Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-13-2008, 06:12 PM   #31
Padrepride
The Ultimate Padre Fan
 
Padrepride's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PETCO Park
Posts: 908

I do know that Disney has a list of people who are not allowed to purchase season passes.
Padrepride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 06:39 AM   #32
Mouse Freak
Earning My Ears
 
Mouse Freak's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Maui,Hawaii
Posts: 8

Why ruin a good time?

I don't know why anyone would do anything against Disney policy or rules. This is a place to enjoy with your family and somewhat escape the realities of the real life. If someone is banned from Disneyland then they should be, because their actions must have been such that might, could or did disrupt someones elses good time. This, I feel, is something that absolutely can not be tolerated..Just my opinion ... Michelle
__________________
Mouse Freak
Mouse Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 05-15-2008, 01:08 PM   #33
harmonium
Mouseketeer
 
harmonium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: NJ
Posts: 327

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padrepride View Post
I do know that Disney has a list of people who are not allowed to purchase season passes.
Why? They are only allowed to purchase dailies? Does that have something to do with being caught letting other people use your passes?
__________________
02-2003 ~ OKW
02-2004 ~ OKW
02-2005 ~ BCV
02-2006 ~ BCV
02-2007 ~ AKL & BCV
02-2008 AKL & VWL
01-2009 ~ Poly & VWL
09-2009 ~ Bay Lake Towers
02-2010 ~ Poly
harmonium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 02:03 PM   #34
mitros
I'm not nuts, I just appear to be
86 miles from the magic
The Tag Fairy will retire when people don't want anymore tags or she's asked to, whichever comes first :)
 
mitros's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: florida
Posts: 4,274

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouse Freak View Post
I don't know why anyone would do anything against Disney policy or rules. This is a place to enjoy with your family and somewhat escape the realities of the real life. If someone is banned from Disneyland then they should be, because their actions must have been such that might, could or did disrupt someones elses good time. This, I feel, is something that absolutely can not be tolerated..Just my opinion ... Michelle
'cause people are N-U-T-Z!, that's why......
__________________
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ..
..Edmund Burke
mitros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 09:33 AM   #35
zeroed
Kickin' it mad tiggerish, yo!
 
zeroed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 104

Quote:
Originally Posted by harmonium View Post
Why? They are only allowed to purchase dailies? Does that have something to do with being caught letting other people use your passes?
Perhaps or some other disorderly behavior. May even be part of a settlement agreement from suing Disney. Slip and fall claims are probably settled this way. Something like, "Here's your check Mr. Smith and by accepting and signing this agreement you are banned from all Disney properties forever and ever and ever. "
__________________
I am more annoying than a Brazilian tour group riding ECVs during Pop Warner week.
zeroed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 10:03 AM   #36
doconeill


Fastpass Jedi Master
 
doconeill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 16,617

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroed View Post
Perhaps or some other disorderly behavior. May even be part of a settlement agreement from suing Disney. Slip and fall claims are probably settled this way. Something like, "Here's your check Mr. Smith and by accepting and signing this agreement you are banned from all Disney properties forever and ever and ever. "
Such settlements are actually not that unusual. I know someone who suffered fractured vertebrae somehow from an old wooden out-and-back roller coaster. As part of the settlement, she agreed to be "banned" from the park. Of course, the company she worked for had their summer outing at the park a few years later...

I don't believe the ban comes with any sort of enforcement - however liability is for the post part removed if the "banned" person chooses to violate the the ban and the conditions of the settlement.

At least I believe - that's how it was explained to me. IANAL nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn last night.
__________________
Doc - WDW Untangled - New: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - MagicBands - ADR Calculator - WDW MYW Ticket Price Calculator
"WDW is the reason more of us should have paid more attention in Math class." - Me
Commissioner, Official DIS Unplugged Fantasy Football League - MK Conf - EC Conf - HS Conf -2013 Champion oc_tony!
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

doconeill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 09:05 PM   #37
Jimmy712
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by harmonium View Post
From what I have read about being banned it is almost like the trouble maker will not return to Disney on their word. If they are caught it is a different story and then there are the consequences, but whose to say how Disney would find out they are even in the park(s)? I know I'm making a leap of assumptions here, but if you are the type to misbehave enough to get banned from WDW then I doubt you are going to be honest enough to not sneak back in.

Does anyone know of an example of someone getting banned or what the criteria is for getting banned?
I know of a guy getting banned for continuiously standing up on Slash Mountain. The first 2 times they made an announcement for him to stand down and the 3rd time was right before the big drop. They stopped the ride escorted him off and he was eventually turned over to Orange County Police Department.
Jimmy712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 11:00 PM   #38
smatterchu
Magical Mouse-arazzi
 
smatterchu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Clermont, FL
Posts: 221

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy712 View Post
I know of a guy getting banned for continuiously standing up on Slash Mountain. The first 2 times they made an announcement for him to stand down and the 3rd time was right before the big drop. They stopped the ride escorted him off and he was eventually turned over to Orange County Police Department.
Safety is a big reason that someone can be banned from Disney. Our first duty is safety, so that's really key...

People crossing in front of parades and things like that...if you cut in front of a float and force it to stop suddenly - you could be banned....it jeopardizes the safety of guests and cast members....
__________________
Peas 'n Hominy....Smatterchu
Tara Laine - Proud Mommy of Twin Boys, Max & Zach


Living the Dream - I get to see the Fab Five almost every day!!

March 2009 - Disney Wonder Cruise!! - Can't wait to go again!!!
* DCL - Wonder - January 2008 - Our First Disney Cruise!

smatterchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 11:43 PM   #39
SelfEmployedDebtFree
If I hadn't just been sitting in it; I'd swear you had lost your mind! (Tim Burton's Corpse Bride)
 
SelfEmployedDebtFree's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: NC
Posts: 2,034

I was banned from a theme park once. As a teen I and my wife (my fiance at the time) stole some markers to write on the walls at Carrowinds. (Now Paramounts). We were removed from the park, and told to never return. They told us they would know us if we ever tried to return and press charges. 2 years later we bought annual passes.
But SERIOUSLY. We were just stupid teenagers. I stole a $1.44 pack of magic markers. HONESTLY. Never return over $1.44??? Thats absurd.
The same applies true to WDW. When I read the title of this thread I envisioned a sex offender molesting children in one of the attractions, or someone waving around a handgun or something like that. Not 2 girls smoking a joint or someone stealing pins. Please understand; I've never EVER did drugs, and I don't condone it, but that seems a bit harsh to me too. I certainly don't steal now either, (unless you count the misc packets at the fixins bars!!! ) but that seems harsh as well.
I can understand losing your rights to the park for that day but permanent expulsion???

So, What else can get you banned for?

Quote:
I've heard of people being forced to ride Its a Small World for 8 straight hours
Hey! That beats a day of crawling under houses fixing leaks ANY day!!! All I would need is a cushion for my butt and a supply of coffee to keep me from falling on the other riders when i doze off.
__________________


Favorite Walt Disney World drink: "Beverly" in Club Cool!

Cameras used: Olympus Stylus 410, Konica Minolta Dimage Z2, RED Pentax K-x DSLR
SelfEmployedDebtFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 12:20 AM   #40
Maistre Gracey
Still trying to figure out the mystery of the 'Downy Ball' and the Tag Fairies??!!
Kevin Bacon looks just like me<
 
Maistre Gracey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Mostly Connecticut, but preferably VWL or VB!
Posts: 7,246

Quote:
Originally Posted by SelfEmployedDebtFree View Post
I was banned from a theme park once. As a teen I and my wife (my fiance at the time) stole some markers to write on the walls at Carrowinds. (Now Paramounts). We were removed from the park, and told to never return. They told us they would know us if we ever tried to return and press charges. 2 years later we bought annual passes.
But SERIOUSLY. We were just stupid teenagers. I stole a $1.44 pack of magic markers. HONESTLY. Never return over $1.44??? Thats absurd.
The same applies true to WDW. When I read the title of this thread I envisioned a sex offender molesting children in one of the attractions, or someone waving around a handgun or something like that. Not 2 girls smoking a joint or someone stealing pins. Please understand; I've never EVER did drugs, and I don't condone it, but that seems a bit harsh to me too. I certainly don't steal now either, (unless you count the misc packets at the fixins bars!!! ) but that seems harsh as well.
I can understand losing your rights to the park for that day but permanent expulsion???

So, What else can get you banned for?


Hey! That beats a day of crawling under houses fixing leaks ANY day!!! All I would need is a cushion for my butt and a supply of coffee to keep me from falling on the other riders when i doze off.
Ban a child molester?? No, a child molester or someone waving a gun should be in jail.
Someone smoking drugs at WDW should be banned.

MG
__________________
Kungaloosh!

Maistre Gracey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 12:47 AM   #41
SelfEmployedDebtFree
If I hadn't just been sitting in it; I'd swear you had lost your mind! (Tim Burton's Corpse Bride)
 
SelfEmployedDebtFree's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: NC
Posts: 2,034

Quote:
ban a child molester?? No, a child molester or someone waving a gun should be in jail.
Someone smoking drugs at WDW should be banned.
OF COURSE THEY SHOULD GO TO JAIL!!! They will get out sooner or later..... Dont you think they should be banned too?????

But 14 years old is a juvenile. Would YOU want to be punished for LIFE for a small infraction you did as a MINOR??? (maybe you were a perfect minor., but I wasn't. I made some dumb decisions.) I'm not talking about school shootings or murder, were talking about someone smoking something they shouldn't have been. Regular cigarettes (marlboro, etc) are more addictive than heroin I'm told, and they are legal. Here again, I don't, and have never did drugs, but I have friends who have. Marijuana is illegal because of taxes. Regular cigarettes aren't much better. They can still kill you from cancer.
And last I heard marijuana is now legal in some states for certain uses. Granted, I wouldn't want myself or my children breathing the fumes, but I don't want them breathing in cigarette smoke either, and its all over WDW. Though it isn't supposed to be either, and I don't see the CMs doing anything about it. I watched smokers walk right by CMs on my last trip and they weren't in designated areas either.

But I think we're both getting a bit OT here, so I'm unsubscribing before things get sticky. I think the emphasis was how would they know if they reentered; not a moral debate on what should cause park banning. I should have considered that more before my post.
__________________


Favorite Walt Disney World drink: "Beverly" in Club Cool!

Cameras used: Olympus Stylus 410, Konica Minolta Dimage Z2, RED Pentax K-x DSLR
SelfEmployedDebtFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 12:50 AM   #42
SelfEmployedDebtFree
If I hadn't just been sitting in it; I'd swear you had lost your mind! (Tim Burton's Corpse Bride)
 
SelfEmployedDebtFree's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: NC
Posts: 2,034

Quote:
Obama/Wright 2008 - Just say NO!!
That we do agree on!
__________________


Favorite Walt Disney World drink: "Beverly" in Club Cool!

Cameras used: Olympus Stylus 410, Konica Minolta Dimage Z2, RED Pentax K-x DSLR
SelfEmployedDebtFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 01:45 PM   #43
harmonium
Mouseketeer
 
harmonium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: NJ
Posts: 327

Hey MG, nice avatar! I felt the same way about the child molestor and gun waving comment when I read it. Jail, then bannishment. I would assume that Disney does not condone molesting and gun waving.

SelfEmployedDebtFree: I suppose the theme park would forgive a minor underage theft at some point. Considering you were not an adult at the time your record is cleansed so I doubt you would have any issue getting back in.
__________________
02-2003 ~ OKW
02-2004 ~ OKW
02-2005 ~ BCV
02-2006 ~ BCV
02-2007 ~ AKL & BCV
02-2008 AKL & VWL
01-2009 ~ Poly & VWL
09-2009 ~ Bay Lake Towers
02-2010 ~ Poly
harmonium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 08:51 PM   #44
hardhead
Mouseketeer
 
hardhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 358

I KnoW somebody that was banned
__________________
1975 thru 1983 Contemporary, 1984 Thru 1989 Fort Wilderness, 1991 Off Site, 2008 FW,
May 2009 SSR, May 2010 SSR, Sept 2010 BLT, May 2011 BWV, Sept. 2011 BWV/AKV, Aug 2012 BWV, April 2013 BWV, aug 2013, aug 2014 ssr/gf/bwv
Me (41) DW (19) DS (8) DD (4)

Last edited by hardhead; 08-14-2012 at 09:11 PM.
hardhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 12:21 PM   #45
GenevieveRaqs
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 631

Wasn't the guy who swam across to Discovery Island in the dark and blogged about it years later banned for life after the story came out?
GenevieveRaqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:58 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: