Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-25-2008, 08:23 AM   #91
TyRy
Part of the problem is I wear my shorts
It is making me nutty

Last Post for now???

Hi all,

Thank you all for sticking with me through this..in less than 24 hours we should hopefully be at the World.

I was up at the crack of dawn today to get our SW boarding passes and we got in the low 20's of the A group

As I look at everything on the packing bed, it's been decided that we will check luggage since SW has no fee and it will just make it easier than trying to smush stuff into two tiny suitcases. BTW- DH is bringing more shoes than I am - there is something wrong with this picture

Our schedule at the moment is still pretty much the same EXECPT that with the Cubs in the playoffs, things may be moved, cancelled or rescheduled once we find out the exact schedule So glad I spent 11 months setting it all up and now at least four days may be completely messed with Well at least it will make for an interesting trip and an interesting trip report.

Oh - heel update - it's still bugging me, just not as bad...we may end up taking it a wee bit easier just so I'm not knawing my foot off by the end of the trip!

Wish me luck as we get on the scary plane tomorrow - or perhaps you should wish DH and the flight attendants luck as they are the ones that have to put up with me

Ty
Mickey's Hand is Back in my Pocket - A Trippie for Sept/Oct 08 and 1st Trip Home to AKV
Trip of New Phases, Friends & 40 - Sept 09 - CR/AKV
*A Giraffe Meets the Beach - Oct '10 BCV/AKV* *Oct '11 AKV/Poly *1st Birthday Trip and Disney Dream Cruise - Dec '11 AKV* *Oct '12 - 18 days! AKVJ, BWV, AKVK*
*Nov 2013 AKVJ* *Extra May 2014 Trip SSR*
Old 09-25-2008, 08:50 AM   #92
tiggerbell
DIS Veteran

HAVE A GREAT TRIP!!! May I suggest icing that heel every chance you get?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-25-2008, 09:26 AM   #93
Hedy
I'm 22 27 and I still kind of stammer
If you're old enough to hold a job, you're old enough to not burn popcorn

Have fun!
4/93-Dixie Landings*12/96-Dixie Landings*2/02-POR*DLR-8/05-Royal Stovall's Inn*3/06-POR*12/07-POFQ**8/08-POP/Dolphin*10/09-POFQSwan 12/10*Podcast cruise 12/10*AKV 8/11*AoA 1/13*AoA 4/13 Universal: 7/08 HRH, 7/09 RPR, 8/10 RPR
*A vegetarian and pescetarian do Disney dining 12/07*Hedy and the Carnivores 08/08*Hedy and Lexie Rock Vegas 12/08*
'Ohana means family. Family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten

Old 09-25-2008, 12:34 PM   #94
TyRy
It is making me nutty

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggerbell View Post
HAVE A GREAT TRIP!!! May I suggest icing that heel every chance you get?
Thanks Jaime - Someone gave me a great suggestion of freezing a water bottle and then using that to roll back and forth. I also just picked up a heel cushion thing at Run Chicago...maybe that will help a little.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedy View Post
Have fun!
Thanks Hedy - the fun will begin once I can kiss the ground after the plane lands safely...DH's fun begins (in my mind) once we leave for the airport and I start to freak out. Ok wait - maybe that's my fun since it's more or less torturing him and driving him crazy
Mickey's Hand is Back in my Pocket - A Trippie for Sept/Oct 08 and 1st Trip Home to AKV
*A Giraffe Meets the Beach - Oct '10 BCV/AKV* *Oct '11 AKV/Poly *1st Birthday Trip and Disney Dream Cruise - Dec '11 AKV* *Oct '12 - 18 days! AKVJ, BWV, AKVK*
Old 09-25-2008, 06:31 PM   #95
tiggerbell
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyRy View Post
Thanks Jaime - Someone gave me a great suggestion of freezing a water bottle and then using that to roll back and forth. I also just picked up a heel cushion thing at Run Chicago...maybe that will help a little.

You can also ask for some ice at any stand - carry a little baggie with you - and ice your foot during shows, too!
Old 09-25-2008, 07:41 PM   #96
funnybunny921
Mouseketeer

have a great time!!!!

Can't wait for our next half ... this year in DL!
Old 09-25-2008, 09:23 PM   #97
TyRy
It is making me nutty

Quote:
You can also ask for some ice at any stand - carry a little baggie with you - and ice your foot during shows, too!
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO - Great idea - thank you!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by funnybunny921 View Post
have a great time!!!!
Thanks so much...good luck with everything you guys are thinking about!
Old 09-25-2008, 10:28 PM   #98
luvthattink
Mouseketeer

have an awesome trip...i'll wave to you in the sky as we'll be flying down the day that you guys are flying back

Old 09-27-2008, 06:45 AM   #99
TyRy
It is making me nutty

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvthattink View Post
have an awesome trip...i'll wave to you in the sky as we'll be flying down the day that you guys are flying back
Thanks luvthattink, you also have a great trip - I'll be waving back through my tears since we will have left WDW!
Old 09-28-2008, 05:53 PM   #100
tiggerbell
DIS Veteran

Well, I didn't hear of any "un-named woman" causing a plane to emergency land between Chicago and Orlando, so I assume the pills worked!!!
Old 10-02-2008, 04:35 PM   #101
TyRy
It is making me nutty

I'm finally one of those people

Quote:
Well, I didn't hear of any "un-named woman" causing a plane to emergency land between Chicago and Orlando, so I assume the pills worked!!!
Pills worked

QUICK UPDATE:

Resorts = so far great
Food - Pretty good
Health - Heel - been really good, Rest of Body -HORRIBLE - I've lost two days because I now have STREP THROAT! Yep - I'm one of those people who got sick on their long planned vacation

Jaime - you may hear about that unnamed woman on the way home as I can't take the valium with the other meds

More when we get back!
Old 10-02-2008, 04:36 PM   #102
Hedy
I'm 22 27 and I still kind of stammer
If you're old enough to hold a job, you're old enough to not burn popcorn

Quote:
Pills worked

QUICK UPDATE:

Resorts = so far great
Food - Pretty good
Health - Heel - been really good, Rest of Body -HORRIBLE - I've lost two days because I now have STREP THROAT! Yep - I'm one of those people who got sick on their long planned vacation

Jaime - you may hear about that unnamed woman on the way home as I can't take the valium with the other meds

More when we get back!
4/93-Dixie Landings*12/96-Dixie Landings*2/02-POR*DLR-8/05-Royal Stovall's Inn*3/06-POR*12/07-POFQ**8/08-POP/Dolphin*10/09-POFQSwan 12/10*Podcast cruise 12/10*AKV 8/11*AoA 1/13*AoA 4/13 Universal: 7/08 HRH, 7/09 RPR, 8/10 RPR
*A vegetarian and pescetarian do Disney dining 12/07*Hedy and the Carnivores 08/08*Hedy and Lexie Rock Vegas 12/08*
'Ohana means family. Family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten

Old 10-02-2008, 09:52 PM   #103
funnybunny921
Mouseketeer

Quote:

feel better!!!

Can't wait for our next half ... this year in DL!
Old 10-04-2008, 01:04 AM   #104
312.Duck
pro-Duck

Unhappy

Quote:
Rest of Body -HORRIBLE - I've lost two days because I now have STREP THROAT! Yep - I'm one of those people who got sick on their long planned vacation
Tragic scenario for a true DisFreak!

Thankfully I've been able to get a break from running around , and she's been forced to enjoy this gorgeous resort a bit.

Funny thing is, the night before being diagnosed there was a story on the 11 o'clock news about sickness going around here, listing all her symptoms to a T (NPI). She had been moaning about some kids coughing on her at the park, so maybe she'll learn to relax rather than going 100MPH between the parks, restaurants, and other activities here...
(yeah, right...)

Click here to see TyRy's Dis binder growth over time...
< "Miss you, mom."
Old 10-07-2008, 01:54 PM   #105
TyRy
It is making me nutty

Quote:
Originally Posted by 312.Duck View Post
Tragic scenario for a true DisFreak!

Thankfully I've been able to get a break from running around , and she's been forced to enjoy this gorgeous resort a bit.
(yeah, right...)
I'm sad to say I think DH has something to do with my strep throat. He knew my heel was better so he had to find another way to knock me down I think he found the sickest kid in the park when I wasn't looking and had them lick my cup or something And I still didn't get to enjoy it as much..laying on a couch does not count!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: