Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2008, 04:31 PM   #16
Grandma4ever
One day closer and still counting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by themudd4 View Post
Hi Grandma4ever...of course your welcome to join our party. Looks like were going to be there during the same time...and both having birthday's to celebrate.
Are you going to use the park hopper option or stick to one park per day? I just can't decide. In the past we have paid for the hopper and did not use it much. I think if we do not get DDP and eat our sit down meal for lunch we might use the hopper more. I just can't decide.

Have you all decided which park you are going to visit on which day of your stay. Any idea on how busy the parks will be? I have never visited during the summer but have always gone in the fall. I am no longer allowed to take the kids out of school. That is why we are going in July. Lois
Land & sea/ Carribean Beach / Wonder 8/03; WDW POP Century & Magic 8/04 (Eastern); Magic 10/05 (Eastern / Halloween); Magic 9/06 (Eastern); WDW 9/2/07 Port Orleans FQ & Magic 9/8/07 (Western) ; WDW 9/20/08 POP Century, Magic 9/27/2008 Alternative Western, & 10/04/2008 Western; All Star Music 7/8/09, All Star Music 12/9/09, Disneyland 5/19/10 to 5/23/10, Magic 10/23/2010 (Eastern) & Magic 10/30/2010 (Western) 9/14/12 POFQ & 9/22/12 (Eastern) Fantasy, 10-25-2014 (Western) & 11-1-2014 (Eastern) Fantasy Mouser

Old 11-09-2008, 08:46 PM   #17
LuvMySoldier07
Lisa

[QUOTE Have you all decided which park you are going to visit on which day of your stay. Any idea on how busy the parks will be? I have never visited during the summer but have always gone in the fall. I am no longer allowed to take the kids out of school. That is why we are going in July. Lois[/QUOTE]

I've only gone to Disney during the summer so I really can't compare it to other times of the year. Its usually more crowded on the weekends, especially saturday. If you get to the parks early and hit the more popular rides first, then take a break for lunch when the crowds are at their highest, you'll be fine. Waiting in lines is part of the disney experience, and I really don't mind escaping from the heat for a while and waiting in an air conditioned line. Fast Passes also helps a lot!!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-10-2008, 06:01 AM   #18
Grandma4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvMySoldier07 View Post
[QUOTE Have you all decided which park you are going to visit on which day of your stay. Any idea on how busy the parks will be? I have never visited during the summer but have always gone in the fall. I am no longer allowed to take the kids out of school. That is why we are going in July. Lois
I've only gone to Disney during the summer so I really can't compare it to other times of the year. Its usually more crowded on the weekends, especially saturday. If you get to the parks early and hit the more popular rides first, then take a break for lunch when the crowds are at their highest, you'll be fine. Waiting in lines is part of the disney experience, and I really don't mind escaping from the heat for a while and waiting in an air conditioned line. Fast Passes also helps a lot!!! [/QUOTE]

Beth seems to need more sleep so we thought we would let her sleep in in the mornings and plan to stay till close. We plan to eat lunch during the peak for the crowds. I figure having her rested and happy will keep me happy. We we don't get to bed till midnight or later she will need to sleep till at least 9AM. That means we miss the first slow time but can manage the late nights. There is no way we can handle both.

During the fall the waits are only 5 to 30 min. However, the parks close earilier. So I think it will all work out.

Mama Melrose, I really enjoyed the food but I guess if you have had the real stuff I would stay away. Just for the record Liberty Tree is not going to be a character experience any longer. I am kinda sad about that.

Well I need to shower and get ready for a long day at work. Lois
Land & sea/ Carribean Beach / Wonder 8/03; WDW POP Century & Magic 8/04 (Eastern); Magic 10/05 (Eastern / Halloween); Magic 9/06 (Eastern); WDW 9/2/07 Port Orleans FQ & Magic 9/8/07 (Western) ; WDW 9/20/08 POP Century, Magic 9/27/2008 Alternative Western, & 10/04/2008 Western; All Star Music 7/8/09, All Star Music 12/9/09, Disneyland 5/19/10 to 5/23/10, Magic 10/23/2010 (Eastern) & Magic 10/30/2010 (Western) 9/14/12 POFQ & 9/22/12 (Eastern) Fantasy, 10-25-2014 (Western) & 11-1-2014 (Eastern) Fantasy Mouser

Old 11-10-2008, 07:05 AM   #19
themudd4
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandma4ever View Post
Are you going to use the park hopper option or stick to one park per day? I just can't decide. In the past we have paid for the hopper and did not use it much. I think if we do not get DDP and eat our sit down meal for lunch we might use the hopper more. I just can't decide.

Have you all decided which park you are going to visit on which day of your stay. Any idea on how busy the parks will be? I have never visited during the summer but have always gone in the fall. I am no longer allowed to take the kids out of school. That is why we are going in July. Lois
We use park hoppers ALOT! We almost always spend the morning in one park and the afternoon in another. Since your not use to going in summer months you may want to consider this as well. AM EMH's make the world of difference...but by lunch time the park is packed and switching parks is usually the best option...at least for us. PM EMH's are nice to, but alot more crowded. Not to mention this year it seems that they are talking about or already have done away wiith the wristbands...which is going to make it more crowded imo. If you opt not to use the hopper options I would suggest going to a park that DOES NOT have a EMH that day.
I haven't decided which park on which day yet. I will hold off til right before I make my final ADR's. I will double check on the website the EMH's and try to avoid those parks for dinners, etc. Yes...the parks will be BUSY!!!! Not only will they be busy, they will be hot. Plan breaks in the day and plan for lots of drinks too.
May 2005...Pop Century
June 2006...Port Orleans Riverside
March 2007...Pop Century
Oct. 2007...Saratoga Springs Resort
June 2008...All Star Music
June 2009...Caribbean Beach resort (Pirate Room...Arghhhh )
Look me up on myspace: myspace.com/welcome2pennysworld
Old 11-10-2008, 07:09 AM   #20
themudd4
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandma4ever View Post
Just for the record Liberty Tree is not going to be a character experience any longer. I am kinda sad about that.
WHAT? OK, where did you hear this...who am I going to hafta beat up? I know it is not a character meal during lunch but I didn't know they were doing away with it at dinner....that stinks!
May 2005...Pop Century
March 2007...Pop Century
Old 11-10-2008, 10:38 AM   #21
LuvMySoldier07
Lisa

Quote:
We use park hoppers ALOT! We almost always spend the morning in one park and the afternoon in another. Since your not use to going in summer months you may want to consider this as well. AM EMH's make the world of difference...but by lunch time the park is packed and switching parks is usually the best option...at least for us. PM EMH's are nice to, but alot more crowded. Not to mention this year it seems that they are talking about or already have done away wiith the wristbands...which is going to make it more crowded imo. If you opt not to use the hopper options I would suggest going to a park that DOES NOT have a EMH that day.
I haven't decided which park on which day yet. I will hold off til right before I make my final ADR's. I will double check on the website the EMH's and try to avoid those parks for dinners, etc. Yes...the parks will be BUSY!!!! Not only will they be busy, they will be hot. Plan breaks in the day and plan for lots of drinks too.
Are the PM EMH's really crowded? I thought the point of having those was to give disney resort guests more hours in the parks with less crowds. Aren't there some nights the park is opened like 3 hours after closing- are there that many people who stay in the parks past 1am? I am most definitely a night person so I would love staying in the parks really late, but not if the lines are just as long as they were during the day.
Old 11-10-2008, 05:28 PM   #22
Grandma4ever

Quote:
WHAT? OK, where did you hear this...who am I going to hafta beat up? I know it is not a character meal during lunch but I didn't know they were doing away with it at dinner....that stinks!
When we ate there in September 08. The CM that was there informed us of that. Unless they have gotten alot of letters it was going to stop. I don't remember when but I think it was before the 1st of the year. Only time will tell now. But I was sad to hear that they were going to discontinue the character dinning experence. Lois

Old 11-10-2008, 08:00 PM   #23
themudd4
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Are the PM EMH's really crowded? I thought the point of having those was to give disney resort guests more hours in the parks with less crowds. Aren't there some nights the park is opened like 3 hours after closing- are there that many people who stay in the parks past 1am? I am most definitely a night person so I would love staying in the parks really late, but not if the lines are just as long as they were during the day.
It thins out some...and the later it gets it thins out some more...But nothing like the AM EMH's...but that is just my .02. But I have always went with younger kids and so staying out late was not really a option for us.
This year I know that me and my DD15 stayed a couple of nights and my DS8 and DH went on back to the room. Worked out well and all was happy.
May 2005...Pop Century
March 2007...Pop Century
Old 11-10-2008, 09:30 PM   #24
LuvMySoldier07
Lisa

Quote:
It thins out some...and the later it gets it thins out some more...But nothing like the AM EMH's...but that is just my .02. But I have always went with younger kids and so staying out late was not really a option for us.
This year I know that me and my DD15 stayed a couple of nights and my DS8 and DH went on back to the room. Worked out well and all was happy.
What are the usual times for AM EMH's.... are they just an hour before the park opens?
Old 11-10-2008, 09:38 PM   #25
Grandma4ever

Quote:
What are the usual times for AM EMH's.... are they just an hour before the park opens?
Yes, the morning extra magic hour runs from 8 AM to 9 AM. The Evening Extra Magic Hours run for 3 hours after the regular closing of the park. I have never been about to stay up long enough to enjoy the extra evening hours. Lois

Old 11-12-2008, 10:05 AM   #26
LuvMySoldier07
Lisa

ADR's

Since we make ADR's in like 2 months I've been trying to figure out where to eat. I'm getting stressed because there are so many places we would like to try! We are on the deluxe dining plan so we have 3 meals a day, but we aren't big breakfast eaters so we are going to try a couple signature restaurants.
What are the places you think are " a must" for first timers? ( this is my dbfs first time not mine ) In the past I've only eaten at Prime Time, Kona Cafe, and Alfredo's. Any recommendations?
Old 11-12-2008, 12:16 PM   #27
themudd4
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yes, that's true...BUT I have gotten more done in that one hour then 3 hours in the evenings sometimes. But you will have fun regardless...so don't stress about EMH.
May 2005...Pop Century
March 2007...Pop Century
Old 11-12-2008, 12:28 PM   #28
themudd4
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Since we make ADR's in like 2 months I've been trying to figure out where to eat. I'm getting stressed because there are so many places we would like to try! We are on the deluxe dining plan so we have 3 meals a day, but we aren't big breakfast eaters so we are going to try a couple signature restaurants.
What are the places you think are " a must" for first timers? ( this is my dbfs first time not mine ) In the past I've only eaten at Prime Time, Kona Cafe, and Alfredo's. Any recommendations?
I can't really say for sure as we have not done any of the signatures...mainly becasue of the kids...BUT I would love to do HDDR...and maybe the lula.
I am not a big breakfast eater either...so I understand that 100%! I think a fun meal for a 1st timer would be: Sci Fi and/or 50's PT...chef Mickeys, & Whispering Canyon. We have others that we really like too...Coral Reef is one of our favorites too.
May 2005...Pop Century
March 2007...Pop Century
Old 11-12-2008, 12:43 PM   #29
LuvMySoldier07
Lisa

Quote:
I can't really say for sure as we have not done any of the signatures...mainly becasue of the kids...BUT I would love to do HDDR...and maybe the lula.
I am not a big breakfast eater either...so I understand that 100%! I think a fun meal for a 1st timer would be: Sci Fi and/or 50's PT...chef Mickeys, & Whispering Canyon. We have others that we really like too...Coral Reef is one of our favorites too.
I love 50 PT but my DBF refuses to eat there because I told him about the whole "act". He doesn't like the idea of the interaction with other people while eating lol. We are gonna go there and get a drink at the bar because I can't go to Disney without going there at least once!
We will probably try SciFi because it seems really cool.
Its just the two of us so we probably won't do any character meals- I would love to but not sure if DBF would like to lol.
Old 11-12-2008, 02:05 PM   #30
themudd4
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I love 50 PT but my DBF refuses to eat there because I told him about the whole "act". He doesn't like the idea of the interaction with other people while eating lol. We are gonna go there and get a drink at the bar because I can't go to Disney without going there at least once!
We will probably try SciFi because it seems really cool.
Its just the two of us so we probably won't do any character meals- I would love to but not sure if DBF would like to lol.
lol...I would do a character meal even without the kids. Alot of adults do!
May 2005...Pop Century
March 2007...Pop Century
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: