Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2008, 04:32 PM   #91
Sha
°O°Believes in the Magic and Fairies! ~ Laughter is SUNSHINE you can hear! ~ "Dreams move on if you wait too long"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDreams21 View Post
Sha, Darcy, one of our Disboards nurses--please report to Tracy's house asap! I fear the poor woman may be gagging on romanticism...
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadedbeauty14304 View Post
ha. ha. ha. so funny I forgot to laugh.

no worries, in a few days i will read back on this and throw up in my mouth a little bit.

then I will know I am feeling better
hope you feel better! Have to send Darcy as I have an appt with a Capt.

Charleston RFTC 2 Kingdoms 1 Day 12/3/2009 Jenroc Lisa
I WEAR PINK FOR THE SURVIVORS, THE FIGHTERS AND THE TAKEN
  • °O° First trip WDW: 1972 ~ Celebrates Every Birthday at WDW ~ AP Holder ~ DVC Member: May '06 SSR, May '07 AKV, Jan '09 BLT
  • °O° Lives close enough to go often (for Pixie Dusting to stay young!) ~ Disney Magazine Spring '05 p 36 ~ Celebrations Magazine March/April & May/June 2009
  • °O° Stays around WDW: DL/POR, POFQ, BC, YC, GF, CB, BWV, OKW, BCV, SOG, SSR, VWL, POP, CR, Dolphin, AKV-JH, BLT, AKV-KV, ASMo, AKL-CL, CS, BC- CL, SSR-Treehouse
Old 10-02-2008, 06:57 PM   #92
ttester9612
Magical Moments

Quote:
Originally Posted by libertybell7 View Post
Dont give up...Magic can happen anywhere...I only say this because it has happened to me...(and wow did it ever)...I have found my soulmate on this site...We now live together...And we are planning our future together...Let your hope run free...Believe in your dreams...It doesn't happen for any reason's that need to be explained...trust in your heart...and thats all that you will need...When you find it, you will know that it's true...And you will never have to explain....Period....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sha View Post
I really like that part you said, that I put in bold. See it in Cait and Bob, and a couple others...

Have a good night all!
Quote:
I dont know where you heard that this isnt a "dating" / "singles" site...(thread)...Whomever said that must have been confused...Thats too bad...Cause it can and does happen...
Well said Shawn and Sha....this is one of the reasons why I started this thread "for the Love of Disney"......you never know when the Disney magic will hit you with LOVE.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-02-2008, 07:10 PM   #93
ttester9612
Magical Moments

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheshirekitty View Post
That's what the last 9 months of my life have been, new pages. It is a great feeling. Oh there will be plenty of pics and video!! I'm going to be focusing primarily on contact staff and contact fire...where you play with the fire on your skin. I'm hoping to come back without any skin graphs. hahaha

Here is a link to video of my first time using fire fans...I will be doing a lot of this too:
http://s93.photobucket.com/albums/l6...t=MVI_1805.flv
That is an awesome video...thanks for sharing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PirateMel View Post
We broke it again.

Next chapter - same subject

Three weeks from today - but too early for dancing bananas.
Oh ya.....3 weeks and we will be there. I am so ready...
Old 10-02-2008, 07:14 PM   #94
ny to wdw
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by GIR-Prototype View Post
I keep coming back to this because it's great to think I might find someone on here, maybe even in this thread, that's my magical someone.

It's been said this isn't dismates or a dating site, but let's be honest people have found love without dating sites for years, strong, powerful, lasting love.

...I just think that maybe the magic of Disney is well suited to love and happiness. It gives me hope.

I'm just having a sappy, sentimental moment folks, don't mind me.
when i decided to frequent this section of the disboards i was just looking to get to know people who have a love for disney and make a few friends in the process. i was lurking and just trying to figure out how to fit into this cast of characters this thread contains, this is a compliment here folks.

i somehow decided to take a chance and got to know one of the members here and to my surprise something happened. we started a friendship, slow at first and it grew. we had common ground to start off with, our love of disney, so there was plenty to talk about. then as we talked more about things in our lives something happened, we found ourselves falling in love. neither one of us ever thought the love thing was going to happen but it did.

we are in the process of starting our future together and we both couldnt be any happier.

yes this may be sappy and sentimental but it happens.

it happened to myself and darcy and i know it has happened to others on this board so there is not any reason it cant happen to you.

never lose hope

Disneyland 2008
POFQ 2007 BW 2007
SSR 2005 POP 2005
Wilderness Lodge 2004
ASM 2002
offsite 1981 offsite 1978
Old 10-02-2008, 07:26 PM   #95
ttester9612
Magical Moments

Quote:
section of the disboards i was just looking to get to know people who have a love for disney and make a few friends in the process. i was lurking and just trying to figure out how to fit into this cast of characters this thread contains, this is a compliment here folks.

i somehow decided to take a chance and got to know one of the members here and to my surprise something happened. we started a friendship, slow at first and it grew. we had common ground to start off with, our love of disney, so there was plenty to talk about. then as we talked more about things in our lives something happened, we found ourselves falling in love. neither one of us ever thought the love thing was going to happen but it did.

we are in the process of starting our future together and we both couldnt be any happier.

it happened to myself and darcy and i know it has happened to others on this board so there is not any reason it cant happen to you.

never lose hope
That is so sweet. I do pray that Darcy and will continue to grow in your LOVE for each other.....I'm so happy for you both.
Old 10-02-2008, 08:02 PM   #96
cdn ears
DIS Veteran

Quote:
LOL I really am uncharacteristically gaggalicious the past few days.... been smoke free though... just a couple more days and I will be back to normal.. just a couple more days.....lol lets hope... i miss my curmudgeonly sarcastic dry hate love humor....lol
Congrats on giving up the smoke.....maybe start a DVC fund with your savings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sha View Post

Okay boys and girls!!! I am all but ready to go to Disney. Had some confussion when I got home from work though. SSR called and said my room was ready. Im not staying at SSR... Im at OKW... well got it all straightened out. Not sure what is going on, but my room at OKW is ready for me
Sure.... take over the world .... make one reservation and get two , something like this can only be accomplished by an employee of the mouse

I guess we now know who we have to be nice to if we want our reservations to work Are you sure you don't work there and are keeping it secret from ALLLLL of us????
Old 10-02-2008, 08:08 PM   #97
Mrsduck101
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Dont give up...Magic can happen anywhere...I only say this because it has happened to me...(and wow did it ever)...I have found my soulmate on this site...We now live together...And we are planning our future together...Let your hope run free...Believe in your dreams...It doesn't happen for any reason's that need to be explained...trust in your heart...and thats all that you will need...When you find it, you will know that it's true...And you will never have to explain....Period....
I couldn't have said it any better.....

Met my husband on the Disboards!

Old 10-02-2008, 08:16 PM   #98
Mrsduck101
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi everyone. I just want to say that I am looking for a whole new nose after these past few days of sneezing, sniffling, and attempting to breathe through the model I have now. I need an upgrade. Seriously. I am just happy to be able to be upright long enough to hop online and check the boards. I hate being sick!

I think the relationship Shawn and Jill have made for themselves is beautiful. I am a big ole romantic dreamer and still hold hope that my prince will come someday, sweep me off my feet and love me like no one has ever loved me before.... sigh... dorky I know, maybe it is the fever talking...lol... but it is nice to dream.
Stacey McGaggerstein

Met my husband on the Disboards!

Old 10-02-2008, 09:40 PM   #99
Sha
°O°Believes in the Magic and Fairies! ~ Laughter is SUNSHINE you can hear! ~ "Dreams move on if you wait too long"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdn ears View Post
Sure.... take over the world .... make one reservation and get two , something like this can only be accomplished by an employee of the mouse

I guess we now know who we have to be nice to if we want our reservations to work Are you sure you don't work there and are keeping it secret from ALLLLL of us????
I didn't do anything!!! have one ressie that they already had me checked in before I left the house. They have us registered as VIPs and I had a congrats for passing my boards when I arrived. I didn't call... and I know my mom didnt call, because she doesn't know what to do or where to call! (if we stay, I make all ressies) Courtesy call to remind us of our Back Stage Magic tour tomorrow. Tonight was a quiet night since we are up early and other reasons Was planning to watch the debate, but dinner took longer

• °O° First trip WDW: 1972 ~ Celebrates Every Birthday at WDW ~ AP Holder ~ DVC Member: May '06 SSR, May '07 AKV, Jan '09 BLT
  • °O° Lives close enough to go often (for Pixie Dusting to stay young!) ~ Disney Magazine Spring '05 p 36 ~ Celebrations Magazine March/April & May/June 2009
  • °O° Stays around WDW: DL/POR, POFQ, BC, YC, GF, CB, BWV, OKW, BCV, SOG, SSR, VWL, POP, CR, Dolphin, AKV-JH, BLT, AKV-KV, ASMo, AKL-CL, CS, BC- CL, SSR-Treehouse
Old 10-02-2008, 09:44 PM   #100
Sha

Jen1... are you ready to go???? are you packed???? See you tomorrow night.

Have to find something... someone forgot to remind me earlier today

Old 10-02-2008, 09:58 PM   #101
GIR-Prototype
Mouseketeer

Wow, I made a post when I was feeling emotional, and I started a love-fest!

I guess there's worse I could do, lol!

I'll say this though on a positive note about myself; so far no matter what, my hope springs eternal...and reactions like this one when I share my thoughts help keep it that way.

So thanks guys and gals, for the heartwarming thoughts and stories.

What's your Directive?

POP 8/29-9/05/2008

[IMG]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/cvgu31f99yml33t8.png[/IMG] [IMG]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/61lyanmdldq5u77g.png[/IMG]
Old 10-02-2008, 10:24 PM   #102
nurse.darcy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttester9612 View Post
That is so sweet. I do pray that Darcy and will continue to grow in your LOVE for each other.....I'm so happy for you both.
Thanks Teresa. Coming from you that means a lot. Tom is a keeper, for sure. I am truly blessed.
8/2007 - ASMu, 5/2008 - Pop, 8/2008 - POR & BWI, 9/2008 - POFQ, 12/2008 - Offsite, 3/2009 POR, 5/2009 - Pop, 7/2009 AKL. 10/2009 AKV and SSR, 1/2010 Grand California Villas, 2/2010 BLT, 5/2010 BWV, 7/2010 Pop
Old 10-02-2008, 10:32 PM   #103
nurse.darcy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny to wdw View Post
when i decided to frequent this section of the disboards i was just looking to get to know people who have a love for disney and make a few friends in the process. i was lurking and just trying to figure out how to fit into this cast of characters this thread contains, this is a compliment here folks.

never lose hope
Wow babe, that was very sweet. And truly how it happened. I am glad I allowed myself the freedom to take a chance.
8/2007 - ASMu, 5/2008 - Pop, 8/2008 - POR & BWI, 9/2008 - POFQ, 12/2008 - Offsite, 3/2009 POR, 5/2009 - Pop, 7/2009 AKL. 10/2009 AKV and SSR, 1/2010 Grand California Villas, 2/2010 BLT, 5/2010 BWV, 7/2010 Pop
Old 10-02-2008, 11:55 PM   #104
Johnfish

DIS Bandwith is a terrible thing to waste

Ok so how does everyone manage it? There are plenty of people who have met and started relationships on this thread. There are others who are here and seem to enjoy the banter and seem to have hope.

Maybe the stress of not knowing whether I am going to have a job next week is getting to me but I have lost hope. Hope of ever finding that special someone.

Sorry I just needed to vent. I will go back into lurk mode and keep my mouth shut.
8/05 at Pop Century and POFQ
8/04 at Coronado Springs with hurricane Charlie
December 1984 offsite
Old 10-03-2008, 06:41 AM   #105
connorsmom911
DIS Veteran

Geez, I take a break from the boards for a while (just uber busy with that thing we tend to call "life"), and I come back to find all these people falling in love!!! I always miss the good parts...

Just popped in to say

Life in Six Words..."Making My Own Happily Ever After"
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: