Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-09-2008, 11:17 AM   #61
TyRy
Part of the problem is I wear my shorts
It is making me nutty

OK - let's pretend for a moment that it's now a TR about our 2004 trip with both sets of parents to the WDW - cue crazy flashback music....

Now that we are back in 04 I need to explain that we were going to drive with my parents to Florida, until my dad figured out that he had enough credits on American for us all to fly - UH OH. So that's what we do. I haven't flown since 2000 so I'm totally freaked out. What's a girl to do Call the doctor and get some "happy pills" to make flying easier. She gives me Valium and says it'll work - and I believed her!

So it's the night before we fly, I think I'll start on the happy pills now as I'm already freaking out and can't sleep and we have to be up at 4am. Well it might have worked, EXECPT that our dog chose that night to become ill, so I was up with her...I think adrenaline wiped out any effects of the pill. I hated leaving her even, but my sister reassured me she would take could care of her and have her at the vet when the opened the next day.

So off to O'Hare we go. Hey - I think I'll take another supposed happy pill - afterall, now I'm tired so it should really work. We get through security and everything and I'm not feeling anything....perhaps a drink would help (NOTE - do not try this at home!) EXECEPT - airport bars are not open at 6am - what?! Come one - work with me!!! So DH and my DP's decide to get breakfast and I should eat something...ummm yeah right. I sat and picked at a bagel while they ate and the unhappy pills were still not working!

Here's a couple of pics that DH snapped that should set the mood:

If you look closely in the above picture you can almost make out the bagel I destroyed by picking out the inside and eating little bites

My dad was really amused by me!!! So we board the plane and the sugar pills (which I'm now convinced they are) have not worked and I'm silently freaking out...I'm much worse on takeoff than on landing. My DP's are in front of us and DH is next to the window (so he gets sucked out first of course!) and I'm on his other side. The flight attendants buckle in and we had one next to us in the jump seat. She takes one look at me in my sunglasses and scared to death face and very sternly asks if we have a problem. My Dad starts cracking up and DH wants to try and crawl out onto the wing of the plane. DH simply explains I'm really scared and that I would be fine once we've been in the air for awhile. So the FA still keeps talking about how her daughter is scared and Mark has to tell her politely she can keep talking but I'm just in my own little world of fright and nothing can bring me out. HEY - if Kevin Sorbo came and sat down next to me I'd knock it off instantly, but since that didn't happen - I stayed in my world. OH and my dad is still laughing through this whole thing!

So I make it through the flight and we land. We get into the rental car and start driving. We check into our offsite hotel for one nite, gran some food and then drive to WDW to show my parents. We soon see the purple arch we all love so much. DH is expecting me to be bouncing out of my seat, but alas, the stupid pills finally start to work about six hours too late

I point and say we're here...DH cracks up and says he knew they weren't sugar pills and look how mellow I am now...yeah lots of good it did on the way there!

Cue music moving us back to the present.......

So now you know my fun story of my last time flying...darn pills didn't really work on the way home either! So I'm going to have to get something different and much stronger. I think my adrenaline of fear can overcome Valium too easily!

Ty
Mickey's Hand is Back in my Pocket - A Trippie for Sept/Oct 08 and 1st Trip Home to AKV
Trip of New Phases, Friends & 40 - Sept 09 - CR/AKV
*A Giraffe Meets the Beach - Oct '10 BCV/AKV* *Oct '11 AKV/Poly *1st Birthday Trip and Disney Dream Cruise - Dec '11 AKV* *Oct '12 - 18 days! AKVJ, BWV, AKVK*
*Nov 2013 AKVJ* *Extra May 2014 Trip SSR*
Old 05-09-2008, 12:10 PM   #62
tiggerbell
DIS Veteran

Huh. The doctor gave Judi some Valium for a flight, but told her to take 1 every 12 hours for a few days before the flight. Maybe that strategy would work better for you? I take very well to meds... I took mine while eating breakfast in the Southwest line and right before we boarded, I went to the bathroom and could already feel the pills (of course, I was accidently taking 3 times the normal dose!)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-09-2008, 09:04 PM   #63
TyRy
It is making me nutty

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggerbell View Post
Huh. The doctor gave Judi some Valium for a flight, but told her to take 1 every 12 hours for a few days before the flight. Maybe that strategy would work better for you? I take very well to meds... I took mine while eating breakfast in the Southwest line and right before we boarded, I went to the bathroom and could already feel the pills (of course, I was accidently taking 3 times the normal dose!)
I'm thinking I like the three times the dose way
Mickey's Hand is Back in my Pocket - A Trippie for Sept/Oct 08 and 1st Trip Home to AKV
*A Giraffe Meets the Beach - Oct '10 BCV/AKV* *Oct '11 AKV/Poly *1st Birthday Trip and Disney Dream Cruise - Dec '11 AKV* *Oct '12 - 18 days! AKVJ, BWV, AKVK*
Old 06-14-2008, 10:55 PM   #64
stagemomx3
DIS Veteran

I think the cobwebs are getting kind of thick in here.
Old 06-15-2008, 06:51 AM   #65
tiggerbell
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stagemomx3 View Post
Those aren't cobwebs... that's powdered sugar from all the beignets Tracy has been able to get ahold of!

PS - Michelle - I'm in the middle of your report and LOVING IT!!
Old 06-15-2008, 09:43 AM   #66
stagemomx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Those aren't cobwebs... that's powdered sugar from all the beignets Tracy has been able to get ahold of!

Thanks.
Old 06-16-2008, 09:57 AM   #67
TyRy
It is making me nutty

Quote:

I'm blaming having to finish our basement before having a party for my niece in three weeks and work ...it's our insane time of year..I haven't been home at a decent hour in two weeks...thankfully the Upfront is almost over and life on the Disboards can get back to normal!

Quote:

Great - now I want beignets...may have to stop after work now if I can get home at a normal time!

Hmmmm - and there really haven't been any updates. I'm having the usual Disney nightmares already...forgot my binder , forgot my schedule all ADRS were deleted once we were already down there and now I'm even having (and we all knew it would happen!) ones about planes! Thankfully its more of we forgot to pack, but the plane leaves in an hour or I forgot to get online at 24 hours to get A passes for SW -I think I might need that prescpition sooner

BUT - the good news is only one more day until we hit double digits - YEAH!!!
Old 06-16-2008, 10:36 AM   #68
stagemomx3
DIS Veteran

Hurray for us not being abandoned by you! Looking forward to the double digit dance tomorrow.
Old 06-16-2008, 02:40 PM   #69
TyRy
It is making me nutty

Quote:
Hurray for us not being abandoned by you! Looking forward to the double digit dance tomorrow.
No abandoning I promise..although with finishing all the work at home (which I know you understand all too well Michelle) I think he may have abandoned the report.

OH - and I cannot do math - TGM told me today that I'm at 102 days - so it'll be Thursday before I hit double digits...and I was soooo looking forward to that! Is there a "D'oh" emoticon?
Old 06-19-2008, 10:53 AM   #70
TyRy
It is making me nutty

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I opened my TGM this morning and saw this message:

Hi, Ty! We have 99 days until your Walt Disney World vacation begins on Friday, September 26, 2008!

I didn't think we'd ever get to double digits. It seems like tiggerbell has been in the double digits FOREVER and she is only going a few weeks before me!

OH - and, of course, we had to add another ADR. Since it seems River Roost (the bar at POR) no longer has the yummy french onion soup or garlic cheese bites we had no where to eat on our first night. Well DH made the call and we'll be heading to the 50's Prime Time Cafe...my only worry is I'll be crabby since I will have been up since 3AM Hopefully all will go well and I've always wanted to try their fried chicken as it has always looked so good...as long with their "Adult" beverge menu

AND DH - who has been moaning and groaning about going again actually said "NOW I have a reason to go. Well, that and the Norway restaurant."

Hey - it's an indirect update from him

I'm still hopeful as we get closer (and get the darn basement finished) he'll get more excited again.
Old 06-19-2008, 10:58 AM   #71
stagemomx3
DIS Veteran

Whoo hoo double digit dance!
Old 06-19-2008, 11:34 AM   #72
Hedy
I'm 22 27 and I still kind of stammer
If you're old enough to hold a job, you're old enough to not burn popcorn

Yay double digit dance!
4/93-Dixie Landings*12/96-Dixie Landings*2/02-POR*DLR-8/05-Royal Stovall's Inn*3/06-POR*12/07-POFQ**8/08-POP/Dolphin*10/09-POFQSwan 12/10*Podcast cruise 12/10*AKV 8/11*AoA 1/13*AoA 4/13 Universal: 7/08 HRH, 7/09 RPR, 8/10 RPR
*A vegetarian and pescetarian do Disney dining 12/07*Hedy and the Carnivores 08/08*Hedy and Lexie Rock Vegas 12/08*
'Ohana means family. Family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten

Old 06-22-2008, 09:07 AM   #73
TyRy
It is making me nutty

Quote:
Whoo hoo double digit dance!
I know - as I said before...FINALLY. What's the next one...single digits? That just seems waaaaaaaaaaay to far off I'm thinking the 30 day dance may have to be instituted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedy View Post

Yay double digit dance!
This is the first time I've ever done the double digit dance as it's my first pre-trippie...I must say it was fun!!! Now if only DH would start getting excited about it
Old 06-29-2008, 02:59 PM   #74
TyRy
It is making me nutty

And so it begins...

Well at least this time instead of three weeks out DH deceided just under three months out that we need to change ADR's I mentioned the rumored changes at LTT and he said he was glad we were hitting in before and he was looking forward to the clam chowder on the dinner menu. Ummm - there is NO soup on the dinner menu...only lunch. So here we go again, BUT I'm keeping the dinner ADR and may add lunch...we'll see.

OH - he then wants Manhattan Clam Chowder - ummmmm nowhere has that!!! He's lucky I had some down time and actually found it at Cap'n Jacks...so we are now going there for lunch. Anyone ever been? Is it any good? They certainly had a lot of ADR times open.

So now that we've started the changes, we'll have to see how many original ADR's we end up with. My money is still on him realizing two weeks out and me trying to change things then!
Old 06-29-2008, 03:58 PM   #75
tiggerwannabe
Optimistic Realist~

Photographer Extraordinaire~

Disney is my Therapy~

My son "lived" on clam chowders his first trip to the world~

I know he's had both but that was many, many years ago...

The only review of Captain Jacks I've seen is MDF's and he went pretty much every trip with his family If you keep the ADR I will be interested to know your opinion of it~

°O°The Key to Happiness is Self Delusion°O°

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: