Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-20-2008, 03:54 PM   #76
MRYPPNS
Practically Prefect in Every Way

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPCShauna View Post
Talk about a cliffhanger! More, please!
I hope to have the next update up tonight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousescrapper View Post
PS I was pregnant w/ the twins on our trip in 1998...though I did not know it yet.

Scrappie
Lately I can't seem to go to WDW without being pregnant!

Old 11-21-2008, 08:18 AM   #77
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

Sounds like things are about to get exciting!! I can't wait for your next installment and to hear more about your adventure to Disney World!!

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-22-2008, 07:30 AM   #79
MRYPPNS

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
Sounds like things are about to get exciting!! I can't wait for your next installment and to hear more about your adventure to Disney World!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsksomeday View Post
That is a great cliffhanger!! I can't wait to find out what happens next!
Your wish is my command. or something like that!

Old 11-22-2008, 07:36 AM   #80
MRYPPNS

When I last left you we were seated in the airplane ready for take off…..

Liam looked out the window the whole time….until the sun was shining so brightly that we were blinded! Take off was uneventful and I kept offering Liam juice to pop his ears but he didn’t want any. I had forgotten how loud it is inside the plane because when I set up the laptop so Liam could watch a DVD he couldn’t even hear it and he’s too little for earphones. So that didn’t last very long.

I must plug my Crocs messenger bag here (see PTR for details). What a great carry-on bag! It fits so nicely under the seat in front of you on the plane. It worked really well for us the whole trip and I’m thinking of getting a second one to use as a diaper bag for the new baby.

DH who suffers from air/motion sickness was doing really well this flight. Basically he sits quietly the whole flight and doesn’t eat or drink (he does keep a bottle of water handy). A few years ago I found these hard ginger candies (the brand is GIN-GIN) at the health food store and those work really well with motion sickness. This was a 5 ginger candy flight!

Liam fell asleep and I got to have my bagel and cream cheese that I had brought from home for breakfast. The second half of the flight isn’t that clear to me. I know that Liam had some juice and fishy crackers for breakfast (refusing the applesauce that we had gotten patted down for!) Then at some point I began to not feel well…dizzy-like. I asked DH if I looked pale… I think he replied “white as a ghost”, to which I replied “I feel faint.” Now I should tell you that I’m no stranger to fainting. I’ve fainted visiting people in the hospital, in my warehouse where I worked for NASCAR races, in the jury box of a trial I was a juror for. Stress is the common link to all those faintings. I started to do my calming breathing….unfortunately I couldn’t recline. DH tells me that I was out cold for a few seconds and then came back around. After a few more minutes I was feeling much better and sipped on DH’s water. Now while this was going on my loving DH was holding my hand. Or so I thought! The sneaky little devil was taking my pulse the whole time! Amazingly Liam just sat quietly the whole time this was going on with me.

Side note: I did tell my Dr. about this and he was non-pulsed about the whole thing….happens all the time he says with pregnant women. Really? Never heard that one before.

The rest of the flight was uneventful, and we landed 20 minutes ahead of schedule. We were the last to exit the plane….it was so nice not to be in a rush to get off the plane with all those pushy people, half on their cel phones.

Once off the plane we took turns taking a potty break and I changed Liam into a pair of shorts. By the time we got down to luggage claim our bags were just coming out. Great timing! We got a luggage cart ($3 cash) and made our way downstairs to get our rental car. I had forgotten that you had to go outside and across the way to pick up the car. We found the National Emerald Aisle easy enough after we asked for directions. I was surprised at how small the section was. I was expecting rows and rows of cars….not so much. There were no SUVs or mini vans….only full size cars. There was one Volvo but the trunk was way too small for all our stuff. We ended up with a red Chevy Impala.
Here's your only picture for this update:

We were very happy with using National Rental Car. Emerald Aisle is super easy to use and I recommend it, plus we got a full size car for the price of a mid-size.

Before we headed out we took a couple minutes to decide that we would go check in at the resort first then get lunch followed by grocery shopping. We left the airport by 11am.

Next up: Check in at CBR. Would I get the room type that I requested?

Old 11-22-2008, 07:56 AM   #82
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

I was really worried about the fainting with your DH's motion sickness. How awesome that he was having such a good flight that he could comfort you....ahem take your pulse.
Old 11-22-2008, 09:26 AM   #83
mrsksomeday
My Prince uses a power wheelchair!

Awww Liam sounded like a trooper on the plane, that is great!! I am sorry to hear about your fainting issues, that has to be scary. I liked how your husband was sneaky enough to keep an eye on your pulse, good for him. I hope you got the room you wanted.
Old 11-22-2008, 03:39 PM   #84
OhioDisneyLover
DIS Veteran

Great update. Sorry to hear though about your fainting spell and DH's motion sickness. Sounds like Liam was a trooper the flight though!

Hey BangBang Chicken...Where's Carl?http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3#post50814403 CURRENT TR in Progress Really? All of us? ... a Jan PTR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3186622
The Most Wonderful Thing About Tiggers...happened to us! A 2013 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3066866
Road Trip! Stop1: Inkedupmomma's Wedding, Stop 2: Disney - A Feb 2013 PTR http://www.disboards.com/showthread....0#post45966160
Small Po-taaaa-toes! My Sept 2011 TR http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3#post42885313
The "I said I wasn't going to do a PTR...PTR (Sept 2011) http://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post39927349
Drama Please End...Fun, Please Begin..A Sept TR http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post38357331
Old 11-22-2008, 03:55 PM   #85
TarzansKat
I may be TarzansKat, but I love Captain Jack!
Wow. It's still getting pretty hot around here

This is going to come out wrong.

I'm so glad you fainted sitting down!

What I mean is, I'm glad you weren't standing up, or didn't fall or anything, not that fainting in and of itself isn't worrisome enough, but I was worried it was much, much worse! Glad it wasn't!

Sounds like, other than the fainting, you all did okay. Can't wait to find out what happens at CBR.
Old 11-22-2008, 05:47 PM   #86
addictedtothemouse
DIS Veteran

Great update. Can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip.
Old 11-23-2008, 06:10 PM   #87
MRYPPNS

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
Yay! An update!

I'm glad the fainting didn't turn into a major ordeal. I had pictured an emergency landing and ambulance ride to the hospital. Ok... so my mind blows things up a little sometimes...
Sorry to disappoint you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
I was really worried about the fainting with your DH's motion sickness. How awesome that he was having such a good flight that he could comfort you....ahem take your pulse.
Sneaky that one is! When I was in labor with Liam, DH would throw off the counts (to 10) so I would push longer....I'm on to him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsksomeday View Post
Awww Liam sounded like a trooper on the plane, that is great!! I am sorry to hear about your fainting issues, that has to be scary. I liked how your husband was sneaky enough to keep an eye on your pulse, good for him. I hope you got the room you wanted.
Yes in the end Liam had the least problem with flying then his parents!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioDisneyLover View Post
Great update. Sorry to hear though about your fainting spell and DH's motion sickness. Sounds like Liam was a trooper the flight though!
At least it made for a TR story!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarzansKat View Post
This is going to come out wrong.

I'm so glad you fainted sitting down!

What I mean is, I'm glad you weren't standing up, or didn't fall or anything, not that fainting in and of itself isn't worrisome enough, but I was worried it was much, much worse! Glad it wasn't!

Sounds like, other than the fainting, you all did okay. Can't wait to find out what happens at CBR.
It actually would have been better if I was standing up with I started to feel faint because I would have sat/laid down where ever I was to get my head lower. Lucky for me I know the signs so I've always been able to get myself at least sitting down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by addictedtothemouse View Post
Great update. Can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip.
I have a ton of pictures going forward that I want to share.

Old 11-23-2008, 06:15 PM   #88
MRYPPNS

Mini Addition Update

Baby Addition: Baby is now 17 weeks and is the size of a Turnip! About 5 oz in weight and 5 inches in length. My morning sickness is getting less and less, but I'm always tired!

House Addition: Everything is ready for the foundation walls to be formed/poured on Monday and Tuesday. Rain is in the forecast so we'll have to wait and see if it happens on time.

Old 11-23-2008, 06:24 PM   #89
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

I read your update yesterday, but I guess I got distracted and never commented. So scary to faint on the plane! I am so glad that you were okay!

The car is very cute -- I have a hunch that was photographed at CBR!
Old 11-23-2008, 07:49 PM   #90
mejkjj97
DIS Veteran

Congratulations!!

Just found your trip report and enjoying it very much!

Quote:
Side note: I did tell my Dr. about this and he was non-pulsed about the whole thing….happens all the time he says with pregnant women. Really? Never heard that one before.
I was one of those women who fainted, I think 3 times, when I was pregnant. Each time was at work. It was only in the 1st trimester and early 2nd. I never got sick but I took the passing out as my form of morning sickness.

Your son Liam is a doll and I can't wait to here more
, Oct' 11 AKV/BW, May '11 AKV,'10 BLT, '09- SSR, '08- Dolphin, '07- Off site Sheraton Vista Villages, '06- Beach Club, '03- Disneyland Paradise Pier, '01- Hard Rock Hotel, '00- Port Orleans Riverside, 1996- Carribean Beach, 1989- off site, 1986- off site

ME (40) DH (41) : DD (8) DD (4)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: