Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-21-2008, 03:22 PM   #76
padalyn
Truth is stranger than fiction - you really can't make this stuff up!

I am doing it....

Ok - I have been hemming and hawing for 2 years about going back to school. I was talking to an old professor of mine one night (from my associates program), and she told me that my most recent alma mater had FINALLY gotten their masters programs online, and that she is heavily involved with it.

hmm I say to self. gotta check that out.

so, I do. Seems that the master's level classes I took in my bachelors program will EXPIRE in 2009. So - I called the dean of the school. It was a small program and everyone was very close.

Kathy answered me on 4th of July. What are you doing in the office I ask - getting stuff done she answered!!!

She told me I was in the masters program, I just had to fill out some paperwork. I did so, and today I actually registered for and paid for my class.

I am SO not mentally ready to do this again - but - here I go!!! Like swimming in cold water - just jump in I guess

Online classes are usually a lot more work than in person - but have huge flexibility.

Wish me luck!!!

Hey Lynn- here in NJ one is allowed to audit classes at any state sponsered school if over a certain age. No degree, but lots of knowledge. If one wants the degree, one pays 25% of the tuition I think. Is it the same where you are? Online classes are not really a big deal, just more papers and research really. Just a thought!
Oct - our one year anniversary - the last of 7 trips to celebrate our first year of marriage! (part 7)
2/15/15:.....Magic Cruise
5/15/15:...EBTA northern itinerary
July 2015....Vero Beach for turtle watch!
Nov 2015.....family trip to WDW for Thanksgiving
Past trips: .. .. .. WDW: (no longer counting). . . . . . . . .DLR:5 . . . . . . . . . .DLP:2 . . . . . . . . .The rest? not planned yet!
. .Cruises.(27 with total nights: 191)[Fantasy x3; Dream x4; Magic x12; Wonder x9]. . ABD:Imperial Cities
.DVC member since 2001
Oct 12, 2013: our handfasting day!!!! The most important day of my life.
2012:My Grand Slam!.. .. .. .. 4 - 3 - 2 - 1....4 ships, 3 ports, 2 coasts, in 1 year!!
padalyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 09:46 PM   #77
kpros
I ride for the Arthritis Foundation!

Good Luck with that Cayla! It will be worth it in the end.

Ken
kpros is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-22-2008, 07:40 AM   #78
Scott H
First to Magically cross from Kingdom to Kingdom!

Good Morning Cruisers, onday closer and it is Friday, want to get outta here by Noon, I hope.

Enjoy.
If we couldn't laugh we would all just go insane. The only difference between an adventure and an ordeal is attitude. Donít dream your life, Live your dream! Paradise is not a place but a state of Mind
KEWL!!!
Scott H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 11:37 AM   #79
Lynn G
Walker of Malamutes

Good Morning Cruisers! Beautiful day here in Cheyenne!

Cayla, I do not know about on line classes here in Wyoming, but I imagine that because the state is so big, and schools so limited, that there is a big on-line program. I did have a friend at work in Jackson who was taking a course on-line, she did nothing but complain about how much work she was expected to do in so little time with very little support from the instructor, but she did blame the instructor, not the school or the system for the problems she was having. Congrats on going back to school, I know that is a big step, and good luck to you - I know you will do great!
Old 08-23-2008, 08:34 AM   #80
kpros

Good morning everyone! Another day closer to the cruise!!!

Off for a ride this morning. Overcast and foggy here.

Ken
Old 08-24-2008, 05:57 AM   #81
Scott H

Good Morning Cruisers, One day closer. KEWL!!!

Ken lets hope the cooler weather holds for a week. How Kewl we will see you guys in less than a week. I am ready fr another vacation.

The Advenmtures Club Bar. Wyoming Chapter.

Bar top detail.

Bar back detail.

Bookcases inprogress. Note pink paint will be covered, also bar front will get nice oak detail with raised pannels.

In 9 months we will be packing the camper and trailer and heading on the road to do a job in Indiana, then there is the Canada job, LOL Book Soggy Moose Construction early , unless we are teaching diving, running a race, or I am the greeter at Walmart.
If we couldn't laugh we would all just go insane. The only difference between an adventure and an ordeal is attitude. Donít dream your life, Live your dream! Paradise is not a place but a state of Mind
KEWL!!!
Old 08-25-2008, 07:36 AM   #82
Scott H

Hope ya all had a great weekend, It is KEWL we sill see some of ya real soon, That is so neat, we are really blessed.

Oh we are a day closer.
KEWL!!!
Old 08-25-2008, 12:38 PM   #83
kpros

Hi Scott - one comment about the bar. There's only room for 6 wine bottles - you better go back to the plans. I think you missed something!

Ken
Old 08-25-2008, 12:51 PM   #84
Scott H

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpros View Post
Hi Scott - one comment about the bar. There's only room for 6 wine bottles - you better go back to the plans. I think you missed something!

Ken
Oh No, well will have to get one of the wine cellar thingies.
KEWL!!!
Old 08-25-2008, 12:54 PM   #85
kpros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott H View Post
Oh No, well will have to get one of the wine cellar thingies.
Nice Recovery!
Old 08-25-2008, 03:30 PM   #86
booger73
Stayed at a Holiday Inn last night...

Hi folks!
Just got off the 8/20 wonder, and rebooked here for the 8/13/09 wonder while on board...
Some due to Fay influence (try a week earlier), and also trying to cruise earlier so we aren't as close to school

Didn't realize it was the 10th anniversary cruise.. hah.. that's awesome!
Looking forward to it already
We have been: AKV 8/08, BLT 12/09, BWV (8/06 8/07 8/09 6/10 7/12), Grand Calif 6/07, SSR 12/06, VGF 12/13 DCL Wonder (8/08 8/09 6/10 and Alaska 7/11), DCL Magic (Eastern 1/11 and 12d Med 6/13), DCL Dream 5d 6/12
Upcoming: DCL Magic 11d Norway/Iceland 6/15

booger73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 06:40 PM   #87
Scott H

Quote:
Originally Posted by booger73 View Post
Hi folks!
Just got off the 8/20 wonder, and rebooked here for the 8/13/09 wonder while on board...
Some due to Fay influence (try a week earlier), and also trying to cruise earlier so we aren't as close to school

Welcome aboard, glad to have ya with us.
KEWL!!!
Old 08-25-2008, 06:51 PM   #88
Scott H

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpros View Post

Ken
Better yet Ken I found wine in a box that fits those holes just perfect.
KEWL!!!
Old 08-25-2008, 08:19 PM   #89
kpros

Quote:
Originally Posted by booger73 View Post
Hi folks!

Welcome aboard! If you post the first names of your group, I will update the cruise list on the first post of this thread.

Ken
Old 08-25-2008, 08:22 PM   #90
kpros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott H View Post
Better yet Ken I found wine in a box that fits those holes just perfect.
Is that 6 gallons worth? We will be right over!!!!

Ken

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: