Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-29-2008, 11:03 AM   #166
tiggerwannabe
Optimistic Realist~

Photographer Extraordinaire~

Disney is my Therapy~

°O°The Key to Happiness is Self Delusion°O°

Old 10-29-2008, 05:57 PM   #167
TyRy
Part of the problem is I wear my shorts
It is making me nutty

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyJo View Post
Can't believe how much you ate before your meal that soup looks delicious
Jo - I still can't believe it...we were sitting in the restaurant taking forever to eat the soup. We were so stuffed, but determined to have soup. Who knew soup would send someone over the edge on being stuffed!
Mickey's Hand is Back in my Pocket - A Trippie for Sept/Oct 08 and 1st Trip Home to AKV
Trip of New Phases, Friends & 40 - Sept 09 - CR/AKV
*A Giraffe Meets the Beach - Oct '10 BCV/AKV* *Oct '11 AKV/Poly *1st Birthday Trip and Disney Dream Cruise - Dec '11 AKV* *Oct '12 - 18 days! AKVJ, BWV, AKVK*
*Nov 2013 AKVJ* *Extra May 2014 Trip SSR*
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-30-2008, 05:30 AM   #168
Tinkerbellcrafter
DH & DD getting tagged by Dreammakers after me!!

Love the pictures and discussions. After your excursion we probably won't ever stay at Swan or Dolphin (Swolphin) either!! They have never appealed to us and besides, the dolphins look like bass fish rather than dolphins! The F&W samples look yummy...we have never been during F&W.

Where is that postcard sign at BWV? My dd would think that was really cool....

Congrats on the ears...I love the picture effect!

1983 Disneyland, 1985 - offsite, WL-9/1995(Honeymoon), CB-09/04, VWL-7/05, WL-9/05(10th Anniversary), POR-2/06, OKW-8/06, CB-12/06, BWV-5/07, OKW-7/07, POR-12/07, SSR- 4/08, OKW- 8/08, SSR- 12/08, VB/AKV- 2/09, THV- 6/09, BCV-10/09, SSR-12/09, AKV-3/10, Fort Wilderness/VB/Disney Wonder/WL 8/10 to 9/10-15th Anniversary, Adult only SSR-12/10, The Fort-3/11, FW/DDream/BWV-9/11, FtWilderness 12/11, Treehouse villas5/2012, WL, DisneyDream & AKV 9/2012, AKV/SSR 12/2013
Old 10-30-2008, 09:42 AM   #169
312.Duck
pro-Duck

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbellcrafter View Post
Where is that postcard sign at BWV? My dd would think that was really cool....
That is at the bottom of the bridge connecting BW and the Swan/Dolphin resorts, Swolphin side.

Here's a view from farther out:

Old 10-30-2008, 10:23 AM   #170
disneyfantasy
Earning My Ears

Before I continue, I need to show one of my favorite parts of Hollywood Studios.
Old 10-31-2008, 07:54 AM   #171
TyRy
It is making me nutty

Pineapples and Coconuts!

After parking a million miles away even though the half of the front lot was completely empty we finally make it to the Poly about 15 minutes after our ADR time. Thankfully they would still seat us. We waited probably about ten minutes for our pager to go off and then we were shown to our table in the main dining room. While we weren’t sitting at the windows, we were the next row in and had a great view of the MK and the Castle. Which we have no pictures of!!!

Chris was our server and I cannot recommend him enough. If you are headed to O’Hana soon, be sure to ask for him..he was probably the best waiter we had during the trip. Here’s a pic with him in the background:

DH orders a beer, and I order something else I had been looking forward to – a Lapu Lapu. I could not wait to try this. And since I’m on my quest for glow cubes, I asked Chris to throw one in. He did and it looked awesome!

I must say, the Lapu Lapu was pretty tasty, but I made DH drink part of it.

I could see having just a couple of these and barely being able to crawl back to your room.

Dinner was good and the standard O’Hana fare:
Bread

Salad – which had a really really tasting dressing on it!

Wings

Noodles

Pork Dumplings

Stir Fried Veggies

Meats

And dessert, which DH absolutely loved.

We also got an extra dessert, as I had put down DH’s 40th birthday as an occasion for this (he really really wanted to go to O’Hana, so I figured this would be a nice surprise for him.)

It took me the whole meal to finish my drink, but it was certainly yummy

Since we were in the main dining room, we got to see the Coconut Races and some of the other fun things that were happening. And at some point during the meal we were talking to Chris and he was asking where else we were going to be eating that week. When we got to Citricos he recommended a couple of people who I promptly wrote down to ask for.

After dinner it was time to head to the MK for Spectro and Wishes. I have to admit to being a wee bit worried about hitting the MK on a Saturday night for both of these and how crowded it would be. Thankfully there were two showings of Spectro so I knew we could hit the second one if we had to. I was also very excited because we would finally get to see our brick in person...but who knew the MK entrance would be so dark at night
Mickey's Hand is Back in my Pocket - A Trippie for Sept/Oct 08 and 1st Trip Home to AKV
*A Giraffe Meets the Beach - Oct '10 BCV/AKV* *Oct '11 AKV/Poly *1st Birthday Trip and Disney Dream Cruise - Dec '11 AKV* *Oct '12 - 18 days! AKVJ, BWV, AKVK*
Old 11-01-2008, 01:33 PM   #172
tiggerwannabe
Optimistic Realist~

Photographer Extraordinaire~

Disney is my Therapy~

Quote:
but who knew the MK entrance would be so dark at night
...nice cliff hanger...

It's like walking with someone in the Muddaland and having the come to a dead stop in front of you!

LYMI...

°O°The Key to Happiness is Self Delusion°O°

Old 11-01-2008, 04:34 PM   #173
DisneyJo
TGJ
Lost another competition
It's absolute bliss

Sounded like a lovely meal and a fantastic waiter, love the last photo
Old 11-03-2008, 06:05 AM   #174
TyRy
It is making me nutty

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggerwannabe View Post
...nice cliff hanger...

It's like walking with someone in the Muddaland and having the come to a dead stop in front of you!

LYMI...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyJo View Post
Sounded like a lovely meal and a fantastic waiter, love the last photo
I was really happy with it, and I must admit I was a wee bit worried about liking anything there. I'd heard good and bad reports, but DH had really been wanting to try it for a few trips now. I'm glad we had such a good experience, although I can see how others without kids who were sitting where we were - right next to all the activities - might think it was too crazy. Not for us though - we loved all the fun and craziness.
Old 11-05-2008, 10:12 AM   #175
TyRy
It is making me nutty

Where's all the people?

DH has been really busy, so I decided to go ahead and update without him...he's going to have a lot to catch up on

The MK is soooooo pretty at night, so we (ok I) had to stop and take pictures with the Mickey head all lit up:

Too bad that's about the only thing on your way in that is lit up. Maybe it's becuase I'm from a large city that has lights all over, but for some reason in my head, I had a picture of bright lights illuminating the MK entrance and it would be easy to find our brick at night.

So we try and find our brick since this is the first time we will have seen it in person. That worked well in the dark …we did try for about ten minutes using our cell phones as flashlights. It just would not work, it’s too dark in the area where the brick should have been. We’ll have to try again tomorrow.

So we get inside and it’s not too bad (although a couple of these pics make it look crowded)

We head to Liberty Square to watch Spectro…usually good viewing from there. I think we grabbed a spot sitting on a planter. Eventually the nice people in front of us on the ground invited us to sit next to them for a total front row spot. DH declined, but I joined them. They were very nice and we chatted a bit. As it got closer to the start we had the usual people try to squish us into a smaller space , even though we’d been there for a while. The family I was sitting with did not budge . We did get tired of sitting and part way through the parade we tried to stand for a minute, but got promptly yelled at – and I mean yelled, not asked nicely – to sit back down. I’m not that tall and the people behind us were on a curb standing. They were also ones who smushed in at the end. The daughter and I complied somewhat…we kneeled instead, just couldn’t sit anymore. The parents stayed standing. I haven’t watched the video yet, but I’m guessing you could probably hear this whole exchange on the tape. That just aggravated me, but I tried to get over it. Although I really wanted to remain standing the whole rest of the time

After Spectro we made our way over to the hub to watch Wishes. We haven’t watched it from here in a few trips so it was a nice perspective. I can’t believe we have NO pictures of it. I have it on video, but until DH buys me a Mac and an editing program, we probably won’t get to post any of it

The MK started to clear out at this point so we headed to Adventureland. No waits for anything. We jumped on Aladdin since we had never ridden it, and rode it a couple of times. Walked onto Pirates and then headed for Fantasyland. Another ride we’d never been on, since the wait is usually incredibly long was Dumbo. But not tonight. We practically walked onto it.

Most of the rides were empty..it was great! Well except for Space Mountain which lied big time (and seemed to a lot during this trio)…said wait was ten minutes. So 25 minutes later we are finally getting close to being on it. Oh well, we can’t win them all

I had honestly planned on only being in the MK for part of the night since it was open until Midnight and we had caught the first showing of Spectro. After our Space Mountain wait we decided to head back to the BW…I had to be up early to check in early at AKV. ON our way out, the second Spectro was showing and there were a ton of open spots along Main Street – it was kind of weird. I knew the second showing were less crowded but didn’t think there would be big gaps where you could walk right up and sit. All in all, it was a great night visit at the MK, we got to see Wishes and Spectro and rode a few things we’d never even tried before.

Tomorrow we switch to our home resort AKV and I just hope I like it. For those of you that read the last trip report, you’ll remember DH loved it and I HATED it until our last day when something just changed for me….I just hope I still like it.
Old 11-05-2008, 06:01 PM   #176
CDNCA
Mouseketeer

[ Why do the CM’s not let you drive up front when there is a ton of space, but force you to park a million miles away?!
[/QUOTE]

If you forget where you parked, they ask you when you arrived. Wih this info, they can find your car wihin a few rows.

If they filled the empty spots as people left, they would not be able to help.

Also, they move the trafic cones to flow traffic efficiently.
Old 11-06-2008, 04:34 PM   #177
Tinkerbellcrafter
DH & DD getting tagged by Dreammakers after me!!

[QUOTE=TyRy;28550971]ON our way out, the second Spectro was showing and there were a ton of open spots along Main Street – it was kind of weird. I knew the second showing were less crowded but didn’t think there would be big gaps where you could walk right up and sit. All in all, it was a great night visit at the MK, we got to see Wishes and Spectro and rode a few things we’d never even tried before.

We always do the second showing of spectro if we watch it. Great report!! We are 30 days out!!

1983 Disneyland, 1985 - offsite, WL-9/1995(Honeymoon), CB-09/04, VWL-7/05, WL-9/05(10th Anniversary), POR-2/06, OKW-8/06, CB-12/06, BWV-5/07, OKW-7/07, POR-12/07, SSR- 4/08, OKW- 8/08, SSR- 12/08, VB/AKV- 2/09, THV- 6/09, BCV-10/09, SSR-12/09, AKV-3/10, Fort Wilderness/VB/Disney Wonder/WL 8/10 to 9/10-15th Anniversary, Adult only SSR-12/10, The Fort-3/11, FW/DDream/BWV-9/11, FtWilderness 12/11, Treehouse villas5/2012, WL, DisneyDream & AKV 9/2012, AKV/SSR 12/2013
Old 11-07-2008, 06:36 AM   #178
TyRy
It is making me nutty

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDNCA View Post
If you forget where you parked, they ask you when you arrived. Wih this info, they can find your car wihin a few rows.

If they filled the empty spots as people left, they would not be able to help.

Also, they move the trafic cones to flow traffic efficiently.
Ahhhh - that explains it. But I swear there was another night without CM's where were just drove in and parked close to the front...maybe they were on a break

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbellcrafter View Post
We always do the second showing of spectro if we watch it. Great report!! We are 30 days out!!
Believe it or not we've never been at the MK late enough (always DH's fault! ) to catch the second showing. Now it looks like it may be well worth it.

30 days Whooo Hooowww

Last edited by TyRy; 11-07-2008 at 10:06 AM.
Old 11-07-2008, 09:31 AM   #179
DisneyJo
TGJ
Lost another competition
It's absolute bliss

I just love the Mickey Head all lit up, so pretty

How sweet of the people at the parade letting you join them, pity about the ones who squeezed in
Old 11-07-2008, 11:36 AM   #180
312.Duck
pro-Duck

Wink Mickey's Hand is back in MY pocket - DH's Defense!|Day02 #4 - Ohana dessert...

Sorry...been a bit busy at work lately (good thing)...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyRy View Post
And dessert, which DH absolutely loved.

Yeah, this was pretty good....

But it deserves a quick video to exercise your salivary glands a bit... hehe...

Click to Play! . Click to Play! . Click to Play! . Click to Play! . Click to Play! . Click to Play!

<..."MMMMMMMMMMMM...mmmmmmmmmmmmm.....MWAHHHH!!! "

Click here to see TyRy's Dis binder growth over time...
< "Miss you, mom."

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: