Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-07-2008, 07:19 PM   #16
heaven2dc
DIS Veteran

How exciting - baby #2 gets to tag along on your trip! Congratulations to both of you!!

I hope you get to enjoy the trip without too much morning-afternoon-evening sickness Am looking forward to 10 days of fun!!

WDW Trips: March 1997 (BWV), February 2008 (BWV), December 2008 (BWV), Nov/Dec 2010 (BWV)

Disneyland Trips: September 1983, AP Holder July 2013 (twice), August 2013 & November 2013

All Our Dreams Come True If We Have the Courage To Pursue Them - Walt Disney
Old 11-07-2008, 08:01 PM   #17
chicagoshannon
DIS Veteran

Congratulations. Can't wait to read more!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-08-2008, 06:01 AM   #19
TarzansKat
I may be TarzansKat, but I love Captain Jack!
Wow. It's still getting pretty hot around here

OH, HEIDI!!!!!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!

I am so beyond excited for the three...well, I should say, four of you. This is wonderful news!
Old 11-08-2008, 08:03 AM   #20
MRYPPNS
Practically Prefect in Every Way

Quote:
Originally Posted by addictedtothemouse View Post
Congratulations!!! Now I have to read your PTR.
Thanks and Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Congratulations!!! I saw your announcement over on Facebook!!! That is so awesome, and I know you are just thrilled! Don't worry, Chelsea and Connor are exactly two years, two months, and two days apart -- it was all good!
I think it's easier when it's a boy and a girl when they are close in age......we're hoping for a girl this time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heaven2dc View Post
How exciting - baby #2 gets to tag along on your trip! Congratulations to both of you!!

I hope you get to enjoy the trip without too much morning-afternoon-evening sickness Am looking forward to 10 days of fun!!
Welcome! Baby #1 got his first trip too when I was pregnant with him but that was a planned Babymoon trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagoshannon View Post
Congratulations. Can't wait to read more!
Welcome and Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarzansKat View Post
OH, HEIDI!!!!!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!

I am so beyond excited for the three...well, I should say, four of you. This is wonderful news!
Thanks TK!

Old 11-08-2008, 09:33 AM   #21
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm beyond excited. I was already psyched you started your TR and then this news is just fantastic! Sorry you missed out on EE and some of the cocktails but that's just a reason for the next trip!

As others have mentioned, Liam is adorable!

Looking forward to more!

Old 11-08-2008, 01:19 PM   #22
vdarrell
DIS Veteran

Congrats
Hope you get to enjoy without the mornng sickness ....sending you some pixie dust
I know I lived on cystalized ginger the whole time I was pregnant with our youngest son it worked wonders.
Liam is just too adorable I bet he'll be a great little helper with the new one.
Heading over to resd your PTR.
Old 11-08-2008, 03:42 PM   #23
MRYPPNS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm beyond excited. I was already psyched you started your TR and then this news is just fantastic! Sorry you missed out on EE and some of the cocktails but that's just a reason for the next trip!

As others have mentioned, Liam is adorable!

Looking forward to more!
Thanks! Someday I'll get on EE.....at least I don't know what I'm missing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdarrell View Post
Congrats
Hope you get to enjoy without the mornng sickness ....sending you some pixie dust
I know I lived on cystalized ginger the whole time I was pregnant with our youngest son it worked wonders.
Liam is just too adorable I bet he'll be a great little helper with the new one.
Heading over to resd your PTR.
Thanks for the pixie dust! We use Gin-Gin hard ginger candies....they work great for motion sickness and morning sickness.

Old 11-08-2008, 04:08 PM   #24
creativeamanda
One slithering around on me? No way, Jose!
Me? Snarky? Nah!
Why on earth would I want my summer vacation to go away that quickly

Wow, Heidi! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

Looking forward to more about your TR, but wow!

Old 11-09-2008, 08:46 AM   #25
MRYPPNS

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativeamanda View Post
Wow, Heidi! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

Looking forward to more about your TR, but wow!
Thank you!

Old 11-09-2008, 08:48 AM   #26
MRYPPNS

Hi everyone!

I was hoping to do an update today but I'm sick again. Sore throat and headache Made worst by the fact that Liam has been sick too. Is it possible to fly commerical and not come home sick???

Old 11-09-2008, 08:58 AM   #27
vdarrell
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRYPPNS View Post
Hi everyone!

I was hoping to do an update today but I'm sick again. Sore throat and headache Made worst by the fact that Liam has been sick too. Is it possible to fly commerical and not come home sick???
Poor babies (all three of you), I hope you all feel better.
Old 11-09-2008, 05:59 PM   #28
MRYPPNS

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdarrell View Post
Poor babies (all three of you), I hope you all feel better.
I got a nap today so I do feel a little better....in fact I was able to write the next update.

Old 11-09-2008, 06:01 PM   #29
MRYPPNS

Day One....to the airport we go.

So I left off at Disney Eve…..

Our flight was departing at 7:10am. The airport is a 45 minute drive from our house. The plan was to wake up at 4am, get ready and pack the last minute stuff. I had dressed Liam (DS) in the shirt I wanted him to travel in and pj bottoms for bed so that at 4:30 I could just change his diaper and put him in sweat pants. We figured that he’d keep sleeping in the car on the way to the airport. (Toddler Tip: We put Liam in Huggies Overnight diapers for the plane rides….worked like a charm! No leaks.) Here’s the flaw with my little plans. I sleep like carp when I’m pregnant, let alone the fact I was excited/stressed to be going to Disney. I think I managed 3-4 hours of sleep. The last time I woke up was 3am. I lay on the couch until 3:45am. Liam decided at 4am he wanted to get up too. Great. All I can say is thank god for 24 hour PBS Spout. He sat on the couch watching TV while DH and I continued to get ready.

We were on the road by 4:30am and at the airport by 5:20am. We always do curbside luggage check-in when available….it was so early in the morning that we had to wait a couple minutes to the skycap to show up.

DH brought the SUV to long term parking and Liam and I made our way to the food court to wait for him and for Liam to drink his milk that I couldn’t get thru security.

Here’s Liam enjoying his breakfast milk.

(I purchased Liam a seat on the plane because (1) DH suffers from air-sickness and would not be able to hold DS and (2) I think it’s a much safer way to travel)

DH then joined us with his carry on and the car seat. I asked DH where the stuff giraffe that Liam travels with was and that I had attached a modified tether to? (See PTR for my craftiness) No giraffe…..”He didn’t know” it was supposed to come. Um….Hello??? It’s the giraffe Liam travels with AND it has the tether I made for vacation attached to it. I had a mild hissy fit and then let it go, nothing I could do about it at this point.

Next up….getting thru TSA security with 3 carry-ons, 1 car seat, 1 stroller, 1 311 bag of liquids, 2 adults, 1 toddler and 1 bag of baby food/juice to declare. Sounds like fun doesn’t it?

If anyone is curious, the baby at 14 weeks is currently the size of a lemon and weighs 1 ½ ounces! And I’m starting to feel it fluttering around every once in a while.

Old 11-09-2008, 06:12 PM   #30
OhioDisneyLover
DIS Veteran

First, congrats!

Second, love the TR so far! Subscribing!!

Hey BangBang Chicken...Where's Carl?http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3#post50814403 CURRENT TR in Progress Really? All of us? ... a Jan PTR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3186622
The Most Wonderful Thing About Tiggers...happened to us! A 2013 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3066866
Road Trip! Stop1: Inkedupmomma's Wedding, Stop 2: Disney - A Feb 2013 PTR http://www.disboards.com/showthread....0#post45966160
Small Po-taaaa-toes! My Sept 2011 TR http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3#post42885313
The "I said I wasn't going to do a PTR...PTR (Sept 2011) http://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post39927349
Drama Please End...Fun, Please Begin..A Sept TR http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post38357331

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: