Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2008, 08:10 AM   #496
MamaCrush
DIS Veteran

Thanks, Buzz. CSR just gets better and better! I'm booking our trip for 9/21-27/08 this morning. Can't wait!

DCL Western 7-Day Cruise: January 2005 ~ Pop Century: September 2006 ~ Coronoado Springs Resort: September 2008 ~ Saratoga Springs: March 2009 ~ Old Key West: August 2009 ~ Boardwalk Villas: September 2009 -Adults Only! ~ Saratoga Springs: April, 2010 ~ Saratoga Springs: September 2010 - Mickey's Halloween 5K ~ Animal Kingdom Kidani Village: November/December 2010 ~ Animal Kingdom Kidani Village: February 2011 - Princess Royal Family 5K ~ Animal Kingdom Jambo House: May 2011 - Expedition Everest Challenge ~ Wilderness Lodge: June 2011 ~ All Star Movies: October 2011 - Kids Dancing with Disney Youth Performing Arts! ~ Saratoga Springs: January 2012 - Mommy/Daughter Birthday Trip - DD Turns 10! ~ June 2012 - Bay Lake Tower ~ September 2012 - Happy Haunted 5K Trail Run - Port Orleans Riverside ~ March 2013 - Solo Trip - Saratoga Springs ~ May 2013 - Expedition Everest Challenge with DS13 - Animal Kingdom Lodge
~ September 19-20 Solo Trip - Wilderness Lodge
Old 04-24-2008, 08:15 AM   #497
UShistoryteacher
Earning My Ears

Just back from CSR!!!!

We just got in last night after a week stay at CSR and all I can say is that it was even better than I expected from start to finish. Check-in took minutes and the CM was so friendly and gave the kids all sorts of fun pins and stickers. I requested connecting standard view rooms in Casitas and was sure that we would have a view of the parking lot. But instead we received connecting rooms with a beautiful view of a courtyard. The room was spotless and the beds and pillows were very comfortable. The mousecleaning left us towel animals all week along with setting up the kids stuffed animals in all different ways, the kids loved it.

The pool was great, the slide was open and we all had fun on it. Just an FYI if you have little kids, you can bring your room key to the marina and they will give you a life vest to use for the entire stay. It was great because my 3 yr. old was able to go down the water slide and we didn't have to catch her at the bottom, which made her feel so grown up. Our four kids loved the pool! I enjoyed meeting Francisco at the the pool bar and really enjoyed my lime/strawberry margarita at the pool!

We also loved the Pepper Market, I was a bit nervous because of the mixed reviews, but it was great! The food was excellent and an amazing value on the dining plan. We especially loved the Mexican section, the fajitas and quesadillas were so good!

There were conventions going on while we there, but they in no way interfered with us. They were busy during the day and left the buses fairly empty. The only time we were on a packed bus was on the way home from MK. We stayed for Wishes and as expected there was a long line for the buses, but that was the same for every resort. I also liked staying at the Casitas because you are the first stop to be picked up and we always had a seat on the way to the parks and were the first to get off the bus coming home.

What can I say, but thank you for all the advice on information that you all shared on CSR. CSR was not my original choice, we wanted to stay at POFQ but we were able to get a good deal by staying at CSR and not at POFQ so we decided to stay at CSR and we couldn't be happier. CSR will for now on be our resort choice, it was perfect in every way! I am already starting to plan our next trip to CSR!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-24-2008, 08:18 AM   #498
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by UShistoryteacher View Post
We just got in last night after a week stay at CSR and all I can say is that it was even better than I expected from start to finish. Check-in took minutes and the CM was so friendly and gave the kids all sorts of fun pins and stickers. I requested connecting standard view rooms in Casitas and was sure that we would have a view of the parking lot. But instead we received connecting rooms with a beautiful view of a courtyard. The room was spotless and the beds and pillows were very comfortable. The mousecleaning left us towel animals all week along with setting up the kids stuffed animals in all different ways, the kids loved it.

The pool was great, the slide was open and we all had fun on it. Just an FYI if you have little kids, you can bring your room key to the marina and they will give you a life vest to use for the entire stay. It was great because my 3 yr. old was able to go down the water slide and we didn't have to catch her at the bottom, which made her feel so grown up. Our four kids loved the pool! I enjoyed meeting Francisco at the the pool bar and really enjoyed my lime/strawberry margarita at the pool!

We also loved the Pepper Market, I was a bit nervous because of the mixed reviews, but it was great! The food was excellent and an amazing value on the dining plan. We especially loved the Mexican section, the fajitas and quesadillas were so good!

There were conventions going on while we there, but they in no way interfered with us. They were busy during the day and left the buses fairly empty. The only time we were on a packed bus was on the way home from MK. We stayed for Wishes and as expected there was a long line for the buses, but that was the same for every resort. I also liked staying at the Casitas because you are the first stop to be picked up and we always had a seat on the way to the parks and were the first to get off the bus coming home.

What can I say, but thank you for all the advice on information that you all shared on CSR. CSR was not my original choice, we wanted to stay at POFQ but we were able to get a good deal by staying at CSR and not at POFQ so we decided to stay at CSR and we couldn't be happier. CSR will for now on be our resort choice, it was perfect in every way! I am already starting to plan our next trip to CSR!
Welcome home! I am so glad you enjoyed my fav resort--CSR! We can't wait to be there in four months for our anniversary trip. I am so glad your kids loved the pool, and that you liked the Casitas--it is our favorite section and the one we always ask for (and get!).
Old 04-24-2008, 08:20 AM   #499
MamaCrush
DIS Veteran

UShistoryteacher: Which Casistas building were you in? How was the walk to Pepper Market and the main pool?? And I love that you loved the resort!

DCL Western 7-Day Cruise: January 2005 ~ Pop Century: September 2006 ~ Coronoado Springs Resort: September 2008 ~ Saratoga Springs: March 2009 ~ Old Key West: August 2009 ~ Boardwalk Villas: September 2009 -Adults Only! ~ Saratoga Springs: April, 2010 ~ Saratoga Springs: September 2010 - Mickey's Halloween 5K ~ Animal Kingdom Kidani Village: November/December 2010 ~ Animal Kingdom Kidani Village: February 2011 - Princess Royal Family 5K ~ Animal Kingdom Jambo House: May 2011 - Expedition Everest Challenge ~ Wilderness Lodge: June 2011 ~ All Star Movies: October 2011 - Kids Dancing with Disney Youth Performing Arts! ~ Saratoga Springs: January 2012 - Mommy/Daughter Birthday Trip - DD Turns 10! ~ June 2012 - Bay Lake Tower ~ September 2012 - Happy Haunted 5K Trail Run - Port Orleans Riverside ~ March 2013 - Solo Trip - Saratoga Springs ~ May 2013 - Expedition Everest Challenge with DS13 - Animal Kingdom Lodge
Old 04-24-2008, 08:22 AM   #500
gooftroop22
DIS Veteran

T-MINUS 4 DAYS TO CSR! I'm super excited and now after reading the review above I'm even more excited. Can't wait to get there and check out what seems to the best resort there!

WDW 2005 - Offiste - FIRST TRIP!
WDW 2007 - CBR - FIRST ONSITE VISIT
WDW 2008 - CSR - Trip with my Sister
WDW 2009/2010 - CBR - Family Trip
WDW 2011/2012 - Disney Dream/OKW
WDW 2013 - SSR - Grad Trip
DCL 2013 - Disney Dream
Old 04-24-2008, 08:24 AM   #501
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooftroop22 View Post
T-MINUS 4 DAYS TO CSR! I'm super excited and now after reading the review above I'm even more excited. Can't wait to get there and check out what seems to the best resort there!
Have a great trip. And hope you love CSR as much as we do.
Old 04-24-2008, 08:44 AM   #502
markm0926
Cast Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UShistoryteacher View Post

Thanks for posting your review!!
We are even more excited about our choice being CSR in August!
WL - 2005
BWV - 2006

Next trip August 2008 - CSR !!!

Old 04-24-2008, 09:42 AM   #503
UShistoryteacher
Earning My Ears

Mamacrush, We were in Casitas 3. The walk was very short to the Pepper Market, less than 5 minutes and that is walking with 4 kids ages 3-8. The pool took us a bit longer, under 10 minutes, but it is a beautiful walk. The way I judge if the distance is too far is if my kids complain. I never heard a peep from any of them walking to or from the pool or to El Centro. We are all wishing we were still there!
Old 04-24-2008, 09:48 AM   #504
MamaCrush
DIS Veteran

Thanks UShistoryteacher for such a quick response! I must confess I like the "look" of the Casitas over the Cabanas, but my husband likes the idea of the convenience Cabana 9B.

Can anyone tell me what the views are like from Cabana 9B?? Thanks!

Old 04-24-2008, 12:15 PM   #505
gooftroop22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaCrush View Post
Thanks UShistoryteacher for such a quick response! I must confess I like the "look" of the Casitas over the Cabanas, but my husband likes the idea of the convenience Cabana 9B.

Can anyone tell me what the views are like from Cabana 9B?? Thanks!
Go to Buzz's site. He's got a ton of pix for Cabana 9B

DCL 2013 - Disney Dream
Old 04-24-2008, 12:47 PM   #506
gooftroop22
DIS Veteran

Fax number for CSR? I'm sure I've asked a million times but my mind is going in a hundred different ways.....

DCL 2013 - Disney Dream
Old 04-24-2008, 01:15 PM   #507
Lilolvr
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooftroop22 View Post
Fax number for CSR? I'm sure I've asked a million times but my mind is going in a hundred different ways.....
1-407-939-1001
Old 04-24-2008, 01:25 PM   #508
milmore104
My DH is "Dusty Boots"

We are staying at CSR for the first time in Sept. DH has always wanted to stay there but I never really wanted to. But after looking through Buzz's site...AMAZING BY THE WAY THANK YOU... and reading through this thread I'm very excited. I can't wait. Only 147 days and counting...

Old 04-24-2008, 03:52 PM   #510
candeeapril
Disney is my happy thought...now if I could only fly

I put a request in our reservation for cabana's and we alos have water view rooms...I will be traveling w/ dh, dd(7), ds(5), and baby ds..do you think I should request 1st floor? any certain bldg.?

I'm getting very excited..heard wonderful things about this resort

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: