Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-21-2008, 11:30 AM   #196
312.Duck
pro-Duck

Exclamation BACKTRACK - End of Day 02 daily log notes!!!

HEY! Before I continue with MY version of the events starting DAY 03,
let me post my daily cliff notes which I was jotting down before bed nightly to help jog my memory (cleaned up a bit):

Code:
Day 02 SAT- slept like ____ on wrong side of bed, back & knee killing me...
get up, start stretching, she goes to bakery, comes back, I stretch more, 
walk around....Dolphin...Swan...Yacht CLub, Beach Club...
went to Epcot instead of Capn Jacks, Kefta, pasta, beef thing, soup at France, 
slushie, waddle around past Mexico, long line at Korea for beer, bac to mehico, 
drink lg iced tea, feel like pukinig, go on Duck ride, feel better...
walk back to BW to get ready for dinner at Ohana...
loving free DVC valet service, long walk from car to tram for stupid ride 
to ohoana which we could have walked...get in there, get great seat, 
pineapple, Widmer, Hawaiian fun, great dessert...tram to spectro and wishes...
t forgets our Disney brick location...tried to get water, gave the hell up...
squished in with bad back to wishes...photopasses...
went on rides cuz everyone left...big timber...space...carpet rides, dumbo...
pirates (splashed fixed)...tree closed...home... loving free DVC valet service

Translation:
¤ I ate so much a lunch I thought I was going to lose it, but the new Donald Duck ride soothed my tummy.
¤ We could have walked to Ohana in a about 1/3 of the time it took to wait for a monorail <LOL>.
¤ We tried to locate our Disney commemorative Brick without our location information -- in the DARK.
¤ Pirates of the Carribean, for the FIRST TIME since I've ever started going to DisneyWorld got the splashes from the ships' cannons' to a respectable height (they used to splash high enough to get you wet at Disneyland, but have always been little "bloops" at the World).
¤ And...the Swiss Family Robinson Tree, always my favorite (since the Tiki Room was changed ) was closed...

<phew!~>

Click here to see TyRy's Dis binder growth over time...
< "Miss you, mom."

Last edited by 312.Duck; 11-21-2008 at 08:01 PM.
Old 11-21-2008, 12:22 PM   #197
312.Duck
pro-Duck

Cool Mickey's Hand is back in MY pocket - DH's Defense!|Day03 #1 - sleep in, Ragland Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyRy View Post
Today dawned really early and I was out the door around 7:30am to go and check-in at AKV.
DH was still asleep, so I finished ...
OHHH YESSS!!! Now that's what vacation's all about.
Sleeping in late, and having a crazy Dizzer go and get your room details taken care of for you!

=-=
I wonder if Tiggerbell does this while her sisters/daughters sleep in?
=-=

Originally Posted by TyRy
I used one of the quick exits DH detailed as we parked in the lot right by the bus stop the night before. That was a really quick way to the car.

Yep...the green path, below,
for those of you in the far wing at the Boardwalk...

Let's review (or not):

CLICK TO ENLARGE
Green path ...leading to the front... next to our room...
led to the front driveway, on the hotel side of the bridge
which separates the parking lot from the grounds.
When using valet, simply turn <left> and walk up to
the entrance...and I adore this walk.
BTW, The Boardwalk entrance is my favorite of all Disney Resorts...

Since we had not had breakfast and had no plans until dinner we decided to see if we could get into Raglan Road.
DH started off with a beer flight and I had just a pop.
<< FYI: "pop" is MidWest for "soda"

Yeah...I was slightly disapppointed with the "flight."
This being Ragland Road (beautiful inside), the big Irish joint at Disney,
I was hoping for a li'l something different than the same ol' stuff we have at
every south side Irish tagern in Chicago: Guiness, Smithwickes, Harps, etc...
I mean, I like them all, and the presentation was gorgeous as expected, but...
as with just about everything else consumable at Disney these days, it was a slight letdown.
I guess they assume most come from areas where these things are less standard?

DH ordered the Keen Eye for the Shepherds Pie

Wow...I really hate to sound like a complainer, but here goes:
THIS:

is NOT Shepherds Pie as I know it!
LOL...it looks like someone stuck a Campbell's soup can into a real bowl of Pie,
dumped everything around it, and gave you what was inside the can.
At any local joint around here you get a full bowl...for about $6-8.
Granted this is Disney. I expect to pay more. But not for so much less.
I'll pay $14 for Shepherds Pie (yikes), but I should at least be getting a tummy-full of something that resembles what I'm used to eating at a pub. No?

and I had the Fada Burger minus the cheese.

Now THIS was good! Burger was big, juicy, tasty.
And her fries were about as unique as I've ever seen. Looked like big fingers!

Who killed the salt shaker?
_____________________YUM! _____________________

For dessert DH ordered Gert’s Bread and Butter Pudding. I only had a taste which was yummy, but I think DH enjoyed it.

OH MAN...This was recommend by our waiter at Ohana, and he was Spot On!
Best dessert I've had at Disney...better than the Bananas Foster at Ohana.
<licks lips>

vanilla and butterscotch sauces! wooooo...wee!

__________________________________________________ ______________________

< "Miss you, mom."

Last edited by 312.Duck; 11-21-2008 at 08:04 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-21-2008, 05:16 PM   #198
312.Duck
pro-Duck

Wink Mickey's Hand is back in MY pocket - DH's Defense!|Day03 #2 - Our new HOME!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyRy View Post
Since the DIL's are now very close we call and check and our room is ready, #5430.
So DH decides we can come back later in the week to buy things (again, famous last words ) so he makes me put it all down so we can go meet up with them at AKV.
LOLOL...hey, that's like avoiding shopping when you're hungry,
or posting on a message board when you're drunk!
Get some ideas, then come back when you have your head, so to speak.

I made her put this back:

As far as the "famous last words," well... We did come back, but she was sicker 'n a dog at at that time.
...that story's upcoming.

Plus, we were in the middle of switching hotels and meeting my parents. It's enough of a task just getting the luggage up and getting situated, much less bringing home a bunch of souveniers.

My parents drove all the way down, and met us at the exact time they said they would; Florida trips are second nature to them.
My Maternal Grandparents (DGP's?) lived in AZ, and we used to go to DisneyLAND when I was a kid,
but FLA has long been a much more convenient drive for anyone East of the Mississippi, and they're no stranger to it.

Well – have I mentioned I have no sense of direction?
...so we went back the other way. We eventually found the room, but just barely beat the guys to it. Oopsie.
Well, there's also the fact that I became quite attached to AKL much more quickly than TyRy on our first visit here, and got to know the layout quite well, quickly. I really, REALLY love this place.

It’s exactly like we expected and I’m really, really happy with it.
OH MAN, are we ever!
---
I'm really surprised how good this is.
Granted, these villas are 2 feet shorter- door to window -as they're using existing hotel rooms,
so you lose one bathroom and the separate shower in the Master.
Also, the laundry is in a hallway which divides the Master bedroom from the Master bath so everyone can access it.
BUT...I have to admit it's nice being close to Mara for a quick soda, snack, Mickey Waffle...
I think any DVC would benefit from some counter service, even though the idea is that you don't necessarily need it. At Boardwalk Villas you have, well, the Boardwalk.
But I can't see trekking all the way from Kidani to Jambo just to use Mara once it's finished,
lest they add a people mover or golf cart service!
---

Studio #5430
My parents adored their studio...

...though the only one who looks happy about it is the chick on TV, <LOL>

The studios have a queen bed instead of a king, but they were fine with that.
The mini-frig, coffee service, etc. was more than enough for them.
All the accommodations there are great, with every couch and chair serving as a pull-out bed.
The parents even had their own balcony, separate from ours:

Our balcony (spanned the length from BR to Lv Rm) _______________ Their separate li'l balcony.

When we first arrived, we found this crazy lady sitting out on our balcony;
had to have her removed by management -

Quote:
NEVER MIND THE MAN IN THE MIRROR!

Interesting TECH NOTE for those using Internet access at the villas for the first time:
It appears some network outlets are still mapped to the old room numbers, and you may run into trouble when using them.
e.g.
Although our "suite" was number "5432", the bedroom/bathroom half was in ex-hotel room # 5434.
So... when trying to access our Free Internet (another fantastic DVC perk) from our bedroom, I ran into trouble validating my room card #.
Tech support gave me a 7 day code (found out it was a 7 day code after...7 days, of course!) to bypass the system.
The tech agreed the "mapping" of the outlets to the old room numbers was likely the reason for this glitch.
My parents in the attached studio (5430) had no issues other than surprise and disbelief that I wasn't being charged $10/day for Internet... very cool.

Here's a li'l video panning around our bedroom.
You can see how the Master bath is separated so those (kids?) in the main room can use it
even if we're still sleeping (considering they lack that extra bathroom in the Jambo villas).
Nice pan over toward the pool, as well.

Click to Play ! Click to Play ! Click to Play ! Click to Play ! Click to Play ! Click to Play !

__________________________________________________ ______________________

< "Miss you, mom."

Last edited by 312.Duck; 11-21-2008 at 08:17 PM. Reason: cuz I don't know Kidani from Jambo lol...
Old 11-23-2008, 08:19 AM   #199
TyRy
Part of the problem is I wear my shorts
It is making me nutty

Halloween meets Thanksgiving

So DH and I get ready for the MNSSHP and head over to the MK. We hop on the monorail so we can get a good look at the construction at the CR and BLT.

The first order of business today is to find our brick! I have the map showing where it should be, and a CM even saw us looking and tried to help. He and DH were both trying to follow numbers, but I tried to tell them it wasn’t in any numerical order

One of us eventually found it and I was soooooo excited.

It’s right in front of one of the trees off to the right of security. So excited about having it…it was well worth the cost…which we will not discuss since DH is reading this and has no idea how much I paid for it (one of the perks of having separate checking accounts!)

So we try and enter using our MNSSHP tickets and the machine won’t take mine. It keeps spitting it out. Finally after the fifth try or so a CM comes over and says you have to enter over there (pointing to a different bank) Hmmm – I don’t remember this from the past few times..don’t know if it was a new thing, or if in all our other party entering we’ve always hit the correct bank?

We finally get in and I, of course, make DH stop to do a couple of Photopass pics:

I really do love the way they decorate the entrance

By now we are running late for dinner again (at this point I can tell we’ll just be late for everything this trip!) so we hurry over to LTT. This was one of DH’s picks for this trip. I’m not expecting much since I’ve heard horrible things about dinner lately. But we arrive about five minutes late and the place is JAMMED. We get our pager and settle in for what we think will be a long wait. Only about five minutes later the pager goes off and we are seated at a nice window seat.

Our waiter comes by and explains it’s family style and if we need more to just ask. He then says the characters will also be coming around to us. At this point DH declares he does NOT want any pics with charaters…he’ll take them of me. Well – no one told the characters this, so he ended up with every one of them, but he seemed to really like Minnie

And then If you look closely he gets more and more into the character interaction as time went on! LOL

And he even got Minnie a second time!

I had a good time with them and was happy to see Chip and Dale and Pluto….Chip and Dale were the first characters I ever took a picture with on my very first trip in 1995. And I don’t think I’d ever had a picture with Pluto!

We had just pop to drink (of course at the MK) and I really wanted one of those souviner mugs that it came in

I think I shocked DH by not getting at least one, but I didn’t want to carry it around with me for the rest of the night.

Dinner came during the time the characters were coming and going and I was pleasantly surprised. First the rolls and salad – which had some of the best dressing I’ve ever had…I could not get enough of the salad!

Then came dinner – it was much better than I expected. The steak was fabulous! The ham was good as well (although I scrapped off the pineapple sauce) and the turkey was ok. The stuffing was good (even if it was just Stouffers) and is hidden under the meats.

DH laughed cause I really wanted to try the stuffing and didn’t see it when everything was on the table so I asked the waiter (DH says I jumped on him about the stuffing) where it was. That’s when he explained it was underneath.

We also had the veggies and Mac and cheese

I think Jiko has spoiled me for Mac and Cheese as this was definitely just your standard M&C and nothing special about it.

And finally the mashed potatoes and gravy

Dessert came and was not too bad, but surprisingly we were really full!

I expected to walk out of there still hungry and was already making contingency plans for food in my head. Did not need to as I was super stuffed! Now I just had hopes that there would once again be no lines for the rides...
Mickey's Hand is Back in my Pocket - A Trippie for Sept/Oct 08 and 1st Trip Home to AKV
Trip of New Phases, Friends & 40 - Sept 09 - CR/AKV
*A Giraffe Meets the Beach - Oct '10 BCV/AKV* *Oct '11 AKV/Poly *1st Birthday Trip and Disney Dream Cruise - Dec '11 AKV* *Oct '12 - 18 days! AKVJ, BWV, AKVK*
*Nov 2013 AKVJ* *Extra May 2014 Trip SSR*
Old 11-23-2008, 09:22 AM   #200
DisneyJo
TGJ
Lost another competition
It's absolute bliss

312 Duck I so agree the shepherds pie at RR is far to small, there is no way you'd get a tiny portion like that in Ireland

Ty I just love the character photos and the way your DH gets more involved, so funny
Old 11-25-2008, 08:21 PM   #201
TyRy
It is making me nutty

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyJo View Post
Ty I just love the character photos and the way your DH gets more involved, so funny
And he's the one who always claims that he is not going to get involved and yet ends up with the best pictures and having the most fun
Mickey's Hand is Back in my Pocket - A Trippie for Sept/Oct 08 and 1st Trip Home to AKV
*A Giraffe Meets the Beach - Oct '10 BCV/AKV* *Oct '11 AKV/Poly *1st Birthday Trip and Disney Dream Cruise - Dec '11 AKV* *Oct '12 - 18 days! AKVJ, BWV, AKVK*
Old 12-02-2008, 10:58 AM   #202
TyRy
It is making me nutty

Halloween Time

So we head out to the park with every intention of watching the parade. But for some reason, we ended up getting caught up in the rides as everything seemed to be a walkon. We then headed towards the HM stopping by Big Thunder…which had just a small wait, but there was none at the HM…I can’t remember if we rode it just once or twice, but we did stop for pics:

And here’s one where I thought I was being funny using enhancements from photopass

By now we’re missing the parade which I wasn’t thrilled with, but thought maybe we’d catch the next one (even though I promised DH we could leave at 10 to watch the Bears game). So into Fantasyland where it was still empty.

Small World Empty:

Peter Pan with about ten people in line…I dragged DH on this and reminded him we’d never see lines this small again!

They also had the Carriage pics again, and DH did not want to wait in the long line when we first got into Fantasyland, but we noticed it had gone down some so I dragged him into it

He also got a couple of nice shots of the old Skyway ride that they tried to decorate for Halloween.

We then debated about where to watch the fireworks and ended up in front of the castle in the circular hub. All of the sudden a couple people come up to us and recognize DH’s Berwyn shirt. It was RachelTori and DisneyBride03 from the AKL threads we belong to. I couldn’t believe they spotted us amongst all those people. We chatted with them for a couple of minutes and I wish I had thought to get a picture of all of us…next time.

Hallowishes was great as usual (once again we only have video on my video camera and no pics!) I was still trying to figure out how to get DH to stay for the second parade, and RachelTori and DisneyBride almost helped in that. They let us know that Space Mountain was a complete walk-on. So that meant we just had to run over there. We took the “Secret Candy” path and were met by the Queen of Hearts herself. The CM with her had all of us greeting her bow or courtesy to her and it was really cute….DH was wishing he had the whole thing on video instead of just a picture

We then head right to Space Mountain…yeah – it says 5 minute wait just like the ladies said – BUT you think we would have learned after last night’s big lie, but nooooooooooooo we are sucked in again. And yes it was more like a twenty minute wait. By the time we came out they had changed the sign and we just looked at each other and figured we’d FP it when we came back again in a couple of days. At this point wanted to do more rides, and since we’d spent so much time at Space Mountain, we were going to miss the parade…but at least we weren’t leaving

DH then wanted to ride the Astro Orbiter since again there was no wait. I am not fond of heights, but he eventually talked me into it by promising we could ride together. On the way up in the elevator I had a bunch of kids coughing on me…which may come back to bite me later……
So we squeeze into one of the cars…and learned our lesson…we need to ride separately next time! It was a bit of a tight squeeze. LOL

I then talk DH into a quick ride on Buzz Lightyear and he kicks my butt in points…I had almost nothing!!! We never did get around to a rematch.

A couple of photopass pics later

After a quick cut through the Lunching pad (I think that was it) and we are back on Main Street with the second parade going on. I walked slowly although this second parade was also empty so there were not many obstacles on Main Street.

We made it back to the AKV just as the game was ending, but thankfully DH was not too upset by it. It was a long but fun day and tomorrow will be a long one as well as we head to Epcot for the whole day…but who knew there would be an unwelcome visitor coming along…….
Old 12-02-2008, 01:05 PM   #203
DisneyBride'03
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
Balcony was great!
The closest I get to "camping" is the campfire!

WOW!

What a trip report!!! So detailed...love the editing! LOL Oh how I miss AKV, we had a 1 bdr after our cruise and were so spoiled with the balcony!

I did notice one of my DH's fave beers that you had at Ohana...he has to have it with lemon though!

Still hoping I can get DH to add on just a few points at AKV this month A girl can dream right?! lol
Was recently at Veseckys..had to get those kolacky's..(sp)? lol
Love the house pics at Christmas, can you believe I moved to Lockport, and I am still ina bungalow!!! LOL
***runDisney***2010 Inaugural Wine & Dine Half~ 2011 WDW Half~2011 Wine & Dine Half ~ 2012 Princess Half~2012 Disneyland Half~2012 Wine & Dine Half~ 2013 Princes Half~2013 Inaugural Dumbo Dare~2013 Wine/Dine

Upcoming: Aulani Feb 2014

1980 Poly~2003 Poly~2003 Poly Fairy Tale Wedding/Grand Floridian~2007 Pop~2007 YC CL DVC Owners ~2007 SSR~2008 BWV/DCL/AKV~2008 OKW~2008 SSR/WL~2008 ASMu/AKV~2009 VWL/BCV~2009 BLT/Swan/Kidani~2009 POFQ/AKL~2010 SSR~ 2010 YC CL/AKV~2011 POFQ~2011 Sports & OKW~2011 Kidani & BCV~ 2011 POFQ ~ 2012 BCV~2012 DL Hotel~2012 BLT/AKV~2013 OKW/BCV~2013 DL Hotel~2013 Pop/SSR
Old 12-02-2008, 02:31 PM   #204
DisneyJo
TGJ
Lost another competition
It's absolute bliss

Sounds like a great party, I love your PP photo that you edited so funny

Glad you managed to stay as late as you did
Old 12-02-2008, 04:15 PM   #205
Tinkerbellcrafter
DH & DD getting tagged by Dreammakers after me!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyBride'03 View Post
WOW!

can you believe I moved to Lockport, and I am still ina bungalow!!! LOL
Lockport, NY????!!!! My father is from there....

TYRY,

loving the trippie...great pictures!! I will get down there for MNSSHP one of these days!!

4 Days for us!!

1983 Disneyland, 1985 - offsite, WL-9/1995(Honeymoon), CB-09/04, VWL-7/05, WL-9/05(10th Anniversary), POR-2/06, OKW-8/06, CB-12/06, BWV-5/07, OKW-7/07, POR-12/07, SSR- 4/08, OKW- 8/08, SSR- 12/08, VB/AKV- 2/09, THV- 6/09, BCV-10/09, SSR-12/09, AKV-3/10, Fort Wilderness/VB/Disney Wonder/WL 8/10 to 9/10-15th Anniversary, Adult only SSR-12/10, The Fort-3/11, FW/DDream/BWV-9/11, FtWilderness 12/11, Treehouse villas5/2012, WL, DisneyDream & AKV 9/2012, AKV/SSR 12/2013
Old 12-02-2008, 06:45 PM   #206
DisneyBride'03
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
Balcony was great!
The closest I get to "camping" is the campfire!

Lockport, IL...

I use to live in OP's neck of the woods
have a great Christmas Trip!!

I loved the MNSSHP, my first..doing it again..same time, next year...same partner in crime
***runDisney***2010 Inaugural Wine & Dine Half~ 2011 WDW Half~2011 Wine & Dine Half ~ 2012 Princess Half~2012 Disneyland Half~2012 Wine & Dine Half~ 2013 Princes Half~2013 Inaugural Dumbo Dare~2013 Wine/Dine

Upcoming: Aulani Feb 2014

1980 Poly~2003 Poly~2003 Poly Fairy Tale Wedding/Grand Floridian~2007 Pop~2007 YC CL DVC Owners ~2007 SSR~2008 BWV/DCL/AKV~2008 OKW~2008 SSR/WL~2008 ASMu/AKV~2009 VWL/BCV~2009 BLT/Swan/Kidani~2009 POFQ/AKL~2010 SSR~ 2010 YC CL/AKV~2011 POFQ~2011 Sports & OKW~2011 Kidani & BCV~ 2011 POFQ ~ 2012 BCV~2012 DL Hotel~2012 BLT/AKV~2013 OKW/BCV~2013 DL Hotel~2013 Pop/SSR
Old 12-27-2008, 12:17 PM   #207
TyRy
It is making me nutty

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyBride'03 View Post
WOW!

What a trip report!!! So detailed...love the editing! LOL Oh how I miss AKV, we had a 1 bdr after our cruise and were so spoiled with the balcony!

I did notice one of my DH's fave beers that you had at Ohana...he has to have it with lemon though!

Still hoping I can get DH to add on just a few points at AKV this month A girl can dream right?! lol
Was recently at Veseckys..had to get those kolacky's..(sp)? lol
Love the house pics at Christmas, can you believe I moved to Lockport, and I am still ina bungalow!!! LOL
Did you happen to get your AKV points?????? DH loves bungalows and that's one of the reasons we bought in Berwyn.

Quote:
Sounds like a great party, I love your PP photo that you edited so funny

Glad you managed to stay as late as you did
Thanks Jo - I had fun with PP this time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbellcrafter View Post
TYRY,

loving the trippie...great pictures!! I will get down there for MNSSHP one of these days!!

4 Days for us!!
Thanks so much...so how was your trip? I want to get down there for the holidays one of these years.
Old 12-27-2008, 12:31 PM   #208
TyRy
It is making me nutty

The downfall begins.....

I hope everyone has had a wonderful holiday season so far! Now back to the show, or at least what I remember of it for the next couple of days.

This was the first night that I had not slept well on the trip. I kept feeling like I had wind blowing directly on me no matter which way I turned while sleeping. I’m not a fan of that anywhere let alone at WDW. So what did that mean….it meant I woke up with a sore throat and that “Uh-oh, Houston we have a problem” feeling. A sore throat usually means that the next day I’d have a cold. And I was blaming both the air blowing on me, and the kids who coughed on me on the elevator to Astro-Orbiter the night before

But – we are at WDW, so the itinerary must not be deviated from (ok in my mind) and today was our full Epcot park day. So I grabbed some orange juice to fight off the sickness and we grabbed a couple of quick photos around the lodge

Because I wasn’t feeling well, we were well behind schedule for Epcot. And since we were already so late, I didn’t care about taking photos and being slow because the damage was already done. Plus my increasingly sickly feeling had me not really caring. Anyway, we stopped to take a couple of PP photos right at the entrance

And then went to visit our pics in the graveyard in the front of Epcot. I know most people HATE this, but we always get a kick out of it. This time even moreso as we compared the stone us to the pictures they were taken from….and it was really funny. First the DFIL looks like he’s missing teeth and has no hair!

But in the real one, you can see he has both HA HA HA

Ours isn’t much better:

When we got home and were showing the pictures to people we had even bigger laughs…take a look at the people around us…they are much worse off than we are!

It was now about 1pm and we hit Spaceship Earth first since there was no wait for it at all and I wanted to see the new enhancements. The best part was when you had to choose a language, DFIL (in the car behind us) hit Portuguese by mistake…needless to say he does not speak Portuguese and that became the joke of the day – as we then grabbed him a map in Portuguese when we asked us for a map. Yes, we definitely amused ourselves.

If you haven’t been on the new Spaceship Earth and want to avoid the spoilers you may want to skip down a bit….I’ll wait…….although I wish I had known, I’d have been better prepared.

I really liked the enhancements to this ride…it truly cracked us up and DH even was able to get a few shots off:

It was also fun that you could send postcards at the end…here’s ours

And here’s DIL’s – evidently in the future a hand will be grafted to DFIL’s head!

After SE, I needed water as my body was really starting to ache a bit. That’s never a good sign for me, but I was still in complete denial of what was happening. Afterall we were at the happiest place on earth and that did not include getting sick…although I’m guessing the germs didn’t quiet understand that!

DH grabbed FP’s for Soarin’ while the rest of us headed over to The Seas as I wanted to ride the new Nemo ride.

I also wanted to see what Nebo was talking about when he said it was really dark inside. And was it ever…when you come in from the bright sun, there is no time for your eyes to adjust before you hop onto the clam shells. Well, maybe there would be time had there been a line, but like so much else, this was a walkon for us.

I’m not sure what we did after The Seas, but I know I got to sit for a bit, before it was back to the Land and Soarin. We used our FP’s and waited a whopping eleven minutes (ha!) between the time we walked in and when we got on the ride. Much better than the 35 minute standby time posted. Although the Land was still pretty empty.

It was then off to world showcase where we had many plans…which did not include my almost pass out in Germany and the appearance of Tinkerbern (yes I spelled that right!)
Old 12-27-2008, 01:51 PM   #209
DisneyJo
TGJ
Lost another competition
It's absolute bliss

OMG the Epcot photo things are so funny, they are so different to the actual photo taken

The new SSE is really great isn't it, the bit at the end is so funny and how hilarious about your FIL and Portugese

I hope you don't get sick but the passing out in Germany doesn't sound good!
Old 12-29-2008, 03:14 PM   #210
TyRy
It is making me nutty

Quote:
OMG the Epcot photo things are so funny, they are so different to the actual photo taken !
I know - I'm so glad they still had the originals so we could see how different they really are.

Quote:
The new SSE is really great isn't it, the bit at the end is so funny and how hilarious about your FIL and Portugese

I hope you don't get sick but the passing out in Germany doesn't sound good!
I love the new SSE - We may have to try and ride it a bunch next time just to get all the different things. And I'll just say that Germany has a nice cub for taking a break

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: