Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-24-2008, 01:23 PM   #91
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

Well I'm glad you all landed in one piece and congrats on the baby news!!! How very exciting all this must be for you!! Can't wait to hear more about your trip and your stay at CBR!

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
Old 11-24-2008, 01:34 PM   #92
TPCShauna
Most Cheerful Creativear
I think "Under the Sea" would be a nice place to live
I definitely think that the colored mini marshmallows make the best peep poop

Location: Orlando, FL - just minutes from the magic! (but I'm still a Texas girl at heart!)

How great that Liam did so well on the plane and your fainting spell wasn't too horrible. Kudos to DH for having the presence of mind to take your pulse. Mine probably wouldn't notice I had fainted in the first place.

Nice car. Was it big enough for y'all?
Register to remove

Old 11-24-2008, 02:20 PM   #93
maxie
Thanks so much for the tips
We are getting a Disney fix of some kind!!

Enjoying the TR!
Old 11-25-2008, 01:06 PM   #94
kschafer
DIS Veteran

Joining in! Great start.

Liam is absolutely adorable! congrats too on the new baby.

Can't wait to read more about your trip.

June 2008, WDW with the entire family, May 2010, Girls only...woohoo!
June 2011, Two week blowout, December 2013, Christmas with the Mouse
Old 11-29-2008, 09:39 AM   #95
MRYPPNS
Practically Prefect in Every Way

I have the next update written but I'm having internet issues so I don't dare try to post it yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
The car is very cute -- I have a hunch that was photographed at CBR!
You are correct...our little parking lot at CBR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mejkjj97 View Post
Congratulations!!

Just found your trip report and enjoying it very much!

I was one of those women who fainted, I think 3 times, when I was pregnant. Each time was at work. It was only in the 1st trimester and early 2nd. I never got sick but I took the passing out as my form of morning sickness.

Your son Liam is a doll and I can't wait to here more
Ohhhhh....fainting 3 times! I think I'll stick with the morning sickness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
Well I'm glad you all landed in one piece and congrats on the baby news!!! How very exciting all this must be for you!! Can't wait to hear more about your trip and your stay at CBR!
I'll have a whole review of CBR if I can ever manage to write it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPCShauna View Post
How great that Liam did so well on the plane and your fainting spell wasn't too horrible. Kudos to DH for having the presence of mind to take your pulse. Mine probably wouldn't notice I had fainted in the first place.

Nice car. Was it big enough for y'all?
It would be possbile if you were sitting down for people not to notice you fainted....they might just think you were nodding off.

The car was big enough, it had a very large trunk that fit two 29" pieces of luggage and one 27" piece and there was still more room. The stroller had to go in the back seat to and from the airport but once the luggage was out of the trunk we traveled daily with the stroller in the trunk. Now if we would have had 2 car seats we would have been in trouble.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxie View Post
Enjoying the TR!
Thank you! and Welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kschafer View Post
Joining in! Great start.

Liam is absolutely adorable! congrats too on the new baby.

Can't wait to read more about your trip.
Thank you and hopefully I'll get the next update up later today!

Old 11-30-2008, 12:20 AM   #97
ILuvCrush
DIS Veteran

HI Heidi!!!

I followed you over from LL's TR...I'm glad I made it before it got TOO big! Thanks for the links

Great report so far! I'd have been worried about the faint too... glad the DR said it was no big deal

I can't wait to hear what you thought of CSR... It looks so nice, but so BIG

Oh and congrats on the new baby!! If he/she are even close to as adorable as Liam...WOW!! He's beautiful

Paula
Old 11-30-2008, 06:53 AM   #98
MRYPPNS
Practically Prefect in Every Way

Checkn' In

OK where were we? Oh yeah the airport in our rental car headed for the Caribbean Beach Resort (11am). Here’s a tip for you: make sure your GPS is up and running before you leave the parking garage. We didn’t get lost, but we didn’t go the way we had originally wanted to. We got to CBR within 30 minutes.

I headed into the Customs House to check-in armed with my reservation notes and my laminated map. One side of my map was of CBR and the other side was the general map of WDW property….it came in really handy thru out the vacation. Check-in was busy but the line wasn’t that bad. It’s loud in the Customs House, bad acoustics. I had the unfortunate opportunity to stand behind a family of Disney pod-people. You know those people…the frequent Disney vacationers that feel the need to tell everyone around them how well they know Disney….blah blah blah. I wasn’t waiting long before a Concierge CM named Adam waved me down to his station. I had a couple things I need to accomplish during check-in, getting the right room and not getting our park tickets on our KTTW cards. CM Adam asks my name and goes to work. Too bad he was too quick and didn’t bother to ask me any questions. Now don’t get me wrong….Adam was a great CM as you will hear in a bit…he was too focused on getting me out of there to notice I had a laminated map and notes with me and that I might have some questions or requests. I paid for a King bed room and had put in a ressie request for a 1st floor Nemo rehabbed room. And I needed a tub. If you have ever stayed in a King bed room you might know that some of them have no tub in the bathroom because they are wheelchair accessible rooms. Adam had keys really for me for a King, 1st floor room in a non-Nemo section (I don’t remember if it had a tub). Nope sorry, try again. I nicely explained that I needed a King, Nemo, tub room….I would prefer 1st floor but I would take 2nd floor if need be to get the other requirements. I should explain why I wanted a Nemo room....it wasn't for the Nemo decor, it was because the room would be newly rehabed, with new carpet, etc. and with a child that spends a lot of time on the floor playing I wanted things to be in as good repair as possible. CM Adam clicked around on the computer and offered me a different room (I don’t remember what it was but it was still not what I wanted and when I’m spending that kind of money I’m not going to give up that easily. I was nice but firm in my requests and he went out back. He returned and offered a double bed room with Nemo, 1st floor and tub with a water view. No dice. Then I asked if the room I wanted would be available for check-in tomorrow and we could switch rooms then. He went again went out back. I guess CM Adam and the room assigner in the back decided that I wasn’t going to give up because guess what room CM Adam offered this time…..King bed, 1st floor, tub, Nemo updated! Just what I wanted! Funny how it was now available to me. The moral to my story is to be polite, but firm. And check-in as soon as you possibly can because the room you want (within reason) is probably not occupied yet, just assigned to someone else.

Then I had our 1 park ticket each pulled off our KTTW cards and put on separate cards since we would be using old tickets this vacation. John and Liam had caught up me but this time and we headed back out to the car to decide what to do next since our room wasn’t ready.

Next Up: What do we do while waiting for our room and how long will that be???

Old 11-30-2008, 07:41 AM   #99
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

I never tire of seeing the welcome signs to Disney property!

I am definitely going to take your advice to heart -- this will be the first trip that I want specifics -- usually whatever is fine -- but this year I need a day bed room (Chelsea and Connor detest sleeping together) and a full balcony. I will be so polite, but oh so firm!
Old 11-30-2008, 07:49 AM   #100
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

I need to take this advice as well because I really want a room in the Mansion section of Port Orleans Riverside. Nothing else will do!

I can't wait to see pictures of your room.
Old 11-30-2008, 07:52 AM   #101
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
I need to take this advice as well because I really want a room in the Mansion section of Port Orleans Riverside. Nothing else will do!

I can't wait to see pictures of your room.
Not to hijack, but have you made your request yet on your ressie, LL? I need to call and do mine soon.
Old 11-30-2008, 07:53 AM   #102
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

I also love seeing the WDW arch and then all of the street signs. That truly says Disney to me (literally! ).

Good tips in this chapter, Miss Heidi! I am liking the laminated map. I am a laminating fool at home not sure why I didn't connect that to my Disney obsession. And I also like the polite but firm approach. Now I just have to figure out what I should ask for!

Looking forward to more. Glad your internet issues are fixed!

Old 11-30-2008, 07:54 AM   #103
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Not to hijack, but have you made your request yet on your ressie, LL? I need to call and do mine soon.
I have! The lady was very nice about it when I mentioned that's where I wanted to stay and she's like I can request that now for you. I figured I'd wait until it got closer. I also asked if I should pay for the water view if it would "help" me get it and she said I should be able to get it without paying extra so that was nice of her I thought.
Old 11-30-2008, 07:58 AM   #104
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
I have! The lady was very nice about it when I mentioned that's where I wanted to stay and she's like I can request that now for you. I figured I'd wait until it got closer. I also asked if I should pay for the water view if it would "help" me get it and she said I should be able to get it without paying extra so that was nice of her I thought.
That was nice of her. I really don't think you will have a problem getting a mansion room. I think there are more mansion rooms than AB rooms anyway.
Old 11-30-2008, 08:49 AM   #105
TarzansKat
I may be TarzansKat, but I love Captain Jack!
Wow. It's still getting pretty hot around here

Good for you on being firm, and polite. I'm sure they get a lot of people who aren't that, and it's good when you stand your grand and get what you need, you know?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: