Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2008, 07:35 AM   #1
buena vista
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sha View Post

It is official... I am a RN! Got my license in the mail today!!! Love it! Just pumped up the excitement all over again! (now I need to remember this number)
Congrats again Sharon!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurse.darcy View Post
By the way, just a warning, if you are on a water ride with me you might want to take a seat as far away from me as possible as I am prone to getting soaked.
She's not kidding.. I had some collateral water damage on Splash Mt sitting next to the H2O magnet

It was all good though ..rope drops especially.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PirateMel View Post
Mel, that's awesome!! Congrats!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadedbeauty14304 View Post
Mornin all and happy Tuesday!

thats all.

oh, heres a pic...

sigh... I wish I was still there!!!
Gorgeous! I think the view from Y&B is one of the best around.. early morning & late night especially. Well done T
Disneyland 1983, 1994, 2005; CBR 1992; POFQ 1993; OKW 1994-2003 multiple times; CSR 1998; BWV 1999; SSR May 2006; OKW April 2007 & 2008; POFQ - September 2008; off-site December 2008. OKW March 2009; POP May 2009, off-site July 2009, off-site December 2009, January 2010, BWV May 2010, off-site September 2010, December 2010, February 2011 OKW, December 2011 SSR
Old 09-30-2008, 07:46 AM   #2
Sha
°O°Believes in the Magic and Fairies! ~ Laughter is SUNSHINE you can hear! ~ "Dreams move on if you wait too long"

Good morning!!!!!!!! Hope you are all having a magical start to your day. Overcast a bit today... but awesome weather with the coolness. Am thinking about packing.

And Cait, I will give you your packet when I see you in a couple weeks! along with the lights

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurse.darcy View Post
I think she is referring to states that participate in the Compact States licensure system.

If you work in a compact state you can technically be licensed in all without additional documentation but you still have to pay each state's license fee and submit the online proof of documentation. So you aren't really licensed in one and able to work in others, just makes the process easier.
I am pretty sure this is what we have Darcy. I knew I had read something on it, and that was part of summer semester. We had an online discussion on different things we had to post. Had to do that for a whole year! Then reply to 3 other comments from others, posts disappearing and having to recreate them! The nightmares! lol (hence, being online but not paying attention to other things that I missed out on). And I am so glad I dont have too anymore!!!

Quote:
Hmmm - I need to be there, does that count.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenroc View Post
I am with you, Mel !!!
Okay... lets go! LOL

Charleston RFTC 2 Kingdoms 1 Day 12/3/2009 Jenroc Lisa
I WEAR PINK FOR THE SURVIVORS, THE FIGHTERS AND THE TAKEN
  • °O° First trip WDW: 1972 ~ Celebrates Every Birthday at WDW ~ AP Holder ~ DVC Member: May '06 SSR, May '07 AKV, Jan '09 BLT
  • °O° Lives close enough to go often (for Pixie Dusting to stay young!) ~ Disney Magazine Spring '05 p 36 ~ Celebrations Magazine March/April & May/June 2009
  • °O° Stays around WDW: DL/POR, POFQ, BC, YC, GF, CB, BWV, OKW, BCV, SOG, SSR, VWL, POP, CR, Dolphin, AKV-JH, BLT, AKV-KV, ASMo, AKL-CL, CS, BC- CL, SSR-Treehouse
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-30-2008, 07:49 AM   #3
PirateMel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
[FONT="Century Gothic"][COLOR="Indigo"]Good morning!!!!!!!! Hope you are all having a magical start to your day. Overcast a bit today... but awesome weather with the coolness. Am thinking about packing.

Okay... lets go! LOL
Don't tempt me
I could be there in undr three hours
Old 09-30-2008, 07:52 AM   #4
PirateMel
DIS Veteran

Happy Tuesday everyone.

Nice Pic Tracy -ahhhhh.

Tom, you forgot to bring back the sun with you

The boss is here today, so I need to pretend to work for a while.

Chat later.
Old 09-30-2008, 07:58 AM   #5
Sha
°O°Believes in the Magic and Fairies! ~ Laughter is SUNSHINE you can hear! ~ "Dreams move on if you wait too long"

Quote:
Don't tempt me

• °O° First trip WDW: 1972 ~ Celebrates Every Birthday at WDW ~ AP Holder ~ DVC Member: May '06 SSR, May '07 AKV, Jan '09 BLT
  • °O° Lives close enough to go often (for Pixie Dusting to stay young!) ~ Disney Magazine Spring '05 p 36 ~ Celebrations Magazine March/April & May/June 2009
  • °O° Stays around WDW: DL/POR, POFQ, BC, YC, GF, CB, BWV, OKW, BCV, SOG, SSR, VWL, POP, CR, Dolphin, AKV-JH, BLT, AKV-KV, ASMo, AKL-CL, CS, BC- CL, SSR-Treehouse
Old 09-30-2008, 08:18 AM   #6
disneydeb
DIS Veteran

Good morning everyone! what a difference a good nites sleep makes,. Now that my head is clear and its a new fresh day .and i think back on my trip, i would have to say that the highlight of my trip was mnsshp! Even though i only stayed until 1030 because i had to be up at 5 am to get ready to catch flight home, i made good use of time and virtually walked onto every ride, even splash mountain, i had the whole log to myself and sat in the front seat. same thing happened at pirates of the carribean, front seat, whole boat, the trick or treat bags they gave us, mine was 3/4 of the way full, i stopped at every trick or treat station, even though my feet hurt. lol, thats ok i start my diet and getting back in shape tomorrow! , right now my living room looks like a tornado hit it suitcases all over the place. still unpacking, didnt realize i bought so much stuff , but thats not uncommon , ive gone down with my daughter to go shopping at wdw with 5 suitcases and come home with 9, so it doesnt surprise me i went this trip with 1 suitcase and came home with 3 thanks to everyone for all those prayers, daughter is doing better, i stopped at her job from the airport, she thinks she can fool me but i know she needed her mama. then i picked my grandson up from school and he seened ok, the school psychologist said just dont make a big thing about it, so we aren't, i hadnt heard how the lady who got hit was , or how the poor girl that hit her is, but its nice to know that i have such good, caring, loving friends on this board , , well time to start planning my next trip to the world, i have already booked my next cruise for my birthday next october and gonna do mnsshp again , I'm off to buy a treadmill today, to start some serious dieting and phyical fitness activities, excuse me i mean lifestyle changes I think i would like to go back home this . better start planning now!

Old 09-30-2008, 08:21 AM   #7
Jenroc
SMILE !! Everyone will wonder what you are up to !!

Quote:
Don't tempt me
ummmm let's see .........
2 drive to the border
1 hour at customs
.75 hour drive to airport
2.5 hour direct flight to MCO
.75 hour on Magical Express .........
What time do I leave ????

Great chatting with you last night Mel !

Old 09-30-2008, 08:29 AM   #8
DisneyDreams21
Enjoy the Pixie Dust

Quote:
2 drive to the border
1 hour at customs

Do you fly out of Buffalo, Jen? Because if you did, I could be there in about 24 minutes...LOL

~Robin~

Old 09-30-2008, 08:35 AM   #9
Jenroc
SMILE !! Everyone will wonder what you are up to !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDreams21 View Post
Do you fly out of Buffalo, Jen? Because if you did, I could be there in about 24 minutes...LOL
Nope, unfortunately I go out of Detroit (no offence to Detroit - Go WINGS Go !!!!!!!). Buffalo is about a 20 minute longer drive and I use an airbus to take me to and from the airport so I can concentrate on my lasck of sleep while in WDW and not worry about driving home. The QEW/401is brutal, especially in winter !!

Old 09-30-2008, 09:01 AM   #10
Emtgirljen
You gotta be original. Because if you're like someone else, what do they need you for?

Quote:
Nope, unfortunately I go out of Detroit (no offence to Detroit - Go WINGS Go !!!!!!!). Buffalo is about a 20 minute longer drive and I use an airbus to take me to and from the airport so I can concentrate on my lasck of sleep while in WDW and not worry about driving home. The QEW/401is brutal, especially in winter !!
But at least now the other new terminal is open in Detroit, so we no longer have to use the Smith Terminal, which hadn't been updated since it was built and looked like something out of a Soviet era spy movie. That place gave me the creeps! (not to mention taking off your shoes for the security checkpoint was always dicey, no telling what was percolating in the carpets.. lol). We got a notification from Spirit last week telling us that our flight would now be departing out of the new terminal, and there was much rejoicing on our part.

"Flatley, my dear, I don't Riverdance!"

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain."

"It will all be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end."
Old 09-30-2008, 09:52 AM   #11
ahoff
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDreams21 View Post
Oh and the pic of Boardwalk sent me into fantasy zone for a minute, Tracy! LOL I felt like taking a walk to the Boardwalk Bakery with my refillable mug for coffee and one of those mouth watering desserts!

That is my routine when I stay there
Old 09-30-2008, 10:01 AM   #12
Sha

I cant wait to be there with my friends!!!

Life is full of surprises! I am so blessed

Old 09-30-2008, 10:02 AM   #13
PirateMel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
2 drive to the border
1 hour at customs

Nice to talk with you too
Old 09-30-2008, 10:04 AM   #14
acm563
Passionate for Life~Are we there yet?~A dream is a wish your heart makes....~Can we all just get along~No more drama please

Quote:
[FONT="Century Gothic"][COLOR="Indigo"]

I am pretty sure this is what we have Darcy. I knew I had read something on it, and that was part of summer semester. We had an online discussion on different things we had to post. Had to do that for a whole year! Then reply to 3 other comments from others, posts disappearing and having to recreate them! The nightmares! lol (hence, being online but not paying attention to other things that I missed out on). And I am so glad I dont have too anymore!!!

Unfortunately while it is something Florida has been discussing it is currently not one of the Compact States...Lots of confusion over the pros and cons of the whole compact state issues...here's a link you might find helpful...It has a list of the states who currently are a part of this concept....
https://www.ncsbn.org/158.htm
Old 09-30-2008, 10:43 AM   #15
cheshirekitty
dreaming of Captain Jack...

Quote:

Life is full of surprises! I am so blessed
I feel the same way and love it when others feel this way too.

I'm getting ready for my weekend away at the performing arts camp I had been telling you guys about. I feel so lucky to be able to experience this. I'm sooooo excited I can't contain myself!!!!

"All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think we become." Buddha

Jan '83 Contemporary (too young to remember), Aug '89 Polynesian (too young to appreciate), Jan '96 ASMu, Aug '97 ASMu, May '99 ASMu, Aug '01 ASMu, Aug '05 BWV, Sept '07 CSR
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: