Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-18-2008, 04:47 PM   #91
soccermom10
Earning My Ears

Thanks for the info. I guess I'll have to leave the decision to my mom, but I have a feeling she won't want to go.

We've only been home for 9 days & I feel like the cruise was 3 months ago. I can't believe I have to wait until next August to go again . Wow, I never expected to be so addicted to cruising.....and now I'm addicted to the dis boards! I need help!
soccermom10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 05:15 PM   #92
stsomewhere
DIS Veteran

Wayneg-
Have a wonderful time on vacation. I wish I was going ,too.
I am sick of all this cold weather.
stsomewhere is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-18-2008, 06:13 PM   #93
wayneg
VMK AceCaptainWayne
I can't get my mouth to say healthy things

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stsomewhere View Post
Wayneg-
Have a wonderful time on vacation. I wish I was going ,too.
I am sick of all this cold weather.
It feels like its been a long winter here, not been bad weather really but long. We usually go away for Xmas but not been away since October so that has not helped. Taxi collects us on Saturday morning 10am, soon be here and forcasts look to be 80-90 so thats good.
  • 2005(Oct) Disney Magic + BW Lakeside, 2005 (Xmas) BW Lakeside, 2006(Aug) Courtyard By Marriott LBV + 1st RCCL cruise,
  • 2006(Oct) Disneyland, Cailfornia Howard Johnson, 2006(Xmas)Comfort Inn LBV,2007(Easter)Fairfield Inn, Marriott Village
  • 2007(Aug)Courtyard By Marriott LBV, 2007(Oct) Disneyland CA, HoJo/Vegas, Flamingo,2008(Easter) Windsor Hills, Disney Wonder, Fairfield Inn
  • 2008(Aug)Country Inn, 2nd RCCL, AKL, 2008(Oct)& 2008(Xmas)Fairfield Inn, 2009(May)Country Inn 2009(Aug)OKW, Disney Magic, Regal Sun
  • 2010(Easter) Hampton Inn LBV 2010(Aug) Royal Pacific & OKW 2011(Feb)H.I. Express LBV 2011(Aug)OKW, Disney Dream, HI DTD
  • 2011(Oct) Fairfield Inn 2012(Aug) Fairfield Inn, OKW 2012(Nov) Fairfield Inn 2013(Apr) Fairfield Inn LBV 2013(Aug) Swan & ESA LBV 2013(Oct) ESA LBV
  • 2014(Jul) Hilton Garden Inn LBV 2014(Sept) Disney Magic 14nt WBTA, Wyndham Bonnet Creek
wayneg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 08:26 AM   #94
stsomewhere
DIS Veteran

It has been a very long winter in Michigan. Snowfall has been 14 inches above average this year.
Old 03-21-2008, 04:57 PM   #95
stsomewhere
DIS Veteran

More SNOW

The snow is falling now. By tomorrow morning, there should be at least 8 inches. I wish I was leaving soon. ALot of airports are being delayed because of snow/ wind.

I feel soory for those who are trying to get somweplace warm from the midwest. Most flights from chicago have been canceled or 6 hour delays. New York is a 1-3 hour delay becasue of wind. Detroit has no problemas as of now. They have over 100 snow plows t keep the runways clean. But, soon snow willing be falling at 2 inches an hour.
Old 03-21-2008, 07:05 PM   #96
soccermom10
Earning My Ears

Quote:
The snow is falling now. By tomorrow morning, there should be at least 8 inches.
Do you get sick of all the snow? We really haven't had any snow at all this winter. I do wish we could have had one good storm, but now I'm just ready for warm weather.

It supposed to be chilly/rainy/light snow tomorrow for us. Unfortunately my DS is in a soccer tournament all day, so I get to be stuck an hour away from home & in the rain for 3 games.
Old 03-21-2008, 07:27 PM   #97
stsomewhere
DIS Veteran

This year we have gotten several big storms +8 inches. Then, it melts and we start all over. It was 65 degrees last week.
The kids always look forward to snow days.
Winter just seems to go on and on and on this year. Last year, we hardly had any snow.

They wanted to go to the park this week to unse the clinbing sturtures but, I guess we will go sleding instead.
Old 03-22-2008, 08:36 AM   #98
stsomewhere
DIS Veteran

Winter is still here. We got 10 inches of snow last night.
Old 03-22-2008, 05:38 PM   #99
Ski-and-Sea
DIS Veteran

The winter in NJ has been schizophrenic for the past two years. Warm followed a freeze up followed by warm.

Last winter we had two severe ice storms.

This winter has been heavy rain and almost no snow. I read we had the wettest February on record.

I've been reading on DIS about that snowstorm in WI and MI. I thought that "storm" was supposed to be just a clipper and fast moving. That storm looked like it wouldn't budge and by the time it made it to NJ we just had overcast skies.

As an avid skier I am a winter weather junkie. Last November Accuweather published their long range winter forecast and it was absolutely right. They predicted it would be stormy at the beginning and end of the winter and mild in the middle. That's exactly what happened in NJ.

I think the la nina had a lot to do with the crazy weather this winter.

I'll be blunt - I'm so reluctant to take a winter vacation that involves flying anywhere because of the risk of airport closures and that it can take days to reschedule a flight.

Last winter my DB and SIL had to cancel a vacation to Cancun when we got hit by an ice storm. Couldn't get another flight for four days so they bailed out completely.

And people worry about the risk of sailing in August and hurricanes.

BTW....we just got back from our last ski day of the season. It was slushy in the afternoon but we had a blast.
Aug 2005 Wonder & WDW;
Aug 2006 DCL Double Dip;
Aug 2007 Wonder & WDW;
Aug 17,2008 Wonder B2B - triple dip to CC
Aug 22, 2009 Magic western
Aug 22, 2010 Wonder & WDW
Ski-and-Sea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 08:54 PM   #100
stsomewhere
DIS Veteran

DH has been wanting to teach the kids how to ski. They have not been interested. Every time we have a "free" weekend, the snow has melted.
DH and DS are both heavily involved with Cub Scouts. DD is in Brownies. It keps us all busy.

Today was pretty exciting. We got into a car accident. Everyone is okay but, DH's car not. We are waiting until Monday to find out IF its fixable. Dh is hoping its not because he has been wanting a new car- but we still have a year left to pay it off. He's hoping to get enough $ back to cover loan and more. I told him reat! We can take the $$$ and pay off DCL and book another. I don't see the problem. He just laughed.
Old 03-26-2008, 06:30 PM   #101
soccermom10
Earning My Ears

stsomewhere - sorry to hear about your car accident. Hope all is well.

Jackie
Old 03-26-2008, 06:35 PM   #102
stsomewhere
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccermom10 View Post
stsomewhere - sorry to hear about your car accident. Hope all is well.

Jackie
We are good. We went car shopping today. Just waiting on AAA. They are suppose to total it. My DH has been wanting to get a new car, so now he has an excuse.
It happened at the right time because we were thinking about doing some work to it. He had a seal leak and it would of been about $2000 for a new engine.

How was your son's soccer tournament?
Hope he did well.
Old 03-26-2008, 06:48 PM   #103
soccermom10
Earning My Ears

Good luck with whatever car you choose. I recently had to go car shopping as well & I was a little shocked at some of the prices. I don't know how people can afford some of these cars today? I have to admit that I love my new car though.

It was a very long day, but my son's tournament went well, thanks.
Old 03-26-2008, 07:05 PM   #104
stsomewhere
DIS Veteran

I was shocked at how expensive cars are. Especially the ones DH needs. He is 6'5'' and has trouble fitting into cars because he can't see out of front window. I told him he could just use my van. He laughed. He needs a car with good gas mileage because of work.
I need a big van to haul kids and friends around. Also, to pull our trailer.
Old 03-26-2008, 08:31 PM   #105
Ski-and-Sea
DIS Veteran

Quote:
DH has been wanting to teach the kids how to ski. They have not been interested. Every time we have a "free" weekend, the snow has melted.
DH and DS are both heavily involved with Cub Scouts. DD is in Brownies. It keps us all busy.

Today was pretty exciting. We got into a car accident. Everyone is okay but, DH's car not. We are waiting until Monday to find out IF its fixable. Dh is hoping its not because he has been wanting a new car- but we still have a year left to pay it off. He's hoping to get enough $ back to cover loan and more. I told him reat! We can take the $$$ and pay off DCL and book another. I don't see the problem. He just laughed.
OMG...how terrible. Are you sure everyone is okay? You all might be feeling a bit sore in a couple of days.

We drive old cars so we've escaped (knock on wood) having to look at new car prices. But now we're getting hit with the big ticket repair bills. Ouch.

I'm a Girl Scout leader myself. Actually I'm going to be service unit manager soon. So that keeps me very busy. Fortunately I can do a lot through emails, but its a lot of emails.

That's why I constantly take a peek on DIS to get a good chuckle.

Actually we started skiing because of Girl Scouts. My co-leader organized a trip to Camelback in PA and fortunately my kids had a terrific instructor and we've been hooked ever since.

Taking up skiing is way easier now with the parabolic shaped skis. Makes turning a whole lot easier. Now my DB and family have taken up skiing as well.

Our high school recently started a ski race team and my kids are looking forward to doing that.
Aug 2005 Wonder & WDW;
Aug 2006 DCL Double Dip;
Aug 2007 Wonder & WDW;
Aug 17,2008 Wonder B2B - triple dip to CC
Aug 22, 2009 Magic western
Aug 22, 2010 Wonder & WDW
Ski-and-Sea is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: