Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2008, 10:03 PM   #61
can84
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GIR-Prototype View Post
I keep coming back to this because it's great to think I might find someone on here, maybe even in this thread, that's my magical someone.

It's been said this isn't dismates or a dating site, but let's be honest people have found love without dating sites for years, strong, powerful, lasting love.

...I just think that maybe the magic of Disney is well suited to love and happiness. It gives me hope.

I'm just having a sappy, sentimental moment folks, don't mind me.
I think that's very sweet! I hope something good comes your way soon!

Orlando ~ Australia ~ Ireland ~ Britain ~ France ~ Belgium ~ Scotland ~ Austria ~ Portugal ~ Switzerland ~ Italy
Old 10-01-2008, 11:00 PM   #62
libertybell7
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I keep coming back to this because it's great to think I might find someone on here, maybe even in this thread, that's my magical someone.

It's been said this isn't dismates or a dating site, but let's be honest people have found love without dating sites for years, strong, powerful, lasting love.

...I just think that maybe the magic of Disney is well suited to love and happiness. It gives me hope.

Dont give up...Magic can happen anywhere...I only say this because it has happened to me...(and wow did it ever)...I have found my soulmate on this site...We now live together...And we are planning our future together...Let your hope run free...Believe in your dreams...It doesn't happen for any reason's that need to be explained...trust in your heart...and thats all that you will need...When you find it, you will know that it's true...And you will never have to explain....Period....
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-01-2008, 11:12 PM   #63
libertybell7
DIS Veteran

I dont know where you heard that this isnt a "dating" / "singles" site...(thread)...Whomever said that must have been confused...Thats too bad...Cause it can and does happen...

Last edited by libertybell7; 10-01-2008 at 11:15 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 10-01-2008, 11:37 PM   #64
Sha
°O°Believes in the Magic and Fairies! ~ Laughter is SUNSHINE you can hear! ~ "Dreams move on if you wait too long"

Quote:
Originally Posted by libertybell7 View Post
Dont give up...Magic can happen anywhere...I only say this because it has happened to me...(and wow did it ever)...I have found my soulmate on this site...We now live together...And we are planning our future together...Let your hope run free...Believe in your dreams...It doesn't happen for any reason's that need to be explained...trust in your heart...and thats all that you will need...When you find it, you will know that it's true...And you will never have to explain....Period....
I really like that part you said, that I put in bold. See it in Cait and Bob, and a couple others...

Have a good night all!

Charleston RFTC 2 Kingdoms 1 Day 12/3/2009 Jenroc Lisa
I WEAR PINK FOR THE SURVIVORS, THE FIGHTERS AND THE TAKEN
  • °O° First trip WDW: 1972 ~ Celebrates Every Birthday at WDW ~ AP Holder ~ DVC Member: May '06 SSR, May '07 AKV, Jan '09 BLT
  • °O° Lives close enough to go often (for Pixie Dusting to stay young!) ~ Disney Magazine Spring '05 p 36 ~ Celebrations Magazine March/April & May/June 2009
  • °O° Stays around WDW: DL/POR, POFQ, BC, YC, GF, CB, BWV, OKW, BCV, SOG, SSR, VWL, POP, CR, Dolphin, AKV-JH, BLT, AKV-KV, ASMo, AKL-CL, CS, BC- CL, SSR-Treehouse
Old 10-02-2008, 12:01 AM   #65
libertybell7
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sha View Post
I really like that part you said, that I put in bold. See it in Cait and Bob, and a couple others...

Have a good night all!
Well geez...I wrote it myself....Does that mean that you like it Sharon?...(i hope so)...either way its the truth...
Old 10-02-2008, 06:41 AM   #66
Sha
°O°Believes in the Magic and Fairies! ~ Laughter is SUNSHINE you can hear! ~ "Dreams move on if you wait too long"

Good morning everyone!!! Hope you are all doing well today!

I have a habit of reading my horoscope most mornings for the humor of it... todays was good! LOL

Things are slowing down a lot in your life, and your 'To Do' list is starting to dwindle down to nothing. This is good news -- before the end of the day you are finally going to get that break you've been yearning for! This might be the perfect time to investigate that new hobby, research a new vacation spot, or look further into a new investment opportunity. This isn't the right day to move forward on anything, but it's a wonderful time to get your feet wet.

Hmmm me thinks Disney is a great place to check and the new part can be the BLT DVC

Quote:
Well geez...I wrote it myself....Does that mean that you like it Sharon?...(i hope so)...either way its the truth...

Charleston RFTC 2 Kingdoms 1 Day 12/3/2009 Jenroc Lisa
I WEAR PINK FOR THE SURVIVORS, THE FIGHTERS AND THE TAKEN
  • °O° First trip WDW: 1972 ~ Celebrates Every Birthday at WDW ~ AP Holder ~ DVC Member: May '06 SSR, May '07 AKV, Jan '09 BLT
  • °O° Lives close enough to go often (for Pixie Dusting to stay young!) ~ Disney Magazine Spring '05 p 36 ~ Celebrations Magazine March/April & May/June 2009
  • °O° Stays around WDW: DL/POR, POFQ, BC, YC, GF, CB, BWV, OKW, BCV, SOG, SSR, VWL, POP, CR, Dolphin, AKV-JH, BLT, AKV-KV, ASMo, AKL-CL, CS, BC- CL, SSR-Treehouse
Old 10-02-2008, 07:30 AM   #67
PirateMel
DIS Veteran

Quote:

So adorable
Old 10-02-2008, 07:30 AM   #68
Emtgirljen
You gotta be original. Because if you're like someone else, what do they need you for?

Quote:

guess I had better pack
Me too... I'll be doing it tonight when I get home - have to work all day, donate blood after work, then go to a choir rehearsal - then finally home to pack.

I think we're going to give Cait a double dose of hives this time!

"Flatley, my dear, I don't Riverdance!"

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain."

"It will all be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end."
Old 10-02-2008, 07:31 AM   #69
MATTERHORN
HA HA take that all of you uncool people with tags!
I looked like a total nerd on this last trip

Quote:

Just jumped on to try and keep up with everyone, but had to say that this is true and very sweet Rob. You never know where you will find the one, and starting here makes sense for most of us since I know for me, loving Disney is a pre-requisite this time around!!

Anyways, I hope you all have a great day today!!
Andrea

I've been boo'd by Sha, Disneegrl4eva, and KY

Trips to DL as a child: 86, 87, 88, 90, 95, 96, 98
Trips with kids: 3/01 (Coast Anaheim) 12/01 (Coast Anaheim) 5/02 (DLH) 9/03 (Portofino) 12/04 (GC) 1/05 (PPH) 2/05 (HoJo) 3/05 (HoJo) 5/05 (DLH) 1/06 (Park Vue) 2/06 (Desert Inn) 6/06 (Tropicana, GC) 9/06 (Desert Inn) 10/06 (HoJo) 12/06 (Desert Inn) 2/07 (HoJo) 4/07 (GC) 6/07 (HOJO HYENA MEET!!) 6/07 (Desert Inn) 8/07 (HOJO) 10/07 (HOJO) 2/08 (HOJO) 4/08 (HOJO) 6/08 (HOJO)
Upcoming Trips:

October 22-26, 2008 (HOJO/PP!!)
Old 10-02-2008, 07:32 AM   #70
PirateMel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emtgirljen View Post
Me too... I'll be doing it tonight when I get home - have to work all day, donate blood after work, then go to a choir rehearsal - then finally home to pack.

I think we're going to give Cait a double dose of hives this time!

Me thinks so too!
Old 10-02-2008, 07:54 AM   #71
cheshirekitty
dreaming of Captain Jack...

Quote:
It is a great feeling! I am feeling so free of things now that I am done with all I have been trying to do. A new page. I have been purging papers and got all that were in one room either ready to go to a friend, shred or out in trash. I think there are more in a box from when i moved though. Then I am hearing from some friends I havent heard from... love it!

Hope you have a great time at your camp this weekend! Am sure you will! Hope to see some pics. What activities will be at this one?
That's what the last 9 months of my life have been, new pages. It is a great feeling. Oh there will be plenty of pics and video!! I'm going to be focusing primarily on contact staff and contact fire...where you play with the fire on your skin. I'm hoping to come back without any skin graphs. hahaha

Here is a link to video of my first time using fire fans...I will be doing a lot of this too:
http://s93.photobucket.com/albums/l6...t=MVI_1805.flv

"All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think we become." Buddha

Jan '83 Contemporary (too young to remember), Aug '89 Polynesian (too young to appreciate), Jan '96 ASMu, Aug '97 ASMu, May '99 ASMu, Aug '01 ASMu, Aug '05 BWV, Sept '07 CSR
Old 10-02-2008, 09:28 AM   #72
PirateMel
DIS Veteran

We broke it again.

Next chapter - same subject

Three weeks from today - but too early for dancing bananas.
Old 10-02-2008, 09:36 AM   #73
PirateMel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheshirekitty View Post
That's what the last 9 months of my life have been, new pages. It is a great feeling. Oh there will be plenty of pics and video!! I'm going to be focusing primarily on contact staff and contact fire...where you play with the fire on your skin. I'm hoping to come back without any skin graphs. hahaha

Here is a link to video of my first time using fire fans...I will be doing a lot of this too:
http://s93.photobucket.com/albums/l6...t=MVI_1805.flv
So Cool - that is impressive.

So someday I will see you in my Favorite show?
(The Festival of the Lion King)?????
Old 10-02-2008, 10:22 AM   #74
buena vista
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Nicely said Rob. This may not be a dating site, per se, but it is a community and it's only natural that people here will continue to share their love for Disney, and even meet, make friendships, and find love. Your love for Disney is something that everyone here shares, and that's as good a place to start as any .

Quote:
Shawn, I know I'm not alone in being happy for you and Jill and the kids for what you've all found together and continue to nurture.
Disneyland 1983, 1994, 2005; CBR 1992; POFQ 1993; OKW 1994-2003 multiple times; CSR 1998; BWV 1999; SSR May 2006; OKW April 2007 & 2008; POFQ - September 2008; off-site December 2008. OKW March 2009; POP May 2009, off-site July 2009, off-site December 2009, January 2010, BWV May 2010, off-site September 2010, December 2010, February 2011 OKW, December 2011 SSR
Old 10-02-2008, 10:58 AM   #75
disneydeb
DIS Veteran

Good afternoon everyone!

Shawn, I know I'm not alone in being happy for you and Jill and the kids for what you've all found together and continue to nurture. [/QUOTE]

i 2nd that!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: