Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2008, 07:55 PM   #3796
PirateMel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by acm563 View Post
YAY!! Mel can now post pics! and really nice pic at that...You are looking GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you
Old 09-29-2008, 07:58 PM   #3797
Sha
°O°Believes in the Magic and Fairies! ~ Laughter is SUNSHINE you can hear! ~ "Dreams move on if you wait too long"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebecca06261 View Post
I'll admit to having wicked dreams in the beginning but they ended after a couple of weeks.
that is the most minor thing I have heard.

Yes T, much easier to pack! LOL you do it, I will do it!

Thanks Aug

Charleston RFTC 2 Kingdoms 1 Day 12/3/2009 Jenroc Lisa
I WEAR PINK FOR THE SURVIVORS, THE FIGHTERS AND THE TAKEN
  • °O° First trip WDW: 1972 ~ Celebrates Every Birthday at WDW ~ AP Holder ~ DVC Member: May '06 SSR, May '07 AKV, Jan '09 BLT
  • °O° Lives close enough to go often (for Pixie Dusting to stay young!) ~ Disney Magazine Spring '05 p 36 ~ Celebrations Magazine March/April & May/June 2009
  • °O° Stays around WDW: DL/POR, POFQ, BC, YC, GF, CB, BWV, OKW, BCV, SOG, SSR, VWL, POP, CR, Dolphin, AKV-JH, BLT, AKV-KV, ASMo, AKL-CL, CS, BC- CL, SSR-Treehouse
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-29-2008, 08:06 PM   #3798
acm563
Passionate for Life~Are we there yet?~A dream is a wish your heart makes....~Can we all just get along~No more drama please

Ok so sue me if this isnt 100% WDW related..

...but I had to share this as it is so cute. I was going thru Maries's schoolwork and came upon a paper she had to write...I will copy it here....

Great Vacations
"Favorite vacations are a blast. Themain thing me and my aunt and cousin did this summer was go and have fun at Busch Gardens. A ride we went on is one that felt so real I did not" like it at all. I had a lot of good things to eat. I even had a churro and it was really good.
Another vacation we went on was a trip to Disney World. The first ride we went on was Splash Mountain which I liked. We also went on Mount Everest. I didnt like it at all! I also liked the hotel we stayed at. It was behind Lady from Lady and the Tramp.
Vacations are the timesaver."

I thought this was so cute. The first time I made her ride EE her first report back to school said I will never ever ever ever(about 20 evers) ride it again.....
Old 09-29-2008, 08:10 PM   #3799
PirateMel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by acm563 View Post
...but I had to share this as it is so cute. I was going thru Maries's schoolwork and came upon a paper she had to write...I will copy it here....

Great Vacations
"Favorite vacations are a blast. Themain thing me and my aunt and cousin did this summer was go and have fun at Busch Gardens. A ride we went on is one that felt so real I did not" like it at all. I had a lot of good things to eat. I even had a churro and it was really good.
Another vacation we went on was a trip to Disney World. The first ride we went on was Splash Mountain which I liked. We also went on Mount Everest. I didnt like it at all! I also liked the hotel we stayed at. It was behind Lady from Lady and the Tramp.
Vacations are the timesaver."

I thought this was so cute. The first time I made her ride EE her first report back to school said I will never ever ever ever(about 20 evers) ride it again.....
To cute - out of the mouth of babes
Old 09-29-2008, 08:13 PM   #3800
ttester9612
Magical Moments

Darcy, glad you all had a great time..

Mel, the pic is great and you do look good...

Angy, that was so too Disney related...why did you think it wouldn't be..
Old 09-29-2008, 08:37 PM   #3801
jadedbeauty14304
DIS Veteran

Just wanted to check in before I leave for work. I have no plans of trying Chantix yet. My nicotine patches, gum, and lozenges have done well to quiet my withdrawal symptoms so far. I am a little on edge, but I just have to keep myself under control. My oral fixation is probably the hardest part, but I have found that Twizzlers are a life saver there.
Darcy, I am glad you got home safe, and can't wait to hang again.
Mel, you are looking good girlie!!!!
Have a wonderful night all!
Old 09-29-2008, 09:20 PM   #3802
disneykip
Mouseketeer

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

A little late - but Happy Birthday to everyone!! Hope everyone had a great day.

Darcy - nice to have you back. Looking forward to hearing more about your trip.

Angy - that is so cute and so Disney.

Mel - love the picture.

Tracy - good luck!!! Pulling for you.

Sha - it is official official!! Congrats again!!
Old 09-29-2008, 10:20 PM   #3803
ahoff
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebecca06261 View Post
I'll admit to having wicked dreams in the beginning but they ended after a couple of weeks.

It was the wicked dreams that got me to quit smoking.

Plus I wanted to do a 5K in under 20 minutes.
Old 09-30-2008, 02:56 AM   #3804
nurse.darcy
DIS Veteran

I think she is referring to states that participate in the Compact States licensure system.

If you work in a compact state you can technically be licensed in all without additional documentation but you still have to pay each state's license fee and submit the online proof of documentation. So you aren't really licensed in one and able to work in others, just makes the process easier.
8/2007 - ASMu, 5/2008 - Pop, 8/2008 - POR & BWI, 9/2008 - POFQ, 12/2008 - Offsite, 3/2009 POR, 5/2009 - Pop, 7/2009 AKL. 10/2009 AKV and SSR, 1/2010 Grand California Villas, 2/2010 BLT, 5/2010 BWV, 7/2010 Pop
Old 09-30-2008, 05:57 AM   #3805
acm563
Passionate for Life~Are we there yet?~A dream is a wish your heart makes....~Can we all just get along~No more drama please

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurse.darcy View Post
I think she is referring to states that participate in the Compact States licensure system.

If you work in a compact state you can technically be licensed in all without additional documentation but you still have to pay each state's license fee and submit the online proof of documentation. So you aren't really licensed in one and able to work in others, just makes the process easier.
lol...No...Its not important but its just what I said it is.... You are partly correct , it is based on the compact state but you are incorrect in that you still have to pay each states license fee and submit documentation. You ARE licensed in one and able to work in the others..

"Code of Virginia, Virginia became a participating state in the Nurse Licensure Compact on January 1, 2005. The Nurse Licensure Compact authorizes Licensed Practical Nurses and Registered Nurses licensed and residing in a compact state to practice in other compact states without the necessity of obtaining an additional license" I wasnt certain if Fl was participating in this yet... Not important in the grand scheme of things, I was just curious
Old 09-30-2008, 06:10 AM   #3806
acm563

Good morning to all.... It will be a long day here, employess evaluations today and I always hate this part because I have employees who cannot handle constructive criticism.... so it is always a nightmare, I have learned to limit them to a 15 minute appointment and if they dont agree they can take it to HR, who is just going to back my decisions anyway.

I hope everyones day is as wonderful as it possibly can be

(yes I am starting my banana dance, I am so ready to go)
Old 09-30-2008, 06:45 AM   #3807
jadedbeauty14304
DIS Veteran

Mornin all and happy Tuesday!

thats all.

oh, heres a pic...

sigh... I wish I was still there!!!
Old 09-30-2008, 07:06 AM   #3808
ahoff
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadedbeauty14304 View Post

sigh... I wish I was still there!!!

Me too!

Nice picture.
Old 09-30-2008, 07:08 AM   #3809
DisneyDreams21
Enjoy the Pixie Dust

Happy Tuesday Everyone!

I'm still working through my first coffee and catching up with the posts...

Oh and the pic of Boardwalk sent me into fantasy zone for a minute, Tracy! LOL I felt like taking a walk to the Boardwalk Bakery with my refillable mug for coffee and one of those mouth watering desserts!

~Robin~

Old 09-30-2008, 07:16 AM   #3810
Jenroc
SMILE !! Everyone will wonder what you are up to !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydeb View Post
well i just got back, this vacation was a wash, sick 2 of the 3 nights on the cruise, then forgot darcys phone number at home, went to mnsshp only did 4 hours of it though, cant walk like i use to, i guess i'm to outta shape, but did get a free room upgrade at resort to a perferred site, that was cool, then with the big accident on 1-4 this am there was only one bus that had to pick everyone up and he said he got lost at exit 77. while on bus picking up other people, daughter called and said she and 4 year old grandson witnessed someone running a red light and mowing down some poor lady, she thinks the lady is dead, everyone is quite shaken up! i stopped at my daughters job on way home from airport to check on her, shes ok but still upset, gotta pick up grandson at school soon, daughter told school psychologist what happened and they were gonna keep eye on him, they also wanted to talk to her because of how shaken up she was when she brought him to school. everyone please pray for that lady, but i'm glad everyone else had a good time!
Thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. How awful !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sha View Post

Tracy good luck on the smoking cessation am sure you will do well!
STICK WITH IT - you can do it !!!!! CONGRATS !!!!!!

It is official... I am a RN! Got my license in the mail today!!! Love it! Just pumped up the excitement all over again! (now I need to remember this number)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PirateMel View Post
Hmmm - I need to be there, does that count.
I am with you, Mel !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PirateMel View Post

Hope this works!

Okay from left to right, My aunt, My Mom (twins) and Me.
Yay, Mel - you did it !!!!!!!!!!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: