Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > The Creative Community > Cooking
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-21-2008, 09:51 PM   #1516
VMK_Mouse
DIS Veteran

Does anybody know the recipe for jungle juice? This is the special orange juice blend served for breakfast the new Donald's Breakfast Safari.
VMK_Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 09:55 PM   #1517
VMK_Mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatania View Post
The chef at Tusker House uses a lot of the recipes from Boma - though apparently has improved on them - according to the staff at Tusker House, LOL. I bet they use the same juice recipe.

Jungle Juice
Boma, AKL

1 part pineapple juice, 1 part mango juice, 2 parts orange juice, 2 parts lemonade.

I did not see this before I posted as it was not listed as Tusker. Thanks so much for sharing.
VMK_Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-22-2008, 01:46 PM   #1518
lynninpa

Help yourself! I just made a few new batches!

Narcoossee's: Spiced Tea Base

Narcoossee's: Spiced Tea Base

1 lemon, sliced
4 whole cloves
Cinnamon stick
1/2 cup sugar
1 quart orange juice, fresh
Ice cubes
Lemon wedges
Fresh mint sprigs

Simmer lemon slices, cloves, cinnamon stick, sugar & orange juice for 15 minutes in a 2-quart saucepan. Do not let boil! Strain juice and discard other ingredients. Refrigerate until well chilled.
To serve the spiced tea, prepare a mixture of 50% base and 50% cool brewed tea over ice. Garnish with lemon wedges and mint sprigs.

Note: Always let tea cool before adding base or the tea will discolor.
lynninpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 07:16 PM   #1519
nemofans
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by plgrn View Post
For the Garden Grill cornbread, this is a stab in the dark, but...
I have an old Walt Disney World/Disneyland cookbook from the early 1980's that has a cornbread muffin recipe for back when it was "The Land Grille Room." Boy I feel old

Here it is:

Corn Muffins
2/3 cup sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup shortening
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 eggs
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 Tbsp baking powder
3/4 cup yellow cornmeal
1 1/3 cups milk

Combine sugar, salt, shortening, and vanilla in a bowl and mix with a mixer for 5 minutes until slightly creamed. Add eggs one at a time and beat for 3 minutes after each addition

Mix flour, baking powder, and cornmeal well. On low speed add half flower mixture and half milk and beat just to blend. Add remaining flour mixture and milk and beat just to blend. Spoon into paper lined cup cake pans and bake at 400 F for 20 minutes.

It's worth a try! Hope the haven't changed the recipe since then.
Thanks so much! I was hoping someone could help me find the recipe! I'll give it a try. They were so good!
And thanks Gismo1554 for posting my question here! I didn't realize there was a whole thread for WDW recipes.

I've been BOO'd!!

8/2000 Grosvenor Resort (got engaged!), 11/2005 DL PPH CL, 12/2006 Poly, 02/2008 AKL, 2/2010 CR CL, 2/2011 DCL Magic, 11/2011 DL GCH, 10/2012 AKL CL

2013 Book Challenge: 87 out of 75 GOAL MET!!
2014 Book Challenge: 49 out of 85
nemofans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 07:19 PM   #1520
mom of princess
Mouseketeer

Help!!!

Loving this thread...

Have a long list of recipes I want to try and it only took me 3 days to get through them all (DD kept kicking me off computer to do playhouse Disney, {sigh} we have raised her well so far).
I have a question about the Whispering Canyon Apple-Caramel pie. I wanted to make it for DH but I think I found a mistake. Down in the directions, it says to add cinnamon with the apples but up in the ingredients cinnamon isn't even listed. I don't even like apple pie, but love my DH who hasn't been feeling well lately due to arthritis, so I have no clue how much cinnamon to add. Can anyone help me??

Didn't get my in July 2007 OR June 2009 -- what's the deal?? Someone get me a Mickeybar ASAP!!
July 2012 - time for a surprise trip?? You Betcha!! POFQ surprise for DD
June 2009 --All Star Sports, just the 3 of us
July 2007 -- POP, party of 7
June 2001 -- All Star Movies
June 1999 -- All Star Movies
June 1997 -- Caribbean Beach Resort honeymoon
mom of princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 08:12 PM   #1521
mkycrzy1971
DIS Veteran

Hello! I am looking for the recipe for pork chops from the Whispering Canyon Cafe...they were on the menu last May but taken off by Sept...I cannot remember a lot about them except they had some kind of sweet type glaze on them...anyone else remember the name? My husband absolutely loved them and is crying the blues that he will not be able to get them on our upcoming anniversary trip...I guess I COULD make them before we leave if I have the recipe....couldn't I???? Maybe that will get me some extra "brownie" points!?!?!?

Sadly, no ticker for now
mkycrzy1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 08:17 PM   #1522
Tatania
Disney Foodie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom of princess View Post
Loving this thread...

Have a long list of recipes I want to try and it only took me 3 days to get through them all (DD kept kicking me off computer to do playhouse Disney, {sigh} we have raised her well so far).
I have a question about the Whispering Canyon Apple-Caramel pie. I wanted to make it for DH but I think I found a mistake. Down in the directions, it says to add cinnamon with the apples but up in the ingredients cinnamon isn't even listed. I don't even like apple pie, but love my DH who hasn't been feeling well lately due to arthritis, so I have no clue how much cinnamon to add. Can anyone help me??
The recipe as printed in Delicious Disney includes 3/4 tsp. cinnamon as well as three quarter tablespoon chopped candied ginger.

Caramel Apple Tart

First visit to WDW in 1976. Many times since then.

Last edited by Tatania; 03-26-2008 at 11:56 PM.
Tatania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 08:37 PM   #1523
Tatania
Disney Foodie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbiSheeley
At Raglan Road, last September, my first Disney meal was wonderful! I really want the recipe for "Pie in the Sky" and "Granny's Soup". I would like to make them for St.Patrick's day.

Thanks
My contact at Raglan Road just wrote me back and says:

Quote:
...just checked with the restaurant manager and unfortunately we cannot give out the recipes for those dishes without authorization from Kevin Dundon who is our signature celebrity chef. He resides in Ireland and is contactable by email
However the Granny's soup is one of the recipes that are published in his cookbook and slightly modified for Raglan Road. For the American version they use gin and basil. The Irish version uses Poitin and Chives. Can you let me know if this picture looks about like what you had?

I have Chef Kevin's e-mail address so if I have time I'll contact him this weekend regarding the pie. I'll post more recipes from Raglan Road as soon as I have time to transcribe them.

Tomato Basil and Gin Soup (Granny's Soup)
Raglan Road Restaurant, Pleasure Island (from Chef Kevin Dundon)
Serves 4 - 6

2 1/2 Tbsp. Olive oil
1 small onion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
2 1/4 pound (1 Kilo) ripe plum tomatoes, halved
2 fluid ounces (1/4 cup) gin or poitin*
3 cups kitchen garden vegetable stock (see below) or water
Pinch light muscovado sugar (optional)
1 cup cream
salt and freshly ground black pepper
Crème fraiche and snipped fresh basil or chives to garnish

Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add the onion and garlic and sauté for a few minutes until golden. Add the tomatoes and continued to sauté for another five minutes or so until well heated through and just beginning to break down.
Pour the gin into the pan and allow to reduce by half, stirring occasionally. Stir in the vegetable stock or water and allow to reduce by half again. Blitz with a hand blender to a smooth purée. Season to taste and add the sugar if you think the soup needs it.
To serve: add the cream to the soup and allowed to warm through. Season to taste and ladle into warmed serving bowls. Garnish each bowl with a small dollop of crème fraiche and a sprinkling of basil or chives.

* Poitin is a traditional Irish spirit that is made from potatoes. It is now sold under a number of commercial brands and really does have a unique flavor. The Irish version is made with Poitin.

Garden Vegetable Stock
Makes 2 litres

3 onions, roughly chopped
1 leek, roughly chopped
2 celery sticks, roughly chopped
6 carrots, roughly chopped
1/2 head garlic, unpeeled
1/4 teaspoon white peppercorns
1/4 teaspoon pink peppercorns
1 small bay leaf
1 fresh sprig each of basil, coriander, thyme, parsley, chervil and tarragon, tied together with a string
1 scant cup white wine

Place the onions, leeks, celery, carrots and garlic in a stock pot or large pan. Add the peppercorns and herbs. Pour in 2 litres (2 quarts plus 1 cup) of water and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the wine, then push the herbs right down into the liquid and set aside to cool completely. When a stock is cold, transfer to a large jug or bowl. Cover with saran wrap and chill for 24 hours. The next day, strain the stock through a muslin- lined colander into a clean jug or bowl, discarding the vegetables, peppercorns and herbs. Cover with saran and place in the fridge. Use within three days or freeze into 2 1/4 cups sealable plastic containers and use within a month.
Note: always cut the garlic heads across the "equator". This gives you solely the sweet garlic flavors and not the harsh garlic oil.

Last edited by Tatania; 03-26-2008 at 11:59 PM.
Old 02-22-2008, 10:32 PM   #1524
wvdislover
DIS Veteran

Hi! I would love to have the recipe for the lasagna they serve at Tutto Italia. I had the lasagna last week while I was there and LOVED it, but I forgot to ask for the recipe Thanks!
July '89--Fort Wilderness; Feb '93--Dolphin, POR; Feb '95--Marriott World Center; Feb '97--Marriott World Center, POR; Feb '99--Marriott World Center; April '02--AS Movies; Feb '03--Gaylord Palms, Hard Rock Hotel; Feb '04--Dolphin, Hotel at Florida Mall; Feb '06--POR, Dolphin; June '06--POP; Sept '07--AKL (a dream come true!!!); Feb '08--Coronado Springs Resort/Marriott World Center; Sept '08--Beach Club/Disney Wonder (our first Disney Cruise!!!); Feb '09--Disneyland; Sept '09--Beach Club; Sept '10--Beach Club (3D Travel's Ultimate Field Trip); Sept '11--All-Star Music Family Suites (3D Travel's Ultimate Field Trip); Sept '12--Art of Animation (3D Travel's Ultimate Field Trip for Homeschoolers)
wvdislover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 01:35 AM   #1525
Tatania
Disney Foodie

Colpucinno

Colpucinno (Frothy Colcannon soup)
Raglan Road Irish Pub and Restaurant, Pleasure Island (from Chef Kevin Dundon)Serves 4 - 6

Soup:
2 oz (50 g) rindless streaky bacon, diced
1 onion, finely chopped
8 ounces potatoes, diced
1 leek, thinly sliced
5 ounces Savoy cabbage, thick stalks removed and shredded
3 cups Kitchen Garden Vegetable stock (see recipe above) or water
2/3 cup (150 ml) cream
1/4 stick (1 oz) butter, diced (at room temperature)
Coarse sea salt and freshly ground black pepper

Heat a large pan and sauté the bacon over a medium to high heat for a couple of minutes until the fat comes out. Stir in the onion, potatoes, leek and cabbage, then cover with a lid and sweat over a medium heat for 10 minutes until well softened but not colored, stirring occasionally.
Pour the vegetable stock or water into the cabbage mixture and bring to a boil, then season to taste. Stir in cream and simmer for a few minutes until the soup has a creamy texture.
To serve, remove the soup from the heat and whisk in the butter. It is important not to re-boil the soup once the butter has been added or you'll find it will curdle. Ladle the colcannon soup into cappuccino cups or warmed serving bowls and serve with a cheese straw to the side. (recipe below).

Cheese Straws
6 oz sheet ready-rolled puff pastry, thawed if frozen
plain flour, for dusting
2 ounces Cheddar Cheese, finely grated
1 egg yolk beaten with 2 tsp. water

Preheat the oven to 350°F. Place the puff pastry on a lightly floured work surface and sprinkle over the cheddar in an even layer. Fold in half widthways to enclose the cheese layer completely and roll out again to its original size, using a little extra flour if necessary. Brush all over with the beaten egg and place in the fridge for 15 minutes to rest.
Take the chilled cheese pastry and cut it into 4 in lengths, each 1/2" wide. Hold the ends of each strip between your fingers and twist the ends in opposite directions. Arrange the twisted strips on nonstick baking sheets and sprinkle a little salt over each one. Bake for 10 minutes or until crisp and golden brown, then transfer to a wire rack and leave to cool. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Note: These are a fantastic canapé and perfect to kick-start any dinner party. They can be made up to 3 days in advance and stored in an airtight container at room temperature. Crisp in a preheated oven at 400°F for 2 to 3 minutes before serving.

Last edited by Tatania; 03-26-2008 at 11:53 PM.
Old 02-23-2008, 07:06 AM   #1526
mom of princess
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatania View Post
The recipe as printed in Delicious Disney includes 3/4 tsp. cinnamon as well as three quarter tablespoon chopped candied ginger.

Caramel Apple Tart
Thank you so much! I had a feeling it wasn't a lot of cinnamon but didn't know for sure. And it looks delicious.

Didn't get my in July 2007 OR June 2009 -- what's the deal?? Someone get me a Mickeybar ASAP!!
July 2012 - time for a surprise trip?? You Betcha!! POFQ surprise for DD
June 2009 --All Star Sports, just the 3 of us
July 2007 -- POP, party of 7
June 2001 -- All Star Movies
June 1999 -- All Star Movies
June 1997 -- Caribbean Beach Resort honeymoon
mom of princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 01:19 PM   #1527
lynninpa

Hoop Dee Doo: Cornbread

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnf2 View Post
One note: the ingredient list does not list the 2 eggs needed.
Thanks for the tip, bnf2! Maybe the person who posted the recipe could edit it to include the eggs in the ingredients list? It would be greatly appreciated!
Old 02-23-2008, 01:22 PM   #1528
lynninpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixiePowered View Post
I'm looking for a recipe for a (alcoholic) drink that used to be served at 'The Lost Bar' at the Disneyland Hotel. My husband got it while we were there in June 2003 (or maybe it was 2000) ... it was called something to the effect of 'California Sunsplash'?
i'll add it to the Requested Recipes list, PixiePowered.
Old 02-23-2008, 01:24 PM   #1529
lynninpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkycrzy1971 View Post
Hello! I am looking for the recipe for pork chops from the Whispering Canyon Cafe...they were on the menu last May but taken off by Sept...I cannot remember a lot about them except they had some kind of sweet type glaze on them...anyone else remember the name? My husband absolutely loved them and is crying the blues that he will not be able to get them on our upcoming anniversary trip...I guess I COULD make them before we leave if I have the recipe....couldn't I???? Maybe that will get me some extra "brownie" points!?!?!?
I'll add it to the Requested Recipes list, mkycrzy, in hopes someone has the recipe for you!
Old 02-23-2008, 01:27 PM   #1530
lynninpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvdislover View Post
Hi! I would love to have the recipe for the lasagna they serve at Tutto Italia. I had the lasagna last week while I was there and LOVED it, but I forgot to ask for the recipe Thanks!
I have heard good reviews on this! I'll add it to the Requested Recipes list, wvdislover!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: