garden view. This will be our 4th trip together. In the past we've done lunch with an imagineer and the world showcase segway tour - both of which I would recommend to a couple on their honeymooon! We used to always make a trip to the Adventurer's Club but since that's closed now, we're hoping to get to Jellyrolls one night. We've done that once before and it was fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandma4ever View Post
Welcome to our group. I have added you to our list on page 3 post 39. Don't forget to check for a meet thread for your cruise. They can be a whole lot of fun. Congrads on your upcoming marrage. Lois

Thanks Lois! I found the cruise thread a few months ago. Doesn't seem like there are too many Disers on that particular one but if anyone plans on meeting, I would definitely be up for that.
NikkiLovesWDW! is offline  
Old 12-12-2008, 05:36 PM   #125
NikkiLovesWDW!
"Are you seeing an increase in lateral forces?" "Sure am!"
 
NikkiLovesWDW!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Garwood, NJ
Posts: 9,413

Lisa, I was reading earlier posts about your character meal concerns. If you are breakfast people (or even if you aren't) I highly recommend the Crystal Palace breakfast. It so nice in there, the characters come around but aren't pushy at all and the food is delicious!! The Puffed French Toast is to die for. And FYI, we did not enjoy the Chef Mickeys dinner, but that's just us. I definitely recommend Sci-Fi for lunch.
NikkiLovesWDW! is offline  
Old 12-12-2008, 06:02 PM   #126
Grandma4ever
One day closer and still counting!!!
 
Grandma4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Kansas City,Missouri
Posts: 4,399

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikkiLovesWDW! View Post
I already let them know it's the honeymoon so I'm hoping they'll put us in a nice spot. We are also garden view. This will be our 4th trip together. In the past we've done lunch with an imagineer and the world showcase segway tour - both of which I would recommend to a couple on their honeymooon! We used to always make a trip to the Adventurer's Club but since that's closed now, we're hoping to get to Jellyrolls one night. We've done that once before and it was fun!

Thanks Lois! I found the cruise thread a few months ago. Doesn't seem like there are too many Disers on that particular one but if anyone plans on meeting, I would definitely be up for that.
Can you tell me more about the Imagineer lunch? How many people are included in the group? I really want to do that with my very talented grandson. Please I need lots of details.

Also give the cruise thread some time it may get more active with planning as you get closer to your cruise date. I alway enjoy doing a meet the first day. Lets you see faces and say hi. Then you have a better chance to recognize folks later. You could recomend to the group about meeting at some point. Lois
__________________
Land & sea/ Carribean Beach / Wonder 8/03; WDW POP Century & Magic 8/04 (Eastern); Magic 10/05 (Eastern / Halloween); Magic 9/06 (Eastern); WDW 9/2/07 Port Orleans FQ & Magic 9/8/07 (Western) ; WDW 9/20/08 POP Century, Magic 9/27/2008 Alternative Western, & 10/04/2008 Western; All Star Music 7/8/09, All Star Music 12/9/09, Disneyland 5/19/10 to 5/23/10, Magic 10/23/2010 (Eastern) & Magic 10/30/2010 (Western) 9/14/12 POFQ & 9/22/12 (Eastern) Fantasy, 10-25-2014 (Western) & 11-1-2014 (Eastern) Fantasy Mouser

Grandma4ever is offline  
Old 12-12-2008, 09:10 PM   #127
NikkiLovesWDW!
"Are you seeing an increase in lateral forces?" "Sure am!"
 
NikkiLovesWDW!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Garwood, NJ
Posts: 9,413

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandma4ever View Post
Can you tell me more about the Imagineer lunch? How many people are included in the group? I really want to do that with my very talented grandson. Please I need lots of details.
Oh it was wonderful! It was a lunch at DHS at the Brown Derby. I think there was a total of 8 people in our group. A family of 4 (mom, dad and two boys), a father/son and DBF and I. We had interior designer Cathy Carver. She was the head designer of the Cinderella Castle Suit (I actually saw her on a special about it when I got home) and she designed actual room that we were eating in. She also designed parts of the cruise ships and resorts. She had been with the company for over 20 years. I don't know if they have such high profile imagineers at all the lunches or if we just got lucky.

We got personalized menus and a nice plate that she signed for each of us. We also had engraved nametags, which was a nice keepsake. I honestly don't remember much of the conversation since it was over a year and a half ago, but she talked a lot and answered any of our questions that she could. I would definitely look into it. Not sure how old your grandson is, but I'm pretty sure there is an age limit. I don't know how strictly it is enforced but I would make sure before booking.

Here are some pics.


This is the signed plate.


Engraved nametags.


Menu

NikkiLovesWDW! is offline  
Old 12-12-2008, 10:21 PM   #128
LuvMySoldier07
Lisa
 
LuvMySoldier07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 319

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikkiLovesWDW! View Post
I already let them know it's the honeymoon so I'm hoping they'll put us in a nice spot. We are also garden view. This will be our 4th trip together. In the past we've done lunch with an imagineer and the world showcase segway tour - both of which I would recommend to a couple on their honeymooon! We used to always make a trip to the Adventurer's Club but since that's closed now, we're hoping to get to Jellyrolls one night. We've done that once before and it was fun!
.
This is my first trip to disney with my DBF. ( not a honeymoon lol) Thanks for the suggestions! BTW whats Jellyrolls and where is it located?
LuvMySoldier07 is offline  
Old 12-12-2008, 10:29 PM   #129
LuvMySoldier07
Lisa
 
LuvMySoldier07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 319

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikkiLovesWDW! View Post
Lisa, I was reading earlier posts about your character meal concerns. If you are breakfast people (or even if you aren't) I highly recommend the Crystal Palace breakfast. It so nice in there, the characters come around but aren't pushy at all and the food is delicious!! The Puffed French Toast is to die for. And FYI, we did not enjoy the Chef Mickeys dinner, but that's just us. I definitely recommend Sci-Fi for lunch.
Im actually in the process of trying to decide where to go for our breakfasts so thank you for the recommendation! I think we are going to try Crystal Palace- I've heard such great things about it. I love the characters but im worried my DBF won't appreciate it as much as I would. He's never been to disney so I think he should experience at least one character meal right?
Im very excited to eat at Sci-Fi! It looks like so much fun!
LuvMySoldier07 is offline  
Old 12-13-2008, 06:40 AM   #130
Grandma4ever
One day closer and still counting!!!
 
Grandma4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Kansas City,Missouri
Posts: 4,399

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikkiLovesWDW! View Post
Oh it was wonderful! It was a lunch at DHS at the Brown Derby. I think there was a total of 8 people in our group. A family of 4 (mom, dad and two boys), a father/son and DBF and I. We had interior designer Cathy Carver. She was the head designer of the Cinderella Castle Suit (I actually saw her on a special about it when I got home) and she designed actual room that we were eating in. She also designed parts of the cruise ships and resorts. She had been with the company for over 20 years. I don't know if they have such high profile imagineers at all the lunches or if we just got lucky.

We got personalized menus and a nice plate that she signed for each of us. We also had engraved nametags, which was a nice keepsake. I honestly don't remember much of the conversation since it was over a year and a half ago, but she talked a lot and answered any of our questions that she could. I would definitely look into it. Not sure how old your grandson is, but I'm pretty sure there is an age limit. I don't know how strictly it is enforced but I would make sure before booking.
Thank you so much for the information. I will pass it along to him. He is 15 years old and is a writer and artist. I had hoped that doing this might give him some idea of what he needs to study in order to use his talents for employment. His parents are not very supportive of him in this way. Thay want him to be more of a "He Man". You know the kind that loves all sports and is at least verbally aggressive. He is not anything like that and does not like any sports. He is not real competitive but is kind and caring. He is also very creative and just a really neat person. So I will check into it and it will most likely be just Austin and I. Beth and Janet will eat someplace else that day. Again thanks so much for the info. Lois
__________________
Land & sea/ Carribean Beach / Wonder 8/03; WDW POP Century & Magic 8/04 (Eastern); Magic 10/05 (Eastern / Halloween); Magic 9/06 (Eastern); WDW 9/2/07 Port Orleans FQ & Magic 9/8/07 (Western) ; WDW 9/20/08 POP Century, Magic 9/27/2008 Alternative Western, & 10/04/2008 Western; All Star Music 7/8/09, All Star Music 12/9/09, Disneyland 5/19/10 to 5/23/10, Magic 10/23/2010 (Eastern) & Magic 10/30/2010 (Western) 9/14/12 POFQ & 9/22/12 (Eastern) Fantasy, 10-25-2014 (Western) & 11-1-2014 (Eastern) Fantasy Mouser


Last edited by Grandma4ever; 12-13-2008 at 06:42 AM. Reason: Just can't spell!!!
Grandma4ever is offline  
Old 12-13-2008, 06:53 AM   #131
NikkiLovesWDW!
"Are you seeing an increase in lateral forces?" "Sure am!"
 
NikkiLovesWDW!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Garwood, NJ
Posts: 9,413

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvMySoldier07 View Post
This is my first trip to disney with my DBF. ( not a honeymoon lol) Thanks for the suggestions! BTW whats Jellyrolls and where is it located?
Oh sorry! Don't know why I thought you said it was you honeymoon too! Jellyrolls is a "dueling" piano bar, although they don't really "duel," more like take turns playing songs or play songs together. It just like a bar with lots of tables and free popcorn (no other food is served.) They play mostly requests and it's super fun if you're looking for a night out. They DO allow smoking inside, which I know is an issue for some people.


Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvMySoldier07 View Post
Im actually in the process of trying to decide where to go for our breakfasts so thank you for the recommendation! I think we are going to try Crystal Palace- I've heard such great things about it. I love the characters but im worried my DBF won't appreciate it as much as I would. He's never been to disney so I think he should experience at least one character meal right?
Im very excited to eat at Sci-Fi! It looks like so much fun!
If you're going to do just one character meal for a newcomer, I think Crystal Palace is the way to go. And Sci-Fi is a good "jumping into Disney" meal too.

Our first trip together in 2006 was DFi's first trip EVER and I had been so many times. I was so nervous that he wasn't going to have fun and we would have to break up! (j/k!) BUT luckily, he LOVED it and now we are crazy about Disney together. I had the trip very planned out so he didn't have to think about a thing. I had a nighttime activity scheduled for each night, whether it was fireworks or going out somewhere and I just toted him around, wide-eyed and amazed! It was awesome! I really hope your trip with DBF is just as fun!!!
NikkiLovesWDW! is offline  
Old 12-13-2008, 06:58 AM   #132
NikkiLovesWDW!
"Are you seeing an increase in lateral forces?" "Sure am!"
 
NikkiLovesWDW!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Garwood, NJ
Posts: 9,413

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandma4ever View Post
Thank you so much for the information. I will pass it along to him. He is 15 years old and is a writer and artist. I had hoped that doing this might give him some idea of what he needs to study in order to use his talents for employment. His parents are not very supportive of him in this way. Thay want him to be more of a "He Man". You know the kind that loves all sports and is at least verbally aggressive. He is not anything like that and does not like any sports. He is not real competitive but is kind and caring. He is also very creative and just a really neat person. So I will check into it and it will most likely be just Austin and I. Beth and Janet will eat someplace else that day. Again thanks so much for the info. Lois
I think you should absolutely take your grandson on this lunch. He should pursue what he loves, especially if he has talents. I think he could really benefit from this experience. The imagineer will talk to him about how he/she got started in the company and I'm sure they they will answer any questions he or anyone else has. I think the booking date is 60 days in advance. Here is the info I found on allears.
http://allears.net/din/dine_imag.htm
NikkiLovesWDW! is offline  
Old 12-13-2008, 03:46 PM   #133
LuvMySoldier07
Lisa
 
LuvMySoldier07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 319

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikkiLovesWDW! View Post
Oh sorry! Don't know why I thought you said it was you honeymoon too! Jellyrolls is a "dueling" piano bar, although they don't really "duel," more like take turns playing songs or play songs together. It just like a bar with lots of tables and free popcorn (no other food is served.) They play mostly requests and it's super fun if you're looking for a night out. They DO allow smoking inside, which I know is an issue for some people.
If you're going to do just one character meal for a newcomer, I think Crystal Palace is the way to go. And Sci-Fi is a good "jumping into Disney" meal too.
Our first trip together in 2006 was DFi's first trip EVER and I had been so many times. I was so nervous that he wasn't going to have fun and we would have to break up! (j/k!) BUT luckily, he LOVED it and now we are crazy about Disney together. I had the trip very planned out so he didn't have to think about a thing. I had a nighttime activity scheduled for each night, whether it was fireworks or going out somewhere and I just toted him around, wide-eyed and amazed! It was awesome! I really hope your trip with DBF is just as fun!!!
Jellyrolls sounds like a lot of fun and definetly something DBF would enjoy doing. Its on the boarwalk right? Is it open late?
Lol I'm worried about my DBF not having a good time too! Hes not really into theme parks so I made sure we got the deluxe dining plan and therefore, have to schedule 2 or 3 meals a day. The majority of our trip is going to be eating! ( which he loves to do! lol) This way we won't be spending the entire days at the parks. We can go for a few hours at a time in between meals. Hopefully this will help him gain a likeness for disney and want to return in the future.
LuvMySoldier07 is offline  
Old 12-17-2008, 05:26 PM   #134
LuvMySoldier07
Lisa
 
LuvMySoldier07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 319

It's been very quiet on this thread. Guess everyone's busy preparing for the holidays.
LuvMySoldier07 is offline  
Old 12-17-2008, 05:34 PM   #135
NikkiLovesWDW!
"Are you seeing an increase in lateral forces?" "Sure am!"
 
NikkiLovesWDW!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Garwood, NJ
Posts: 9,413

Oh Lisa! I never answered your last few questions!! Jellyrolls IS on the Boardwalk and it's open until 2am.

Sounds like you have a good food plan!!
NikkiLovesWDW! is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:37 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: