Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-03-2008, 07:54 AM   #16
Nicole786
DIS Veteran

I love the haunted mansion photopass picture, I love seeing all the incorporated character ones!

Next Trip: September 25, 2014!
Universal's Royal Pacific Resort & Animal Kingdom Lodge!
Old 12-03-2008, 08:17 AM   #17
My sister's princess
These boards have grimmer police
I have never been involved in a conspiracy before!

That was the first one we found and at first I was really confused. The photopass photographer explained it to me though. I love that Jeff seems to want no part of it lol
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-03-2008, 04:12 PM   #18
My sister's princess

Warning: Things maybe a little out of order from here on. I can’t quite remember when we did things but I sure do remember them!!!!!

ON TO TOONTOWN!!!!
Toontown Fair!!

Into Minnie’s house

Wandering around

Minnie’s living room

Micky’s House!

His bedroom

Kitchen

Pluto’s House

A very nice mom took our picture by the pumpkins!! Thank you!

Cactuses

We didn’t wait in the lines to see Minnie and Micky, we had done breakfast together it was ok.

From here we continue around the park.
Ariel anyone?

And some Cindy

At this point not sure how or why, but we all stopped taking pictures.

We had a yummy dinner at Cosmic Ray’s loved the singing!!

We rode the Carousel of progress LOVED it. I still sing it’s a great big beautiful tomorrow often!

Ok how about some nighttime castle pictures? You can never have enough pictures, that seems to be the theme here

Purple

Green

Pink

We saw the spectro magic parade! Super fun!
This is where I acquired my second pair of ears on the trip. A girl can never have enough ears don’t ya know.

I know these didn’t come out well, but who doesn’t love this parade?

King Triton!

And then ::::::::::

Wishes. WOW.
I stood next to my sister and we wrapped our arms around each other. About half way through I stared to cry. I never thought that I would make it to Disney, and I never dreamed that I would get to share it with my best friend. I was so happy and thankful to be there and just so moved. This became my favorite moment of the trip.

We had a few more things to do tonight! Including pictures with the nighttime castle YAY for photo pass!!!

Please notice the night ears. Yea we made fun of my sis the rest of the trip for not having ears that light up.

Love the castle effects in this one

Toystory time!

Because of the fear of the dark I choose to sit out on Stitch, but we waited for Jeffery to ride. We were well into the extra magic hours at this point and I was getting tired and cranky!

But had enough energy to goof around while we wait for Jeff in the gift shop

I was fading VERY quickly. Like I wana go to bed now or I am going to have a melt down like a 5 year old in the store.
But we still had the Laugh floor to do!
Jeff got made fun of for having “4 ears” as he was wearing his ears. He even got to answer a joke. I love the whole “that guy” concept. This show is a must do!

At this point I was done. I had to get some rest or tomorrow wasn’t going to be any fun. We headed back “home” I got back and called the new boyfriend. Talked to him for all of 2 minuets and crashed. Haha that’s good for a budding relationship right?

What will tomorrow bring? Will I see more princesses. There hasn’t been much princess time and I was getting a little whiny about it! O and we better get to eat something yummy!

Last edited by My sister's princess; 12-03-2008 at 04:20 PM.
Old 12-04-2008, 09:48 PM   #19
minniemousepancake
Earning My Ears

I loved the last update! That was so sweet about watching Wishes with your sister. I'm planning a trip with my boyfriend right now, but I'd love to take my sister some day! (She's 13, I'm 20).

Don't you just hate how tired you get by the end of the day? You want to stay up and be at disney as long as possible, but it's exhausting!

Love the report, can't wait to see what happens next!
January 2011: Off property with the whole family
Old 12-05-2008, 10:09 AM   #20
My sister's princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by minniemousepancake View Post
I loved the last update! That was so sweet about watching Wishes with your sister. I'm planning a trip with my boyfriend right now, but I'd love to take my sister some day! (She's 13, I'm 20).

Don't you just hate how tired you get by the end of the day? You want to stay up and be at disney as long as possible, but it's exhausting!

Love the report, can't wait to see what happens next!

I do hate how tired I was. I look back and wish I would have stuck it out a little longer!
Old 12-05-2008, 10:15 AM   #21
My sister's princess

DAY 2 (Monday)

The phone rings

Andy “Munchkin grab that”

Me “Hellow” (I don’t like waking up)

Stitch “NO MORE SLEEPING!!!”

Stitch is lose!!!!!! Thanks for the warning Micky!

What a way to start the day. I still wasn’t impressed due to the lack of sleep. I like to sleep. A lot. Like I will go to bed at 11 and get up at 9 kinda sleep. You know how much sleep it takes to be this happy all the time?
Anyway

I get out of bed and move to the shower. While I am using the Micky soap Jeff makes me some oatmeal. We did breakfast in the room everyday to save our meals for later on.
Andy walks in while I am in the shower and says don’t forget sunscreen!

As I start brushing my hair I realize that I have a sunburn. Not on my nose, not on my ears.....On my part in my hair. My sister had smothered me with sunscreen the day before and I was fine, except the part. As you will see from here on out I go with the pony tail.

As I put the pony tail up Andy ties a bow in it because “Disney is more fun with a bow in your hair.” I truly have the best sister in the world.

We get out the door and are off to the bus stop. This is the first morning I notice that it takes forever for the bus to do all the stops in OKW! O yea, the bus I am on ~ Disney Hollywood Studios

We pull up and I get into line like a good girl to have my bag dug through and get a smile when the bag checker sees my 1st visit button!

Ready for some more pictures of me?

So I guess I didn’t like Jeff again this morning, but we had made progress the day before

Look who’s here, hey you woke me up!

Ta da!!!!

OK Look Scared!

Truth was, I was scared. I had promised to ride the tower of terror and Rocking Roller Coaster today. Yea nuts I know.

First order of the day then Tower of Terror. Yes I am terrified. I don’t like the dark and this looks dark. Very very dark. Jeff and I are the only two who will be “taking the plunge” Andy doesn’t do this type of thing, and Jeff was excited to have someone to ride with him! So we walk up, all the way into the preshow. OK Jeff is standing next to me and it is dark in here. Maybe he isn’t so bad! We get on.
Me~ Yea you need to move nearer to me.
Jeff ~ Ok
Off we go. It was super fun! I can’t believe I did it. I was scared and nervous and loved it! It went up and the doors opened! What a view from up there.

We walked out to see our picture of my first tower ride.
Jeff red necked it for me!

We are all the way up to the left.

Ok that was fun on to the Rocking Roller Coaster. This was amazing. Jeff had to talk me down as I was getting really upset as we got into the loading room. But being a great guy he got me on and I am so glad he did. Maybe I even like this guy! Again Andy sat out on this one!

As we were walking in, Andy said she didn't know what to do while we were on the ride. Normally when she is waiting for Jeff on these rides she calls me!

This is the photo pass guys asking if Andy wants to be in the picture. I told him no just me and my brother, we were the only ones brave enough to ride! ~Wait did I just say my brother?~

Sweet ride!!!!!

Anyone who is that kind to someone who is trying to work with a fear is ok in my book!

So from this point on Jeff and I make fun of Andy at all times for not riding with us.

We did the scary stuff, now on to Beauty and the beast! And from what I hear there is mermaid to be seen in this park!!!
Old 12-05-2008, 10:42 AM   #22
pixiefairy
DIS Veteran

I'm loving your TR! You look like you are having a blast! I am glad you tried to face your fears and get on rides that scare the bejeezus out of you...I was 24 the first time I went on ToT....but I ended up loving it!

Adults only, 40th birthday trip for my sis Oct 2013
Old 12-05-2008, 12:27 PM   #23
My sister's princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiefairy View Post
I'm loving your TR! You look like you are having a blast! I am glad you tried to face your fears and get on rides that scare the bejeezus out of you...I was 24 the first time I went on ToT....but I ended up loving it!

I felt like such a nerd though. I wasn't scared of the fall on the TOT or the upside down on the r&rc I was afraid of the dark. I just needed someone there that understood
Old 12-05-2008, 01:01 PM   #24
heaven2dc
DIS Veteran

Sounds like you guys are having a blast! That is so sweet that you and your sister get along so well and sweet of her to treat you to WDW!

I can't wait to eat at Cosmic Ray's - I remember it from my trip in 1997. I'm glad you rode ToT and Rockn' Roller Coaster - ToT is my fav ride. I never thought of the dark parts before til you mentioned it on some of the rides but glad you were brave

WDW Trips: March 1997 (BWV), February 2008 (BWV), December 2008 (BWV), Nov/Dec 2010 (BWV)

Disneyland Trips: September 1983, AP Holder July 2013 (twice), August 2013 & November 2013

All Our Dreams Come True If We Have the Courage To Pursue Them - Walt Disney
Old 12-05-2008, 01:18 PM   #25
My sister's princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by heaven2dc View Post
Sounds like you guys are having a blast! That is so sweet that you and your sister get along so well and sweet of her to treat you to WDW!
She treated me to the hotel, but I paid for my plane, Dinning plan and park tickets. The rest (hotel, planning, and special surprises including some meals) she cover. I know I am so lucky to haver her!

I don't know if you have read the TR about the sister's that didn't speak for a week after. That one is one of my favorites, if I had acted like the sister in that one my sis might have hurt me
Old 12-05-2008, 04:18 PM   #26
pixiefairy
DIS Veteran

I understand the dark thing...I took my 7 year old on ToT and he was ok with everything but the dark. He HATED it.

I read that TR....I would have left that sister behind the first day! Don't mess with me at Disney!!!

Adults only, 40th birthday trip for my sis Oct 2013
Old 12-06-2008, 11:21 AM   #27
My sister's princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiefairy View Post
I understand the dark thing...I took my 7 year old on ToT and he was ok with everything but the dark. He HATED it.

I read that TR....I would have left that sister behind the first day! Don't mess with me at Disney!!!
I am so sorry to hear he hated it! I know for me as long as I have someone close I will be ok, it just really freaks me out sometimes. There is nothing worse than being in the happiest place on earth and being terrified.
Old 12-06-2008, 12:24 PM   #28
My sister's princess

e headed away from the scary stuff and on the some princess time!!!

Beauty and the Beast here we come!!

Mrs. Pots

Be our guest!!!

Fancy!!

A quiet moment

The Change!

The prince

True love

Yellow dress!!!!

The end

What a fun show. At first I was worried that they wouldn’t have enough time to tell the whole story. They did an amazing job. I love the live music, and the talent they have here is great. We were sitting in front of the cutest little girl. We ended up seeing the family later in the day. It was almost as fun to watch her reaction to the show as it was to watch the show.

From here we headed over to the toy story meet and greet area. Look at who we found

Smile!

This was a very funny joke for me to play on my boyfriend. He is in the Army National Guard. I gave him this picture and told him I had found a real army man. He wasn’t impressed.

The line to meet the toy story guys was just way too long to think about. Not only was the ling long, but they had just gone on a break. We walked around and found this little penguin on the toy cart near here. When you squeezed it it shook and laughed. For some reason all three of us thought this was the funniest thing we had ever seen. Jeff recorded it onto his phone we were all so amused by it.

Now how about some pictures with that big hat!?

Love how they will take the pic with your camera to!

And now a word about Grumpy

Grumpy is the fanny pack Jeff is wearing. At first when we were talking about what kind of park bag I would get I wanted a princess fanny pack. I don’t know what it is about Disney that makes fanny packs ok, but I like it. When I couldn’t find one I decided on my bag, which was good in the long run with my ear obsession! Grumpy was the place that held everything of importance. Our tickets, room keys, everything. Grumpy never leaves Jeff’s body. This is one of the best things anyone can do. I loved my back pack for ears, lanyard with pins and sweatshirts, but I would never dare to leave anything of value in a backpack!

Under the hat is the pin store as you all know. I love this place. Pins became on of my favorite things about the Disney parks. Where else in the world can you walk up to someone you don’t know and ask them to trade something with you? I loved the thrill of the hunt, and the interaction that came from asking people to trade with me. By the end of the week I had more than a lanyard full. I stopped wearing it because it became too heavy!

We went on and had lunch I think at Backlot Express. It’s the one with all the neat stuff hanging on the walls. I had the Turkey sandwich and chocolate cake with a frozen something cherry to drink I think. Very very yummy. I am sad that I didn’t take many food pictures on this trip. I know better for next time and will be a good DISer and do so.

This is another time I would like to say how much I loved the dinning plan. I would never get dessert with meals like this if it wasn’t included. I loved all the food I at that week, and can’t imagine what I would have done without that plan.

We asked a photo pass person to take our picture in front of the theater, but they told us they were not allowed to. The owner of the theater the one at HS is modeled after won’t allow them to take and sell pictures of people in front of it. But he did take on with my camera!

Up next: a special meet and greet!
Old 12-09-2008, 10:43 AM   #29
My sister's princess

As we walked away we saw Cruella.
She had the most amazing personality. She was yelling at people, hollering NEXT when she was done greeting each guest

She signed my book

Posed

Told me my shirt was nice but needed spots

And then asked me why I didn’t have one of her pins. She noticed that I was wearing a lanyard, but had none of her on it and insisted I correct this immediately. They were also handing out temporary tattoos celebrating the release of 101 Dalmatians soon! She was the most interactive character that I met on the trip! What a hoot!

We watched the Muppets Movie, not as good as Philhar Magic, but still fun! I even looked when he hit the wall at the end! I love how they have the grumpy men in the room with you to!

We rode the great movie ride! I was NOT a fan of the alien room at all. However I loved all the stuff in the queue line. It was fun to have something to look at in the tiny line.

The Voyage of the Little Mermaid was wonderful!!! I loved the show. However there was one of those people in my show. You know the ones who think the no flash photography rule is for everyone but them. The CMs working the show were great though. The second the flash went off they were all over the person. However they did it during the under the sea number, and it took some of the magic away to see the people on the stage. I loved the effect though of the black light and dancing fish!

And we are off again! Still on a quest to squish pennies wherever we go! I am happily squishing a penny, when Jeff says come here now. There were Mike and Sully! With only one person in line to meet them!!!! Sully chased my sister all around the room it was the funniest thing I have ever seen. I was laughing so hard. They were very funny and super playful!

Wait where is his hand!

This was a great day we didn’t see to many characters, but the ones we did were awesome. They were so fun and interactive.
Old 12-09-2008, 11:37 AM   #30
disneykibbes5
Mouseketeer

Great report. Sign me up. I can't wait to read more.
Great photos.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: