Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > The Creative Community > Cooking
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 599 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 02-23-2008, 01:28 PM   #1531
lynninpa

Help yourself! I just made a few new batches!

Thanks for all of the new posted recipes!
lynninpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 01:55 PM   #1532
mkycrzy1971
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynninpa View Post
I'll add it to the Requested Recipes list, mkycrzy, in hopes someone has the recipe for you!
Thank you!

Sadly, no ticker for now
mkycrzy1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-23-2008, 02:36 PM   #1533
JennsAStar
Earning My Ears

Garden Grill!

in epcot we all fell in love with the potatoe cassarole they serve at lunch (and dinner too) does ANYONE have this recipe!
Old 02-23-2008, 02:55 PM   #1534
PixiePowered
Mouseketeer

Quote:
i'll add it to the Requested Recipes list, PixiePowered.
Thank you lynninpa... my husband has talked about that drink ever since that trip!!!!

Upcoming:
???

Completed:
DL - 10/2012 Anaheim Plaza Inn; 06/2011 HoJo's Kids Suite; 10/2009 HoJo's; 08/2008 Residence Inn Maingate; 10/2006 Residence Inn Maingate; 12/2005 Residence Inn Maingate; 06/2005 Residence Inn Maingate; 11/2004 Residence Inn Maingate; 12/2003 Candy Cane Inn; 06/2003 Disneyland Hotel; 05/2002 Candy Cane Inn; 06/2000 Disneyland Hotel; 10/1996 Holiday Inn Express

WDW - 11/2013 Wilderness Lodge; 08/2007 Contemporary Resort
PixiePowered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 03:30 PM   #1535
Tatania
Disney Foodie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennsAStar View Post
in epcot we all fell in love with the potatoe cassarole they serve at lunch (and dinner too) does ANYONE have this recipe!
Potato Casserole
from the Garden Grill Restaurant, the Land

2 lbs potatoes, diced
2 lbs shredded potatoes
2 c diced onions
1 T dried thyme
1 qt heavy cream
8 egg yolks
8 oz mild cheddar cheese, shredded
6 oz parmesan cheese
2 T salt
1 1/2 t white pepper

Mix together all ingredients, reserving 2 oz cheddar cheese. Spray 2X10X10 pan with nonstick spray. Fill pan 3/4 of the way full with mixed ingredients. Top with remaining cheese & cover with parchment, then foil. Bake at 325 for 50 minutes. Remove foil and paper and bake for an additional 10 minutes. Let stand for 15 minutes.

First visit to WDW in 1976. Many times since then.

Tatania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 04:58 PM   #1536
Tatania
Disney Foodie

Goats Town

Goats Town (Irish Goat's Cheese and Wild Mushroom Terrine)
Raglan Road Pub and Restaurant, Pleasure Island (from Chef Kevin Dundon)
Serves 4 - 6

1 1/4 Tbsp olive oil
3 shallots, finely chopped
1 garlic clove, crushed
6 oz forest mushrooms, chopped (such as chanterelle, oyster, and shiitake)
8 ounces soft goat's cheese, crumbled (from a log)
1 1/4 Tbsp whole grain mustard
1 1/4 Tbsp chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
1 poached pear, quartered and fanned out (recipe below)
salt and freshly ground black pepper
fresh marjoram sprigs to garnish, optional
4 wafer-thin slices caramelized onion crostini (recipe below)

Heat the olive oil in a heavy-based frying pan. Add the shallots and garlic and sauté for about 2 minutes until softened but not colored. Add the mushrooms, season generously and continue to sauté for 3 - 4 minutes until tender and all of the excess liquid has evaporated from the pan.
Remove the pan from the heat and add the goats cheese with the mustard, parsley and a good grinding of pepper. Stir gently for a minute or two until some of the goat's cheese has just started to melt, tossing the pan occasionally. Be careful not to overcook this or you'll end up with a processed cheese-type finish.
Transfer the goats cheese mixture into a 1 pint loaf tin that is lined with cling wrap. Leave to cool completely, then cover with more Saran wrap and chill for at least 2 hours, or overnight is best, to firm up.
To serve, turn the terrine out onto a chopping board and peel away the cling wrap, then cut into individual slices. Arrange on serving plates with the fanned out poached pear. Garnish with the marjoram sprigs and serve with crostini.

Poached Pears (this recipe makes 4 poached pears)
4 firm, ripe pears
1 small lemon, cut into quarters
1 small orange, cut into quarters
1 cup plus two tablespoons sugar
2 1/4 cups red wine

To poach the pears - peel the pears, leaving the stalks in place and remove the cores. Stand them upright in a pan that fits comfortably and add the lemon, orange, sugar and wine. Add a little water if the pears are not completely covered in liquid and bring to a simmer. Cook gently for 40 to 45 minutes, until completely tender. Remove from the heat and leave to cool in the liquid for at least two hours or the next day is best to allow the flavors to infuse. To serve, fan out the pears, and arrange on serving plates.

Caramelized Onion Bread (for Crostini)
3 cups (3/4 lb) strong unbleached white flour, plus extra for dusting
1 - 1/4 oz packet of dried yeast
11 oz hand-hot water
1/2 teaspoon salt
olive oil, for greasing
1 egg yolk beaten with 2 tsp. water
4 tsp. onion marmalade (recipe below)

Place the flour in the bowl of a food mixer fitted with a dough attachment if you have one. Add the yeast, hand- hot water and salt. Switch on the machine and mix until you have a very sloppy dough. You can also do this by hand and mix with your fingers for 2 -3 minutes, then knead to incorporate the flour, scraping the sides of the bowl and folding the dough over itself until it gathers into a rough mass.
Turn the dough out onto a well floured surface; lightly flour your hands. Knead for 6 -8 minutes until the dough is smooth and pliable. The dough will be very sticky at first; keep your hands and work surface lightly floured, using a dough scraper if necessary to prevent it from sticking and building up on the work surface. As you continue kneading, the dough will become more elastic and easier to handle. Shape into the loose ball, then return it to a clean bowl and cover with cling wrap. Leave to rest for 20 minutes.
Turn the dough out again onto a well floured surface and knead for 2 to 3 minutes or until it becomes springy and very smooth. Shape into a loose ball and place it in a lightly oiled large bowl. Turn to coat the dough with the oil and cover tightly with cling wrap. Leave to rise at room temperature for1 hour, or until a slightly puffy but has not doubled in size.
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Remove the dough from the bowl and former into an oval shaped loaf. Brush with beaten egg and then spoon the onion marmalade on top. Bake for 45 minutes until the loaf is a deep golden brown and sounds hollow when tapped on the bottom. Transfer to a wire rack and leave to cool before using.
(This makes a small loaf and can be doubled to make 1 large loaf of bread).
To make the crostini, preheat a grill or a griddle pan and toast thin slices of caramelized onion bread - preferably 1 day old - on both sides. Remove from the heat and immediately rub 1 side with a halved garlic clove. Drizzle over a little olive oil to finish. Don't be tempted to make these too far in advance, as the bread goes soggy.

Onion Marmalade (makes 1 1/3 cups)
4 red onions, thinly sliced
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
dash grenadine syrup

Place the onions and sugar in a heavy-based pan and cook over a gentle heat for 10 to 15 minutes until the onions have softened and the sugar has completely dissolved, stirring regularly.Stir the red wine vinegar and wine into the onion and sugar mixture. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for another 5 minutes until the marmalade as well thickened and slightly sticky. All the liquid should be just about gone. Add the grenadine and mix well. Then leave to cool completely.
If you're not planning on using the onion marmelade immediately, transfer to a bowl, cover with Saran wrap and chill until needed. It will keep like this for up to 1 week in the fridge.
Chef’s Note: this is one of my essentials and streets ahead of anything you can buy. It has so many different uses. Try it in sandwiches or stirred into creamy mashed potatoes, or serve with cold meats etc.

First visit to WDW in 1976. Many times since then.

Last edited by Tatania; 03-27-2008 at 12:01 AM.
Tatania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 09:14 PM   #1537
wvdislover
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I have heard good reviews on this! I'll add it to the Requested Recipes list, wvdislover!
Thanks tons! I really appreciate it!
July '89--Fort Wilderness; Feb '93--Dolphin, POR; Feb '95--Marriott World Center; Feb '97--Marriott World Center, POR; Feb '99--Marriott World Center; April '02--AS Movies; Feb '03--Gaylord Palms, Hard Rock Hotel; Feb '04--Dolphin, Hotel at Florida Mall; Feb '06--POR, Dolphin; June '06--POP; Sept '07--AKL (a dream come true!!!); Feb '08--Coronado Springs Resort/Marriott World Center; Sept '08--Beach Club/Disney Wonder (our first Disney Cruise!!!); Feb '09--Disneyland; Sept '09--Beach Club; Sept '10--Beach Club (3D Travel's Ultimate Field Trip); Sept '11--All-Star Music Family Suites (3D Travel's Ultimate Field Trip); Sept '12--Art of Animation (3D Travel's Ultimate Field Trip for Homeschoolers)
wvdislover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 09:06 AM   #1538
disney54us
SHE'S GONE, OH MY!

Well it's been a while, lots of running. Can't believe all the recipes added!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatania View Post
Haha, I love the little band you set up! It can be fun but like all jobs, can have it's down side (like low pay). Fun things are going to China for the Olympics on a cultural exchange and possibly teaching my Origins of Cuisine courses on crise ships.
How exciting for you, I guess all those make up for the low pay!

Quote:
Thanks for the tip, bnf2! Maybe the person who posted the recipe could edit it to include the eggs in the ingredients list? It would be greatly appreciated!
Okay went back and checked the recipe. In the ingredient list it doesn't list eggs! I didn't realize it when I posted the recipe, since I just type what I see. This is from DVC vacation magic mag. They have a recipe corner in each addition. I still have the page and no eggs on the ingredient side. Maybe our resident chef can tell us how many based on the amounts of the other ingredients.

Going through my recipes I came across a few more. I found these on Family Fun mag web site, but they were originally in Dis Mag.
From Mama Melrose's I have:Penne Bolognese, Chicken and Chianti Risotto, Tomato, Onion and Herb Salad and Mama's Fruit Salad.
Ca. Grill - Cliff's Lemonade (Chef Cliff Pleau),Spiced Olives, Parmesan Pita Points, Asian Coleslaw, Grilled Yellowfin Tuna, Poppyseed Angel Food Cake,
Grilled Pork Tenderloin w/Polenta and Balsamic smothered Mushrooms. My incomplete one is from Brown Derby Gazpacho del sol and Grapefruit Cake, I am missing pg 2 of 3 will try to find it somewhere. I also came across Le Cellieir's Creme Brulee, but very strange and w/measurements.
I will try to check the index to see if we have these or not and will post. I anyone reads this b/f and knows if these are needed before I check index just let me know.

I've been unbirthday'd

tiggerfan1

THERE IS A DREAM IN PA MISSING
THERE SHE GOES! WAITING
SPARTANS NEVER DIE

1929-2008
disney54us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 09:21 AM   #1539
greeneeyes
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney54us View Post
Well it's been a while, lots of running. Can't believe all the recipes added!!!

How exciting for you, I guess all those make up for the low pay!

Okay went back and checked the recipe. In the ingredient list it doesn't list eggs! I didn't realize it when I posted the recipe, since I just type what I see. This is from DVC vacation magic mag. They have a recipe corner in each addition. I still have the page and no eggs on the ingredient side. Maybe our resident chef can tell us how many based on the amounts of the other ingredients.

Going through my recipes I came across a few more. I found these on Family Fun mag web site, but they were originally in Dis Mag.
From Mama Melrose's I have:Penne Bolognese, Chicken and Chianti Risotto, Tomato, Onion and Herb Salad and Mama's Fruit Salad.
Ca. Grill - Cliff's Lemonade (Chef Cliff Pleau),Spiced Olives, Parmesan Pita Points, Asian Coleslaw, Grilled Yellowfin Tuna, Poppyseed Angel Food Cake,
Grilled Pork Tenderloin w/Polenta and Balsamic smothered Mushrooms. My incomplete one is from Brown Derby Gazpacho del sol and Grapefruit Cake, I am missing pg 2 of 3 will try to find it somewhere. I also came across Le Cellieir's Creme Brulee, but very strange and w/measurements.
I will try to check the index to see if we have these or not and will post. I anyone reads this b/f and knows if these are needed before I check index just let me know.
Those can all be found on line if you need the complete recipes.
I've made the creme brulee and don't understand what you mean by strange measurements.
greeneeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 09:28 AM   #1540
apostolic4life
Chef Grumpy

Another Cornbread Recipe Short On Ingredients

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatania View Post
Cornbread
Yacht & Beach Club Resorts

4 ounces eggs
4 ounces oil
10 ounces bread flour
6 3/4 ounces sugar
1 ounce milk powder
1/4 ounce salt
to taste vanilla
8 ounces water
1.2 ounces baking powder

* Beat eggs
* Add eggs to oil and water
* Mix until well blended

* For corn bread, bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown.

* For muffins, bake at 400 degrees for ten minutes and reduce heat to 350 degrees. Continue to bake for another 15 minutes or until golden brown.

I was going through the different cornbread recipes to compare them and noticed that this one does not have any cornmeal.......can't be cornbread without cornmeal.

Where we've been:Aug. 2004 - CBR : Aug. 2004 - DCL : Dec. 2005 - POP : Nov. 2006 - Poly : Dec. 2007 - Off Site : Mar. 2009 - Off Site : May 2010 - Off Site : Jan. 2011 - POR : Feb./Mar. 2012 - Off Site
Where we're going: Dec. 2012 - Off Site
Me: DW: DD18: DD9: DD6:
DS3:

Last edited by apostolic4life; 02-24-2008 at 09:35 AM.
apostolic4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 09:33 AM   #1541
apostolic4life
Chef Grumpy

Maybe Try This

Quote:
Here's another!

Hoop-Dee-Doo-Musical Revue Cornbread
Recipe serving size: A whole pan (We ain't fancy at the fort.)

3/4 cup cornmeal
1 1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 tbsp baking powder
1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 cup milk

1. blend flour, cornmeal, salt baking powder and sugar in a mixing bowl.

2. In a separate bowl, blend milk, eggs and oil with a hand-held mixer.

3. Using that same mixer, slowly add the blended liquid to the dry
ingredients prepared in step 1, , mixing just enough to incorporate the
wet and dry ingredients.

4. Spray a 9x13 inch cake pan with non-stick food spray, and pour the
batter into the into the pan, spreading evenly.

5. Bake in a preheated oven at 375 degrees F for 20-25 minutes or until
bread is golden brown.

6. Allow to cool. Then cut, eat, sing and throw your hands in the air like
you just don't care. (or just eat, your call)

Based on the ingredients listed here, I would say one or two eggs would be fine......since the directions call for "eggs" two probably would do it. If you make this with the two eggs and the batter seems too thick then add one egg at a time until the batter reaches a good consistency. That would be my suggestion.

Where we've been:Aug. 2004 - CBR : Aug. 2004 - DCL : Dec. 2005 - POP : Nov. 2006 - Poly : Dec. 2007 - Off Site : Mar. 2009 - Off Site : May 2010 - Off Site : Jan. 2011 - POR : Feb./Mar. 2012 - Off Site
Where we're going: Dec. 2012 - Off Site
Me: DW: DD18: DD9: DD6:
DS3:
apostolic4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 09:37 AM   #1542
disney54us
SHE'S GONE, OH MY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeneeyes View Post
Those can all be found on line if you need the complete recipes.
I've made the creme brulee and don't understand what you mean by strange measurements.
I have the complete recipes, except for the Brown Derby ones. I was listing what I came across and planned on posting later. The Creme Brulee is when a while back the would hand out copies outside, when you walk through the 'countries'. By strange usually heavy cream is measured in ounces or cups my recipe has 2 1/4 pound of heavy cream, since the other ingredients are in oz maybe this was a typo on there part and they meant cups. I find that strange.

I've been unbirthday'd

tiggerfan1

THERE SHE GOES! WAITING
SPARTANS NEVER DIE

1929-2008
Old 02-24-2008, 09:48 AM   #1543
disney54us
SHE'S GONE, OH MY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by apostolic4life View Post
Based on the ingredients listed here, I would say one or two eggs would be fine......since the directions call for "eggs" two probably would do it. If you make this with the two eggs and the batter seems too thick then add one egg at a time until the batter reaches a good consistency. That would be my suggestion.

Thanks, I know we have made comments on how Disney recipes can be hard to follow sometimes, but mix the eggs when the eggs aren't on the ingredient list. I do have another question? A while back there were some post about soups and you mentioned that in kitchen's they are made in big batches, and the machine they used to mix and get them smooth. I just read in another magazine a soup recipe and the chef recommended blending the soup. I have made the Cheddar Cheese soup and though it was good, it never quite had the consistency that it does at Le Cellier's. Would you advise should I put it in the blender? If so how long? Thanks, for your help.

I've been unbirthday'd

tiggerfan1

THERE SHE GOES! WAITING
SPARTANS NEVER DIE

1929-2008
Old 02-24-2008, 10:19 AM   #1544
greeneeyes
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I have the complete recipes, except for the Brown Derby ones. I was listing what I came across and planned on posting later. The Creme Brulee is when a while back the would hand out copies outside, when you walk through the 'countries'. By strange usually heavy cream is measured in ounces or cups my recipe has 2 1/4 pound of heavy cream, since the other ingredients are in oz maybe this was a typo on there part and they meant cups. I find that strange.
ok because its 1 pint of heavy cream that is used.
Old 02-24-2008, 10:22 AM   #1545
greeneeyes
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Thanks, I know we have made comments on how Disney recipes can be hard to follow sometimes, but mix the eggs when the eggs aren't on the ingredient list. I do have another question? A while back there were some post about soups and you mentioned that in kitchen's they are made in big batches, and the machine they used to mix and get them smooth. I just read in another magazine a soup recipe and the chef recommended blending the soup. I have made the Cheddar Cheese soup and though it was good, it never quite had the consistency that it does at Le Cellier's. Would you advise should I put it in the blender? If so how long? Thanks, for your help.
Do you have an immersion blender? Thats what I use because you can blend right in the pot you are cooking in. To use a regular blender you would have to ladle it in and be very careful because hot liquids can cause it to "explode" out of the top and you run the risk of getting burned.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: