Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-07-2008, 12:29 PM   #151
stsomewhere
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ski-and-Sea View Post
We are definitely snorkeling with Eagle Ray again. They have a 2 reef snorkeling trip and a 3 reef snorkeling trip. The 3 reef trip includes lunch at a private beach club. That was really neat - we sailed up to a dock and got off and literally sat down at a table to eat.

The only thing with the 3 reef is that is gets back rather late in the afternoon so its a bit of a push if you have early dinner seating.
This sounds great. Is this in Cozumel?
We haven't done a western cruise in many years. I think the last one I was pregant with DD. We sailed on HAL.
We prefered to take eastern iteraries with the kids.
stsomewhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 02:01 PM   #152
BlueMarlin
Mouseketeer

DH Joins the Thread

St.Somewhere mentioned I should join the thread and discuss my own Scout swapping activities.

Neckers and Patches sound good. I might ask what both of you think is cool so that I can bring good stuff. I might even be able to make a run to Canada and get patrol patches that are unique from there if interest shows.

Erik

PS: Really glad I took the time to read your posts, because when DW mentioned swapping "knickers" to me, I thought she was hanging with a really strange crew. Once I read the post I and made the reference.
BlueMarlin is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-07-2008, 03:31 PM   #153
Maza
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMarlin View Post

PS: Really glad I took the time to read your posts, because when DW mentioned swapping "knickers" to me, I thought she was hanging with a really strange crew. Once I read the post I and made the reference.
glad you sorted out the confusion. two countries separeted by a common language! I had a weird experience last year when i first joined DIS. In my ignorance i typed fish extenders into ebay...and it came up with bra extendered and for one mad moment i though about hanging underwear outside our cabin Glad i got that one cleared up before the cruise too ! You bring knickers if you want Erik....infact a guess they will also be required...but i dont think we'd be up for swapping
Old 04-07-2008, 04:32 PM   #154
Maza
Mouseketeer

re:pre-teens leaving clubs

i just remembered. When our DD(11) left the Lab...they paged us. Except they never did. Or rather we would receive random pages , usually when Lucy was with us, informing us she had left the club! Cant help but wonder if she had been confused with someone else...but it gave us a few laughs. 'Oh No...shes loose..'
Old 04-07-2008, 07:12 PM   #155
soccermom10
Earning My Ears

We gave our DS11 the ability to sign himself out. The only problem is that my kids never even tried the clubs. We've traveled with my DH's entire family on both of our previous cruises, so all of our kids just hang out with each other all day. The older kids in our group were okay with having a little freedom & we had two way radios to keep in contact. It worked well.
soccermom10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 07:31 PM   #156
Ski-and-Sea
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maza View Post
glad you sorted out the confusion. two countries separeted by a common language! I had a weird experience last year when i first joined DIS. In my ignorance i typed fish extenders into ebay...and it came up with bra extendered and for one mad moment i though about hanging underwear outside our cabin Glad i got that one cleared up before the cruise too ! You bring knickers if you want Erik....infact a guess they will also be required...but i dont think we'd be up for swapping
OMG that is so funny!!!!

You know what would be a great inside joke for us on our cruise is to hang a bra on our fish extenders. Could you imagine what people would think passing by our rooms!!!! Our room stewarts would wonder what kind of nuts we are

Sigh.....so true, countries separated by a common language.

I, too, saw the neckers referenced and was wondering what on earth are those. Thankfully we don't have those in Girl Scouts here.
Aug 2005 Wonder & WDW;
Aug 2006 DCL Double Dip;
Aug 2007 Wonder & WDW;
Aug 17,2008 Wonder B2B - triple dip to CC
Aug 22, 2009 Magic western
Aug 22, 2010 Wonder & WDW
Ski-and-Sea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 07:41 PM   #157
Ski-and-Sea
DIS Veteran

Oh, speaking of reading things that make you chuckle....here's a good one for all us scout families......a fellow Scout leader told me she once saw a registration form for a camping trip and at the bottom it said..."no alcohol or illegal drugs".

Hmmm.....so we guessed legal drugs are okay......
Aug 2005 Wonder & WDW;
Aug 2006 DCL Double Dip;
Aug 2007 Wonder & WDW;
Aug 17,2008 Wonder B2B - triple dip to CC
Aug 22, 2009 Magic western
Aug 22, 2010 Wonder & WDW
Ski-and-Sea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 07:59 AM   #158
Maza
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Oh, speaking of reading things that make you chuckle....here's a good one for all us scout families......a fellow Scout leader told me she once saw a registration form for a camping trip and at the bottom it said..."no alcohol or illegal drugs".

Hmmm.....so we guessed legal drugs are okay......
actually...its not so strange. In correct medical terminology drugs are for medication, not for recreation! Narcotics are legal is prescribed! My dad takes prescribed morphine...he could make a fortune if he thought of selling them on street corners. Fortunatly he just takes them for pain releif! I can prescribe diamorphine (aka Heroine) and pethidine ( another synthetic narcotic) but only to labouring women!
We were a bit more concerned about the no alcohol bit....our camps wouldn't be the same without a beer at the end of the day ( for the over 18s only .. ) Our scout association has enough trouble recruiting leaders without insisting they take the pledge too As long as atleast 2 adults dont drink they dont restrict alacohol. They dont tend to get blind drunk though!
Old 04-08-2008, 08:01 AM   #159
Maza
Mouseketeer

Quote:
OMG that is so funny!!!!

You know what would be a great inside joke for us on our cruise is to hang a bra on our fish extenders. Could you imagine what people would think passing by our rooms!!!! Our room stewarts would wonder what kind of nuts we are

incidently...it would take ALOT of gifts to fill my bra!
Old 04-08-2008, 12:48 PM   #160
stsomewhere
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maza View Post
incidently...it would take ALOT of gifts to fill my bra!
Mine, too.
Old 04-08-2008, 12:52 PM   #161
stsomewhere
DIS Veteran

Fish extenders?

I have never been on a cruise that I have seen these. Is it something that alot of people do? Is it just on a Disney cruise?

I have only seen 1 door sign on any of the cruises we have been on.

I have read online that people hang the extenders outside of their cabins and people put small gifts and notes in them.
How does this work?
Old 04-08-2008, 12:57 PM   #162
stsomewhere
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccermom10 View Post
We gave our DS11 the ability to sign himself out. The only problem is that my kids never even tried the clubs. We've traveled with my DH's entire family on both of our previous cruises, so all of our kids just hang out with each other all day. The older kids in our group were okay with having a little freedom & we had two way radios to keep in contact. It worked well.
We have a over a year to decide. I wish we were going this summer.

Our kids both love going to kids club. They think it is great to have a vacation away from mom and dad.

They have been studing the DVD and the Travel channel show- Disney cruises. They are looking forward to watching a movie while in the pool. Something they have not been able to do on previous cruises.
Old 04-08-2008, 01:39 PM   #163
Maza
Mouseketeer

Fish Extenders....where to begin! lol
In my vast experience of cruising (ie 4 days last year) lots of ppl decorated their doors and we did a huge gift exchange with fellow DISers we met on here. The gifts ranged from pirate bits, specially made m&ms, chocolate wrapped in special wrappers, disney bits, bouncy balls, bubbles for sail away, glow sticks....loads of stuff. We also got a fantastic CD of Disney music...something I am considering doing myself for our Fish Extender gifts for adults There are loads of different threads to read on the subject of Fish Extenders and door decorations. Loads of fun for all the family. This was, and remains, my DHs domain...hes a dab hand with a sewing machine ( its genetic his mum was a soft furnishings expert) and he enjoys playing with photoshop etc...so i leave the logistics of all this to him. I will ask him to post some pics. from our last ( and first ) cruise. We are definatly up for Fish Extending....and DIS tag....and anything else more experienced DISers can come up with. It really livened up our cruise.
Old 04-08-2008, 01:44 PM   #164
Maza
Mouseketeer

here...did it myself
Old 04-08-2008, 01:48 PM   #165
Maza
Mouseketeer

the fish extender.....fresh from the sewing machine

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: